Who here still uses old Office 2000 SP3?

I do in my old, updated Windows XP Pro. SP3 machine. I rarely use Office
anymore so it doesn't bother me. I also have the 2007 file format
conversion pack and the latest updates before MS stopped supporting
Office 2000. :)
--
"Better (to be) an ant's head than a lion's tail." --Armenian and Maltese
    /\___/\         Phil./Ant @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site)

I do not "use" MSO 2000 as my Office suite (have 2007 Ultimate and now
using 2010 Pro). I cannot do without--will not do without--the MS
Office 2000 Shortcut Bar. I have used it with Office XP and Office
2007 for years. It is working beautifully, as always, with MS Office
2010. Just requires installing it LAST (after the Office suite that
you are going to use) and doing a custom install of ONLY the Shortcut
Bar on the Tools menu.

I live in fear that MS will find some way to really kill it in a
future version of Office <g>--for now, I can expect to have it for at
least three years until the next MSO version come out.
0
LaModiste
5/20/2010 1:14:50 AM
"LaModiste" <Kateri@msn.com> wrote in message
>I do not "use" MSO 2000 as my Office suite (have 2007 Ultimate and now
> using 2010 Pro). I cannot do without--will not do without--the MS
> Office 2000 Shortcut Bar. I have used it with Office XP and Office
> 2007 for years. It is working beautifully, as always, with MS Office
> 2010. Just requires installing it LAST (after the Office suite that
> you are going to use) and doing a custom install of ONLY the Shortcut
> Bar on the Tools menu.
>
> I live in fear that MS will find some way to really kill it in a
> future version of Office <g>--for now, I can expect to have it for at
> least three years until the next MSO version come out.

Why not just put the Office products that you want to be available only one
click away onto the Quick Launch Bar, and be done with the Office Shortcut
Bar?

With the advent of the Quick Launch Bar that allows any of your favorite
applications to be only one click away, instead of the Office Shortcut Bar
that only holds Office applications, why do you keep the shortcut bar?

0
Jeff
5/20/2010 1:29:33 AM
On May 19, 9:29=A0pm, "Jeff Strickland" <crwlrj...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> "LaModiste" <Kat...@msn.com> wrote in message

> >I do not "use" MSO 2000 as my Office suite (have 2007 Ultimate and now
> > using 2010 Pro). I cannot do without--will not do without--the MS
> > Office 2000ShortcutBar. I have used it with Office XP and Office
> > 2007 for years. It is working beautifully, as always, with MS Office
> > 2010. Just requires installing it LAST (after the Office suite that
> > you are going to use) and doing a custom install of ONLY theShortcut
> >Baron the Tools menu.
>
> > I live in fear that MS will find some way to really kill it in a
> > future version of Office <g>--for now, I can expect to have it for at
> > least three years until the next MSO version come out.
>
> Why not just put the Office products that you want to be available only o=
ne
> click away onto the Quick LaunchBar, and be done with the OfficeShortcutB=
ar?

> With the advent of the Quick LaunchBarthat allows any of your favorite
> applications to be only one click away, instead of the OfficeShortcutBar
> that only holds Office applications, why do you keep theshortcutbar?

LOL--what makes you think that the Shortcut Bar only holds MSO
applications??? I have 156 applications on 9 Shortcut Bars--all in the
same installation/different colors for each of the 9 sliding bars.
That is what makes it so great--everything is right there. I tried the
Jumplists in Win7--completely unsatisfactory.

HOWEVER--today I have found a replacement for my old Shortcut Friend.
Works the same way (multiple groupings/subdirectories) and does not
"tell" MSO2010 that another MSO is "installed" which may be causing a
small problem. It's Winstep's Nexus Ultimate 10.4.

I'm preparing for the delivery of the MSO2010 disks...and saying
goodbye to an old friend.
0
LaModiste
6/3/2010 1:18:28 AM
On May 19, 9:29 pm, "Jeff Strickland" <crwlrj...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> "LaModiste" <Kat...@msn.com> wrote in message

> >I do not "use" MSO 2000 as my Office suite (have 2007 Ultimate and now
> > using 2010 Pro). I cannot do without--will not do without--the MS
> > Office 2000ShortcutBar. I have used it with Office XP and Office
> > 2007 for years. It is working beautifully, as always, with MS Office
> > 2010. Just requires installing it LAST (after the Office suite that
> > you are going to use) and doing a custom install of ONLY theShortcut
> >Baron the Tools menu.
>
> > I live in fear that MS will find some way to really kill it in a
> > future version of Office <g>--for now, I can expect to have it for at
> > least three years until the next MSO version come out.
>
> Why not just put the Office products that you want to be available only
> one
> click away onto the Quick LaunchBar, and be done with the
> OfficeShortcutBar?
>
> With the advent of the Quick LaunchBarthat allows any of your favorite
> applications to be only one click away, instead of the OfficeShortcutBar
> that only holds Office applications, why do you keep theshortcutbar?

