onenote 2007 problem - high cpu usage and endless onenote.exe proc

hi from brazil. i have a hard problem with onenote. i can start and use
it, but when i close the program the process continues endless, days and
days on. it was working correctly, but two week ago the error started.
i've tried google it, but it was useless. tried to wait days with the
notebook turned on and the process running... useless too. tried to
delete the onenote cache... didn't work too. tried to unistall and
install again... the problem remains.
besides the endless process, that i can finish from process manager (
but it once i use onenote and close, it comes back fiercely and never
stops), the program itself became unstable. if i try to backup my
notebooks it crashes. same thing with printing, opening other notebooks,
cache optimizing...
some data:
onenote.exe uses 50%~90% CPU power (normaly it uses only 20%~30%)
i use a hp tx2627 - atlhon 2.1 - 3g ram...
sorry the bad english....  hope someone solves this mistery problem!
onenote 551 articles. 0 followers. Follow

error information - in portuguese-br
Descrição:
  Um problema fez com que esse programa parasse de interagir com o Windows.

Assinatura do problema:
  Nome do Evento de Problema:	AppHangB1
  Nome do aplicativo:	ONENOTE.EXE
  Versão do Aplicativo:	12.0.6415.1000
  Carimbo de Data/Hora do Aplicativo:	492b2527
  Assinatura com Falha:	7040
  Tipo com Falha:	0
  Versão do sistema operacional:	6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.4
  Identificação da Localidade:	1046
  Assinatura Adicional com Falha 1:	704025bb0fd0e268b9b46ace65a81c0a
  Assinatura Adicional com Falha 2:	cb16
  Assinatura Adicional com Falha 3:	cb16325b1a9b98a01d1371a1f9333e2f
  Assinatura Adicional com Falha 4:	7040
  Assinatura Adicional com Falha 5:	704025bb0fd0e268b9b46ace65a81c0a
  Assinatura Adicional com Falha 6:	cb16
  Assinatura Adicional com Falha 7:	cb16325b1a9b98a01d1371a1f9333e2f

"tucacabecao" wrote:

> hi from brazil. i have a hard problem with onenote. i can start and use
> it, but when i close the program the process continues endless, days and
> days on. it was working correctly, but two week ago the error started.
> i've tried google it, but it was useless. tried to wait days with the
> notebook turned on and the process running... useless too. tried to
> delete the onenote cache... didn't work too. tried to unistall and
> install again... the problem remains.
> besides the endless process, that i can finish from process manager (
> but it once i use onenote and close, it comes back fiercely and never
> stops), the program itself became unstable. if i try to backup my
> notebooks it crashes. same thing with printing, opening other notebooks,
> cache optimizing...
> some data:
> onenote.exe uses 50%~90% CPU power (normaly it uses only 20%~30%)
> i use a hp tx2627 - atlhon 2.1 - 3g ram...
> sorry the bad english....  hope someone solves this mistery problem!
I don't know what the options would be called in Portugese or the layout of
the options screen, but can you turn off the options under Tools | Options
for Audio search, recognition in pictures, and Optimizing Files?  Those are
various tasks that run when the computer is idle.

=?Utf-8?B?dHVjYWNhYmVjYW8=?= <tucacabecao@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in news:323AA60A-DF63-4F41-A6DD-0BA9C9D500F9@microsoft.com:

> hi from brazil. i have a hard problem with onenote. i can start and use
> it, but when i close the program the process continues endless, days and
> days on. it was working correctly, but two week ago the error started.
> i've tried google it, but it was useless. tried to wait days with the
> notebook turned on and the process running... useless too. tried to
> delete the onenote cache... didn't work too. tried to unistall and
> install again... the problem remains.
> besides the endless process, that i can finish from process manager (
> but it once i use onenote and close, it comes back fiercely and never
> stops), the program itself became unstable. if i try to backup my
> notebooks it crashes. same thing with printing, opening other notebooks,
> cache optimizing...
> some data:
> onenote.exe uses 50%~90% CPU power (normaly it uses only 20%~30%)
> i use a hp tx2627 - atlhon 2.1 - 3g ram...
> sorry the bad english....  hope someone solves this mistery problem!

