OneNote 2010 Links Stopped Working

I have been using OneNote 2010 Beta for some time now and am really impressed
with its capabilities. I have created many links within OneNote to other
pages, section, paragraphs etc as well as links to these sextions from other
applications, namely desktop shortcuts and note files in several bible study
applications I use. All has been working great. I can be in an external program
and click on a link that takes me to the appropriate note/location within
OneNote. Same with desktop shortcuts.

However, today the desktop shortcuts wouldn't wotk. Told me that the file
could not be found even though I can oprn OneNote and the file is present.
This happens with all the shortcuts to OneNote. I deleted the shortcuts and
in OneNote I went to the desired location and  did a "copy a shortcut to
tis location" and tried to create a shortcut on the desktop as I normally
would, I once again get  an error telling me that the file cannot be found.

I then repeated the procedure again, but instead of trying to link to a location
in OneNote from outside, I pasted the link into a OneNote page. Clicking
on it took me where I expected.

Next, I pasted the link into Word 2010 and then clicked to it and it launched
Internet Explorer and then tells me that the location cannot ne found.

To make a long story short, I can create links and jump to wereever I want
within OneNote but if those links are pasted into any external application
(which had been working) they fail, telling me the file cannot be found.

Any ideas what has ahppened?

Michael

0
Rev
4/19/2010 6:18:09 PM
onenote 551 articles. 0 followers. Follow

-------- Original-Nachricht --------

> I have been using OneNote 2010 Beta for some time now and am really
> impressed with its capabilities. I have created many links within
> OneNote to other pages, section, paragraphs etc as well as links to
> these sextions from other applications, namely desktop shortcuts and
> note files in several bible study applications I use. All has been
> working great. I can be in an external program and click on a link that
> takes me to the appropriate note/location within OneNote. Same with
> desktop shortcuts.
>
> However, today the desktop shortcuts wouldn't wotk. Told me that the
> file could not be found even though I can oprn OneNote and the file is
> present. This happens with all the shortcuts to OneNote. I deleted the
> shortcuts and in OneNote I went to the desired location and  did a "copy
> a shortcut to tis location" and tried to create a shortcut on the
> desktop as I normally would, I once again get  an error telling me that
> the file cannot be found.
>
> I then repeated the procedure again, but instead of trying to link to a
> location in OneNote from outside, I pasted the link into a OneNote page.
> Clicking on it took me where I expected.
> Next, I pasted the link into Word 2010 and then clicked to it and it
> launched Internet Explorer and then tells me that the location cannot ne
> found.
>
> To make a long story short, I can create links and jump to wereever I
> want within OneNote but if those links are pasted into any external
> application (which had been working) they fail, telling me the file
> cannot be found.
>
> Any ideas what has ahppened?
>
> Michael

Could it be that you are actually working only with the ON cache ?
That means "disconnected from the original notebook on a file share" ?

Bernd
0
Bernd

Work around for MS Outlook Mailto bug?
Some users get an error message on a web site I have developed. They only get this if they use MS Outlook or MA Outlook Express as their mail client (and even then only in specific circumstances). They get a message as follows: "Could not perform the operation because the default mail client is not installed properly". Their mail client is installed fine - this is a known bug apparently, see: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;182985 I am using the Mailto command to generate an email to lots of members of a club. As a result there are lots of email addresse...

OneNote.....
this is probably is simple but....how do I alphabatize/order within onenote? after I have already written up my 3columned 'note'.......if I was in excel I could do it, but here I'm lost......thanks, I guess I hilite the note section but where is the command? -- cristinaladyjane That feature doesn't exist in OneNote. The recommended workaround is to copy/paste the table contents into Excel, sort as needed and then copy/paste back into OneNote. =?Utf-8?B?Y3Jpc3RpbmFsYWR5amFuZQ==?= <ladyjane@microsoft.discussions.com> wrote in news:5DD1CA28-B...

Staticly link with MSVCR71.dll ?
Hi: I'm using VC 7.1 on Windows XP. Is there a way to statically link the msvcr71.dll with my own dll so that I do not have to distribute msvcr71.dll to the user separately? Thanks Polaris I tried that once. I copied the msvcrt.lib from VC++ 6 to msvcrt6.lib, then in the project settings of VC 7.1, ignore default libs and added msvcrt6.lib instead of msvcrt.lib. It seems to work, but it may cause problems for certain type of apps. If you use the managed stuff, I wouldn't use the msvcrt6.lib. Your will link to msvcrt.dll. You cannot statically link the msvcr71.dll, but you ca...

