Display search results

Using OneNote 2010 Beta: file tabs are on the left; how can I make search
result tabs appear on the right?  Now they don't appear at all: the first
search result is displayed in the middle of the screen (that's fine) but no
way to move to the next search result, nor any way to scrool them all the
search results.  I'd like to see all the search result tabs listed on the
right so I can choose the one I want (as was the case with the version of
OneNote that got replaced by 2010 beta).  Many thanks for any help.

--
CH
onenote 551 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I can't really visualize what you want, but here's a tip that may help.

When you get the list of search results, you can use the arrow keys to go up
or down through the list.  When you arrow to a new result, the page will get
drawn in the view.

--
Hope this helps,
John Guin

"Craig Harlan" wrote:

> Using OneNote 2010 Beta: file tabs are on the left; how can I make search
> result tabs appear on the right?  Now they don't appear at all: the first
> search result is displayed in the middle of the screen (that's fine) but no
> way to move to the next search result, nor any way to scrool them all the
> search results.  I'd like to see all the search result tabs listed on the
> right so I can choose the one I want (as was the case with the version of
> OneNote that got replaced by 2010 beta).  Many thanks for any help.
>
> --
> CH

Changing Recevied Email Sender Display Name
Okay, Currently I have a received email which has "aaa@yahoo.com" under the "From:". I added the "aaa@yahoo.com" email to my contact with the display name as "Apple". Subsequent received mails from aaa@yahoo.com is displayed as "Apple" under the "From:". Does anyone know why older mails "From:" displayed name is not mapped to the Contact folder's display name? I would like to change the old emails which shows aaa@yahoo.com to "Apple". Sincerely Idiot. ...

address bar display
I want to only show the names of the recipients of my e-mails as I was able to do on my last PC. At present the person's full name & full e-mail address is visible. How can I change this? Thanks Go into your addres book and remove the email addresses from the display line of each entry, should only have what you want to display, ie: first name & intial or first & last name. Good Luck, Neil. -- gtghip "starsearcher" <starsearcher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7CAE477A-DB61-436C-9E97-7DC77B78188B@microsoft.com... >I ...

Clicking on "Help" in Word 2007 results in a blank help window.
Instead of the online help displaying as it should, the content of the Help window is completely blank. The user reports this happened quite a while back, so doing a System Restore would be shooting in the dark. Is there some registry change to make to get this working as it should? ...

Search Function
Does anyone know why the search function on this discussion group is not working? I do not know who to report it to. Thks It comes and goes. This "discussion group" is really a newsgroup with a "web interface" pasted on the front end. You can bypass it and use a news reader directly using the link below. news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.sharepoint.general Kim wrote: > Does anyone know why the search function on this discussion group is not > working? I do not know who to report it to. Thks I use Mozilla's Thunderbird as a new...

Wierd result
Hi everybody. I have the following figures in different columns (A,B,C,D): 27,17.9,8.1,1 In E I have the following formula: -A1+B1+C1+D1. The result should be 0. However the same it's not, but instead it's 1.77636E-15. I've solved the issue by doing A1-sum(B1:D1) as I just needed the 0, however I've got to have the doubt of such weird result. Thanks to anybody who may answer. Regards, Paul -- paulsete ------------------------------------------------------------------------ paulsete's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25828 View t...

If search result was 5 records then MS Access view each record every one second
Dear All, To start with, I have the following code that it gets called by clicking on Find_records button: [code] Option Compare Database Option Explicit Private Sub Find_record_Click() Me![Subj_num].SetFocus 'Me!Subj_num = glob_subj_num DoCmd.FindRecord Me!Subj_num, acEntire, False, acSearchAll, False, acAll, True End Sub [/code] I have a form that contains fields from three tables that are linked “relationship” by “Subj_num “ field. It will be mainly used to search for subj_num from the main table that is “ID” table. So, there is not going to be any data entry, update or delet...

