OneNote 2010 for Electronic Laboratory Notebook

I'd like to use it in this capacity, but questions:

- Important that a day's journal can not be later edited (legal patent
issue), how to support this?
- Does this version support encryption?
- Can Integration with Sharepoint 2010 be used whereby a day's journal is
posted but can not be changed or at least flagged as changed?

Thx.

onenote 551 articles. 0 followers. Follow

For 1 & 3 - print your daily journal as a PDF file.  OneNote 2010 supports
that natively.
For 2 - not exactly, no.  But you could create an encrypted volume with
something like TrueCrypt and store your OneNote notebooks in there.

--
-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, MVP
Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007:
http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon

"dennish" <dennish@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'd like to use it in this capacity, but questions:
>
> - Important that a day's journal can not be later edited (legal patent
> issue), how to support this?
> - Does this version support encryption?
> - Can Integration with Sharepoint 2010 be used whereby a day's journal is
> posted but can not be changed or at least flagged as changed?
>
> Thx.

0
Ben

OneNote.....
this is probably is simple but....how do I alphabatize/order within onenote? after I have already written up my 3columned 'note'.......if I was in excel I could do it, but here I'm lost......thanks, I guess I hilite the note section but where is the command? -- cristinaladyjane That feature doesn't exist in OneNote. The recommended workaround is to copy/paste the table contents into Excel, sort as needed and then copy/paste back into OneNote. =?Utf-8?B?Y3Jpc3RpbmFsYWR5amFuZQ==?= <ladyjane@microsoft.discussions.com> wrote in news:5DD1CA28-B...

Excel 2010 05-14-10
Hi I have excel 2003 Professional. THis summer we are getting Microsoft 2010 and I am concerned regarding all the add in and macros and reports I have created. Will I be able to transfer all my macros, add ins and files to excel 2010. thanks I found with 2007 and 2003 that I finished up with 2 "Personal" files which made life confusing when I wanted to Unhide the one that applied to the Excel version I was using. I needed to keep both versions because I had contacts who had one or the other version. I also found that 2003 no longer opened a blank file au...

Styles in OneNote 2010
Hi again, Is it possible to sync or import styles from Word into OneNote? We have a corporate normal.dotx (or is it dotm?) which contains the corporate standard for styles and is pushed to computers each time you log onto the network. We would like to promote OneNote for colaboration in document creation (especially since I found the Send to Word option) but it would be useful to be able to use the same styles as Word, rather than try to re-create them and then manual change OneNote as the corporate standards are updated. Thanks in advance Mike No, unfortunately One...

DPM 2010 Beta1
Is the backup option of encrypted files already implemented? All the backuped folders are empty; in DPM2007SP1 this works fine. Regards! Raffael Raffael, Can you please check if the encrypted files are sparse or reparse or case sensitive? These are unsupported file types. http://blogs.technet.com/askcore/archive/2008/05/29/data-protection-manager-what-is-a-consistency-check-and-what-could-cause-it-to-fail.aspx Thanks, GeethaKrishna [MSFT] ** As is provided without warranties and confers no rights ** "Raffael Kozerski" wrote: > Is the backup option o...

Office Groove or Groove 2010
Hi there - I am researching Office Groove as a collaboration tool, but need to better understand exactly what it is or does. I have several questions that I'm not quite sure where to start; there is quite a bit of information on using Groove. Anyway, it sounds like Groove comes or will come in the Office suite. In order to collaborate with others, am I missing anything about needing a Groove Server or some type of middle ware application? This sounds like a Sharepoint application, as in 2010 Groove is getting a new name, and since I know little to nothing about Sharepoi...

onenote add-in cannot connect to onenote
Help me please! I just reinstalled Office 2007 and I get this message when trying to send an email to OneNote from Outlook onenote add-in cannot connect to onenote. Make sure OneNote add-ins are enabled (they are) in the Add-Ins category of the OneNote application options. How can I fix this?? ...

Exchange 2010 Site Resilience
Hi Folks I've read all the whitepapers but it still isn't clear. Here is what I thought was a simple question, but I dont seem to be able to find a clear answer: Say we have a single DAG with members split across 2 physical sites, lets say 2 members in the primary DC and 1 member in the secondary DC. The FSW is configured to reside in the primary DC (Highest number of users) DAC mode is enabled All DAG members will contain active databases as there will be a couple of hundred users locally based at the second DC. The second DC is not a pure DR site. When the WAN g...

