Screenclipping not working

I'm running three sessions of ON on three computers using the Workbook stored
on a USB hard drive.  Two are working fine.  the third does not seem to be
taking the screen clipping.  Screen grays and I can select but then nothing.
If I clip on sys 1 0r 2 and then syc, the clipping shows up in the right
place on 3.

I use a note book "Stuff to File" to store clippings and screen prints.
Send to ON works on sys 3.

Any Ideas??
onenote 551 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Bob Perry wrote:
> I'm running three sessions of ON on three computers using the
> Workbook stored on a USB hard drive.  Two are working fine.  the
> third does not seem to be taking the screen clipping.  Screen grays
> and I can select but then nothing. If I clip on sys 1 0r 2 and then
> syc, the clipping shows up in the right place on 3.
>
> I use a note book "Stuff to File" to store clippings and screen
> prints.
> Send to ON works on sys 3.

Try a Repair (Control Panel | Software )

Rainald

0
Rainald
11/11/2009 8:24:54 PM
Rainald, or anyone:

I tried the repair nothing changed.  I had tried to use repair before but I
just hadn't found it Win7,  I'm still an XP guy new to 7.

I did a search for, *.one,  And checked all the files for changes using
today's date.  None of then yielded my screen clipping.  ON seems to be not
saving the clipping anywhere.  I am running this ON on the CEEDO drive. It
appears that I will need to do a clean install of ON.  I can't think of any
other place to look.
BTW: I searched the C: drive also.

"Rainald Taesler" wrote:

> Bob Perry wrote:
> > I'm running three sessions of ON on three computers using the
> > Workbook stored on a USB hard drive.  Two are working fine.  the
> > third does not seem to be taking the screen clipping.  Screen grays
> > and I can select but then nothing. If I clip on sys 1 0r 2 and then
> > syc, the clipping shows up in the right place on 3.
> >
> > I use a note book "Stuff to File" to store clippings and screen
> > prints.
> > Send to ON works on sys 3.
>
> Try a Repair (Control Panel | Software )
>
> Rainald
>
> .

Need to combine two working formulas
Hi, I'm trying to figure out how to add one more layer of complexity to my formula, but it's not working. Any assistance would be appreciated. My spreadsheet has several expense sections, each with a "subtotal". I'm trying to lookup the subtotal lines and sum for the column in which this formula lies. Here's the simplified version: =SUMIF (Range1, "Subtotal", Range2) This formula works great, but people keep typing the word "Subtotal" differently. So I'd like to replace that string with: IF(NOT(ISERROR(FIND(&...

Word freezes when working with pictures
When I'm making documents with many pictures, word suddenly stops working, and when i open the programmaneger there is two versions running, and the status for both is not responding?? I also have a problem running other programs when using word, the simply don't start until i close word?? Regards TeddyC It helps to know which version of Office and OS you are using and whether they are patched up to date. Start by running Detect and Repair for Office. Then go to the temp folder and clear out all the abandoned bumph: see http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word...

Screenclipping not working
I'm running three sessions of ON on three computers using the Workbook stored on a USB hard drive. Two are working fine. the third does not seem to be taking the screen clipping. Screen grays and I can select but then nothing. If I clip on sys 1 0r 2 and then syc, the clipping shows up in the right place on 3. I use a note book "Stuff to File" to store clippings and screen prints. Send to ON works on sys 3. Any Ideas?? Bob Perry wrote: > I'm running three sessions of ON on three computers using the > Workbook stored on a USB hard drive. Two ...

out of office assistant not working
hi.. i have set out of office assistant from the EXCHANGE SERVER2000and from the client side outlook too..but its still not working,when i sent an e-mail locally.it does not says the person is not in the office.it goes to the inbox.. any ideas ...

regression lines and r-square in work sheets instead of charts
1. I am mathematically challenged 2. I have a series of numbers such as sales per month for a 60 month period. From these numbers I have to predict the next month, quarter’s sales. I have to (1) enter the historic data, (2) prepare a line graph, (3) add a trend line by choosing one of the regression types (4) set the period and ask for the r-square value, (5)"zoom in" on the graph to find the value. (6) go back to the worksheet and plug in the predicted number and the r-square value and (7) repeat steps 2-6 for each of the remaining 5 regression models. 3. I could enter the ...

