OneNote and file server based shared notebooks

Hi all!

I seem to be getting a known error. When Office 2007 SP2 was applied to some
systems, the users can no longer set up a shared notebook if it is on a file
server.
After looking, the problem seems to occur only on file servers that have IIS
(WebDav specifically) running. Our server does!

I can create shared notebooks in SharePoint document libraries, and on file
servers that are not running IIS.

I found this article, but does anyone know if a patch or fix was ever
released?

http://blogs.msdn.com/david_rasmussen/archive/2008/01/16/onenote-2007-sp1-can-t-create-notebooks-on-some-servers.aspx

I appreciate any help!

onenote 551 articles. 0 followers. Follow

-------- Original-Nachricht --------

> Hi all!
>
> I seem to be getting a known error. When Office 2007 SP2 was applied to some
> systems, the users can no longer set up a shared notebook if it is on a file
> server.
> After looking, the problem seems to occur only on file servers that have IIS
> (WebDav specifically) running. Our server does!
>
> I can create shared notebooks in SharePoint document libraries, and on file
> servers that are not running IIS.
>
> I found this article, but does anyone know if a patch or fix was ever
> released?
>
> http://blogs.msdn.com/david_rasmussen/archive/2008/01/16/onenote-2007-sp1-can-t-create-notebooks-on-some-servers.aspx
>
> I appreciate any help!

I think the problm is still valid.

The corresponding KB article hasn't been changed:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/916892

Bernd
0
Bernd

.PST Files #2
I have created a .pst file in attempting to backup my critical outlook files. This seems to have wiped out all my existing outlook data, although I do have the .pst file remaining. I cannot seem to be able to load it back to restore my original outlook. How do I do this please? This is urgent. Use File > Open > Outlook Data File or Personal Folder File, what version of Outlook and would you want this pst to become the default again "David Fakes" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:076601c3d9ba$1c7993a0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I have created ...

Custom Views in Shared workbook
Does anyone know if it is possible to copy a custom view in a Shared Workbook from one spreadsheet to another? Or, is it possible to see what settings are held within a Custom View (other than selecting the custom view itself?)? Finally, it is possible to create macros/vba scripts that refernce custom views? Basically, I am looking at a spreadsheet that runs various macros. There were a number of custom views defined within the spreadsheet, that must have been created manually. These views have been deleted, and part of the macro functionality is no longer working. Hi Jo- I'm no...

OneNote.....
this is probably is simple but....how do I alphabatize/order within onenote? after I have already written up my 3columned 'note'.......if I was in excel I could do it, but here I'm lost......thanks, I guess I hilite the note section but where is the command? -- cristinaladyjane That feature doesn't exist in OneNote. The recommended workaround is to copy/paste the table contents into Excel, sort as needed and then copy/paste back into OneNote. =?Utf-8?B?Y3Jpc3RpbmFsYWR5amFuZQ==?= <ladyjane@microsoft.discussions.com> wrote in news:5DD1CA28-B...

Field-level Help Files
Has anyone implement this with their dexterity third-party applications? The Winhelp Functional Library mentions a field-level help capability but it seems that even GP does not implement this feature. I'm currently using version 8.0. Thanks. ...

Help files not appearing
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0038_01C4612C.51C00310 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have just moved over to Windows XP and the Excel help files don't = appear, when i request help. Any Idea's. JB ------=_NextPart_000_0038_01C4612C.51C00310 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Ty...

Cell reference based on calculation
In my worksheet I have a calculation (count of records). I want the macro to send by cursor / cell reference that many rows down in the spreadsheet. However, I want to do this in a blank row, so "Selection.End(xlDown).Select" doesnt work. Can someone help be simply move my cursor to that location? (Yes, I'm an amateur). Example: I have data in A2 through B50 Cell A1 = count(A2:b50)...this calculates 98. I want the cell reference to move to C98. I'm beyond ignorant, and don't know how to program that into my macro. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. When ...

File and folder permissions
Hello, I have little problem with file and folder permissions. Whatever I do or change permissions on files and folder when properties windows is closed and opened again old values commes back, even when I block heritage from "advanced" window. Is it normal that the "data" partition owner is SYSTEM? What are the best practices for partition on which shared files will be stored, no executable programs or databases. Server is running on W2K8 R2. Thanks for your answers. Mike Hi again, on other W2K8 server owners of drives are "trustedinstaller&...

