OneNote lost all my meeting notes

I opened OneNote one day and all my meeting notes were gone. Also, all the
pre-installed templates ("travel", etc.) were gone as well.

A search turned up bits and pieces sprinkled in different folders all over
my C drive. I am trying to piece hundreds of documents back together.

I thought this was supposed me make my life easier.....

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=5d568576-e71c-4218-886d-6937dad6aaab&dg=microsoft.public.onenote
onenote 551 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I'm not sure if I understand what happened.
OneNote files don't just dissapear or get moved around out of the blue. Was
there something you did prior to that that could help us understand the issue?

"Sebastian" wrote:

> I opened OneNote one day and all my meeting notes were gone. Also, all the
> pre-installed templates ("travel", etc.) were gone as well.
>
> A search turned up bits and pieces sprinkled in different folders all over
> my C drive. I am trying to piece hundreds of documents back together.
>
> I thought this was supposed me make my life easier.....
>
> ----------------
The exact same thing happened to me and I was wondering if you got your
issue resolved and how. I did run some cleaners recently like cc Cleaner and
Spybot and  my AVG anti virus has alerted me to a Trojan and one other threat
file they could not send to their quarantine vault. Don't know if that has
caused my problem with One Note- Never had this happen before and I don't
know where back up files might be or how to begin to fix this.

OneNote.....
this is probably is simple but....how do I alphabatize/order within onenote? after I have already written up my 3columned 'note'.......if I was in excel I could do it, but here I'm lost......thanks, I guess I hilite the note section but where is the command? -- cristinaladyjane That feature doesn't exist in OneNote. The recommended workaround is to copy/paste the table contents into Excel, sort as needed and then copy/paste back into OneNote. =?Utf-8?B?Y3Jpc3RpbmFsYWR5amFuZQ==?= <ladyjane@microsoft.discussions.com> wrote in news:5DD1CA28-B...

Styles in OneNote 2010
Hi again, Is it possible to sync or import styles from Word into OneNote? We have a corporate normal.dotx (or is it dotm?) which contains the corporate standard for styles and is pushed to computers each time you log onto the network. We would like to promote OneNote for colaboration in document creation (especially since I found the Send to Word option) but it would be useful to be able to use the same styles as Word, rather than try to re-create them and then manual change OneNote as the corporate standards are updated. Thanks in advance Mike No, unfortunately One...

Meetings
Whats up? When some of our users try to decline a meeting request it shuts down outlook. Any ideas? Bryan, Which version of Outlook (and platform -- Windows or Mac) are these users running? Thanks, -- Greg Mansius [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Bryan" <brmorrow@fhhlc.com> wrote in message news:0ce101c36346$69e6cda0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Whats up? > When some of our users try to decline a meeting request > it shuts down outlook. Any ideas? ...

Deleted pop3 accounts in Windowsl Live Mail 2009 and lost al email
Please somone help, when I deleted the pop3 accounts (from tools > accounts)... all the e-mail (inobox, sent items...) was gone!!! I search for *eml files in my computer and cannot find anything, how to recover those e-mails? they have to be somewhere! your help is appreciated! If you deleted the pop3 accounts your emails are likely lost unless your account was set to leave messages on the pop3 server. Does you ISP have a webmail feature where you can login and access your email via browser. If so, you can check easily. If not, your hope is to use a file recovery tool and ho...

Lost Product Key #2
Wanted to install my publisher deluxe 2002 onto my new computer. I've lost my product key. What can I do? How do I do it? Whistle Britches wrote: > Wanted to install my publisher deluxe 2002 onto my new > computer. I've lost my product key. What can I do? How do > I do it? ================================= Have a look at the following KB article: (823570) How to Obtain a New Product Key for Office Program Setup http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=823570 -- John Inzer return e-mail disabled ...

formula probles
i posted this in general forum but i think its better suited here - got a worksheet such as this: SequenceId Musician Initial YOB YOD Instrument 1 Micheal A. 1975 1999 Chello 2 Tom I. 1960 1989 Piano 3 Hans J. 1982 2000 Piano 4 Hans J. 1982 2000 Keyboard 5 Hans J. 1982 2000 Orchestra I want to be able to retrieve every information sequenceid,initia yob,yod just by matching the name - i went through various match if vlookup etc formulas but nothings working - at best i got the las matches but not all of the possibilities - for example i only get 5 j hans 1982 2000 orchestra but not all of h...

onenote add-in cannot connect to onenote
Help me please! I just reinstalled Office 2007 and I get this message when trying to send an email to OneNote from Outlook onenote add-in cannot connect to onenote. Make sure OneNote add-ins are enabled (they are) in the Add-Ins category of the OneNote application options. How can I fix this?? ...