Electronically filing 1099's
I have a client using Great Plains v8 who has a large number of 1099's. Can anyone tell me of a 3rd party solution for Great Plains which assists in electronically filing 1099's? Thanks There is a program that we use with our clients called Greenshades. You can Efile or create mag media for several forms. www.greenshades.com is the sight. "tscott" wrote: > I have a client using Great Plains v8 who has a large number of 1099's. Can > anyone tell me of a 3rd party solution for Great Plains which assists in > electronically filing 1099's? > >...

Will 32 bit compiled Add-In run in 64 bit excel 2010?
Our small company uses a very expensive compiled Excel Add-In to evaluate convertible securities. The vendor of the add-in has stopped supporting it, so there will never be a 64-bit version. I am interested in migrating quickly to Windows 7 64-bit and Office 2010 64-bit. What is the chance that the 32-bit compiled add-in will work / work well in this situation? -- CroceJC It depends - If the code includes APIs it probably won't work (most APIs will need adapting) If the code contains any non built in ActiveX controls it won't work (so it won't work if it&#...

Lost OneNotes
Started using OneNote 30 days ago ... made entries over several consecutive days. Then no entries for 8 days. I then clicked on icon and a new, blank OneNote page opened. My current noteBook was not found in Doc or anywhere else - until I read here about FILE>OPEN BACKUP. Should I have done a 'SAVE AS' to keep the original notes in tact as a single note book? Am I missing something here ... as it seems I would have been just as well to have used WORD and SAVE AS, saving some 45 minutes trying to re-locate the NoteBook files??? Many thanks for another rescue!!!...

International Leadership & Marketing
Funding Rule for a World Famous Team We are seeking for find sustainability in awareness to donations and sponsoring for leading our team to a advertisement paid professional division in elite sports to the achievement of higher scored goals for a coming 2010. We have also, this time find for to search advise for how entities, divisions and other teambuilding have made for their structure to money funding such as how the Security or =91Company=92 provide money funding for their suitability to specific operations at a specific time. As well as our activity so is to the most that there are yi...

DPM 2010, Server 2008, Hyper-V, Error 31313
I run a Windows Server 2008 with runs Hyper-V Role and DPM 2010 RC Server. If I add a local Hyper-V to a protection group, I get an error to install kb948465 (SP2) and kb971394. SP2 was already installed, so I installed kb971394. After server reebot I am still not able to add local hyper-v guest to protection group. I have read some posts about this error, but mostly them occured in cluster environments I dont have. Any hints? Thank you... Hi, Please install the RTM bits of DPM 2010 which contain a fix for the scenario when protecting local hyper-v guests. Thanks, -...

OneNote
Hello all My computers include a HP rugged tablet with XP pro and a Mac Powerbook.OS X.3.5. Each system uses the native version of Office. I use the MS for Mac Remote Desktop program with AirPort to use the tablet thru the Powerbook at home and it works great! For all you Mac owners out there, it provides a workable solution to using a TPC. Thanks, MS for Mac designers :) A rugged tablet is an excellent system for on the road with good battery life and durability. OneNote for Office XP offers a great filing system but the Mac cannot read the files. The Notebook in Word for Mac provides a usab...

Outlook 2010 Beta
When you create a new Appointment in "Calendar" the font colour is "white" so the appointment cannot be seen. Is there a way to change the basic font? -- Jabbamax When you installed the beta, they provided a link to the beta forum. Try posting there. Office 2010 forum: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/office2010 -- Susan Ramlet -- please reply to the newsgroup so all may benefit. "Jabbamax" <Jabbamax@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8FAA2EF5-475D-43BE-B9B9-1437946677AC@microsoft.com... > When...

OneNote
Good Morning All, Am new to one note and have a problem. I was in Outlook Calendar and pressed the Meeting Notes button to send the appointment to OneNote. when I went to OneNote, I clicked the Unfiled Notes button at the bottom left and found the page entry for my meeting. I wasn't paying attention and instead of moving the page on the left to the tab in the notebook I wanted, I moved the entire Unfiled Notes Tab to the notebook. Now, whenever I send a meeting notice etc from Outlook, it goes to that notebook. Since I have many notebooks, I want the unfiled notes t...

Word 2010
Hi, (posting this here as well as in the 2010 beta forum - I know from experience that it is here I get the answers :-)) Are there any new possibilities to structure your templates in the File New dialog? The need is obvious when you have several hundreds of differnet templates. One good solution would be that an underlying folder structure shows in the dialog. (Like the first level in the old fileNew dialog) Another question is that even though you under Options, Advanced, File Locations set a location for "Workgroup Templates", the templates are not shown...