LOL--what makes you think that the Shortcut Bar only holds MSO
applications??? I have 156 applications on 9 Shortcut Bars--all in the
same installation/different colors for each of the 9 sliding bars.
That is what makes it so great--everything is right there. I tried the
Jumplists in Win7--completely unsatisfactory.

HOWEVER--today I have found a replacement for my old Shortcut Friend.
Works the same way (multiple groupings/subdirectories) and does not
"tell" MSO2010 that another MSO is "installed" which may be causing a
small problem. It's Winstep's Nexus Ultimate 10.4.

I'm preparing for the delivery of the MSO2010 disks...and saying
goodbye to an old friend.

<JS>
You can put anything onto the Short Cut Bar, but why? You can put the same
things onto the Quick Launch Bar.

I guess that under my rock, it makes no sense to have nine shortcut bars
sutffed full of 156 different applications. The whole point of the shortcut
bar -- and quick launch, for that matter -- is to let you identify a handful
of applications that you need to get to with a single click and not have
them take up lots of real estate on the screen. When you put every
application you own onto nine different shortcut bars, this pretty much
defeats the purpose. But hey, that's just me. I have 15 or so icons on the
Quick launch Bar so I can get them open with a single click, and the others
on the Desktop where I get at them with a single click, then a double click
to start the one I need. If I do this enough times with the same
application, I drag it to the Qucik Launch and revaluate the need for one of
the existing icons to be on the Quick Launch.

I was a big fan of the Office Shortcut Bar in the olden days before Quick
Launch. I kept lots of different things there, but it takes up an entire
border of the screen, so one may as well put all of the apps they can onto
the shortcut bar. I mean, if the bar is gonna take the space anyhow, it may
as well be filled with icons. But I have to question the usefulness of nine
shortcut bars filled with 156 applications.

Seems you need to put on your Systgem Programmer's hat and develop a
shortcut bar. I just drag the Task Bar to give three rows of icons, and then
drag the border of the Quick Launch bar to the right so the space will hold
the icons I want.

</JS>

0
Jeff

use excel to create PP slides?
I'm not sure if this is possible but I have a list of information in an excel table and I'd like to auto matically generate a slide for each row of data. for instance, I have a list of products and each product is on it's own row with 6 product features in the following columns. How can I take that info from excel and create a features slide for each product using the information from the following columns. I don't mind cutting and pasting the list - it doesn't have to be fully automatic but as I have over 1000 products I desperately don't want to reype ...

Outlook still hanging
I have followed the advice from my last message - I have renamed the file to outcmd.old and I have disabled messenger in the Options. The problem only occurs when I try to send/receive. If I turn off send/receive every thing is OK but as soon as I try to manually receive or on opening, Outlook freezes still. please help Peter ...

vlookup uses only first 8 characters of the lookup value?
Has anyone else noticed this? VLOOKUP seems to use only the first 8 characters of the lookup value, so both lookup values 12345678 and 123456789 will match a table array value of 12345678. Anyone know of a way to change this so it uses all characters of the lookup value? On 29 Jul., 20:16, eggman2001 <sod...@gmail.com> wrote: > Has anyone else noticed this? VLOOKUP seems to use only the first 8 > characters of the lookup value, so both lookup values 12345678 and > 123456789 will match a table array value of 12345678. Anyone know of a > way to change this so it uses all chara...

Using MSFlexGrid in CDialog
Hello, I have a problem using (or trying to use) a MSFlexGrid object in a CDialog !!!!! As I put a new object MSFlexGrid in my CDialog, when I try to display it with the DoModal() function, I have no error but it returns -1. In the online help that means that the function could not create the dialog box .... If I just delete the graphic object in my Dialog, the function DoModal() rocks ... Is there any thing I forget to do ??? Cause I used it in VC++ 6 and it worked, but not under dotnet.... Waiting for some answers ..... Don't you forget somehow to call AfxEnableControlContainer() in...

Ipac 1910 and Outlook 2000 Please Help
I installed ActiveSync 3.7.1 and connection wizard, etc. but when I sync from Outlook to my HP pocket pc, I don't have all my folders...Contacts, Calendar, Tasks. In ActiveSync Options, it says these items are not installed but they are on both machines. When I set up a Partnership is also shows that Contacts, Tasks, and Calendar are not installed, again both machines have these folders installed. What gives? ...

