Post-it note like tool for OneNote

Follow
Email
When pasting an actual word or pdf file in OneNote for annotation, is there a
way to insert someting similar to a post-it note so that the comments stand
out and don't get lost in the original text? Acrobat has such a feature and I
wonder if it is available either in ON 2007 or 2010.

Many thanks.
0
Reply Utf 5/6/2010 5:13:01 PM
onenote 551 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi there,

You can insert "flags" in OneNote to help make them stand out.

To add a note tag:

- Place the pointer in the paragraph that you want to tag.
- On the *Standard* toolbar, click the arrow next to  the *Tags*
  button, and then click the note tag you want.

I hope this helps!

Isabella
MSFT Office Outreach Team

--
Isabella_Oteam
0

It also lets you take notes on OneNote pages so that you can take notes on
anything you print to OneNote, for instance.

--
Thanks,
John Guin

"Deejay" wrote:

> When pasting an actual word or pdf file in OneNote for annotation, is there a
> way to insert someting similar to a post-it note so that the comments stand
> out and don't get lost in the original text? Acrobat has such a feature and I
> wonder if it is available either in ON 2007 or 2010.
>
> Many thanks.
0
Reply Utf 5/7/2010 4:40:01 AM
Thanks for the tip. I still feel OneNote could do with something like the
yellow comments in Acrobat. They are free standing and can be moved about
freely and are very useful for annotation as you can superimpose them on any
other text.

"John Guin [msft]" wrote:

> OneNote 2010 has "Linked Notes," which should meet your needs.  You can read
> about how it works with PowerPoint at
> http://blogs.msdn.com/johnguin/archive/2010/04/14/check-out-linked-note-taking-with-onenote-and-powerpoint.aspx
>
> It also lets you take notes on OneNote pages so that you can take notes on
> anything you print to OneNote, for instance.
>
> --
> Thanks,
> John Guin
> OneNote Test Team
> http://blogs.msdn.com/johnguin
>

> "Deejay" wrote:
>
> > When pasting an actual word or pdf file in OneNote for annotation, is there a
> > way to insert someting similar to a post-it note so that the comments stand
> > out and don't get lost in the original text? Acrobat has such a feature and I
> > wonder if it is available either in ON 2007 or 2010.
> >
> > Many thanks.
0
Reply Utf 5/10/2010 9:11:01 PM
Follow
Email

OWA Web Admin Tool
Has anyone used the OWA Web Administration Tool? I can install it ok, but virtually all of the configurable options are grey'd out. I'm a full admin (domain and exchange). It seems to work on back-end servers ok, but the front-end OWA servers (the ones i *need* to configure) are all grey'd out. "jim" <jim@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message news:eSFehUCgGHA.324@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Has anyone used the OWA Web Administration Tool? I can install it ok, but > virtually all of the configurable options are grey'd out. I'm a full > admin (dom...

Posting old bills
I am setting up Money 2006 to tract income and expenses for a rental property, but I need to back date it to 1/1/2007. How do I enter bills and deposits made in the past? Thanks Go to the account register and enter the manually. Just click on the next blank transaction and go to town. You may want to make sure you are using Advanced Register. If there are subsequent transactions already in these accounts and you have balanced the accounts to statements--as though these transactions were already entered--then you will have to adjust account beginning balances and/or Account Adjustment...

* OWA... (Third Post)
Microsoft? If you're concerned about security then you should respond to this question. We cannot make this OWA server available on the Internet without applying the latest SP and critical updates. =========================== Our OWA Exchange 5.5 server (Windows NT Server) recently died and we replaced it with a Windows 2000 Server. We installed Exchange 5.5 OWA then applied Exchange SP4. Everything was working until we apply Windows 2000 SP4. Everytime we logon we get "OWA was unable to get to your inbox" error. As soon as we un-installed Windows 2000 SP4, OWA wo...

To the sender of the MI5 posts
I am not sure if you read responses or (like most other spammers) just see the web as a place where you are free to say whatever you want without fear of contradiction. Who knows? Either way - this section of this site is site is specifically here so that anyone with a comment, question, point to rise, etc regarding access databases can post with the knowledge that other likeminded people may read their post. It is not here as a general forum to discuss other matters. I have no doubt that if you are blocked from posting you will see this as yet another indication that MI5 is after yo...

change note color
Hi, I would like to know if exist a possibility to change the color of note triangle ? by default is RED and i would like to apply to it the color that i want... tia, Alain Sorry..i mean but note, a COMMENT in fact. "Alain R." <no.valid@email.com> wrote in message news:ucUQ8JO2DHA.2308@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I would like to know if exist a possibility to change the color of note > triangle ? > by default is RED and i would like to apply to it the color that i want... > > tia, > Alain > > Hi Alain, Background colour of comments i...

