Backup OneNote files to CD

I lost a lot of my one note files when I purchased a new computer. I put them
on CD but could not restore them from CD. I did not use the backup facility,
as I am a new user of onenote and was unaware of this function. I now use
back up regularly. My question is: is this the correct way to save files so I
can put them on a CD and be able to restore them back in onenote should the
need arise? I don't want to take a chance of losing any more files.
--
John
onenote 551 articles. 0 followers. Follow

-------- Original-Nachricht --------

> I lost a lot of my one note files when I purchased a new computer. I put them
> on CD but could not restore them from CD.

Could you tell us what was the problem ?

  I did not use the backup facility,
> as I am a new user of onenote and was unaware of this function. I now use
> back up regularly. My question is: is this the correct way to save files so I
> can put them on a CD and be able to restore them back in onenote should the
> need arise? I don't want to take a chance of losing any more files.

For saving you can just "copy" the contents of your Backup folder to a CD.
Restore it to your standard folder "Onenote Notebooks", if necessary.

One hint:

After restoring from CD you have to reset the "read only" attribute of
each restored file.

Bernd
0
Bernd

Excel claims exclusive file may have been changed on save
Every time I work with one particular spreadsheet, I get a dialog indicating that the file may have been changed by another user whenever I try to save the workbook. - I have exclusive access to this file. - I am the only person making changes to the file. - There are no macros in this workbook. - My machine checks out as free of viruses and spyware. - I am at my wits end! Have a look at this KB Article "The file may have been changed..." error when you save workbook to network server in Excel 2002 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=324491 Myrna Larson also rep...

Visio 2002 Service Pack Update
Microsoft has released an update to Visio 2002 Service Pack 2 that corrects the problem with file sizes increasing after being saved in Visio 2002 SP2. The fix is posted as a hotfix patch that gets applied on top of Service Pack 2. You can get the update here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;890668 -- Mark Nelson Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Mark Nelson [MS] wrote: > Microsoft has released an update to Visio 2002 Service Pack 2 that corrects > the problem with file sizes inc...

DPM2010
I have 10 clients in a protection group, and after the first sync very little gets pushed daily, about 10MB-50MB on each sync on average. I have 1 client that is pushing over 1Gb on each sync with a total of only 10GBs pushed on the first sync. I'd like to be able to tell somehow why so much is getting pushed on each sync as these laptops sometime are on VPN connections and there is no way that much data could get transferred each day. What would be the best way to go about figuring this out. hi Kelly DPM Agent transfers only the files that have got changed(changed bl...

Automate Scripting of Jobs to a flat file
hI, Could anybody please point me in the direction of the best way to automate the scripting of jobs to a flat file. so far I have come u with following 1 use T-SQL in a job to iterate jobs, pull back the text and dump it to file using xp_cmdshell. 2 use a C# CLR to iterate jobs and dump them to a file. 3 Use an SSIS package and run it from a scheduled job. 4. Create custom C# code and run it from a job. If the C# / SSIS route is best then could anybody say the best way to do this - are there any methods availible to script jobs directly from C#? what I am trying to achie...

Missing "MSVCIRT.dll" file
I'm getting an error message that my "MSVCIRT.dll" file is suddenly missing. How am I to recover this file? Please advise. Thanks! John. See if the following KB article applies to you; http://support.microsoft.com/?id=302379 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "John" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4bd201c48985$f3d2f140$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I'm getting an error message that my "...

hello everybody.. question about .csv file...
i have a excel .CSV file that Gmail generated for me with my contacts in.. what i want to do is function that go over all the contacts emails one by one and deletes all missformated addresses that cannot be use to send email for them.. somthing like : if (the cell's text is not an valid email address) { delete the cell ; } to be honest i dont know much about excel so i need somthing from scratch.. thank you all very much.. A quick and dirty check would be to look for the @ character in the cell. You could insert a new column adjacent to the column with the data...

Can't get Word Mail Merge to find my Excel file of names and addre
I can't get my excel file to show up in the Select Data Source window. I clicked on "New Source" then selected ODBC DSN, selected Excel File, and got a Select Database and Table screen with no options for me, except ack and Cancel. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, can anyone help? Thanks. Marilyn Collins Did you navigate [using the Directories list] to the folder where your Excel file is stored? Double-Click the folders following the path to that directory. Once you get to a folder containing Excel files they will appear in the left list of Database Nam...