MS Project Group By Display
Using MS Project 2007 - When I print preview or print my schedule that is using the group by option, the horizontal color bars appear, but the vertical color bars do not. The schedule looks fine on the screen prior to print preview or printing. The schedule prints fine in MS Project 2003, just not in 2007. Doesn't matter if I PDF the file, preview it or dump it to a printer, the vertical group by color lines are absent. Hi Chris, Yes, you are correct. This printing error has been around for quite some time and has been reported as a bug. I hope this helps. Let us ...

VBA for search
Hello, I will have a minutes of meeting table as follows: 1. Autonumber 2. Decision number 3. Date 4.Decisions which is a MEMO field. What is the VBA if we want to use a search by key word. Is there any sample for this? Thanks Frank -- H. Frank Situmorang Here's what we know so far. 1) you have a table. 2) you want to search for something. More info perhaps? Are you working in a form? Are you trying to search the memo field for certain words? -- _________ Sean Bailey "Frank Situmorang" wrote: > Hello, > > I will have a minutes of meeting table as follow...

Which is more efficient? Search and Replace or Looping Through All Project Tasks?
During testing, it seems about the same, but generally speaking is it more efficient or "better" to do a search and replace (within VBA) on project task contents or loop through each task via VBA and set the values individually? Thanks, Andy Novak UNT Hi Andy, for a full answer post this to the developer newsgroup. However, in Rod Gill's book he publishes a piece of code that allows you to time the execution of some VBA, but I would say, unless you have thousands of tasks in a project, then it really doesn't matter which way you do it. -- Regards, Ben. ...

Formula result not displaying after editing VLOOKUP syntax

FAQ Spreadsheet with search function
I would like to create a spreadsheet called FAQs that has 2 worksheets. A 'faq' worksheet will have a list of all of the faqs and answers to these, possibly a third column that has 'keywords' in it. A second worksheet will be called 'search' and should have up to three cells where the user can type in keywords to search for. I want these keywords to then look at the faqs and grab any relevant rows, displaying them in the 'search' worksheet. example. FAQ sheet faq 1 ~ How do you do this? ~ You do this by pointing your mouse and clicking the button. faq ...

Can I set "search from start" as default search?
I am using Outlook 2000 SR-1 on a PC running Windows XP. I'm wondering if there is a way to change the default search so that Outlook searches all entries, including past ones. I need to do this all the time, and it's a pain to have to change the settings every time. Thanks, .. Joann ...

Customize Queue to display time
Has anyone found a way to display the time as well as date an e-mail enters a queue ...

Task Pad Views
Hi all, OK, maybe it's just me, but in the Outlook 2003 Task Pad, when I change the view to "View All Tasks" , it does not display ALL tasks! Specifically, tasks with due dates beyond today are not displayed. What do I have to do to have the Task Pad display ALL existing tasks. Thanks for your help. Phideaux Right-click on the header row in the TaskPad and then click Customize Current View. Click the Filter button and then click the Clear All button at the bottom. All filters should now be cleared and all tasks should be shown. I think the All Tasks view defaults to ...

Partner Tech customer display doesn't show anything
I have installed a Partner Tech CD2550 pole display on a new cash register. I have the same model on another register and it works fine. However, this one does not show any RMS messages. The OPOS drivers are installed and the check out fine. The OPOS test displays the correct message. I have the pole display enabled in Store Manager with the correct device name, as well as the COM communications settings. Has anyone had a similar problem and fixed it? Thanks, Dhruva ...

2 differenct decimal options for same cell results
I am trying to have the result of one cell show 2 decimals when the result is in liters and no decimals when the result is in fluid ounces. Is there a way to write the formula to automatically recognize which number format to use in this same cell? For example, in cell B1 I use the Data Validation formula "list" to select either "U.S. Units" or "Metric Units" from a source that contains the same text in 2 adjacent fields. In cell B4 below, I am using an If formula that says IF(B1="U.S. Units",E4, IF(B1="Metric Units",G4))..The number...

Displaying report filters on Excel Pivot Tables
I am using pivot charts to display different departments' data, over the course of the year. When looking at the graph, I often filter it to see just one department. When viewing and printing, I would like to be able to see which department the chart is filtered on. Is there a way to do this? ...