Office 2010 to ship in June
Wonder if this is Office for Windows, Office for Mac or Office for both and if it will contain the new Outlook that is to replace the Mac Entourage. 2010 will be an interesting year for Office users <http://www.betanews.com/article/Confirmed-Office-2010-to-ship-in-June/12 59616600> That's the Windows version... The Mac version (which won't be called "2010") isn't slated for release until the end of 2010. Regards |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 12/1/09 5:15 PM, in article arkay-30EF5D.16152201122009@news.eternal-september.org, "aRK...

Some more DPM 2010 client questions
If a client laptop is in the middle of backing up a large set of data (50GB) and goes offline or the user shuts down or gets disconnected somehow, how does it resume? Will is start again from the beginning or pickup where it left off. Is there a way to offset the clients sync/recovery point time. If you were put 100 clients in one protection group you wouldn’t want them all to hit the server at the same time for backups. It will continue form where it had left for partially backed-up files. There is no way to offset the sync jobs but one can specify at what frequ...

Business Portal Electronic Requisitioning "Change Approver"
I have selected "Change Approver" on the "Manage Users" page on Electronic Requisitions but I cannot change approver when doing a requisition on "Show More Options". It defaults to the person next on the hierachy. How can I sort this out? I have read the Requisition Management and User's Guides and have not found anything new except that the option "Change Approver" on Manage Users have to be ticked. In order for the user to be able to change apporvers they have to be in the tree in multiple paths. Example Paul Bill (Default) Susan ...

Post-it note like tool for OneNote
When pasting an actual word or pdf file in OneNote for annotation, is there a way to insert someting similar to a post-it note so that the comments stand out and don't get lost in the original text? Acrobat has such a feature and I wonder if it is available either in ON 2007 or 2010. Many thanks. Hi there, You can insert "flags" in OneNote to help make them stand out. To add a note tag: - Place the pointer in the paragraph that you want to tag. - On the *Standard* toolbar, click the arrow next to the *Tags* button, and then click the note tag you wa...

Hyperlinks to OneNote opens Chrome not OneNote
A few days ago these same links worked. Now whenever I click them Excel opens/switches to Google Chrome (my default browser). Thanks in advance for any suggestions Vista Business, Onenote 2007, Excel 2007 ...

adding my school MS exchange account to Outlook 2010
Okay, my school has set up a Student email account for me. According to the info page to access it I am supposed to access it thru MS Exchange Lab. Is there a way to add that account to Outlook 2010 or must I access it only via online. It's only a pain because I already have a regular windows live login so I'm always having to log out of one to log into the other. It would be nice if there was a way I could access, download and keep my school account/folders/emails seperate from my regular account, using Outlook. Thanks in advance for any help in this JLMJR JLMJR wr...

Outlook 2010
Hi, Work has recently upgraded me from Outlook 2003 to 2010 (to my chagrin). I make great use of the coloured categories (red, yellow, purple, etc.). In 2003, a coloured e-mail would have a large coloured flag on the right in the inbox. Now there's only a very small coloured rectangle. They are easy to miss. Is there a simple way I can make the colours more visible, like in 2003 -- even perhaps changing the entire background colour of the message, if I must? I looked at conditional formatting but I don't really understand it. Eq. Conditional formatting is the only way to ...

Missing Send to OneNote
For some time now, I have been able to right-click on an email in Outlook ans send the email to OneNote. Also have dine the same with IE8. I just installed the 2010 Beta version of MSOffice. I no longer have send to OneNote on my right-click menu. How can I get it back? Thanks, Michael Rev. Michael L. Burns wrote: > For some time now, I have been able to right-click on an email in > Outlook ans send the email to OneNote. Also have dine the same > with IE8. I just installed the 2010 Beta version of MSOffice. > I no longer have send to OneNote on my right-clic...

onenote 2007 problem
hi from brazil. i have a hard problem with onenote. i can start and use it, but when i close the program the process continues endless, days and days on. it was working correctly, but two week ago the error started. i've tried google it, but it was useless. tried to wait days with the notebook turned on and the process running... useless too. tried to delete the onenote cache... didn't work too. tried to unistall and install again... the problem remains. besides the endless process, that i can finish from process manager ( but it once i use onenote and close, it comes b...