UpdateData not working
I have a dialog with an edit control IDC_EDIT. I have associated a CString variable m_str with the edit control, via class wizard. I also have overridden the function OnOk() as follows: void CMyDialog::OnOK() { int startTime = m_startTimeEdit.m_time; int endTime = m_endTimeEdit.m_time; UpdateData(); // newStr is a public member of CMyDialog class newStr = m_str; CDialog::OnOK(); } When I call this dialog via DoModal(), i expect newStr to contain the contents of the edit control (updated contents if the control was modified). But I am observing that m_str and hence newStr still contai...

Summing values where one is #Error doesn't work
I have a raw_data table (originating from an external source and pasted regularly into Access). I have a normalised_query query based on raw_data and doing 'stuff' including converting a text column to a number column. Where this conversion fails (<1% of cases) the column in the query contains #Error. I now want to run another query which includes a sum of that column, but because the value #Error appears in one of the rows, the sum fails. What's the simplest way around this? How are you converting the text to number? You might try something like: IIF(isnumeric([you...

system working slow
hi, When i start working on the system, it is working fine and normal,,, but after 3 or 4 hours, system starts processing slow . when i restart the pc, after restarting, again it is working normal....... there is any process or steps to refresh the system like at the time of restart the pc, so i do not have to resart pc again and again..... Thanks, Vijay Take a look in the Task Manager when the computer starts and take note of the CPU and Memory usage counters. When the machine slows down take another look at the counters and see what is different. A leaky ...

Send to Onenote on Windows 7, driver won't work?
I downloaded the driver from David Rasmussen, but every time I open OneNote after printing to XPS I get the message "Unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately. Object reference not set to an instance of an object." If I click continue it still doesn't work. This was one of my favorite features - PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE find me a way to use OneNote! I lived off of it last year. Rilli wrote: > I downloaded the d...

auto caps don't work
in outlookk 2003, even tho i have set tools, options, spelling to autocorrect the first word of a sentence. it doesn't do it. i have never had this problem before, but now i have a new laptop and can't get this feature to work. -- tom martin Are you using Word as your editor? If so, your settings are there. Otherwise, learn to type. http://www.broderbund.com/jump.jsp?itemID=4713&itemType=CATEGORY&path=1%2C2%2C4713&ysmchn=GGL&ysmcpn=Typing&ysmcrn=sr2br29go633go202pi10ai50&ysmtrm=sr2br29go633go202pi10ai50+mavis+beacon&ysmtac=PPC&ovtac=PPC&SR=s...

Hyperlinks to DB dont work now that DB is converted
We have converted all our Access 97 databases to Access 2000- not without a lot of issues. Most of them have now been researched and resolved, some re-coded, etc. We have one issue that we cannot resolve. We used to have hyperlinks on our Intra-net to several Access Databases. These were essentially "shortcuts" to the databases so that the general population could have easy access. Now that we did our Access conversion, the hyperlinks on our intranet do not work. Clicking on the link gives an option to open the file from its current location or download it to a local loc...

Search does not work for one workbook
I have workbook, but search (spotlight) often does not work for it. Drives me crazy. What can this be. I see peoples names in there. Kevs OS 10.6.2 INTEL imac Office 2004 Hi Kevs: It could be the file format the workbook is saved in. What extension does the file-name have? The extension tells the system what kind of data a file contains, which controls which importer Spotlight uses to read the file: if there is no extension you could get strange results. Cheers On 6/01/10 2:47 AM, in article C7689F21.5718F%forums55@verizon.net, "forums55@verizon.net"...

working with temporary working files..
I keep getting the message that I cannot save a temp. working file. This work has been save on a cd and transfered back on to my desk top. Help ...

How does hibernate work
I have a question on the details of how hibernate works. I know it's saving everything in memory to the hiber file. Since power seems to be truly off at hibernation I assumed the flag to tell the PC to resume from the hiber file rather than normal booting must be either saved on disk or flashed to a bit of bios rom space, or maybe in space maintained by the clock battery. But the cure for a laptop that is stuck in a loop of constantly resuming from hibernating is to unplug it and take the battery out for a while so where actually is the flag to signal the system that it's in hi...