0
Erik

I read the conversation about not all fonts available in Publisher at this site, but it did not help. My document is not a Web publication, it is a Print Publication. I have gone to Control Panel, Appearance and Themes, Fonts and all the true type fonts are there. But when in Publisher and the menu for fonts, none of the true types are available. I am able to use the true type fonts in other software, so the printer is not a problem. How do I use true type fonts in Publisher 2007? Sandy M EggHeadCafe - .NET Developer Portal of Choice http://www.eggheadcafe.com Do you have a default p...

CL.EXE error !
Hi, I am buidling a MFC dialog project using CL.EXE command line. Now when I start building , some errors are generetaed regarding *dvp711.dll something. When I run vcvars32.bat , everything works fine and I get the output. Now, I am going to make a DOS batch file for runnning this build procedure. DO I need to call vcvars32.bat everytime I use CL.EXE. Why do I need vcvars32.bat for this ? Can I copy and paste vcvars32.bat commands into my batch file Help Dwaach vsvars32.bat sets some environment variables used by the command line compiler. Why would you want to copy/paste its contents ...

Excel 2007
I have an issue with repointing links in Excel 2007: When I change the link source to repoint to a different file, Excel is asking for the source file pasword to be entered for each cell in the file I am linking from. This is causing major time issues in our month-end reporting: I have a management accounts file which is linked to a large number of other pasword protected Excel files, which are updated by numerous individuals. The files are saved in a secure directory on our company server, each month the files are copied into a sub-directory for the current month and rename...

Can Outlook 2007 look like old Outlook versions
I like most of the changes in O2007. But I would like to be able to have the same keystrokes in 2007 had in 2003. For example, I would like F5 to send/receive email. I would like PAGE UP to go to the previous week in the calendar. Any way to do this or am I stuck? BONUS: In the old Outlook I could modify hotkeys . . . I could have ALT-T take me to Go To Today. Can I modify hotkeys in 2007? F5 is history. It's F9 now. How did you change the hotkeys in Outlook 2003? You can add buttons to the toolbar and change the shortcuts, just as before. On the page up/down, It doesn't l...

Wierd problem
I am receiving some e-mails that are just blank in the message body. When I go to my webmail I can view the message but for some reason the message content is not downloading to Outlook. This is only for a few message and I cannot tell if there is a common thing with the e-mails that are not coming through. Also when I send a message from my Outlook to my office the message shows sent but it is not received at the office. I check the webmail for the office but it is not there. I can forward an e-mail from home and it arrives at the office but not an original message. I thought ...

Cannot See Available Fields on Cross Tab Query Wizard Access 2007
Using Office 2007 on WinXP machine.- Has all Updates for Office and XP. When I try to use CrossTab Query Wizard, I cant see any avalailable fields to add to the query. Note when I installed Office originally and each time updates have been done, I get an error 1907.Could Not Register Font. Dont know if that is related TIA Steve On Dec 14, 9:37 am, Steve <stevecox4...@gmail.com> wrote: > Using Office 2007 on WinXP machine.- Has all Updates for Office and > XP. > When I try to use CrossTab Query Wizard, I cant see any avalailable > fields to add to the query. Note when I in...

software installation problem?
hi, as of yesterday, i am the happy user of an ibook after my dell 'ate' my research papers and i was less than happy with windows recovery options... but in attempting to install the office mac 2004 student and teacher edition (the one with word, powerpoint, excel and msn) it is reported that athough the program has superficially installed itself - ie on the hard drive i am able to see the folder and open it to view all of the individual icons, i cannot open them because it tells me to put them back in the folder they were installed in (i havent moved them) or to reinstall the progra...

office professional 2007
i bought a genuine version of office pro 2007 for my new computer (a 17" laptop) last year. now i want to buy a small netbook to travel with. will i be able to install my licenced version of office pro on my netbook. some say yes some say no. if yes how will i manage without a disk drive on the netbook There are many types of "genuine of office pro 2007" but the real question is: is it a retails version or is it an OEM version. There are some retailers still selling OEM versions even if you don't buy any hardware going with it. That aside, generally retail ...