How to set CEdit to ReadOnly but the background color still White?
I use Visual C++ MFC 4.2. I want to set all my CEdit controls to read only but I want to keep the WHITE BACKGROUND appearance. How to do that? Thank you very much. Handle WM_CTLCOLORSTATIC. -- Ajay "Landon" <Landon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3C081A07-E979-42C5-B56B-8F151B440757@microsoft.com... >I use Visual C++ MFC 4.2. > > I want to set all my CEdit controls to read only but I want to keep the > WHITE BACKGROUND appearance. > > How to do that? > > Thank you very much. I've tried it and it works. But I've got 2 M...

Use these corrective package from M$ Corporation
--hrzpoebtplso Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="bzcyrenhczytyae"; type="multipart/alternative" --bzcyrenhczytyae Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="gxxfwibyn" --gxxfwibyn Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to ...

Money 2000 #18
Suddenly, Money 2000 has started deleting the cleared (reconciled) status of transactions in my household account. This causes my account to require re-balancing for several months back. Can someone tell me what causes this problem, and how I can prevent it from happening again? ...

using the 'Convert' function
Wish to convert CBM [Cubic Meter] to FT3 [Cubic Feet] andy suggestions on what the formula should be..? TY =CONVERT(CONVERT(CONVERT(1,"m","ft"),"m","ft"),"m","ft") "M-A H" wrote: > Wish to convert CBM [Cubic Meter] to FT3 [Cubic Feet] andy suggestions on > what the formula should be..? > TY According to Google, 1 cubic meter = 35.3146667 cubic feet. So, I guess you'd simply multiply the cm by 35.3146667 and use some rounding. To 2 decimal places? A1 = cm = 10 B1 = 35.3146667 =A1...

Use of F11 option
How can I ensure that what I hace published fills the screen when a viewer uses the F11 [full secreen] option? Don't worry about it. Unless you have a specific application in mind, such as a Kiosk at a show of some sort, design your pages to fit the most common browser sizes - aim at 970px wide (for 1024px wide browser portal) or 760px wide (for 800px wide portal). Anything else will probably ruin the layout or make it difficult to use - For example, any block of normal sized text wider than 650px is difficult to read. Expand that block to fit my 2560px wide screen (if I ever open t...

I want to use excel to keep track of my book collection, but I have a question...
Hi, I want to create a database of sorts using excel to keep track of my book collection, but I have a question. Essentially for each book listed on a row I want a column for each of the following: book title, author, publisher, year, and genre. I've used Excel before and have seen a spreadsheet with a worksheet like the above which had a second worksheet that had a button marked "Add book details" When you clicked it you filled the info above into a few boxes and then it would actually add the info you typed in, into the first worksheet and even sorted it into the corr...

Installing Money 2003 on new PC..what files to copy from old PC?
I have purchased a new PC (Windows XP). To move Money 2003 to the new one, I assume that I would just install Money from the original CD. My question is, what files do I need to copy from my old PC? (old PC was Windows 98) Thanks, Tommy Flynn Your .MNY file(s). And you will need to move most of the Money Tools|Options settings by hand. Worst case for these is printer check alignment settings. "Tommy Flynn" <tflynn@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:bfbff0$fjf$1@slb9.atl.mindspring.net... > I have purchased a new PC (Windows XP). To move Money 2003 to the new one...

incremental counter using VBA
i need to generate a sequential number so that when i type 15 into on spread sheet, it keeps a record of the number on the next and the automatically issues me the next number, for example the number 1 would pop up next. i was told i need to use VBA to do this but i have very basic knowledge of microsoft excel and have no clue how to use it so please be very detailed and as simple as possible in your answer Thanks El -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Eli how are you using this? where you do want to enter the number 15 where do you want to see the number 16 - under what ...

How to use integration mgr to post many debits with one entry numb
I have an existing integration that reads a header spreadsheet and a detail spreadsheet and then makes a separate journal entry for each pair of debits and credits. I want to change this integration so all the debits and credits use the same journal entry. I want to make a single journal entry with many debits and credits. I’m having trouble figuring out how to do this as an integration through the integration manager. Can you help me out? You will need to relate the header record to all the details in the second file. For example, by transaction date or simply by mak...

CRM 3 STILL NOT GOOD
Just tried CRM 3 on the demo servers provided by Microsoft. After ALL THE TIME they spent on it . . . and it's STILL NOT AS GOOD AS IT SHOULD BE! It lacks basic functionality found in earlier versions of ACT. And much is not intuitive (such as searching for accounts). I will not enjoy rolling this out to the sales reps as they will say that it's still not good. Even if you add a module like marketing, and yet neglect the basic problems with the software, you still don't have a truly good product. -- Brandon What sort of search functionality were you looking for ?. ...