Lost in XPath
I really believe it's possible to do what I want with a SelectNodes() XPath query, but I'm lost. Any help would be appreciated. Suppose you have an XML document (like a WordProcessingML file) that has a bunch of elements embedded in it that conform to a schema, but each schema-defined parent/child relationship can have (an arbitrary number of) intervening elements from another namespace. I'm trying to do something simple, find all "children" (considering only my namespace) of a particular node. For example suppose you have something like: <w:wordDocument xmlns:w=&...

Lost Stencils
I lost my Auto Accident Stencils that I had for years and now I notice that MS says you have to email them and request them. Well I have done that and no one has ever emailed me back. Does anyone have a copy of those stencils. I did download the crime scene ones but I need the others as well. Thank you Jim ...

How do I recover lost contacts etc after having to re-install?
I was instructed to reinstall Oulook and have now lost all my contacts calander reminders etc. Can anyone advise how I can recover these? Reinstalling never loses data. Just find your previous data file (a hidden file with a *.pst extension) and open it in Outlook. For future reference, you should always know where your data file is and back it up. Basic common sense with computers: back up your data or be willing to lose it. -- Russ Valentine "Julz" <Julz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EAEB4CCB-20B8-4385-8578-619B5900312A@microsoft.com... ...

Lost data when saving from .xlsx doc to .xls format
I have a client who was working on a .xlsx document in Microsoft Excel 2008 that contained 300,000+ rows of data. After spending hours working on it, they saved the file with the .xls extension (my suggestion) and it seems they only have 62,00o rows of data. I have made it a policy at my client's company to save all files as .xls files due to the compatibility issues they run into when sharing with the outside world. Can someone tell me if a .xlsx document that contained well over 300K rows would drop most of the rows if you saved the file as an .xls file format? Please le...

Lost OneNotes
Started using OneNote 30 days ago ... made entries over several consecutive days. Then no entries for 8 days. I then clicked on icon and a new, blank OneNote page opened. My current noteBook was not found in Doc or anywhere else - until I read here about FILE>OPEN BACKUP. Should I have done a 'SAVE AS' to keep the original notes in tact as a single note book? Am I missing something here ... as it seems I would have been just as well to have used WORD and SAVE AS, saving some 45 minutes trying to re-locate the NoteBook files??? Many thanks for another rescue!!!...

Error sending meeting request Outlook 2003....HELP
Running Outlook 2003 on Exchange 2000 server. This message could not be sent. Try sending the message again later, or contact your network administrator. The client operation failed. Error is [0x80004005-0x80004005-0x000501]. Any help is appreciated. Thanks ...

Send to and Lotus Notes
I am using Excel 2002 under Windows 2000 and LOtus NOtes as the e-mail software. Once I changed the e-mail program (under internet options-programs tab) to Lotus Notes, the "send to" submenu under Excel and Word disappear, but it remain in Powerpoint. I have forced it to appear again (customization of bars and menus) but not all the capabilities are posible. First everytime I press "mail recipient for review" excel stops me to save it as a shared file, the it works. Is there any way it can work as if I had outlook in the e-mail program? ...

Delivery Notes
hi There is it somehow posible to create delievery note from RMS where by the customer can be notifed what been delieverd and maybe a signature can be taken on the note. -- Cheers Topi ...

