Developer Question: Outlook link

Hi,

I checked the technet forums but I couldn't find one for OneNote 2007
developers, so I though I'd ask this question here. I'm working one a OneNote
add-in to do some custom integration with Outlook (both 2007 versions), and
I'm using DevPal to look at the XML. During my experimentation I saved a
contact to OneNote and when I looked at the page in OneNote it had a 'Link to
Outlook Item' at the bottom of the contact info. I looked at the XML and this
is what it showed:

<one:OE creationTime="2009-12-26T22:06:14.000Z"
lastModifiedTime="2009-12-26T22:06:14.000Z"
objectID="{09763156-9EBD-4ADC-A358-DF07C272CE2A}{124}{B0}" alignment="left"
style="font-family:Calibri;font-size:11.0pt">
        <one:Meta name="EntryID"
content="00000000AA955CEFD654D311A5B300A0CC3B2B7A44012000" />
        <one:T><![CDATA[<a
href="onenote:outlook?folder=Contacts&entryid=00000000AA955CEFD654D311A5B300A0CC3B2B7A44012000">Link to Outlook item</a>]]></one:T>
      </one:OE>

I've seen this same link for calendar items saved to OneNote (e.g.
"folder=Calendar" in the XML with the associated EntryID). I checked the
Office 2007 XML schema but I can't find any details on exactly what's
supported with this kind of link. What I want to know is what folders are
supported - can I specify an email folder, can I use a StoreID in place of
the folder names, etc.

Thanx.

John

onenote 551 articles. 0 followers. Follow

OutLook 2003 Hangs #2
There's some variable causing Outlook 2003 to run behind the scene in multiple sessions under the processes tab ......Then outlook tends to prompt for safe mode startup once the extra sessions are ended... This continues in a never ending loop...Detect and repair does not solve it,,,,on technet it mentions the problem, but does not provide a solution.....Any help would be greatly appreciated ...

Access Developer
Hi All, We are about to enroll on a mini project and as part of the rollout new machines are to be installed. Some user's have an application called Access Developer. I would like to know if we install Access 2003 Pro would that be sufficient for them e to continue with their Access Development? Could anyone answer or point me in the right direction. Regards. -- Flinty I assume that ACCESS Developer is the developer version of ACCESS 2002, but you'll need to confirm that. If it is, this version of ACCESS allows the owner to create runtime versions of ACCESS applications, wh...

application development
I am designing a downloadable tutorial application I am using visual studio 6.0 and i have created a client application to navigate through data pages, at the moment just the client framework exists, what is the best and quickest way to create graphic pages with text that can be viewed through an active doc container app i.e Explorer.There will be a lot of pages Does anyone agree that java is the best method for this.? Or are there any alternatives The application will be placed on the server and downloaded, files will be downloaded a batch at a time and viewed as local pages. I also need to ...

Chart Axis naming question
When you set up a chart in Excel, you can format the axis' size, decimal point, etc. Is there anyway that you can add text into the axis title instead of it being just the numerical value? So, for instance, if my line chart has the Y axis with a scale of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, is there anyway I can format the access to say 1 - Expert, 2 - Advanced, etc??? i know that I can move the chart into Powerpoint and put a text box down the axis, but I was hoping there may be a way do just do that in Excel. Thanks!! Hi, Have a look at Jon's page on creating arbitrary axis scale. http://pelti...

Installation problem with Outlook 2000: 'The operation failed due to an installa
I installed Outlook 2000 on a laptop, which already had some of the Office 2002 products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). When I try to open Outlook I get an error message 'The operation failed due to an installation problem. Restart Outlook and try again. If the problem persists, please reinstall'. I uninstalled and reinstalled Outlook a couple of times, but still the same problem. Does anyboday have an idea what the problem could be and how it could be solved? ...

SerialNumberCount question
What is the SerialNumberCount column in the item table supposed to represent - the total number of available serial numbers, the total number of serial numbers regardless of status, etc...? Thank you, Kevin A serialised item can have either 1 serial number, or 2 or 3. That is what the count is. Afshin Alikhani - [afshin@retailrealm.co.uk] -- URL http://www.retailrealm.co.uk "kskinne" wrote: > What is the SerialNumberCount column in the item table supposed to represent > - the total number of available serial numbers, the total number of serial > numbers regardl...

Power field
Hi, I am doing a mailing using Outlook 2002, Win XP HE. I have a message that says: ........ (company name)............... I manually put the company name in there (unfortunately). However it appears also in separate places later-on in the email. I would like to have it automatically update later-on in the message based on what I manually input for the 1st instance of it (as above). Is this possible and if so how??? Tx a lot. Sat Sue, Tx for your reply. I cannot actually use it with Word. I do not have a list of contacts for this particular one but have to go through an online directory and...

