How do I export a notebook to another computer?

I'm afraid it's obvious, but I haven't figured it out yet...I just bought a
new laptop and I would like to transfer my OneNote Notebooks to the new
computer.  The old laptop will be retired.  The old system is Vista and the
new one is running Windows 7.  I thought I could simply run a backup saved to
DVD and then restore it to the new system, but I haven't been able to get to
save.  Any suggestions?

Thanks in Advance!
onenote 551 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"Turningleaf" wrote:
> I'm afraid it's obvious, but I haven't figured it out yet...I just bought a
> new laptop and I would like to transfer my OneNote Notebooks to the new
> computer.  The old laptop will be retired.  The old system is Vista and the
> new one is running Windows 7.  I thought I could simply run a backup saved to
> DVD and then restore it to the new system, but I haven't been able to get to
> save.  Any suggestions?

I'm new to ON, but if it was me I would use Windows Explorer to copy the
OneNote notebook folder from the old hard drive to the new one after closing
the notebook on the old computer, and then open it on the new one.
-1

-------- Original-Nachricht --------

> I'm new to ON, but if it was me I would use Windows Explorer to copy the
> OneNote notebook folder from the old hard drive to the new one after closing
> the notebook on the old computer, and then open it on the new one.

And you can transfer your settings of ON 2007:

Go to
Users\$User$\Appdata\Roaming\Microsoft\OneNote\12.0

and copy

     * Preferences.dat
     * Toolbars.dat

to the corresponding folder in Win7.
Toolbars.dat may not exist,because you didn't change your toolbars.

Bernd
0
Bernd
1/25/2010 1:44:01 PM
I have EXACTLY the same situation - have you found a solution to the question that works (easily?).
Thanks

Turningleaf wrote:

How do I export a notebook to another computer?
24-Jan-10

I am afraid it is obvious, but I have not figured it out yet...I just bought a
new laptop and I would like to transfer my OneNote Notebooks to the new
computer.  The old laptop will be retired.  The old system is Vista and the
new one is running Windows 7.  I thought I could simply run a backup saved to
DVD and then restore it to the new system, but I have not been able to get to
save.  Any suggestions?

Thanks in Advance!

On Sunday, January 24, 2010 7:35 PM
Turningleaf wrote:

How do I export a notebook to another computer?
I am afraid it is obvious, but I have not figured it out yet...I just bought a
new laptop and I would like to transfer my OneNote Notebooks to the new
computer.  The old laptop will be retired.  The old system is Vista and the
new one is running Windows 7.  I thought I could simply run a backup saved to
DVD and then restore it to the new system, but I have not been able to get to
save.  Any suggestions?

Thanks in Advance!

On Monday, January 25, 2010 5:14 AM
coolnote wrote:

"Turningleaf" wrote:I am new to ON, but if it was me I would use Windows
"Turningleaf" wrote:

I am new to ON, but if it was me I would use Windows Explorer to copy the
OneNote notebook folder from the old hard drive to the new one after closing
the notebook on the old computer, and then open it on the new one.

On Monday, January 25, 2010 8:44 AM
Bernd wrote:

-------- Original-Nachricht --------And you can transfer your settings of ON
-------- Original-Nachricht --------

And you can transfer your settings of ON 2007:

Go to
Users\$User$\Appdata\Roaming\Microsoft\OneNote\12.0

and copy

* Preferences.dat
* Toolbars.dat

to the corresponding folder in Win7.
Toolbars.dat may not exist,because you did not change your toolbars.

Bernd

Join Lists with LINQ - SharePoint 2010
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/b0c1cd0d-fe82-444e-a16e-7d3fb7d38eca/join-lists-with-linq--sh.aspx
0
Debra
2/24/2010 9:33:03 PM

-------- Original-Nachricht --------

> I have EXACTLY the same situation - have you found a solution to the question that works (easily?).
> Thanks

The answer is in your question:

> "Turningleaf" wrote:
>
> I am new to ON, but if it was me I would use Windows Explorer to copy the
> OneNote notebook folder from the old hard drive to the new one after closing
> the notebook on the old computer, and then open it on the new one.
>
> On Monday, January 25, 2010 8:44 AM
> Bernd wrote:

plus the comment by myself:

> And you can transfer your settings of ON 2007:
>
> Go to
> Users\$User$\Appdata\Roaming\Microsoft\OneNote\12.0
>
> and copy
>
> * Preferences.dat
> * Toolbars.dat
>
> to the corresponding folder in Win7.
> Toolbars.dat may not exist,because you did not change your toolbars.
>
> Bernd

Bernd
0
Bernd

broken computer...
I bought Microsoft Office Standard 2007 just a few months ago and installed it on my computer, which then broke. I am buying a new computer, and am wonderig if I will be able to still install the Office on the new computer? If not, it would have been a big waste of 150 dollars just to be able to use the program for 2-3 months at the most... I am not a lawyer... I think that the rules are different for each country. Did you purchase Office 2007 with the pc? If yes, then your license may not be transferable. The OEM version is usually tied to the hardware. Are you getting the replacem...