What's the difference between Cross-posting and Multi-posting
And thanks for the discussion earlier... although the rudeness was unneeded. Sign me, A New User (and learning from you all) rochgal, you wrote on Thu, 22 Sep 2005 14:53:03 -0700: > What's the difference between Cross-posting and Multi-posting Cross-posting = You send one posting to several newsgroups. Multi-posting = You send several postings (with the same content) to several newsgroups. -- Best Regards Christian Goeller Some misspellings, grammatical or linguistical mistakes found? All corrections would be appreciated! ...

Post to GL
Hello I am having a problem with a setting within Great Plains 8.0 service pack 2. I have posting setup to only allow posting from the batch level for Inventory. But when you go into Inventory Batches the check box for post to gl is not marked. If I have it setup in posting to post to the gl shouldn't this check box be marked in inventory batches? -- Thanks, Brian Apples and oranges. The post to GL checkbox on the inventory batch window tells the system whether an IV transaction will post at all. The posting settings in tools --> setup --> posting tell the system w...

migrate nsf not on Lotus Notes server to pst
I know the migration wizard works for a mail file on a Lotus Notes server, but does anyone know of a utility that will migrate an archived .nsf to a .pst? Thanks in advance. ...

Intrastat posting issue
We are a UK company using intrastat. At the moment we cannot post invoices directly (thru) to the General ledger because we are getting an error saying that the 'intratsat information is missing'. When we click on an invoice that won't post in the Sales Transaction Entry screen, and click on the blue EC flag box, all the intrastat data is there and correct. Then when we post it goes through to the GL correctly. It seems that it will only post to the GL if every single line is checked (via the Blue EC flag) on the sales invoice regardless of the fact that all the date is alr...

Access 2002 bug: "dynamic" forms problem
There was no respond to my original post in microsoft.public.access.forms (May 5th 2007) about a fortnight so I try it here... ��������������������������������� A while ago we had a discussion about A2002 (sub)form which changes dynamically from code (hide/unhide controls, change subfom's width, etc.). There's a problem if I make some changes in code when the form is open: if I save changes, A2002 saves controls positions & subform's size as well. This is a BIG A2002 BUG and it's really annoying. Why Access forms don't behave as Visual Basic forms? I don't want Acc...

where is my post??
twice now I have typed up my post & sent it. So where is it? On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 08:41:36 -0700, Stapes <steve.staple@gmail.com> wrote: >twice now I have typed up my post & sent it. So where is it? On Google Groups: 1184773041.958329.270430@e16g2000pri.googlegroups.com Google's been having some problems lately, maybe it's temporarily unavailable. John W. Vinson [MVP] You mean the multiple posts with subject "Cancel = true"? I see 3 of them, and Allen Browne's already provided an answer. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I...

printing notes #2
Is there a way of printing a selected range of notes in Outlook? Bryce. You could create a custom view that shows only the notes you want to print, and then print from that view. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:%23Xc2u0C%23EHA.1544@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl, Bryce wrote: > Is there a way of printing a selected range of notes in Outlook? > > Bryce. ...

My post not posted!
A couple of times when I've posted a reply to a recent post (same day), and later tried to view it, I found the header with a line drawn through it, and the following in the message body view pane: Message is no longer available on the server Windows Live Mail is unable to retrieve the requested message because the server no longer has the message available. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- News servers regularly expire articles as they get older to make space available for newer articles. IMAP servers can be accessed by multip...

Cannot send newsgroup post with an attachment
I can send and receive posts using Outlook Express 6 newsgroups. I do not use html. When I send a post that has an attachment, e.g. a 160kB jpg that post never shows up as having been sent. How can I fix this? regards, "nobody" I can't speak for others, but msnews has a 100KB limit. If I have a need to post a graphic, I upload it to TinyPic and post the link to it. TinyPic: http://tinypic.com/ -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "news.microsoft.com" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message ...

Editing Sales Rep in a Posted Transaction
Does anyone know if there is a way to recall a transacrion just to change the associated sales rep? Hello Scarpa, You cannot change a transaction that has happened via the system's interface. You could modify the database using SQL or Access or a number of other tools... however that may not be the right thing to do. One of my clients was having this happen quite often... for example John sold it but it was rung up under Peter... so we created a return reason code for wrong sales rep... the cashier basically recalls the transaction for return.... picks the reason code and then eit...