Outlook XP stops responding when you send a new message
I have a problem with Outlook XP. The account within Outlook is configured for IMAP and we host our own mail by way of a Cobalt Qube 3 mail server. Recently I had to reformat and reinstall to resolve the issue with Outlook not responding on another machine. I now have a 2nd machine that has developed this same problem. When the user creates a new mail message and clicks the send button Outlook freezes. All the obvious things have been eliminated (settings, virus', etc.). Can anyone provide some insight on this problem? This is the 2nd machine within 2 weeks to develop this probl...

How do I stop auto converting Text(Inventory#) to Dates
I there a way to Stop Excel from auto converting Text (Inventory Part Numbers) to Dates. I can't find an Option to turn this off for this project. If a cell is formatted as General and you put something into it that looks like a date, Excel will try to "help" you by converting it into a date. Solution: Format the cell(s) as Text prior to entering data into them and Excel will leave them alone. Good Luck -- Gary's Student "DavidB" wrote: > I there a way to Stop Excel from auto converting Text (Inventory Part > Numbers) to Dates. > > I can&#...

outlook is default but express opens links
Hi, I have outlook 2003 it is set as my default mail, it works fine except for when I'm on a site that has a hyperlink to an email address. When I click the link Outlook express opens instead of Outlook. How can I fix this problem....I've look in tools in both outlook and outlook express and it all seems to be correct. WHat am I doing wrong. Thanks for your help! What operating system are your running? Open My Computer Select Tools | Folder Options | File Types Scroll through the list and select the entry for URL:MailTo Protocol Select Advanced | Edit The data in the...

Excel 2010 05-14-10
Hi I have excel 2003 Professional. THis summer we are getting Microsoft 2010 and I am concerned regarding all the add in and macros and reports I have created. Will I be able to transfer all my macros, add ins and files to excel 2010. thanks I found with 2007 and 2003 that I finished up with 2 "Personal" files which made life confusing when I wanted to Unhide the one that applied to the Excel version I was using. I needed to keep both versions because I had contacts who had one or the other version. I also found that 2003 no longer opened a blank file au...

Phone call linked to case and contact doesnt show phone number
Hi, Creating phone call activities in v3 linked to cases which are linked to contacts. The phone call activity doesn't pull through the phone number - kind of irritating. Can anyone tell me if this is standard - or perhaps whether the number should appear ? Regards Pete. Does anyone have a solution on this? We would like the same functionality as well and it does not look like you can do a direct mapping from the Phone Call to Contact. "PeteC" wrote: > Hi, > > Creating phone call activities in v3 linked to cases which are linked to > contacts. The phone ...

Office 2011 Excel Beta 3+ cell right-click context menu won't work
I've been running the beta versions of Mac Office 2011. Up until Beta 3, I could right-click in an Excel cell and get the context menu as expected. Now, starting with Beta 3 and into Beta 4, I have lost that functionality. Has anyone experienced this? I can't find a preference/setting that would bring this feature back. This is very frustrating and I can't figure out what may have changed to cause this. On 7/14/10 10:17 AM, in article 8980e35e-864d-491e-a5d9-d11a494da5aa@u4g2000prn.googlegroups.com, "Michael Barry" <4mjbarry@gmail.com> wrote: > I've be...

Most finctions not working. Only Open and Close
My office program is not working Exel, Word, Powerpoint, etc... the fucntions are not working e.g. 1. I can't type 2. Can't change 3. Can't save "AL" <AL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B2967F89-BD61-49F0-A281-F0B1FCFE3EA9@microsoft.com... > My office program is not working Exel, Word, Powerpoint, etc... the > fucntions are not working e.g. > > 1. I can't type > 2. Can't change > 3. Can't save Is this a trial version? If not, is it activated? -- "Don't pick a fight with an old man....

Links cause Lockup
Clicking on links in email message cause lockups of Outlook 2003, Win XP Pro. I've switched default browser from IE6 to FireFox and back to IE6. I'm considering switching to another email program. Any suggestions? ...

How to link an excel macro from my web page?
I have a macro that does small calcs. Imported same to my web. When I run it in interactive mode it minimizes at each step - will not stay up on screen. I have the frame set to new window. - It should open in new window through out the duration of use. ...

Out OF OFFICE doesn't work
Hello, I've got a pb with a mailbox . We're using Exchange Server 2000 and Outlook XP as client. On this mailbox, when I try to set up the Out Of Office assistant, nothing appends. In fact, I can activate this option, I can write the text, but when a mail comes in, there is no auto-reply. That's quite strange. Could someone help ? Thanks Does this happen with all incoming messages, or just those from people who are not on your Exchange network? Do you have any other rules set up that might be interfering with the OOA rule? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies s...