Why is there nothing in my sent folder in outlook 2007 ?
When I send email in Outlook 2007, nothing shows up in my sent folder? I am using Microsoft Exchange server and noone else has this problem. TobiMac wrote: > When I send email in Outlook 2007, nothing shows up in my sent folder? I am > using Microsoft Exchange server and noone else has this problem. Well, the first question I'd ask is if you've talked to your Exchange administrator about the problem. Since they can usually sit at your machine and point out obvious problems, it's a good first stop. After that, I'd be checking to make sure you only have E...

File in 2007 form
I was trying the Beta Office 2007 and made the mistake of saving one of you Excel file in the new 2007 form. I really need it back in the 2003 form. Problem: due to a variety of issues, I de-installed the Beta version and went back to 2003 but for got about the one file.. So; are there any utilities that anyone knows of the will convert this file back two 2003 form?? It is a simple Excel file, meaning that there are no clever or fancy formula or macros, just a collection of parts and part numbers gathered over MUCH time surfing various web sites. Any help or advise (beside the obvious....

FIX: Outlook 2007 Instant Search Broken / Indexer Not Indexing Mail Items
Well, it cost me a support incident at MSFT so hopefully what I learned will help others. I am running Outlook 2007 as part of Office 2007 Ultimate on Windows XP SP2. There have been numerours threads around with people complaining that searching in instant search in Outlook 2007 or through Windows Desktop Search 3.0 doesn't return any results. Some have said that PST files work fine but results from Exchange mailboxes were missing. The solution on my machine turned out to be related to the fact that the Exchange 2003 system management tools were installed on my machine.There was a prob...

office 2007
Bonjour, Avec office 2007, pour �tudiant combien d'installation peut-on effectuer 2 ou 3 Merci pour le renseignement Gis�le Perhaps the French group for Excel? news://msnews.microsoft.public.fr.excel locatelli gisele wrote: > Bonjour, >=20 > Avec office 2007, pour =E9tudiant combien d'installation peut-on=20 > effectuer 2 ou 3 >=20 > Merci pour le renseignement >=20 > Gis=E8le Trois ! From Microsoft website: Yes, if you have purchased a retail license of Office Home and Student 2007. The retail license terms permit installation and use ...

OneNote.....
this is probably is simple but....how do I alphabatize/order within onenote? after I have already written up my 3columned 'note'.......if I was in excel I could do it, but here I'm lost......thanks, I guess I hilite the note section but where is the command? -- cristinaladyjane That feature doesn't exist in OneNote. The recommended workaround is to copy/paste the table contents into Excel, sort as needed and then copy/paste back into OneNote. =?Utf-8?B?Y3Jpc3RpbmFsYWR5amFuZQ==?= <ladyjane@microsoft.discussions.com> wrote in news:5DD1CA28-B...

Outlook 2007 and Hotmail Issue with attachemnts
Scenario: If you use Outlook 2007 to receive mail from a POP 3 account and you wish to move any mail received on this account into a Hotmail Folder, it will be viewable from the Hotmail site along with any attachments. However if you then try to sync your hotmail to say Outlook Express or Windows Live Mail Desktop, you will receive the mail as normal with correct formatting but any attachments will be missing although the client shows there is an attachment and reports the correct file size. I believe this is a problem caused by the way Outlook 2007 stores/previews attachments. This pr...

Publisher 2007 #36
I have created hyperlinks to different document types on my original Publisher file and transferred all these documents to the remote site using FTP The links work fine when i check them on the local site but not hwne i preview or check my site on the web. I am not sure which file i should tranfer all these linked docs to on my remote site. Can you help? ...

Exchange storage problem
ok, here is the problem. A few of my users has a mailbox closes to 2GB and growning. My VP is telling me they need virtually unlimited mailbox storage. Please HELP!!!! Suggestions or recommendations??? Current Config: DL360 3.4G 1-CPU 4GB RAM 150GB SCSI U320 Windows 2003 SP1 Exchange 2003 SP2 Enterprises Exchange can support mailbox sizes larger than 2GB. If they use offline synchronization they might have problems with an OST file larger than that depending on their version of Outlook, however. If they use Outlook 2003, they might have problems with cached mode. Search the ...