Restoring backup money files
I have to restore my hard drive. When I opened MYmoney none of my data was there (oh god my checkbook is gone for the last sevreal years). I then attempted to restore the backup and somehow I did the no-no.....I somehow backup a blank money file with the same name as the existing file and apparently overwrote that file and lose the data that I think was originally backup file..Is all my original money date gone? there is two money backup files dated a few days ago attempted to use them and was told wrong path;overwrite proceted (its not) etc......HELP In microsoft.public.money, Fre...

opening an excel file opens a duplicate file of the same file
i have an excel file that when i open it it opens another duplicate file of the same name with a (2) at the end of it.. if i edit one it updates the second.. how can i tell it to not open another duplicate file? It's actually opening a second window into the single workbook. Select the window you don't want to see and hit ctrl-w. Then save the workbook (or you'll be doing it again when you reopen the workbook). skm wrote: > > i have an excel file that when i open it it opens another duplicate file of > the same name with a (2) at the end of it.. if i edit one it upd...

Office File Ownership problem between OSX and XP
We have both PC's and MAC OS X computers connected to a MC OS X 10.3 Server. Anytime one creates a document from Word, Excel or Powerpoint from a PC and saves it, the files when opened up from a MAC go into read only and none of the MAC's using Office 2001 can edit them. It shows that the file ownership is the one who created it on the PC. I'm not sure if the problem lies in the MAC server or MAC Office. The PC's have no problems with the files. Any guidance would be helpful...even if it means seeking info from another group. On 8/24/07 11:11 AM, in article 1187968294.906753....

pst file incombatibility
i have several outlook 2003 pst files which are not backward compatible with outlook 2002. I no longer have 2003. Is there any way of converting these 2003 files from unicode other than to pass them through outlook 2003? My 2003 trial version has expired and was uninstalled from my computer. Any help would be very greatly appreciated. Thanks! How does one do that. When I export from 2003, Outlook 2002 doesn't recognize the file and I am prohibited from importing it into 2002 On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 22:41:46 -0400, "Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" <suemvp@outlookcode.com> wrote...

PST File #2
Is there anyway in the PST file to have auto archiving turned off completely? Even better if I could disable it. Also the variable "ModifyDefaultProfileIfPresent=FALSE", if I change that to TRUE, will this update the default profile, rather than delete the old one and recreate it? I.E. turning cached mode on (Not all clients have the cached mode part of the PST) and turn off auto archiving (If I can do that) Thanks, Andrew Here is our current PST file: ; ************************************************************** ; Section 1 - Profile Defaults ; ************************...

Styles in OneNote 2010
Hi again, Is it possible to sync or import styles from Word into OneNote? We have a corporate normal.dotx (or is it dotm?) which contains the corporate standard for styles and is pushed to computers each time you log onto the network. We would like to promote OneNote for colaboration in document creation (especially since I found the Send to Word option) but it would be useful to be able to use the same styles as Word, rather than try to re-create them and then manual change OneNote as the corporate standards are updated. Thanks in advance Mike No, unfortunately One...

Converting Money 2005 data file to Essentials 2008
I have what I consider an installation issue with Money Essentials 2008 and am very surprised that I could not find a way to contact Microsoft direct on this. One could argue whether my issue is installation or not, but I submit that installation means "getting up and running", which includes both loading the program *and* getting old data converted to run with it. It is the latter step that does not seem to exist. I have a data file from Money 2005. I am moving to Vista, and the Vista Compatibility Center says I cannot run Money 2005 but must upgrade. So I purchased Money ...

onenote add-in cannot connect to onenote
Help me please! I just reinstalled Office 2007 and I get this message when trying to send an email to OneNote from Outlook onenote add-in cannot connect to onenote. Make sure OneNote add-ins are enabled (they are) in the Add-Ins category of the OneNote application options. How can I fix this?? ...

Open File Dialog to fileter multiple file types at once...?
Hello, Here is another quick one for you all. The solution is probably simple, but I cannot find the answer anywhere. I have the following code: CFileDialog OpenDlg(TRUE, NULL, NULL, OFN_ALLOWMULTISELECT | OFN_HIDEREADONLY, ""); // Later must set this to retrieve a value from the registry OpenDlg.m_ofn.lpstrInitialDir = "c:\\"; OpenDlg.m_ofn.lpstrFilter = "txt Files\0*.txt\0Doc Files\0*.doc\0"; OpenDlg.DoModal(); I am trying to get the box to filter out everything but the *.doc and the *.txt files ... I have seen some boxes that have something that...

