Page Breaks in OneNote 2010

Is it possible to see where page breaks are when using the infinite page in 2010? If not, is it possible to choose Letter, but keep adding pages to the bottom of the existing page (allows me to see page breaks in an alternative fashion)? The lack of visible page breaks has been a major drawback (one of the few) in my usage of OneNote 2003 and 2007. I did see that if I use the Letter setting, I can continue typing beneath the "page bottom" into the dark gray area beneath, but it would be nice to have the view all white with a dotted line for the page break.
2
tjebme
12/12/2009 3:28:23 PM
onenote 551 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Thanks for pointing to this problem.

tjebme wrote:
> Is it possible to see where page breaks are when using the infinite
> page in 2010?

No. Unfortunately not.

> If not, is it possible to choose Letter, but keep
> adding pages to the bottom of the existing page (allows me to see
> page breaks in an alternative fashion)?

Aa above.

> The lack of visible page
> breaks has been a major drawback (one of the few) in my usage of
> OneNote 2003 and 2007.

IMHO it's one of the biggest - if not *the* biggest - drawbacks in ON
that there is no way to (b) set pagebreaks on endless pages manually
and/or (b) to see the pagebreaks when a page is set up with a fixed
size.

Over the years there have been countless complaints about this
insufficient behaviour and numerous postings in "Connect". But nothing
has been done on this. I'm really angry about this serious omission.
Obviously the developers' team concentrated in other things (like
"cloud" functionality). I had a discussion with the head of the team,
Daniel Escapa, in the TP newsgroup. The sad result is that nothing will
(can?) be done prior to Office 15 (ways up in the "clouds" <g&d>).

I do not really understand it. IMHO it could not be too difficult to add
the functionality of using a certain key-combination for inserting
control-characters for producing a new page on the printer and to show
this something like a dotted line on endless pages.
The classic WordStar was able to do this in the first half if the
19eighties. So IMO it would not be rocket-science to implement something
like this.

> I did see that if I use the Letter setting, I
> can continue typing beneath the "page bottom" into the dark gray area
> beneath, but it would be nice to have the view all white with a
> dotted line for the page break.

This would be a minimum. And the gray color would have to be taken away.

I do not think that at this stage we might be able to convince the
developers to do do at least something on the seriously suffering
printing issues. But it would not hurt to post in the new ON2010 Beta
forum where Daniel Escapa appears from time to time.

Rainald

1
Rainald

Exchange 2010 reverse lookup
We just transitioned from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2010. On the 2003 box we had enabled the reverse DNS lookup setting. It allowed us to send email to certain domains that did a reverse lookup. Now since we moved to 2010, we are back in the same boat as before. Can someone tell me how to enable DNS reverse lookup on a single Exchange 2010 server. Yes we have a PTR from our ISP BUT we are still getting emails bounced. Enabling reverse lookup on your server helps control spam sent to you, not mail you send out. I don't believe Exchange provides reverese DNS lookup ...

Mirror pages
We working on a 55 page catalog that is using the ACCENT BOX layout that came with Publisher. Every page has a pageholder/header at the top that shows the name of the catalog, the page number and a little image. When we began this, we were adding single pages (not knowing about the master page concept). Now we have all the pages ready but we've noticed that the page numbers within the pageholder and image are all on the top right of every page. What we would prefer is that they be mirrored with the left pages (odd number) having these items on the left hand corner and the right ...

All pages display on each page
I am having a problem with 2002 version that displays every page in the publication as one. Essentially every page is overlayed on every other page which makes the whole thing look like a big mess. Any suggestions as to how to cure this ? You maybe experiencing video driver failure. Do this, slide the acceleration down on your adapter, control panel, display folder, settings tab, advanced button, troubleshoot tab, slide the acceleration down a couple of notches. If this solves your issue go to the manufacturer's web site of your graphics card and look around for an upgraded driver. D...

How to have more than one page on web site
I am trying to upload a newsletter to a website, but only the front page appears. How do I get all of the pages to appear? ...

creating an e-mail hyperlink from a web page
Can anyone tell me what format I need to use to format a hyperlink that customers can click the submit button and communicate via e-mail to me from our web page. -- Gina I presume you know how to insert a hyperlink, and that given your use of the words "submit button", that you are actually asking about how to get the forms feature to work. Reference: Publisher web publication forms 101 http://msmvps.com/blogs/dbartosik/archive/2006/01/07/80564.aspx And then you will probably want to read the article about HTTP uploading protocol, and the troubleshooting article here: http:...