Outlook 2003 slow opening first html msg
Anyone else noticed a slowdown recently when opening the first html formatted message in Outlook 2003? It might have occurred during the recent MS updates, or it might be where I upgraded to IE7. That all happened about the same time. On my Pentium 800 with .5gb of ram, the message frame appears in about 20 seconds and the contents in another 20 seconds. This seems to only happen on the first e-mail to be opened. The next opens instantly. Dave ...

Inbox in Outlook 2007
Can I set up more than 1 INbox in Outlook 2007? If so, ho is that done? Thank you! You have one per account you set up. Yves "Tomas" <Tomas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:039C1AB9-0286-470F-97B4-DC6DDA3EE981@microsoft.com... > Can I set up more than 1 INbox in Outlook 2007? If so, ho is that done? > Thank > you! No you don't, unless you have configured each account to use a separate data file "Yves Dhondt" <yves.dhondt@gmail.com> wrote in message news:eu3suey3KHA.3844@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > You ...

look up question
Hi , I have 2 columns - column A containes dates , coumn B contains activieties ( meetings , phone calls , emails ) .. I'd like to have a formula that returns the last date a meeting occured Thanks G Try the below; and format the formula cell to date.. =SUMPRODUCT(MAX((B1:B100="Meeting")*A1:A100)) -- Jacob "G" wrote: > Hi , I have 2 columns - column A containes dates , coumn B contains > activieties ( meetings , phone calls , emails ) .. > I'd like to have a formula that returns the last date a meeting occured > > Th...

Newb question (SMTP connector issue?)
We are running Small Business Server 2003 (not R2) with Exchange 2003. Prior to installing SBS 2003, mail accounts for the business were handled by their web-site hosting provider (and Outlook 2003). When SBS2003 was installed, we setup the POP3 Connector to go retrieve email from the hosting provider...that's all good. We had thought SMTP was all good, as well, until today. A message was sent from an employee to an local newspaper's email address (with promotional material to publish). This was rejected by the newspaper's mail-server. The message in that rejection notice wa...

Add-on Developers...
Does anybody know of any other add-on developers for Microsoft RMS, OTHER than RetailRealm, New West Technologies, ADI, EVT, RITE and NBE Solutions? I am trying to "crack" into some new retail markets. I have had some GOOD success. For example, for those who wish to, eGolf has an AWESOME Golf Suite that works like a charm. Talk about a beautiful addition for RMS. Talk to you all soon We focus on the needs of independent specialty retailers including bike, outdoor, sport specialty, and hardgoods verticals. Visit: http://www.digitalretailer.com/rmsaddins.htm "Tony Cormack...

Public Holiday Import Outlook 2000
Hi guys, does anyone know if there is a patch to download the public holidays for 2010 and beyond for a standalone Version of 2000? Many Thanks See http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/missinghol.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Poll: What version of Outlook do y...

outlook 97 account to outlook 2002 account, how?
From office97 to office xp This seems a bit stupid, but how do I do this? The post office in on another xp machine, (\\gate\Epostoffice\) using outlook 97, this works fine. I have imported the .pst file and the address book, so why the hassle with the account details? Is there a way to export the outlook97 account details, as there seems fewer and totally different options in outlook 2002 V10? OL2002 didn't support MS Mail but you can add it. There's some info here about that: http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/msmail_xp.htm "pete" <petefa@f2s.com> wrote in messa...

Outlook Calendar and Appointments with Email Router
Hi -- With the CRM 4.0 Email Router (in look at individual mailbox mode against Exchange) ... Do Appointments started in CRM make it the Exchange Mailbox? What about the reverse direction? (no "CRM for Outlook plugin"). Thanks, --Rich The email router on processes e-mail. To get appointments, tasks and/or contacts into outlook (or exchange) you must install the outlook plugin (and have it running). -- Patrick Verbeeten (MCPD) CRM/.NET Consultant Aviva IT Tools for CRM Developers and Administrators http://www.patrickverbeeten.com/Tools.aspx "Rich" wrote: > ...

Outlook Filters- Order?
Can someone help me with some info onthe use of outlook's filters. In particular I would like to know if various filters can be set in a order of when they operate?. Or is it that all filters just work together with no precedence ? Also could you tell me if I can get at individual filters or are they all inside *.pst files? David You mean Wizard Rules? (or Rules and Alerts in Outlook 2003) They fire in order from top to bottom. I don't know what you mean by your last question. Could you specify? don't forget to mention your version either. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]...