Credit Card on file
We are using GP 9.0 and in SOP we are entering the credit card payments for each invoice. I was curious to see if there was any way to keep a credit card on file for all of our customers. I know you can enter one on the customer card but what if they have a separate Visa, MC or AMEX that they use randomly. Any input on this or direction would be appreciated. I would think it would be a useful tool to have in GP or is it a 3rd party product. Thanks ...

share workbook
I have a workbook that is shared and used by many staff. Is there a way to restrict who can share and unshare this workbook.. we have staff who take it upon themselves to unshare from time to time ! G wrote: > I have a workbook that is shared and used by many staff. > Is there a way to restrict who can share and unshare this workbook.. we have > staff who take it upon themselves to unshare from time to time ! In Excel 2000, if you protect the workbook it cannot be unshared without unprotecting first. Thanks Andy, Unfortunatly I am using Exel 2003 on Win XP "Andy" wro...

SMTP Virtual server queues growing after SP3 install
Installing SP3 has seemed to cause new problems with our Exchange server. I installed SP3 as well as the August SP3 rollup hoping to solve the problem we were having with OWA (see the seperate thread "OWA Service Unavailable..." thread). Now for some reason, queued messages are building up like crazy, about 10 times the normal rate just a few days ago. I have tried freezing as many connections as possible, but I can`t babysit the server like this. We are able to send and receive email in and out of the office without a problem. We are using SAV for gateways, and have it set not to re...

associate files with activex
hi (a bit offtopic) but i search a way how to associate filetypes with an activex control that launches automatically with internet explorer. if anybody has an idea... thanks in advance thomas ...

DPM 2010 Beta1
Is the backup option of encrypted files already implemented? All the backuped folders are empty; in DPM2007SP1 this works fine. Regards! Raffael Raffael, Can you please check if the encrypted files are sparse or reparse or case sensitive? These are unsupported file types. http://blogs.technet.com/askcore/archive/2008/05/29/data-protection-manager-what-is-a-consistency-check-and-what-could-cause-it-to-fail.aspx Thanks, GeethaKrishna [MSFT] ** As is provided without warranties and confers no rights ** "Raffael Kozerski" wrote: > Is the backup option o...

my outlook 2007 is placing .bak files in recycle bin--whats this?
Are these backup files or do I have settings that are allowing outlook to auto delete after a certain amount of time...I do not understand what is happening--Ihave files in recycle bin, but I can go into outlook and the files are not deleted--at least not completely...the dates on the deleted files are not same as exidting files...for instance, 'file A' in recycle bin will have a date like 12/16/2008--and be a pretty large file--too big to be a single contact bus card or a single email--large enough to be a complete file of the contact...but when i go into outlook 2007 it appear...

File System Error 2 during IO on log file .. MS exchange 5.5
I am getting following message intermittently. MSexchangeIS (277) File system error 2 during IO on log file. Event id 163 MSexchangeIS (277) Unable to write log Error -510 Event id 120 MSexchangeIS (277) Unable to write log header 510 Event id 121 An error occured while writing to the database log file. Attempting to sop the Microsoft exchange Information store Event id 1111 Unable to create log . The drive may be read-only, out of disk space, misconfigured or corrutpted. Error 510 ---> Because of the Exchange is not operative, i have to restart services. --> The same problem ...

Multiple sheet .xls file to .mdb file
Hi! I have a multiple worksheet .xls file which also contains various formulas and sheet links. What I want to do is to create a web user interface to allow a user to add data to the spreadsheet. However, I think that an Excel spreadsheet may only be opened as a database but in read only form through a web page. So, I tried to import the .xls file form MSAccess instead. However, the problem is that only one sheet at a time can be imported to MSAccess and all formulas seem to be lost. Is there a process of keeping the links and all while importing the .xls to .mdb? What I finally want to achi...

Need Help: File Size Number displayed inside ALL Static Controls after reading Textfile to CString Member...
Hi, at first i wondered where the strange numbers came from when i opened my dialogs with Text Controls but then i found out, that these numbers are only there AFTER loading a textfile into my selfmade editor. After closing (but not always after closing, even rigth after reading the file) the file and closing my editor i do open a dialog of my application, does not matter which one, i see some strage numbers inside my text/static controls. The interesting thing is that if i have 5 Static Controls every control displays the same number, e.g. 3478 or something like that. What is that? Ha, now ...