Bookmarks in OneNote

Are there bookmarks in OneNote, as in Word, so you can hyperlink to a
specific location in OneNote from Excel, for example?

Thanks!
onenote 551 articles. 0 followers. Follow

In OneNote 2007 (and 2010) yes.  Right-click on your paragraph in OneNote
and choose "Copy Link to Paragraph".
--
-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, MVP

"Nickbray" <Nickbray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Are there bookmarks in OneNote, as in Word, so you can hyperlink to a
> specific location in OneNote from Excel, for example?
>
> Thanks!

1
Ben
3/8/2010 7:08:25 PM
Nickbray wrote:
> Are there bookmarks in OneNote, as in Word, so you can hyperlink to a
> specific location in OneNote from Excel, for example?

YesNo.
There are no "bookmarks" in the strict sense.

But one can create a hyperlink to each and any paragraph in ON
(right-mouse context menu) which is copied to the clipboard.
And this hyperlink can be inserted almost everywhere (in Excel, Word,
Outlook as well as in a shortcut on the desktop etc.).

Rainald

0
Rainald

Why can't i type on OneNote?
My keyboard is working but onenote locked the fonts and sizes and doesn't let me type anything on to my file. All my project jot-notes is due and i need it asap, and they are all on the program ...

linking to word bookmarks
I am trying to link from an excel cell to a bookmark in a word document. I get an error that excel cannot parse the word file. Any ideas. As much as i like excel i am wondering if i need to be using access. For linking to a Word bookmark: In the Hyperlink dialog, navigate to your word file. Add an octothorpe (#) and the bookmark name. e.g.: mydoc.doc#mybookmark Access vs. XL: See: http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/preview.aspx?AssetID=HA01042918103 3&CTT=4&Origin=CH011056861033 http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/modcore/ html/deovrW...

How to fill a bookmark in Wordml
Hello, I have a locked Word document (save as XML) in which I need to fill out the bookmark through ASP.NET And part of the xml is shown below: <aml:annotation aml:id="0" w:type="Word.Bookmark.Start" w:name="ContactName" /> <w:r> <w:rPr> <w:b /> <w:sz w:val="24" /> </w:rPr> <w:instrText> FORMTEXT </w:instrText> </w:r> .... .... <w:r> <w:rPr> <w:b /> <w:noProof /> <w:sz w:val="24" /> </w:rPr> <w:t></w:t> </w:r>...

OneNote Power Toy in Outlook
WinXP/MS Office 2003 After installing "Send to OneNote from Outlook" Power Toy I was unable to send messages from Outlook. The Outbox showed the message NOT in italics with Date:None and the message was just sitting there. By uninstalling the Power Toy, the problem went away. I tested it by installing again and was able to reproduce the same problem. After the removal, the problem did not exist anymore. Sent a message to Microsoft. Otto It's a known problem with that add-in. You can also solve it by not looking in your Outbox. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Micr...

Error message in Onenote
I have installed OneNote 2007 on my computer running Windows 7. I have received an error message in the General and Unfiled tabs that states that "This Section is from a later version of OneNote had installed OneNote and cannot be opened." I did previously install and then uninstall OneNote 2010 beta. Any suggestions on how to fix this error message would be appreciated. Thanks. -------- Original-Nachricht -------- > I have installed OneNote 2007 on my computer running Windows 7. I have > received an error message in the General and Unfiled tabs that s...

OneNote 2010 RTM Unfiled Notes Wiped Clean
I was able to open all my beta Notebooks and all data is healthy moving from the beta to RTM. Except Unfiled Notes. Unfiled Notes are empty. I assumed the new version just overwrote my Unfiled stored in the My Documents folder. I figured I would just go back to some of my older Acronis Image backups and drag the imaged Unfiled from pre-RTM backups. Problem is when I drag them to the desktop and attempt to open them with the new OneNote they all say there is only 4K of data and no files in them. Am I missing something here and I've possible lost the ability to view any ...

create bookmarks in publisher 2003 email newsletter
I'm trying to create an email newsletter with Publisher 2003 but I'm having trouble creating bookmarks. I'd like to have a section of titles that are links to that section of the email, but I can't seem to get it to work. Any ideas if this is possible with Publisher? "Jessica" <Jessica@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F7BECB2C-D002-4EED-975C-3861DE267065@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to create an email newsletter with Publisher 2003 but I'm having > trouble creating bookmarks. I'd like to have a section of titles that ar...

import/export bookmarks ..
Hi, Is it possible to export/import bookmarks from VS 2005? My work environment is using VSS. From time to time, I would have to override my local version of programs with the server's (when difference is too huge). Then I had everything new in the *.vcproj. However, bookmarks (or even debugging break points) are the ones that I don't want to lose. Just like visual options can be imported/exported, I wonder if I can do the same thing for bookmarks per sln (solution). Thanks for any help. Tony ...