Export to XML exports single row only

Accessing CRM 4.0 from another machine
Thanks for any help in advance... I have successfully installed CRM on the server using port 5555. I can access it from the local machine using HTTP://localhost:5555 without issues. For some reason, I am unable to connect to that instance from any other machine on the network. Ultimately I would like to access the instance over the internet so our disconnected sales team can work with it, but for now I'd be happy to access it from the network, or for VPN clients. I have tried http://<MACHINENAME>:5555, as well as the IP address approach. Our network engineer has opened port...

Contacts export display X400 not SMTP

Export / Import Security

Min value excluding 0 and another criteria
Hi I am trying to exclude zero plus add another criteria in calculating the min value of a column. I want the other criteria to be the text value of a different column. For instance column A has dog, cat, fish, etc (up to 16 category types) and column B has age. I am trying to find min age for each category and not include zero. I know this will find the min age of everything =MIN(IF($G$5:$G$40>0, $G$5:$G$40)) but i am at a lost for how to incoporate the other criteria any suggestions would greatly be appreciated On Apr 24, 10:41=A0pm, calebmich...@gmail.com wrote: > Hi > >...

how can I get Outlook (not Outlook Express) to be used to send files from my computer
How can I get Outlook (not Outlook Express) to be used to send files from my computer? I've just started using my new Compaq Presario 3000 laptop running XP Home. Each time that try to send a file by right clicking on it and selecting Mail Reciepient the mail is sent via Outlook Express and not Outlook. THis is a problem for me as I do niot use Outlook Express for anything but Newsgroup reading. The other problem is that I want a record of having sent the file in my Outlook Sent Mail folder. On my old computer the files went through Outlook and not Outlook Express I've checked th...

One money file, 2 computers
I am new to money. I want to be able to access money both from work and at home. To facilitate this, I have a portable Hard Drive. I installed money to it at home, installed money to it at work (stoopid registry) pointed both instances to a single money file. Now, when I run it at home, everything is fine. When I run it at work I get a critical file is missing error. I reinstall at work and everything is fine again. I go home and voila! A critical file is missing error! <grrr /> How do I skin this cat? Is there a better way of doing this? I won't be purchasing money un...

Export item ID?

Quickly moving down one row on pasted data from another worksheet.
Ok, this should be fairly simple but I'm a excel novice. I have two worksheets. One contains all data with each row representing a different store. I then have another worksheet that is a form. I need to fill out a form for each store. The information maps the same every time, just one row down. It looks like this... WORKSHEET1 A B C D E 1 A1 B1 C1 D1 E1 2 A2 B2 C2 D2 E2 WORKSHEET2 Name: =Worksheet1!A1 Company: Worksheet1!B1 Parts: Worksheet1!...

Exporting email in Outlook Express

Exporting to Powerpoint

Export Image Package
I have an access application that has stored .JPG images within the database as a "Package". How can I export the image back to a normal .jpg file so that it can be read by a normal (non ole server) imaging application? ...

Export registry key
Hi, Is there an API to Export and Extract a registry key in a text format ? I need to simulate the operation that is done by the user of exporting a key (and creating a .reg file in a text format). I do not want to use RegSaveKey/RegRestorekey which work in a binary format. Yoav. I believe you will have to do this yourself. There is no Automation or exported function interface to RegEdit, and that .Reg file concept is a feature of that program. However, it shouldn't be terribly difficult to do this, using RegEnumKeyEx and RegEnumValue or the CRegKey class, use a CStdioFile object...

Export from Excel to Word
I have a 20 page Excel document that has a LOT of formating involved, it is text not data. Is there a way that I get it into Word without having to redo all the formatting? It is 11x17, landscape. Yes: Select the area you wish to copy. While holding the SHIFT key pull-down: Edit > Copy Picture... In the Word document, just paste. Because you have pasted a picture, the formatting will be preserved. Also because its a picture, yo can re-size it as you choose. -- Gary's Student "kath0178" wrote: > I have a 20 page Excel document that has a LOT of formating inv...