Non-working work week
Is there any way to make an entire week a non-working work week? As in, a task is going to take 25 days, but the 4th of July occurs in the middle and you want to show that during that week (or 2), no work will occur. Besides creating a new task or extending the task during. Thanks in advance! Hi RVE, Open up the calendar, "Tools", 'Change working time..', then simply select the days you want as non working. Make sure that the calendar you change is the Project calendar and is the basis for all other calendars such as individual resource calendars. Hope thi...

Graphing work and remaining work over time
I would like to generate a graph showing total actual work and remaining work for a top level task over time (week), This would enable me to show the projected remaining work through the duration of the project as it decreases from N to 0, and show the actual work completed though the duration of the project as it increases from 0 to N. The canned visual reports don't allow me to do this (that I can see anyway). Maybe I'm missing something. I also can't see how to customize a visual report that will do what I want. Using Microsoft Project 2007 (not the Server edit...

GP8 Manufacturing
Hello Everybody. Our Shop works 5 days a week (closed weekends). We have a WC that works 6 days a week (down Sundays only). We have setup both the Shop and WC Calendars to reflect this reality. We would expect that, when scheduling an MO that routes thru this WC, the WC calendar will override the Shop Calendar? However, our tests are not showing this to be true - We use a Backwards Infinite Scheduling Method and it always skips the weekend when calculating the start day of an MO regardless of the WC. Does anyone have any experience working with the WC Calendars? Please share your wis...

outlook2003 send button does not work
send button does not work i have tryed a new email acc. and reinstalling with no luck. now i am useing express and then export to outlook ...

Drag and Drop does not work
Hi all. This is funny: When I try to drag and drop a message from "Inbox" to "Backup" I get an error message. When I right click and select "move to folder"- it does work. ANY CLUES? TIA Guy Not a single one. No Outlook version = no clues. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Guy Cohen asked: | Hi all. | | This is funny: | When I try to drag and drop a message from "Inbox" ...

Internet Explorer E-mail links are no longer working in Outlook?
Hi, As soon as I click an e-mail link in Internet Explorer, another Outlook pops up. It used to just open a fresh new e-mail screen with the persons address already in the "TO:" line ? I can't figure out what I did wrong. Thanks, Rich ...

Spell check not working.

SunTrust Auto-Download Not Working after Banking Upgrade
I have been automatically downloading transactions from SunTrust since I installed MS$ 2007 Deluxe last year. I have done this without having to signup (for a fee of 5.95/month) with SunTrust for MS$ support. AFter the MS Banking Upgrade, I had to re-establish my SunTrust account with MS$. But, now I'm told (by MS$) that I don't have a SunTrust on-line account. Any thoughts? Anyone? I have been having issue as well with Suntrust, even if you get it to work you will find that its basically useless now downloading and duplicating pending transactions repeatedly, this is where I am ...

Working with option buttons in Word 2002
So, we are trying to create a form in Word 2002 in which we offer a series of radio or "option" buttons for some of our survey questions. However, we are struggling to make the option buttons work through the "Web Tools" toolbar. We can create the list we want to create, but can't save the file so it can be e-mailed and utilized in the correct capacity. Can someone please walk me through the steps of how to create a form in which there are numerous questions, almost all of which utilize the same clickable "option buttons" to choose either a &q...

Working with WORKS
We have some spreadsheets in WORKS 4.5 fpr Windows 95. But Excel 2000 won't open them. It says that the version is incompatible. How can that be if it is an older version of WORKS? Using Windows XP. -- ____________________ Bill DeShawn Please reply to group only Thank you http://my.sterling.net/~bdeshawn Generally you would normally open the file in WORKS and then save it down as a file that Excel can read. .xlr is a native Excel format, or .txt, .csv, dbaseIV are all formats it can read. You can also find a converter here if you don't have WORKS. http://www.rl-software.co...

Size of excel work book is not full screen
The excel work I have been sent is not full screen (about 3/4 size). Clicking on blue header does not make it full screen. It is not possble to stretch the window either. Maybe the workbook is protected with the windows option checked. Tools|Protection|unprotect workbook (if that option is available) You may need a password. Mike wrote: > > The excel work I have been sent is not full screen (about 3/4 size). Clicking > on blue header does not make it full screen. It is not possble to stretch the > window either. -- Dave Peterson ...