Bookmarks in OneNote

Are there bookmarks in OneNote, as in Word, so you can hyperlink to a
specific location in OneNote from Excel, for example?

Thanks!
onenote 551 articles. 0 followers. Follow

In OneNote 2007 (and 2010) yes.  Right-click on your paragraph in OneNote
and choose "Copy Link to Paragraph".
--
-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, MVP

"Nickbray" <Nickbray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Are there bookmarks in OneNote, as in Word, so you can hyperlink to a
> specific location in OneNote from Excel, for example?
>
> Thanks!

1
Ben
3/8/2010 7:08:25 PM
Nickbray wrote:
> Are there bookmarks in OneNote, as in Word, so you can hyperlink to a
> specific location in OneNote from Excel, for example?

YesNo.
There are no "bookmarks" in the strict sense.

But one can create a hyperlink to each and any paragraph in ON
(right-mouse context menu) which is copied to the clipboard.
And this hyperlink can be inserted almost everywhere (in Excel, Word,
Outlook as well as in a shortcut on the desktop etc.).

Rainald

0
Rainald

Send to Onenote on Windows 7, driver won't work?
I downloaded the driver from David Rasmussen, but every time I open OneNote after printing to XPS I get the message "Unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately. Object reference not set to an instance of an object." If I click continue it still doesn't work. This was one of my favorite features - PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE find me a way to use OneNote! I lived off of it last year. Rilli wrote: > I downloaded the d...

Accessing bookmarks in Word from Access
I have developed some code in a 'test' database to open a Word document and go through all of the bookmarks to extract data. In the 'test' database it compiles and works fine, but when I have copied the code onto the application where I want to incorporate it I get a compile error of Variable not Defined. The error highlights "FormField" in the line of code below. I have checked the References and everything is the same in both databases - anyone got any ideas of why this would be happening? For Each FormField In myWordDoc.Bookmarks My gu...

linking to word bookmarks
I am trying to link from an excel cell to a bookmark in a word document. I get an error that excel cannot parse the word file. Any ideas. As much as i like excel i am wondering if i need to be using access. For linking to a Word bookmark: In the Hyperlink dialog, navigate to your word file. Add an octothorpe (#) and the bookmark name. e.g.: mydoc.doc#mybookmark Access vs. XL: See: http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/preview.aspx?AssetID=HA01042918103 3&CTT=4&Origin=CH011056861033 http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/modcore/ html/deovrW...

Unable to install OneNote 2007
I have downloaded OneNote 2007 (and paid for the licence key) but after entering the licence key it stops installing with the message "Microsoft OneNote 2007 setup has stopped working. A problem cause the program to stop working correctly". I am runninig Windows 7 Home Premium on a new computer. Any suggestions as to what I can do - I have tried to download a different trial version but without any luck - the same problem Thanks Where did you download it from? What anti-virus software are you using? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://w...

.Bookmark = .RecordsetClone.Bookmark
I am at a loss. I have a button on a subform (continuous) to select a record to display on another subform, which has some onCurrent events. This works just fine but does take a few seconds and I wish to display a please wait label on the parent of the subform that houses the button. The label is visible, I have ensured that. When user selects the button to display a record, the label should be visible but is not. When I step through it is made visible correctly, but the net effect for user is that the label is never visible. Code: Forms![frm1 Client]!Reservationfrm.Form!lblPleas...

Can I automatically have onenote index my paragraphs?
Some of my onenote pages are getting quite large. I can manually copy a hyperlink for each paragraph on the page and include that link in an intial paragraph on the top. Creates a simple table of context or index to all the paragraphs on the page. Can I have one-note do this automatically for me? If so, how? Thx, Perry -- pschmidt64 > Some of my onenote pages are getting quite large. Why not use the "subpage" feature? It makes ON far better usable if one does *split* pages and use a number of "subpages" for logically dividing the content. ...

