A tradeoff between readability and file size?

What would you prefer guys - not pixilated graphics and great readability,
unfortunately by accepting big files, or the other way around? I got quite
disappointed when my crisp-clear PDF documents declined terribly when
printed to OneNote, and further from OneNote to my printer.

If there is no user-defined quality setting here, or a bug fix(?), the idea
of using Office OneNote 2007 as a "print queue" for later paper print-outs,
is lost!

Regards,

Henrik

__________ Information fr�n ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version av virussignaturdatabas 4903 (20100228) __________

Meddelandet har kontrollerats av ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.esetscandinavia.com

0
Henrik
3/1/2010 7:05:56 AM
onenote 551 articles. 0 followers. Follow

A tradeoff between readability and file size?
What would you prefer guys - not pixilated graphics and great readability, unfortunately by accepting big files, or the other way around? I got quite disappointed when my crisp-clear PDF documents declined terribly when printed to OneNote, and further from OneNote to my printer. If there is no user-defined quality setting here, or a bug fix(?), the idea of using Office OneNote 2007 as a "print queue" for later paper print-outs, is lost! Regards, Henrik __________ Information fr�n ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version av virussignaturdatabas 4903 (20100228) _________...

Problems with files attaches in windows mail
Can´t open files (xls, doc, etc etc) in windows mail. I´m windows Vista Home Premium. Please help. Thank you You must have either Microsoft Office or the free OpenOffice.org installed. "Deidos" <Deidos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4A8CD0F1-8858-41C4-85F5-2985B4F29571@microsoft.com... > Can´t open files (xls, doc, etc etc) in windows mail. I´m windows Vista > Home > Premium. Please help. > Thank you I have IE8 and Microsoft Office 2002 "Charles W Davis" wrote: > You must have either Microsof...

Cannot read PDF files
Facts: I have Adobe Acrobat 4.0. I have Internet Explorer and Earthlink dialup. I receive, read and forward many emails with PDF files attached. For months the only way I have been able to read the PDF files was by forwarding them (otherwise the file was blanked by a message something like "removed by OE"). For the last month or so, I can open the PDF file, but it is blank. However, when I forward the file, I can open and read it on another computer that also has Adobe 4.0. I am barely computer literate, but several fellow employees have tried to figure out the probl...

How can I transfer readable files from Adobe to MS Word?
I am trying to transfer an online application from Adobe to MS Word so I can fill it out and send it back to an employer via email. It lets me open the file in MS Word but I can't read it, like computer language. How can I make it readable and fill it out? You can't open a PDF in Word. Open it in Adobe Reader. If it's a fillable form, you can fill it out in Reader. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "mrsrobinson09" <mrsrobinson09@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...

Importing PDF files into Excel 2003
How do I import a PDF file into Excel 2003? I know I can convert PDF into a TXT file and then import data. However, if my PDF file has columns, the text file looses the columns and only keeps spaces, so I do not get a nice copy in Excel. Thanks for your help. Gerry Verschuuren Use 3rd party software to convert http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=PDF+transformer or use "Text to Columns" in Excel to clean up the paste Gerry Verschuuren wrote: > How do I import a PDF file into Excel 2003? I know I can convert PDF into a > TXT file and then import data. However, if m...

Downloading in Outlook 2003 creates a file "needs list" instead of d/l file
When I have an email with attachment, and I go to download it, it downloads it and sometimes renames it to "needs list". It is the same size as the original file, however it cant be opened by any known program. In this case, it should be a .dwg autocad file, but it has happened a couple of times. the name in the saveas box is correct, you download it, and go to that directory and what you were expecting to be there isnt, instead needs list is there. Anyone here of this before? I searched Google, and the newsgroups and the MShelp files, and found nothing. Any ideas woul...

file opening restrictions
I receive the NY Times headlines daily by email. Prior to today, I could click on any headline and the relevant story would open. Today, I get the following message. "This operation has been calceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." I * am* the administrator! Restarting Outlook does not help, nor a re-boot. Outlook 2007 and Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit. Something has modified the hyperlink handler settings in Windows. Did you perhaps install/uninstall another browser on your computer? Either way, for detai...

Strange Files
For about the past month I have been getting strange files on my C drive each time I receive email on Outlook. I am using Outlook 2000. It looks like each email received places a file on the C drive which contains all of the information in the email. These files have no known file extension. The problem started about the time I was trying to add a feature to archive emails and I selected something to do with Lotus Notes (which I don't have). I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Office 2000. This does not solve the problem. Any suggestions on how to get rid of this problem wo...

File unusually large
I have a Publisher file containing two pages that has been edited many times. The pages are simple, mostly text with a few small images (less than 400KB). However, the file is unusually large. The file is 22MB. I would estimate that the file should be less 1MB. Does Publisher accumulates historical information in the file. I know there was a problem with Word Doc that after many revisions, the file grows unusually large since deleted items are not really deleted from the file. Is there a "shrink file" option in Publisher? Thank you. Dan Publisher (not 2003) has the sa...

file encrypt
Recently I transfer all my files to a new computer. After the transfer, I tried to open a file on my computer with excel. It comes back that the document maybe read-only or encrypted. I did not make this read only or encrypt it. It was working fine before I move it to my new computer. could someone help me open this file? Thank you. One thought ... Did you transfer the files by copying them via a CD or DVD? If so, that can set the Read-Only flag (because the CD is seen as a read-only medium). If that's the case, go to explorer and right click the file and select Properties. A...