Problem with SDK pages after changing SQL port number

Where is the thumbnail view in Word 2010?
Where is the thumbnail view in Word 2010? What operating system are you using? If using Windows Vista or Windows 7 then you'll see a "Save Thumbnail" option in the Save As dialog box at the bottom. Note this option is application specific. Once you enable/disable, it will apply to all documents. If using Windows XP then click the File tab to open Backstage view. Click Info if necessary and in the Properties pane on the right, click Properties and then click Advanced Properties. You'll find the thumbnail option on the Summary tab. As an additional note, if ...

IFD Sign In Page
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C8940A.D1DDFFB0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi All, Can we leverage credentails passed to "Sign In" page of MS CRM 4.0 in = IFD environment? I want to use it for making call to Discovery service = to fetch organization details. Thanks Rajeev ------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C8940A.D1DDFFB0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//...

Remote 2007 SP1 to 2010 beta migration
The charity I support has an off-site DPM 2007 SP1 server running on W2003 32-bit. It backs up file servers and Exchange 2003/2007 over a WAN (DSL ~ 3Mbps). We have currently bought a new 64-bit capable server so that we can upgrade to DPM2010 (and Exchange 2010). This server will also be located off-site. My ideal upgrade path would be as follows: - install DPM 2010 on new W2K8 R2 x64 server - migrate existing recovery points etc across LAN from old W2K3 DPM 2007 SP1 server to DPM 2010 server - migrate configuration from W2K3 DPM 2007 SP1 - point agents to new DPM 201...

what is the easiest way to load a web page in vc++? thanks Depends upon what you mean load. If you mean launching default browser, use ShellExecute. If you mean to load it in your MFC app, use CHTMLView. Other options are MSHTML, IWebBrowser2 etc. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com <anonymous@coolgroups.com> wrote in message news:08836cee5638a933f900557a8deb7d83@news.scbiz.com... | what is the easiest way to load a web page in vc++? | | thanks >-----Original Message----- >what is the easiest way to load a web page in vc++? > >thanks >. > microsoft ...

Page up and Page down
Is there any way the you can use Code to cause a form to do page up and page down. I have a Long form that some of the information that is at the bottom of the form is out of view and only use by certain people. How can I have a botton on click go page down to the bottom and another button that will return the form to the top of the form. I know that you can use the keys to accomplish this but for appearance value I would rather use a button on the form to accomplish this. any ideas? Sandrao, You can put a Page Break control on your form. Then, code on the Click event of your button...

Where did the other pages go in my booklet?
Opened an 8 page booklet to update it and print. (Created in Publisher 2003) The only page that is there is the first page. 7 pages are gone. Opened a brochure to print and all that is there is the front side. The extra pages seemed to have disappeared during one of the Microsoft updates. Is there any way to retrieve or find these missing pages? Disappearing pages don't happen during updates. Are you using 2007? Is it a trial? Do you have the page tabs visible in the status bar? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "PDX Sue" <PDX Sue@discussions.mic...

How to Make Page No dissapear if there is only one Page
Hi, Is there a way in MS Word 2003 and 2007 for making the page number display only if there is more than one pages. ie. the moment the pages become 2 the page number should appear and the moment the page number become 1 the page number should dissapear. Please help me out of this Regards, Akhil You could use a conditional field combination in the header/footer {IF {Numpages} > 1 {Page}} It will work in any version -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Wor...

Printing Appts from multiple Calendars on one page- How
Hi Guys. I have a client that uses Exchange 2k3 and Outlook 2k3 for a Calendaring/appointment system for their offices. The person at the front desk makes most of the appointments directly into the user's Calendars via shared calendars. While she can see multiple calendars at once, she would like to be able to print out one page that contains the appointments of multiple calendars. ie; Appointments from multiple calendars time slotted down the page. She needs to be able to juggle interview rooms and other resources and she has to know who has appts at what times. Any ideas on this one?...

I lost my page sorter at the bottom left hand side. How do I get.
I cannot find the page sorter and thus cannot go to different pages. How do I get the page sorter back? Thanks, Myra While in a state of ecstasy after repairing his laptop, Ed sees a message from Rice MS Newsletter Editor <RiceMSNewsletterEditor@discussions.microsoft.com>. On it is written: > I cannot find the page sorter and thus cannot go to different pages. > How do I get the page sorter back? Thanks, View > Status Bar is normally the first port of call -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaim...

Error on the script of this page
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C6FD1E.A3BEE240 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello, Every time I open personal folders, I get a message saying: Error on the script of this page line 298 car 1 error: non registered class code 0 =20 URL: outlook today I close it, and then every thing works OK Thank you for your help if possible Louis MOUSSY ------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C6FD1E.A3BEE240 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-...