Searching String
I would like to extract numeric values from a alphanumeric field. I can't find an example of what I am trying to do. Example; 1. Cell contains "bpnth500unwumm". Looking for a result in a different cell 500. 2. Cell contains "Natp350rummunw". Looking for a result in a different cell of 1350. 3.Cell contains "napt450rummunw56". Looking for a result in a different cell of 450. 4. Cell contains "a2000ronNa". Looking for a result in a different cell of 2000. 5. Cell contains c40bronmAA16. Looking for a result in a different cell of 40. I have sever...

CWnd::OnHScroll and display corruption
Thanks in advance to anyone who can help :) I'm sure the fix might be quite simple; I'm relatively new to MFC I have client window with a horizontal scrollbar created with the Cwnd::SetScrollinfo method. However, as I scroll the text within the window becomes garbled/corrupted, with horizontal lines all over the place. I tried calling the CWnd::UpdateWindow() method directly after the CWnd::ScrollWindow command, yet to no avail. I'm sure it has something to do with the client window being "redrawn" properly in relation to the scrolling. Anyone? Sounds like someth...

AUTO FILTER NOT CHANGING RESULTS
Hello, Problem #1: I have a giant workbook with 240 tabs. Each of the 238 sheets contain specific information to them. This information is put in from a master sheet via an Array formual, when I put in a new sheet all the other sheets gain their infromation from the master sheet. Each of the sheets has about 70 lines and based on how much activity there was on a certain account the lines can range from anywhere from no acctivity to all 70 lines. So what I have done on the last coloumn on each sheet is put in a custom Auto Filter, to show me only if the cell is greater than 0. My p...

Searching
How in the heck can you search this message board??? I have posted questions, that have been answered, and I can't find -- Thank You Vince :) ...

Complaining abou the display name
Our organization is Exchange 2003/Windows 2003. Our users (bless their hearts) wanted the GAL to be displayed in Last Name, First Name format. Okay - no problem. I performed the steps in this article and the GAL shows up as they requested: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/250455/en-us Now when email comes in to them, the sender displays as "Last Name, First Name" (imagine that), and they aren't happy about it. They want the GAL to display "Last Name, First Name" and the incoming messages to show up as "First Name Last Name". Is this even remotely poss...

Displaying a TOTAL (using a data label) on a Stacked Bar Graph
Please forgive me if this problem has already been solved. I need to display a data label at the end of a stacked bar that represents the Total of the individual components of the stacked bar. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Bob - You could add one more series, call it Totals or anything, but plot all zeroes. Put the totals into another range in the sheet. Then use Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler (http://appspro.com) or John Walkenbach's Chart Tools (http://j-walk.com) to apply the total values in the worksheet range to the Totals series. The series won't show...

Don't know the login/password for Sharepoint Services Search Service.
I don't know the logins/passwords for our Sharepoint Services Search Service on Windows 2008 server std. I'm trying to start the "Windows Sharepoint Services Search" and it takes me to a login page that says this: "Configure Windows Sharepoint Services Search Service Settings on server myserver" There's a user name and password field for the Service Account and also for the Content Access Account. I did try our administrator login/pass on both but it didn't work. Then I tried a user username/pass when I first setup the server and that didn&#...

text search for a non-constant value?
Hi! The seach/3 function searches for 'find_text' in 'within_text', starting at the 'start_nun's character: SEARCH(find_text,within_text,start_num) I need to find the first digit in a string. I guess, search/3 does neither support regular expresseions, no does it allow a function instead of a constant 'search_text'. One way to find the first digit is this monster: =MIN( IF(ISNUMBER(SEARCH(0;D2));SEARCH(0;D2);9999); IF(ISNUMBER(SEARCH(1;D2));SEARCH(1;D2);9999); IF(ISNUMBER(SEARCH(2;D2));SEARCH(2;D2);9999); IF(ISNUMBER(SEARCH(3;D2));SEARCH(3;D2);9...