Hyperlink with a bookmark does not work in Office 2007
I have searched everywhere I could and cannot find a solution. Need to link to a document and bookmark. The document opens, but not at the bookmark (Word opens at the beginning, Excel opens on the tab where last saved). I use the format of Document.doc#Bookmark or Spreadsheet#NamedRange. Has anyone found a solution? -- Thanks, Andy ...

bookmarks
booksmarks ...

Bookmark Not Valid
hello everyone I have tried everything, but cannot connect Bookmark not valid and to top it off My Administrator Account will not let me logon Interactively I run SBS Premium with all users on Xp pro and Outlook 2k3 I have not had a problem up until this point then it started with teh sync issues default offline address book Matthew - Have you rebooted the SBS server (which should also be your one-and-only Global Catalog)? -- Evan Dodds Microsoft Exchange Support ****** Disclaimer ****** This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Note: Please ...

OneNote 2010 Links Stopped Working
I have been using OneNote 2010 Beta for some time now and am really impressed with its capabilities. I have created many links within OneNote to other pages, section, paragraphs etc as well as links to these sextions from other applications, namely desktop shortcuts and note files in several bible study applications I use. All has been working great. I can be in an external program and click on a link that takes me to the appropriate note/location within OneNote. Same with desktop shortcuts. However, today the desktop shortcuts wouldn't wotk. Told me that the file coul...

how to convert msword doc to onenote
I want to send a OneNote doc as a MSWord doc in Outlook. How can i do this? Use copy and paste? -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Jim" wrote: > I want to send a OneNote doc as a MSWord doc in Outlook. How can i do this? ...

Bookmark
Is there any way to create Bookmarks in a publication? I want to create an email newsletter which should include links to specific text within the newsletter. For example I start with a table of contents and would like to link to the specific paragraphs and then also have Back to Top link. So far what I found is that it is NOT possible to do that. Has anybody found a workaround?? Thanks for your help TomAL wrote: > Is there any way to create Bookmarks in a publication? I want to > create an email newsletter which should include links to specific > text within the newsletter. For e...

bookmark
I am using a bookmark to return to edited record after a requery. I get an error if the record is new. I used: If Not Me.NewRecord Then iBook=Me.BookMark End IF Me.Requery If Not Me.NewRecord Then Me.BookMark=iBook End IF But this still results in an error since after the requery the record is not new. What syntax do I need to accomplish this? Thanks -- sam The way I handle this is to define my own new-record boolean variable. When you create a new record, set the variable to TRUE. It will stay true until you reset it yourself at the appropriate time. You may need to dim the v...

"The bookmark is not valid"
Exchange server 2003, Outlook 2003 currently use pop3, try to add Exhange account, then select check name get the error bookmark is not valid. Webmail works. Any idea what is wrong? ...

combobox bookmark
Hi All, I do use a combobox within my email form. This box lookes within a query for a companyname and passes through the corresponding email address and contactid. I am able to use the information as I select the companyname through the pull down menu.(after update) strC = Me![ComboEmail].Column(2) strB = Me![ComboEmail].Column(1) strA = Me![ComboEmail].Column(0) MsgBox "Combo tells strA (0) = " & strA & vbCrLf _ & "Combo tells strB (1)= " & strB & vbCrLf _ & "Combo tells strC (2)= " & strC Me!EmailAddress.Value = strC...

link from outlook to word bookmark opens doc but not at bookmark
I want to put a link into an email (Outlook 2003) to open a Word doc right at a bookmark. When I test the link (by sending the email to myself and clicking the link), it opens the Word doc, but at the top of the doc, not at the bookmark. I know the bookmark works, because when I paste the link into another Word doc and click it, it opens the target Word doc right at the bookmark. Any insight? Yeah, this disappoints me too. I cannot make this work anywhere except in the Word document. Nikki "JOH" <JOHolloway@gmail.com> wrote in message news:564ef8a3-6760-4bfb-9845-3ec86df...