Daily Journal powertoy in OneNote 2010
Hi, firstly I'm one of I'm sure many people who swear by OneNote. It is simply the best program for anyone who likes putting pen to paper and thanks to all who created it. I've used for some time a power toy Daily Journal which inserts at the press of shortcut a new page titled with that day's date, making it ideal for keeping a diary. I've just installed ON 2010 but the power toy won't work. Does anyone know of a workaround or an update? Many thanks More than likely, the addin needs to be updated for 2010 to support the new schema. It should sti...

Using Bookmarks and User Form within Outlook
Outlook 2007 Hello Gurus: I am attempting to put together what I’m sure is a rather simple macro within Outlook for an e-mail transmission. I am using bookmarks (for now using default names) whereby I fill in the appropriate blanks within the “User Form” in the hopes that the information from the User Form will be used to populate the applicable bookmarks within the Template. The process seems to work flawlessly within Word. However, in using Outlook, I receive an error: Compile Error: Variable not defined which applies to the underlined coding below *With Acti...

Onenote should have a way to turn tooltips off.
OneNote presents a tooltip whenever the cursor/pen hovers over a notebook, a page tab, etc. It is distracting and is really unnecessary. It might be of use to some folk, but not all. A switch should be added to allow the user to turn it off or on. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click &qu...

outlook sent to onenote
If I use outlook sent to onenote,the data will put it to bottom of the page,and use the subject to be title have any way 1.put it to top of the page? 2.use date be the title? many thanks peter coolp wrote: > If I use outlook sent to onenote,the data will put it to bottom of the > page,and use the subject to be title > have any way > 1.put it to top of the page? Are you talking about adding the mail to the current page? If si: there us bi iption to put it in top. > 2.use date be the title? There is no option either. Rainald ...

Make a bookmarker in Publisher?
My old Publisher program had a template for a bookmarker. The new one doesn't. Has anyone tackled this problem? If so, how? Draw a long skinny rectangle and fill it with an imaginative design? Shouldn't think you'd need a template for this one. "Kathy" <Kathy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FA6DE655-DFD4-49FD-BBB1-37AD892A8D6B@microsoft.com... | My old Publisher program had a template for a bookmarker. The new one | doesn't. Has anyone tackled this problem? If so, how? ...

OneNote Hyperlink Problem
A hyperlink in OneNote to a word document usually gives me the following message: "This action cannot be completed because the program to which you are navigating is busy." If however, I have a word document already open, then the hyperlink works perfectly every time. I have this problem on two different laptops both running Pentium (R) Dual-Core CPU's, but not on my desk-top running a Quad-Core CPU. ??? On Jan 23, 1:29=A0pm, Chris-s <Chri...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > A hyperlink in OneNote to a word document usually gives me the following &g...

Can i use slideshow on onenote 2007
I can use slideshow on powerpoint but can it be used in onenote 2007 patrots269 wrote: > I can use slideshow on powerpoint but can it be used in onenote 2007 What do you mean by "slideshow" in this context? Some third-party tool? PowerPoint is an application for creating and presenting "presentations" (often called "slideshows"). ON is an application for note-taking and gathering information. I can not see what a "slideshow" might have to do with that :-( :-( Rainald ...

Bookmark not working on subform
Greetings all. I have a main form/sub form set up, where the subform contains possibly hundreds of records, depending on filtering. On the subform, there is a button to open a popup to add a note. After the note is saved, I need to requery the subform to display the note. I am trying to use a bookmark, but it only works sometimes. If I add a note to a record that already has a note, the bookmark works. However, if I add a note to a record that does not currently have a note, it does not work, and returns to the first record upon the requery. Below is the sub, and I can not figure...

OneNote 2007 not syncing Notes from HTC p4600
I am running xp and Office 2007 sp2, Activesync 4.5 Windows Mobile 6.1 Installed the 'copy to device' widget. OneNote Mobile is in the activesync list and is checked. I have gone over nearly every single post, question, and answer related to OneNote syncing problems. None of the fixes suggested have fixed the problem which is Notes created on my HTC Fuze in OneNote mobile will sync to OneNote but Notes created and copied to OneNote Mobile will not show up on my Fuze. I have installed OneNote from my laptop to my mobile. Only thing I have not tried is deleting ...