Graphing question #2
Hello, How do I extrapolate a graph which do not have a formula for the graph? At the end of the graph, I found that I don't have enough data and would want to have a longer graph? -- wenlianglo ------------------------------------------------------------------------ wenlianglo's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=161 View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=71554 Hi, You might also consider 1. Adding a Trendline to the chart and then choosing the trendline and telling it to show forward some number of periods. Alternat...

M2000 QUESTION
Hello, I was wondering how to create a new money file for 2004 and still keep all of the accounts, payees, scheduled debits and credits etc that I have in my 2003 file? Is this worth doing or is it better in the long run to keep everything in one file for tracking/reporting purposes for trends in spending etc? Thanks for your time, AndrewC I'd keep it in one file. The beauty of the program is keeping everything together to run reports on all your transactions and expenditures over time. My file tracks all my expenses back to 1992 when I first started using Money. You can alway...

UI Developer // Bay Area
Location: Bay Area Duration: 6 months Pay rate: 40-45/hr Front-end Developer Required Skills: 1. capable of estimating development tasks and meeting deadlines 2. great attention to visual detail and user interaction design 3. cross browser development, testing, and debugging for Chrome, Safari, Firefox, IE 7, IE8 4. front web page creation from detailed mockups/comps 5. AJAX 6. XHTML 7. CSS 8. Javascript 9. XML and JSON10. Java 6, JSP, JSTL/EL and Java Servlets 11. Team oriented, great communication skills Desired Front-end Developer Skills: 1. Familiar with mobile web UIs 2. Familiar with...

pst questions...
One of my users was having problems with their email (Outlook 2000), recieving emails. When checking, I found his pst file to be 2,097,136 KB. I was able to archive sent items (along with attachments), that created an archive pst file of 438,233 KB, but the original pst file size hasn't changed. Why is that? I tried compacting it, but no luck. They appear to be able to send & recieve email now, but I'm concerned about the size issue. Any advice appreciated! -- The intelligent man wins his battles with pointed words. I'm sorry -- I meant sticks. Pointed sticks. The pst ...

Pivot Table Question
Friends, I created a simple pivot table that is pulling values from four table columns (LineOf Business, WeekEndDate, Salesmen_HeadCount, Salesmen_Quit). In the pivot table, the aggregate function for Salesmen_HeadCount is Average() and the aggregate function for Salesman_Quit is Sum(). Here is my problem: I now want to add a calculated field to the pivot table that will return the Turnover Ratio, which should always be Salesman_Quit / Average(Salesmen_HeadCount) no matter how I am viewing the data (i.e., grouped by LineOfBusiness, Grand Totals, etc.). For example, if the pivot table...

Outlook Shortcut Bar
How can I create a 'Grocery List' shortcut on the shortcut bar (left side of Outlook window) that will open a blank list similar to 'Tasks'? I can create the actual shortcut, but it's nothing but a duplicate of my 'Tasks' list named 'Grocery List'. I went into the 'Grocery List' list, selected all, and deleted 'em - and there went my entire 'Tasks' list, too. I'd also like to set up other shortcuts, like separate 'Tasks' for home and work, or 'Parts Inventory' (maybe linked directly to Excel). I can't...

Reminder feature question
hello, i was wondering if there is an option that will allow the reminder feature to operate <still pop-up the reminder>, even if outlook is closed. thank you indera This is a client feature that requires Outlook to be running. You can always sync your calendar with a PDA device and have that display the reminder. Hope this helps. -- Greg Mansius [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Dr. Indera" <dr.inderaBUGOFF@verizon.net> wrote in message news:%23iqSgS8JEHA.2456@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > hello, > ...

Attendee shows up as Required and Optional in Outlook 2007
I have a user that is not part of our domain. His outside email address needs to be added to an internal distribution list, so I created a contact in AD for him using his outside email address. I am able to send emails to him and also if I send an email to the distribution list he is part of he gets the email. If I set up a meeting in my calendar and invite him, he gets the invite, but if I make a change to that calendar invite I notice that his name shows up as a required and optional attendee. What is weird is that only his name shows up in the Required field and in the Optiona...

outlook 2007 error 4104
I am not receiving emails. Error message 4104 says there is a problem synchronizing my mail account. Hotmail account works fine. Please post the entire error message, thanks. Hal -- Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-Print/Imaging -- WA7BGX http://www.kvoa.com -- "When News breaks, we fix it!" KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ. NBC Channel 4 Live at Hot Licks - www.badnewsbluesband.com "Outlook 2007" <Outlook2007@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A940B85D-5B0C-4F81-B1FB-D4DFA64B0A3D@microsoft.com... > I am not recei...