Invalid Bookmark
I am getting a weird message on a Windows 98 machine running Outlook 2000. When it tries to connect to the exchange server it says - Unable to connect to server. The bookmark is invalid. Any ideas - Anyone? I've tried Detect and Repair, uninstall and reinstall of Office. Thanks ...

import/export bookmarks ..
Hi, Is it possible to export/import bookmarks from VS 2005? My work environment is using VSS. From time to time, I would have to override my local version of programs with the server's (when difference is too huge). Then I had everything new in the *.vcproj. However, bookmarks (or even debugging break points) are the ones that I don't want to lose. Just like visual options can be imported/exported, I wonder if I can do the same thing for bookmarks per sln (solution). Thanks for any help. Tony ...

OneNote 2010 RTM not allowing "share to web"
I am trying to create a notebook in OneNote 2010 RTM and use the "share to web" option but it says "This service is not available." Is there something I have to do to make this available? Just be patient. That feature is waiting on the Live.com guys to get their stuff checked in and rolled out. I don't know their schedule but it could happen at any time - I think they're pretty close to ready. -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm Author: The Lawyer's G...

Bookmarks
How do I creat bookmarks in my publisher 2002 Newsletter? Publisher does not have that feature. David Bartosik - [MSFT MVP] www.publishermvps.com www.davidbartosik.com "ESDCAR" <ESDCAR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DC9BEB8F-C688-4700-BEC9-B71319298DE3@microsoft.com... > How do I creat bookmarks in my publisher 2002 Newsletter? ...

problemas con OneNote
He tenido muchos problemas con el programa Beta de OneNote y agradeceria que me informaran si es porque no se usarlo, o si le ha pasado a todos los usuarios de este programa. Gracias por sus respuestas y consejos. Alfonso Arrreola. AArreola wrote: > He tenido muchos problemas con el programa Beta de OneNote y > agradeceria que me informaran si es porque no se usarlo, o si le ha > pasado a todos los usuarios de este programa. Gracias por sus > respuestas y consejos. Alfonso Arrreola. The language in here is Englosh abd hardly anybody in here wll be able to reply in S...

Why have to use bookmark = recordsetclone.bookmark twice?
Why do we have to use "frm.BookMark = frm.RecordsetClone.Bookmark" twice consecutively to locate a record in one large data set when we can otherwise use that statement only once in any other large data set? In a datasheet view form, we are using the double-click event to open a single record edit view form for the record that was double-clicked on. The data has been repaired/compacted; even appended to a completely new data set and the behavior is the same. We have tried canceling any of the event procedures in the edit view form but still no luck. The edit view form uses a...

bookmarking
What does bookmark an address mean and how do I do it? What kind of an address? email, internet? It usually means to add it to the Favorites folder. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ "Paul" <Paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

Bookmark not valid #2
On our new exchange 2003 server we are getitng the error "bookmark is not valid" when configuring the outlook 2003 profile... I can access via OWA.. Any ideas??? Event Log: Event ID 9126 OALGen encountered error 80040405 while calculating the offline address list for address list '\Global Address List'. This offline address list will not be available for client download. - /o=Company Name/cn=addrlists/cn=oabs/cn=Default Offline Address List Event ID 9330 OALGen encountered error 80040405 (internal ID 50007e6) accessing Active Directory Domain Controller for '...

Not a Valid Bookmark
A table in my Acc 03 database has started to reject edits and adds. The message "Not a Valid Bookmark" comes up. The Help screen is no help; also tried the KB - no help there either. Things I have tried to correct condition: 1. Compact/Repair 2. Make-table query 3. Copy and Paste Append in to a new table 4. Importing into a new database None worked. Can you help?? Thanks in advance for your assistance. You will need to recreate the table, without the bad record. Details of how to copy the other records without the bad one: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-47.html#RowsShowDeleted...