OneNote
Good Morning All, Am new to one note and have a problem. I was in Outlook Calendar and pressed the Meeting Notes button to send the appointment to OneNote. when I went to OneNote, I clicked the Unfiled Notes button at the bottom left and found the page entry for my meeting. I wasn't paying attention and instead of moving the page on the left to the tab in the notebook I wanted, I moved the entire Unfiled Notes Tab to the notebook. Now, whenever I send a meeting notice etc from Outlook, it goes to that notebook. Since I have many notebooks, I want the unfiled notes t...

I want to calculate a date 1 year ahead of a date in a bookmark
I want to be able to calculate a new date 1 year ahead of a date that is stored or entered in a bookmark so that if the value under the bookm ark changes the calculated date value will also change. In Excel I can easily do date calculation but if it's available in Word help is NO help. Terry, See if something like this would work. Sub DateReCalc() Dim strOldDate As String Dim dteNewDate As Date strOldDate = ActiveDocument.Bookmarks("origDate").Range.Text dteNewDate = DateAdd("yyyy", 1, DateValue(strOldDate)) MsgBox dteNewDate End Sub Steve Y...

open MSWord doc at specific bookmark (ShellExecute?)
I'm happily using ShellExecute to open DOC files and URLs. I can append "#bookmark" to a URL for IE to open at the specific section of a page, but if I try the same with DOC files then it doesn't work - I don't even get the DOC file open. Am I expecting too much of ShellExecute? Is there some other technique for opening such files? Many thanks Steve Kearon "Steve Kearon" <stevek@fineline-software.co.uk> wrote in message news:us6dIMnhDHA.1272@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I'm happily using ShellExecute to open DOC files and URLs. > > I can a...

Pub 2007 to PDF with Bookmarks?
Need to know if I can preserve the bookmarks from Pub 2007, when converting to PDF using the plug-in provided by Microsoft. I have not been able to get anything to come over other than basic page layout. If you're interested: From the comparison chart of PDF-XChange Pro; "Includes PDF-Tools Application Bundle ? Offers Direct Raster Image2PDF creation, Scan2PDF directly, Text2PDF, Merge and separate PDF files, Create/Edit Bookmarks," <================================ "Add watermarks, PDF Overlays, Add Digitals Sigs*, Extract PDF Images& text* files t...

Acrobat bookmarks
I would like to tag sections of an access report so that when I convert it to pdf bookmarks will automatically appear. On Thu, 20 Mar 2008 13:17:00 -0700, marcia <marcia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: It is unlikely the Microsofties working on Acces were THAT friendly to their compadres at Adobe. You may have to use the Acrobat object model to add them. Adobe has an SDK available with the necessary documentation. -Tom. >I would like to tag sections of an access report so that when I convert it to >pdf bookmarks will automatically appear. ...

generating report from excel, trouble with bookmark..
Hi all, I am trying to generate couple of word documents from excel sheet. I start with word template file with enclosing bookmarks to insert text and objects from excel. I have to add three things to the word document. 1. project name 2. pad drawing 3. table of data I am able to successfully replace the bookmarks when I use text. But when I try to copy the drawing(a picture), it doesn't work. Also I try to copy a table that also doesn't work. I don't know what I am doing wrong. The code is shown below. Thanks in advance for correcting me with your suggestions. shishi Sub Gen...

Set Bookmark Range results in Type Mismatch
I'm writing a VBA program which copies information from Excel into bookmarks in Word. I originally wrote it to be run from the Word document, but it makes more sense to have it in Excel so I'm migrating it over. The original code worked, and used ActiveDocument throughout, which I've replaced with myDoc. However, when run it gives the Type Mismatch error when I try to set the bookmark range and I can't figure out why. myDoc is defined and works well in other places (for instance, if you add the line: msgbox myDoc.Bookmarks(BookmarkToUse) into this sub it corre...

Setting a bookmark from Access
- I am running an RunTime-Access 2000 and Word 2000. - I have an Access-form with a bound object. - When activating the object I want to put some of the data from my form into the Word-document. This is where my system crash! I manage to open the object, but if I try to call anything about bookmarks it crashes! I have tried : ***************** Dim WordObj As Object Dim WordDoc As Object Dim WordRange As Range With Forms![frmSosJournal]![Journal] .Enabled = True .Locked = False .Class = "Word.Document" .OLETypeAllo...