Transfer 56 Pages of Data From Clipboard=?ISO-8859-1?B?iiA=?=To Clipboard?
You Mean there IS a Multi-Panel Clipboard in Office 2004?!? Oooppps! I Haven't seen it! Any Clues where it Might Be? You Guys are Great: Thanks for All the Help!! Sea Mac I'm Putting the Stock Phrases in the Scrapbook for Now but will chase down this Auto-Text thing. I hadn't seen it because I'm not using Office 2004 yet, so don't waste any time on my careless words. On 9/30/04 10:21 PM, "Sea Mac" wrote: > You Mean there IS a Multi-Panel Clipboard in Office 2004?!? Oooppps! I > Haven't seen it! Any Clues where it Might Be? You Guys are Gr...

How to "flip" pages in Reading Layout
At work, we use outlook professional, and documents are sent in "Reading Layout" format. Trouble is, I don't know how to flip the pages. Can you please help me? This is the message I get when I open a mult-page document in MS Word. Welcome to Reading Layout (Microsoft Office Word) This view has been designed to make it easier to read documents on your screen without needing to print them out. Reading Layout: • Lets you flip pages, like reading a book. • Uses large text with ClearType for easy reading. • Is an ideal place to review and comment on a document. • Shows only th...

Displaying XML Stream on ASP.NET Page
I am writing an application which will get stream of XML Data from a CRM application. I am able to make HTTP request and retrieve the xml stream in XML Text Reader. I want to display this data on an ASP.NET page. I have done some research and found that there is XML Web Server control in ASP.NET. However, all the examples I have seen utilize a XML document and not an XML Stream or XMLTextReader object. Can XML Web Server control also read from XML Text Reader. Also, what other options can I use to display stream of XML Data on ASP.NET Page. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Ashish wrot...

Paging Limit
Hi all, I've a little Pronlem with the Paging Limit. In Version 1.2 You can set the Max or min Value in the <CRMWeb>\Tools\personalsettings\dialogs\personalsettings.aspx file. But how can a set this in the 3.0? My Problem is some of your useres select 250. But this value is to large. The should only have 50. I can set it in the UserSettings Database, but all useres can set it again to 250. So I must lock the Values over 50 for each user. So I hope somebody know how I can change this. Thanks, Andre ...

layout guides and page set up
Hi Everyone i have layout guides that i use to for templates, but when i turn the page from portrait to landscape the layout guides don't move with the paper the just resize themselves to fit along the landscape - what is the best way to have the layout guides move when the page is changed? Thanks Heaps Patchie There is no best way, the only way is to manually reposition the guides. The guides don't actually change position, you can test this by creating guides in the center horizontal and vertically. When you change the orientation the guides are still centered. -- Mary Sau...

how do I move pages in Publisher with out having to copy/paste?
I would like to move pages in with in publisher. I try and drag page two to page 7 and it will not let me. I can copy page two, insert a page before page 7 and paste it, but I can't move any pages. Please send any responses to Robert_Hunt@balboainsurance.com. Thank you.... RHunt wrote: > I would like to move pages in with in publisher. I try and drag page > two to page 7 and it will not let me. I can copy page two, insert a > page before page 7 and paste it, but I can't move any pages. Group, copy and paste is the only way. > Please send any responses to Robert_Hunt...

Technet key does not work for Office 2010
I downloaded the retail version of Office 2010 from my Technet account and when I put the key in, it says invalid key. What's up? Thanks Because Office 2010 is RTM even at TechNet and no key will work. Or contact TechNet support to get same answer -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. http://www.microsoft.com/protect "lhill4804" <lhill4804@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:FF634F7C-C3F9-4D65-83A0-8CA7DA57E770@microsoft.com... >I downloaded the retail ...

Saving as Web page.
I have upgraded from excel 97 to excel 2003. I used to be able to publish my sheets to the web using the save as html function in 97. It would ask me for a template that I had created and then publish the page with all the web page formating. Now when I save as a web page in 2003, I end up with basically a copy of my spreadsheet as a web page. Is there anyway I can get this to save pages the way it did in 97. I would like to use excel 2003 if this can be accomplished. ...

IP Sec with DPM 2007 or DPM 2010
Hi, we are about to implement IP Sec for a group of servers which will be backed up by DPM. I wanted to find out if there are any restrictions regarding backing up IP Sec hosts vs non IP Sec hosts in the same domain. Any info will be appreciated. Thanks! There is no restrictions on IP sec policies on DPM as IP sec policies work at much lower layer than what DPM uses. But the policies should be in such a way that both DPM and Production servers should be able to communicate with each other, like network share browsing etc..(any windows applications between these two machines...