Reverse of export to database
Ave, I would like to generate a Visio drawing starting from an Access database which contains the results of an 'export to database' of an existing drawing. I found import possibilities from Excel, csv, txt files, but not from databases. I'm using Visio 2002 Professional. Greetings, Are you trying to import the data from the database tables or the database schema? If it is the database schema, run the Database modeling template (File \ New \ Database \ Database model diagram) If you want to get the data, try the "Link to Database" dialog (Tools \ Macros \ Visio Extras...

Export email addresses including aliases
Hi I have a medium organization with 5 different domains so each user has 5 to 10 email aliases. I can't find a way (an easy way) to export all email addresses into a script file so I can create accounts on our off-site anti-spam provider. DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO EXPORT EMAIL ALIASES IN EXCHANGE 2000 Thank you, Shawn. "Shawn" <slafferty@allcovered.com> wrote: >I have a medium organization with 5 different domains so each user has 5 to 10 email aliases. I can't find a way (an easy way) to export all email addresses into a script file so I can create accounts on o...

I want to inhibit editing of one text box based on the content of another
The two text boxes are on the same form (subform3). I want to inhibit the Quantity filed from being edited if the Status field contains "Ship Requested". The following code gives me an error 'Expected: list separator or )' Private Sub Quantity_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer) ' Inhibit txtbox if the Status field is "Ship Requested" IIf(me.Status = "Ship Requested"; me.AllowEdits = True, _ me.AllowEdits = False) End Sub On Fri, 27 Nov 2009 23:07:21 -0500, BobC wrote: > The two text boxes are on the same form (subform3). >...

Can I export my Publisher document into MS Word?
Does anyone know how I can export my Publisher document into MS Word? Hi Matt (matthew_removethis_@mccallister.com), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || Does anyone know how I can export my Publisher document || into MS Word? No you cannot. You can open one instance of Publisher and one instance of Word and copy/paste between the two programs, or do a CTRL+Drag and Drop between the two programs. Some formatting will be lost however. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Office Publisher MVP Official Publisher MVP Site: http://www.kvalheim.org This posting is provided "AS IS" wit...

Need a batch file or small script to run /release and /renew on an XP computer remotely.
Hi, I connect to my office and subsequent school computers remotely pretty often, and am in need of a way to run the "ipconfig /release" and "ipconfig /renew" commands from my remote location on the school computers. it would seem to be a simple file, I just don't know how to make the script "wait" for a min or so, and then run the "renew" part so I can reconnect. Anyone?? Thanks! niteowl niteowl wrote: > I connect to my office and subsequent school computers remotely > pretty often, and am in need of a way to run the &...

Fatloss computer program
I have been using this computer program for a couple weeks now and i am very pleased with the results so far. its a software fatloss program, if your looking for a diet/weightloss plan i reccomend you check this place out first: http://fatloss9.50webs.com ...

How to stop "The file 'XXXX.xls' may have been changed by anothe.
After an upgrade to Office 2003 when saving an excel file, I keep getting a file requester "The file 'XXXX.xls' may have been changed by another user since you last saved it. In that case, what do you want to do?". How do I stop it from asking me this and just save the file. Hi have you shared this file ('Tools - share workbook')? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "ICC/SS" <ICC/SS@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:2E641711-A807-47EE-A6D4-C4EDD1F361A6@microsoft.com... > After an upgrade to Office 2003 when saving...

Export
Can I add a control to my form that when clicked the form will be exported to a pdf or mht file? I'm using InfoPath 2003. Thanks, Joel I put this question in the wrong place. Sorry "JoelS" wrote: > Can I add a control to my form that when clicked the form will be exported to > a pdf or mht file? I'm using InfoPath 2003. > > Thanks, > > Joel ...

Morphed SKU Numbers on export to Excel
I am exporting an RMS Items report to Excel to send to my new on-line shopping cart provider. One of the pieces of data needs to be the RMS SKU #. I use a combination of 4 or 5 digit internally generated SKUs, plus the typical bar code wanded numbers where items are manufacturer barcoded. When the file opens in Excel, most of the manufacturer barcode SKUs are morphed. Some look fine, but many are morphed with decimals and letters included. The morphed ones do not appear that way in the RMS database. Any ideas?? These look fine: 84692000135 Taylor's Vintage '03 Ruby Port 8...