My email signature displays in a diff. size TT font than I set???
I set my name to display in Times New Roman, size 12, yet it shows up in a new email as Times New Roman, size 10. Size 14 or 18 work, but not size 10. Any ideas? ...

how do I convert an excel file to a flat text file
I need to convert an excel file to a flat text file with no decimals, commas, slashes or dashes Hi, Use File->Save as .. an select TXT file. -- http://blog.jausovec.net "Lannutslp" je napisal: > I need to convert an excel file to a flat text file with no decimals, commas, > slashes or dashes ...

Importing Office data file into Personal Folder
Using newly upgraded Win XP and Outlook 2002, I am unable to import to my Personal Folder a file labeled "outlook.pst" but file type Office data file. I have tried without success, using DB 287837, to convert the Office data file to an Outlook data file, but the conversion is not reflected in Win Explorer. Any suggestions? -- Chuck In news:188E8BDE-23D4-4907-86C7-6686B8CDE57E@microsoft.com, CTW67 <CTW67@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Using newly upgraded Win XP and Outlook 2002, I am unable to import > to my Personal Folder a file labeled "outlook.pst&...

Losing files with attachments and no NDR's received
Nightmare: incoming files with attachments arent' going through - they are small enough that they should be coming through. (I subsequently turned off the default receiving message size so that all attachments should come through and still no dice). I can track the messages in message tracking center, and see that it was submitted to "advanced queuing", submitted to the "categorizer", categorized and queued for routing and an NDR generated. But no NDR is actually received. Any ideas why not? I'd love to see what that NDR says at the very least. Any a...

how do i set up readability statistics in publisher

Check File Report
Hello all on the check file report we get 2 warning messages: "One or more attendance trxs does not exist in HR. If you reconcile attendance for HR, the missing trxs will be created." and "An Attendance transaction does not exist in Human Resources." I have looked both of these warnings in KB and the only article that i can find is KB article ID 936895. This article mentions get the latest service pack for version 9. We have GP 10 SP 4 and yet we still get this error. The situation is that these are contractors that we do payroll for and as such t...

file conversion #3
Can you please tell me why I am getting the file conversion dialogue box, when I try to open a text file from the internet. It's entirely possible that you have not associated your text files with an application. You can change the program that opens a file by right-clicking the file, clicking Open With, and then clicking the program name. If the program you want is not displayed, click Browse. In the future I recommend posting this type of question to the Windows newsgroups. This group pertains to Microsoft Publisher. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publisherm...

Excel missing file
I am a registered user of Office XP Pro. Excel will not start. It is missing a file. In the process of moving, disks in storage. Where can I go online to download the missing file? And, how? ...

Save File Dialog auto change file extension
Hi All, I am using the file dialog to obtain a proposed archive file name from the user. I would like to have this feature: when the user select different filter (different file type) the extention of the file name should be automatically changed to the select type, for example the original file name is abc.ini, when the user change fitler to *.log, the filename is then changed to abc.log. How can I achieve this? many thanks in advance. Timmy mdk wrote: > Hi All, > > I am using the file dialog to obtain a proposed archive file > name from the user. I would like to have this...

Receiving File sharing lock count exceeded in Access 2007
I have a 40,000 record comma delimited that imports into Access 2003 in 40 sec with no problems. The same file imported into Access 2007 chugs along for 10 minutes, then displays the error "File sharing lock count exceeded. Increase MaxLocksPerFile registry entry. I've increased the registry entry from its default to 2,000,000 with the same result. I've found no solution to my problem. Can anyone help? Hello, I understand that you enconter error message "File sharing lock count exceeded. Increase MaxLocksPerFile registry entry." You change the value MaxLock...

XP Office comments readable in Office2004?
Hello all, I have not been able to find out if this possible or not - Can Office 2004 read embedded comments made in Office XP? This is an important cross platform feature that seems to have been left out. any help would be appreciated, .....colin No, that's a known bug, recorded for Word on the Microsoft Knowledge Base: <http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=841985> Your feedback here on the issue should be recorded. Alternatively, you can send feedback on Office by going to Help > Send Feedback in any Office application. On 7/19/04 2:24 PM, in article 0001HW.BD2198180014A8...

File in 2007 form
I was trying the Beta Office 2007 and made the mistake of saving one of you Excel file in the new 2007 form. I really need it back in the 2003 form. Problem: due to a variety of issues, I de-installed the Beta version and went back to 2003 but for got about the one file.. So; are there any utilities that anyone knows of the will convert this file back two 2003 form?? It is a simple Excel file, meaning that there are no clever or fancy formula or macros, just a collection of parts and part numbers gathered over MUCH time surfing various web sites. Any help or advise (beside the obvious....

2006 file invlink.xml prevents web access
Money 2006, windowsXPSP2 Basic problem is that any attempt to go to the network by clicking on various buttons doesn't work. (e.g.) in money home page clicking on 'investing' 'planning' or 'taxes' doesn't work. The links WILL work if the file invlink.xml is removed! (C:documents & settings\my-name\local settings\application data\microsoft\money\15.0\webcache\invlink.xml) There is nothing obviously wrong about this file it is dated 8/31 and appears to have been come from invlink.cab. Looking at norton's log files it appears that an attempt was made...

Cannot find the file
when i try to syncronize music from my mp3 player to my computer i get the following error message: Cannot find the file. im using windows media player 11 for xp. ...

CRM Database Log Files Getting Very Large
Does anyone know why the database log file for the MSCRM database would be growing exponentially large? I setup MS CRM in a test environment, and haven't even added any data to the database yet. But in the few weeks that the server has been running, the MSCRM log file has grown to over 6G. A full database backup is done every night using Veritas. I've tried backing up and truncating the log files also, but it didn't reduce the size of the log files either. The log file shrinking option in SQL Enterprise Manager indicates that the file can be shrunk, but only be a small a...