CCommand object serialize problem
my code like this: CComand<CDynamicStringAccessor> rs0; ... rs0.Open( session,sqlstr,&ps); CFile theFile; theFile.Open(curdir+"db.dat",CFile::modeWrite); CArchive ar(&theFile, CArchive::store); ar.WriteObject((CObject *)&rs0); when it runs to ar.WriteObject((CObject *)&rs0),the system always report error: the memory "0x00000001" used by code "0x00000001" can not be read what wrong with it ? what I want is to store the rs0 from memory into hard disk,so I can use it after then by read it from hard disk how can I do it correct...

Panning in Excel 2007
Why doesn't Excel 2007 seem to support tilt wheels anymore for panning? I have to click on the central button now to put the mouse into panning and scrolling mode and then click it again when I want to return to normal mode. I prefer in many cases just to use the tilt wheel instead. Is there a configuration setting somewhere that I've missed where I can make Excel 2007 scroll just like previous versions of Excel? Travis ...

Moving Outlook 2007 from one PC to another
Is anyone able to provide me the steps for moving Oulook 2007 files from one PC to another? Last time I did it, I lost my rules, I got duplicates of many emails, My overdue reminders disappeared, and my upcoming reminders are doubled, and so on. Last time, all I did was copy the .pst file from one PC to the other. There is clearly more to it than that. Does anyone know the appropriate steps to do this properly? Thanks, Excel@shoenfeltconsulting.com <excel@shoenfeltconsulting.com> wrote: > Is anyone able to provide me the steps for moving Oulook 2007 files > from one PC to ano...

Outlook 2007 calendar help
I just deleted a calendar from my outlook and now I can not figure out how to add one back. It was a sharepoint calendar Under others nothing is showing now Any ideas on how I can recreate the calendar Thanks Tom Go back to that SharePoint Calendar website and use the link provided there to directly add it back to Outlook. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- ...

Styles in OneNote 2010
Hi again, Is it possible to sync or import styles from Word into OneNote? We have a corporate normal.dotx (or is it dotm?) which contains the corporate standard for styles and is pushed to computers each time you log onto the network. We would like to promote OneNote for colaboration in document creation (especially since I found the Send to Word option) but it would be useful to be able to use the same styles as Word, rather than try to re-create them and then manual change OneNote as the corporate standards are updated. Thanks in advance Mike No, unfortunately One...

Problems with tooltips in formview
To have toptip support in my formviews I call "EnableToolTips" in "OnInitialUpdate" and add a handler "OnToolTipText" for TTN_NEEDTEXTW and TTN_NEEDTEXTA, which is identical to CFrameWnd::OnToolTipText. Works like a charme. However I notice, that in some formviews not all controls show tooltips that should do. It happens, that in one formview, some of the controls with string table entries show tooltips, while other controls (also with string table entries) do not. It also happens, that some controls (with string table entries) show tooltips in one formview,...

Powerpoint 2002 video clip palyback problem
I have a MPEG video clip that is in a powerpoint presentation and it plays on the laptop but when its connected to a projector on a screen all I get is a black box where the video os suppose to be. how do I slove this problem? ...

onenote add-in cannot connect to onenote
Help me please! I just reinstalled Office 2007 and I get this message when trying to send an email to OneNote from Outlook onenote add-in cannot connect to onenote. Make sure OneNote add-ins are enabled (they are) in the Add-Ins category of the OneNote application options. How can I fix this?? ...

Standalone Outlook 2007 with Office 2002?
My small company is using Office 2002 on a Dell Windows XP. My boss recently purchased a standalone version of Outlook 2007. Can I install Outlook 2007 with Office 2002? Thanks for you help! Patty "PattyF" <pattyfuss@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1181756180.999014.197810@o11g2000prd.googlegroups.com... > My small company is using Office 2002 on a Dell Windows XP. My boss > recently purchased a standalone version of Outlook 2007. Can I install > Outlook 2007 with Office 2002? > > Thanks for you help! > > Patty > > Shouldn't be any problem...