Multiple Sales Transaction for Same Work Order
I am in the process of trying to create a store level report by department, catagory, and item of the moneys received in total by both deposit on work orders and on direct sales that are not work orders. We require a 100% deposit (of a single tender type) on work orders. I then need to break this deposit down by department, catagory and item. Then I must add that to the same break down for direct sales. Thereby getting a total of all moneys received during a specified period for the store across all registers. So basically I am trying to figure out the data structure and org...

Styles in OneNote 2010
Hi again, Is it possible to sync or import styles from Word into OneNote? We have a corporate normal.dotx (or is it dotm?) which contains the corporate standard for styles and is pushed to computers each time you log onto the network. We would like to promote OneNote for colaboration in document creation (especially since I found the Send to Word option) but it would be useful to be able to use the same styles as Word, rather than try to re-create them and then manual change OneNote as the corporate standards are updated. Thanks in advance Mike No, unfortunately One...

How do i stop functions?
i am using an excel sheet and there are numerals in a column. But they are not to be added together at the bottom of the column. Unfortunately i'm getting ##### in the place where I want to put a number. the number i put there immediately turns into the symbols . I've tried everything but cannot stop that addition function or what ever function it is. Please help! Have you tried widening the column -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. ...

send/receive suddenly stopped working
The subject line says it all, neither F9 nor clicking "send/receive" discretely will initiate a mail send/receive cycle. Tried moving all PST files so I don't think file size is an issue, if it would be normally. There are no error messages apparent. Any ideas? Is there somewhere specific to look for error message for further investigation? Thanks for any suggestions, Michael I should note that this is Outlook 2006 A number of reinstalls made the problem dissappear for some reason, please disregard, and thanks. and I will note that it is not Outlook 2006 as there is no su...

Hot links in e-mail
Something has been changed in you XP SP2 PC that prevents links in Outlook 2002 and IE6 from opening the associated URL. This has happened before but I have no idea how to fix the problem. I get an error "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact you system administrator" I am using a single user PC with no sign on required. Can anyone tell me what setting this is or could be. Thank you See: Knowledge base article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=3Dhttp://support.microsoft= ..com:80/support/kb/articles/...

2003 SPAM filters not working!!!
I have installed Outlook 2003 at home and at work. I use exchange at both places. At work, Outlook is doing an AWESOME job filtering out SPAM. I have the filter set to 'high' and it gets everything! At home, it gets nothing! I have the same filter settings and EVERYTHING gets through! what's up? I instaled them the same way! As a matter of fact, I am using the same 'free trail' CD for both!! HELP! Andrew ps - To make matters worse, I made the mistake of using my real email in a Microsoft Newsgroup! D'Oh! Now I have gotten over 300 of those "MS Update"...

Inserting photos as a link
Hi, I am new to Excel and trying to insert photos as a link in the spreadsheet - so when I select it, they pop up in a new window. I've used the hyperlink insert, but the link keeps referring to a local image address - as in localuser/host/sam/etc. So, I can't share the document with other workers on different computers. I am using a Mac - please help, we are working on Katrina relief efforts and have hit this minor technical wall. Thanks! You might want to condsider inserting the Images in to Comment Boxes of cells which contain the names of the images...... which will pop-up ...

how do i work with column header in visio 2003? is this a table?
column header in visio 2004 is a table or just a blank page? ...

DPM 2010 Beta1
Is the backup option of encrypted files already implemented? All the backuped folders are empty; in DPM2007SP1 this works fine. Regards! Raffael Raffael, Can you please check if the encrypted files are sparse or reparse or case sensitive? These are unsupported file types. http://blogs.technet.com/askcore/archive/2008/05/29/data-protection-manager-what-is-a-consistency-check-and-what-could-cause-it-to-fail.aspx Thanks, GeethaKrishna [MSFT] ** As is provided without warranties and confers no rights ** "Raffael Kozerski" wrote: > Is the backup option o...

Table link documentation

linking cell formats to other worksheets
I have a workbook that is composed of 7 worksheets. The First worksheet is the "Master Document". It contains informaton on several departments. The other work sheets contain information on specific departments located on the first worksheet. I have linked the data on each of the work sheets to the Master Document so I only have to place the updated data on the Master Document (1st worksheet)and it is displayed on the corresponding worksheet. In addtion to numerical data the cell patterns (back gound) changes color depending on the value in the cell. Red, Yellow or Green ...

Office Groove or Groove 2010
Hi there - I am researching Office Groove as a collaboration tool, but need to better understand exactly what it is or does. I have several questions that I'm not quite sure where to start; there is quite a bit of information on using Groove. Anyway, it sounds like Groove comes or will come in the Office suite. In order to collaborate with others, am I missing anything about needing a Groove Server or some type of middle ware application? This sounds like a Sharepoint application, as in 2010 Groove is getting a new name, and since I know little to nothing about Sharepoi...