OneNote
Good Morning All, Am new to one note and have a problem. I was in Outlook Calendar and pressed the Meeting Notes button to send the appointment to OneNote. when I went to OneNote, I clicked the Unfiled Notes button at the bottom left and found the page entry for my meeting. I wasn't paying attention and instead of moving the page on the left to the tab in the notebook I wanted, I moved the entire Unfiled Notes Tab to the notebook. Now, whenever I send a meeting notice etc from Outlook, it goes to that notebook. Since I have many notebooks, I want the unfiled notes t...

Lost all data when I removed Microsoft Exchange Server
Hello. I fear I just deleted all my messages, all my contacts--everything! Last week I transferred my messages and address book from Outlook Express to Outlook. This had the effect of slowing down e-mail transmission considerably. Our office manager took a look and saw that the Microsoft Exchange Server was chosen as the default e-mail account. He switched the default to my pop account. This solved some problem, but e-mail transmission was still slow. A colleague who had done the same thing also deleted "Microsoft Exchange Server" completely, and that speeded up her e...

Lost 'read' messages
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop In an attempt to delete an unwanted message in my Inbox, every time I clicked on it I was presented with the whirling catherine wheel of doom and a complete hang up of Entourage. The only way round it was to send myself a test message, highlight that instead, select &quot;All&quot; and delete the lot but first I wanted to move temporarily those messages which I had read and wanted to retain. So, I highlighted and transferred these 'read' messages from my inbox to Drafts ( I n...

OneNote
Hello all My computers include a HP rugged tablet with XP pro and a Mac Powerbook.OS X.3.5. Each system uses the native version of Office. I use the MS for Mac Remote Desktop program with AirPort to use the tablet thru the Powerbook at home and it works great! For all you Mac owners out there, it provides a workable solution to using a TPC. Thanks, MS for Mac designers :) A rugged tablet is an excellent system for on the road with good battery life and durability. OneNote for Office XP offers a great filing system but the Mac cannot read the files. The Notebook in Word for Mac provides a usab...

Hyperlinks to OneNote opens Chrome not OneNote
A few days ago these same links worked. Now whenever I click them Excel opens/switches to Google Chrome (my default browser). Thanks in advance for any suggestions Vista Business, Onenote 2007, Excel 2007 ...

Exchange 2003, lost messages and tracking
AD 2000 domain, single forest, single domain, single exchange site Exchange 2003 Windows 2003 Ent I have a strange problem going on here. I’ve been receiving complaints periodically about users not receiving message with xls attachments. I sent the user and myself 3 messages from a test yahoo account with sequential subjects (1,2,3…) and a .xls attachment. I received all 3 messages and attachments to my account. The user in question only received the 2nd and 3rd message with attachments. The message tracking center shows all 3 messages being delivered with the final entry being “S...

Lost Attachments
Since switching to Windows XP I am increasingly unable to send attachments to Outlook e-mails. Any that are in the text (as opposed to appearing below a bar at the bottom of the screen) either get lost in transit or converted to an unreadable format (.dat). The attachments look and behave fine in my Sent-box. I am using Office 2000 Premium and Windows XP Home. Help please! Bill Young Change your mail format to anything other than Rich Text and/or don't use Microsoft Word as your editor. Ray at work "Bill Young" <bill.young@intergga.ch> wrote in message news:06...

The view of other mailboxes in folder view are lost
I have a citrix enviroment running Office XP with Outlook 2002. Some users open a lot of other users mailboxes in folder view. This works ok, but often they dont get all the mailboxes that they attach to. Then they have to attach them again, and it works for som time. What might be the problem? ...

Copy and Paste in Notes or Fields
In GP Version 8, we currently cannot copy and paste any field. When I have a lengthy description for several invoices or for several notes, I have to re-type each one. That would be a time saver. I mean, we've been able to cut and paste in Word and Excel for many years ... ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsrea...

Post-it note like tool for OneNote
When pasting an actual word or pdf file in OneNote for annotation, is there a way to insert someting similar to a post-it note so that the comments stand out and don't get lost in the original text? Acrobat has such a feature and I wonder if it is available either in ON 2007 or 2010. Many thanks. Hi there, You can insert "flags" in OneNote to help make them stand out. To add a note tag: - Place the pointer in the paragraph that you want to tag. - On the *Standard* toolbar, click the arrow next to the *Tags* button, and then click the note tag you wa...