What can I use to write something like Console.WriteLine in a web servivce method
Hello! I hope somebody know about web service even if this is a asp.net forum. If I have a web service method and just want to use something like Console.WriteLine in a web method how can I write this ? //Tony "Tony Johansson" <johansson.andersson@telia.com> wrote in message news:g7_1n.14493$U5.223721@newsb.telia.net... > If I have a web service method and just want to use something like > Console.WriteLine in a web method how can I write this ? What are you hoping to achieve by writing to the Console in a web method? Who's going to see i...

Why my posting are not posted!
I am not sure why sometimes my postings are not posted! do you know why? Perhaps because you are using Microsoft's unreliable web interface to the newsgroup? Better to access the newsgroup directly, using a newsreader. -- David Biddulph "LABKHAND" <LABKHAND@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:635CB4A1-C4C9-4A80-AB93-3C8601E3F0DD@microsoft.com... >I am not sure why sometimes my postings are not posted! do you know why? "LABKHAND" <LABKHAND@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am not sure why sometimes my postings are...

Lotus Notes to Outlook
I user presented me with the below request, how would I do this?: Hi, when I left my previous employer, I copied my Lotus Notes (4.6) databases onto a CD (email, calendar, journal). I now want to import these into Outlook (or at least read them). I don't have access to the old Lotus Notes server or the Lotus Notes mail software any more, just Outlook and the .nsf files. What should I do? In news:48A30144-EB8B-4CDB-9458-DB5DE37DF7D5@microsoft.com, ghutnick <ghutnick@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > I user presented me with the below request, how would I do this?: >...

Sql Code generation tools
Hi all, Are there any good Sql code generation tools out there in the market? If not can you please give me tips or sample code for creating one? I need to automate code generation for data integration. Here is what I repeatedly need to do... We have a table called CONTSUPP in our Sql Server database. All of our clients have the same database structure so they all have the CONTSUPP table. I need to create different kinds of views on this table for different clients. I also need to generate Instead of Triggers on these views. Then I need to write stored procedures to import data fro...

Prior year posting 2 years
Client has 2009 open and all previous years closed. They want to post transactions to 2007. GP by default does not allow that. Is there a work around? Rich, There is no way to do this in GP out of the box. If they absolutely must post to 2007, the option I would recommend is to have the MBS Professional Services team open the 2008 year for your client, which will allow them to post to 2007, since that will now be the last closed year. Once done, the client would close 2008 again. Professional Services only does this as a consulting engagement and the cost will depend on a number of...

DST help on echange calendar tool
Hi I need help on this. I installed exchange calendar tool on a windows XP. At first it works, but now it does not work any more. First, I run Msextmzcfg.exe and it works. I got batch file and input file. I created a defualt outlook prifile which user has full mailbox access and send as permission on all maiboxes on the exchange server. When I run the batch file, Msextmz.exe will open outlook serveravl time base on how many users in the input file. But it does not open all the users' mailbox, it only repeatly open the default user mailbox. So the TZmove.exe will only run on the defualt use...

Excel should undo/redo after saving a file--just like Word.
Excel does not allow to Undo/Redo previous actions after the file has been saved. In other words, if the user has made changes to the file, but wants to keep the previous version and forgets to rename the file and clicks the save button, the user cannot utilize the Undo/Redo options to go back and correct this. On the other hand, Word does allow this. Why doesn't Excel? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you d...

Transactions Lost Posting to GL
We've been using Great Plains (Dynamics V9) since 9/01/06, and are having some serious problems when posting to GL. In one case, one payment of two vouchers was lost going from A/P to GL. We only print about 30 checks a week, so at the end of the month when we posted to GL and noticed the discrepancy, it was relatively easy to track down the payment that was lost. The Accounting firm that helped with the installation was of no help. Their solution was to create a journal entry, which of course brough GL up to date, but didn't solve the problem. Now this month, we're about $8,000 of...

Posting negative 401k transactions
I have a typical 401k account setup with a corresponding cash account. I am manually balancing my account at the end of the quarter. In other words, I'm not using the 401k manager or "balance an account" wizard. In my investment account, I want to buy x shares of a stock for the quarter, however the final market value decreased for the account. Normally, a stock that increased for the quarter would show as a payment in the cash account. I want to show this as a deposit. If you use the balance an account wizard, it will somehow place a negative price so that it shows up as ...

Activities, notes related to Facilities and equipment
Hi, I would like to know how to be able to have the entities Activities and Notes with the entity Facilities / Equipment. We cannot see these relation. Nevertheless in the form of customization, we can see that the check mark is there for Notes Thanks ...