Export html page to Excel
After a html page is exported to Excel, if we try to save the file, a folder is automatically created at the same location with the name of the file suffixed with "_files" and contains filelist.xml and image001.emz files. Documentation says the following " When you publish an Excel workbook or worksheet as a Web page, Excel creates a supporting folder named "filename_ files" where it saves all the page's supporting files— such as bullets, background textures, and graphics. For example, if your file is named Page1.htm, Excel creates a subfolder named "...

Opening Excel file from Windows Explorer
When I try to open Excel from explorer Excel opens but the file does load. This is perculiar to Excel as all others work fine. I have tried the usual suspects like file associations with no results. Any ideas? Hi try the following: goto 'Tools-Options-General " and uncheck "Ignore other Applications" Exit Excel and try again If this doesn't work try to re-register Excel 1. Close Excel first and 2. On the Windows Taskbar 2.1 Start>Run "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)>OK. 2.2 Start>Run "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)>OK. -- Regar...

Manifest file
Hi everybody! I recently converted a VC++ 6.0 MFC project to Visual Studio .NET 2003. Then I added a manifest file so that it gets Windows 2000 and XP look. Then I converted it to Visual Studio .NET 2005. Now I get some warnings that seem related to this: ---------- FolderDialog.cpp CorrelationSaving.cpp ARACrypt.cpp Generating Code... Compiling resources... C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\atlmfc\include/afxres.h(28) : warning RC4005: 'IDR_MANIFEST' : redefinition Compiling manifest to resources... Linking... Embedding manifest... Creating browse information file... ----...

File Conversion
I use Money to run my small leasing company. My accountant does my company's financial reports and tax returns. He likes to use Quick Books and doesn't know anything about Money. He wants me to convert to Quick Books. Can I convert my Money file to Quicken which he then might be able to open in Quick Books? Greg Quicken does not convert Money files........ You can use the export/import features. Bob "Greg Robinson" <grobinson@custommaterials.com> wrote in message news:00fb01c35e9e$9dcbf8e0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I use Money to run my small leasing compan...

Lotus 123 files in XL 2007
I have an ancient Lotus 123 file (.wk1) that used to open fine in Excel 2002 but will not open in Excel 2007. Is there a way to make XL 2007 recognize it? Jeff On 5/19/2010 10:41 AM, Jeff@nospam.fake wrote: > I have an ancient Lotus 123 file (.wk1) that used to open fine in Excel > 2002 but will not open in Excel 2007. Is there a way to make XL 2007 > recognize it? > Jeff Solved the problem. Re-installed XL 2002 and saved the file as xls which then opened fine in XL 2007. "J...@nospam.fake" <J...@nospam.fake> wrote... >J...@nospam.fake wrote: ...

File consolidation
I have two excel files with workbooks laid out identically. Th wookbooks list all employess in column A and then all days of the year Employees access the file and highlight a day in yellow if they want i off. Unfortunatly two files were set up for the same purpose. I onl want one but employess have been using both. I want to consolidat these files. I basically want to import all the highlights from one t the other. I imagine a macro is in order -- Jon ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Jonl's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action...

File lock error
Hello all, We have users that work on MS Publisher 2003 documents on a shared folder. We keep getting an error when multiple users try to access the same file. The error is a file lock error. My question is this - Can MS publisher documents be shared so that multiple users can work on them ?? The NOS is Novell netware 6.5 Sp5. All clients are windows XP. thanks for any help in advance, Martin Reyes LHRIC ...

why are there quotes in my exported text file?
I saved an Excle file containing text into a tab delimeted text file and all the data is now in quotes. The file will be used as a input file to another progarm and the quotes will not be accepted. How can the quotes be left off? AlexK wrote: > I saved an Excle file containing text into a tab delimeted text file and all > the data is now in quotes. The file will be used as a input file to another > progarm and the quotes will not be accepted. How can the quotes be left off? Find and Replace. Find " and replace with - nothing! -- Interim Systems and Management Accounti...

Open a Lotus 1-2-3 file using Excel 2003
I was emailed a file saved in Lotus 1-2-3. I have Excel 2003 and get an error that it can't open Lotus 123 files. Surely if Word can open a WordPerfect document, Excel can open a Lotus 123 file. What am I missing? Excel cannot open files in the .123 format. It can read the older WK4 format. You might ask the sender to save a copy in the older format and send it to you. There is a program that can do the conversion, Conversions Plus from www.dataviz.com, but I doubt you want to spend $50 or whatever it is to open one file. -- Jim "Teri" <Teri@discussions.microsof...

copying .pst files to cd #2
i got a new computer, and i want to transfer my inbox and sent messages files from the old computer to the new one. however, my .pst archives do not show up in explorer or in my cd burner "explorer" and when i located the files through "find files" and then dragged them into the cd burner i/o box, it cannot see them and doesn't copy them onto the cd... how in the world do i do this seemingly simple thing: copying files onto a cd so i can transfer them to my new computer and then import them into my new computer's outlook? this is the most ridiculous thing ...

Outlook blocks me sending and recieving exe's (and other dangerous files!)
From what I have read so far it doesn't seem possible to stop Outlook from taking this (unreasonable) approach to filtering my email. Is there way of turning it off so Outlook can still be used? (I have installed it with Office XP). Thanks, Matt More info here: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! "Matt Thompson" <matt.thompson@sensonics.co.uk> wrote in message news:74bb679b.0307140122.7ee2fb96@posti...

Can not insert some PDF files into Outlook 2003
Acrobat 6.0 PRO, Windows XP, Office 2003 I get this error message: Can't create file: XXXXXX.PDF. Right click the folder you want to create the file in and then click properties on the shortcut menu to check your permissions for the folder. We are trying to insert some PDF files into an E-Mail message, using Outlook 2003. The file(s) reside on a network drive (have even tried copying the file ot the local HD and testing). Only 3 particular files give this error message, while other PDF, Excel, or Word files insert with no problems. These are not links, but the actual files. And...

Unable To Restore OE6 .DBX Files
Hi: I had some files in an OE6 local named folder "Kit" and deleted the folder in error. I created another folder by the same name and transferred some files to it before I realized the folder did not contain all the prior Kit.dbx files. I deleted this folder. When I open Windows Explorer and go to the Store Folder I can see the Kit.dbx file (49,512KB). However, when I follow the prior instructions to restore this folder by dragging it to the desktop and then creating a new folder in OE6 by the exact name and opening it and then closing OE6, then dragging the ...

Big picture questions
I am not accustomed to creating xml files programmatically. The big picture is this: This will be in VB/VS 2005/ winforms. I have a DTD, a sample XML, and an outside data source I will use to populate the XML. In general I think I know how to create elements and attributes and I'm sure I can hack something together but I'm wondering if I'm missing (or forgetting) a better way (other than a long line of hard-coded CreateElement commands). Suggestions please. ----- A related problem: the XML header, for lack of a better term. If we assume creation of an XmlDocument obje...

OneNote printer driver for Windows 7 64bit
Doesn't Microsoft have a driver to install? Dougj wrote: > Doesn't Microsoft have a driver to install? NO! The ON-printer functionality is not available under any 64-bit OS. For the reasons pls see: "OneNote 64 bit print driver" http://blogs.msdn.com/david_rasmussen/archive/2008/04/21/onenote-64-bit-print-driver.aspx There are several workarounds and - finally - a "solution" by the same author: "David Rasmussen: OneNote Print Driver – A 64 Bit Solution" http://blogs.msdn.com/david_rasmussen/archive/2009/04/22/onenote-print-driver-a-64-...

Deleting text files after use
I am opening up a text file and reading its contents. Once I am done processing the file I would like to remove it so the code knows not to repeat the process the next time that window is open. I can't seem to find a "TextFile_Delete" anywhere. Am I missing it somewhere? Thanks, Don Nevermind - I wrote this too soon. I found File_Delete. Sorry for the inconvenience... Don "rengeek33" wrote: > I am opening up a text file and reading its contents. Once I am done > processing the file I would like to remove it so the code knows not to repeat > the ...

?'s on Back up file from Money '02 to Money'04
I recently upgraded from Money 2002 to Money 2004 (removed '02 program 1st) and the back up file on my floppy won't inialize for Money '04, it keeps telling me that Money needs to be installed9even re-installed Money '02 but to no avail) and gives me the multi selection back up prompt; HD, FD, or repair a back up - which I've chosen several times to open but it always tells me that this isn't a Money file(even though it has a .mbf extensionon the floppy) and won't install. I'm stuck- any good ideas out there??? This has all my '03 Tax info on it...

PrintShop File Conversion
Is there any way to use files created in PrintShop in MS Publisher 2002? PaulR wrote: > Is there any way to use files created in PrintShop in MS Publisher > 2002? No. The only way would be to have both applications open and drag and drop or copy and paste between them, but any formatting unique to PrintShop will be lost. Thanks, I have many files created by PrintShop over the years, and I am now switching to Publisher. The work of cutting and pasting doesn't seem worth it. I'll just re-do the jobs I had done in PS. ...