Need "Out of Office Assistant " Access
I use Microsoft Office 2003 with the XP Service Pack 2 Download. Please let me know if there is any way I can set up an Out of Office Assistant. I need to know how to get and Exchange Server e-mail account for my business: Journeys far & Near, LLC for which I use this computer. I am a self-employed person operating as an independent contractor under that company name - without a complicated set-up, but with a professional grade Dell Latitude D600 computer and Windows XP Professional. I've been working with Windows since 3.0, and with PC's since the XT, although my bus...

Offline synch using XML web-services

RAID 10 still best for DB's?
We run Exchange 2003 Enterprise. We have 3 Mailbox stores which had 1-2 databases in each and each maiailbox store in on a RAID 10 partition. We use to have them on RAID 5 at it was very slow sometimes, our average writes/reads to disk per second were sometimes hitting > 50 msecs. Now on RAID 10 we sometimes get the odd >30 msecs but many when backups are running. We are going to be upgrading our server soon, would RAID 10 be the best way? Plus we will eventually upgrade this new server to Exchange 2007. On Fri, 13 Apr 2007 08:00:11 +0100, "Gonzo" <no@no.com> ...

Object Reqired Error Using Kill
I use an ocx in a form, but I want to delete the ocx before the program ends. So, I unload the form and try to execute the instruction Kill My.ocx. But, I get an Error 424 "Object required" error. Is it impossible to delete an ocx that was used at any time in an app even if the form where it was used no longer exists? jim evans wrote: > I use an ocx in a form, but I want to delete the ocx before the > program ends. So, I unload the form and try to execute the > instruction Kill My.ocx. But, I get an Error 424 "Object required" > error. Is it impo...

Office 2004 programs won't launch
My wife has a Macbook that has consistantly had trouble launching any office application. If you double click on ANY office application (including updaters or install scripts), the icon bounces for a moment and then nothing (it goes back it's original state). I have tried everything I could think of, including: - Remove all copies of office any office files I can find - repair permissions with disk utility - Reinstall (can only drag copy to reinstall as the install program exhibits the same behavior) Rinse and repeat... This is causing a great deal of grief (I suggested that she buy the...

calculate age using BD and (TODAY)
I would like to have the current age calculated in an excel spread sheet and am having trouble with the formula. Any help appreciated. TIm =YEAR(B1)-YEAR(A1) will give you age in whole number. Regards. Bill Ridgeway Computer Solutions "Tim" <Tim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BD058324-F67A-4F84-8218-9FC403676E31@microsoft.com... >I would like to have the current age calculated in an excel spread sheet >and > am having trouble with the formula. Any help appreciated. TIm "Bill Ridgeway" <info@1001solutions.co.uk> wrote in ...

Still losing pictures
I am still losing my graphics! Here is what has happened: Originally, I started to edit an existing file. Most of the pictures were already there. I added some pictures and text using the insert picture from file method. After saving and re-opening the next day, I had lost all of the old images but still had the ones that I had just added. I replaced all of those pictures using the graphics Manager by clicking on the empty picture in the Graphics Manager and selecting replace picture. After saving and re-opening the next day, now they are all gone. I am using windows metafile images. Today,...

How to setup Outlook EMAIL for OUT OF OFFICE
My wife asked me how to set up MS OFFICE OUTLOOK for out of office assistant. I thought she was just being stupid then ... I soon discovered I must be too. The help menu says ... the following but I how do I can't seem to find the "Out of office assistant" so ... either I've smoked too much good stuff, I am not in the MS Exhange Server or, there is something wrong with the instructions. I've smoked too much to know which it is. Any ideas? cc: MS help menu below: This feature requires you to be using a Microsoft Exchange Server e-mail account. 1.. To turn out ...

repeat question....still looking for an answer
how are people handling the situation of no salesperson ID being transferred over from CRM to Great Plains on the customer card? Also how are people handling the situation of no tax schedule ID available in CRM? I'm told that my customer class ID in GP will have to be set up with a default tax id - THIS DOESN'T MAKE SENSE. Without a salesperson ID or a tax schedule ID it creates a lot more work for my accounting dept. they will have to go into every card in GP and add in the correct tax id and then they have to go to crm to find out who owns the account, go back to GP and ...

Outlook 2007 (RTM) New Mail Notification still not fixed?
I've searched the groups and found people experiencing problems with the new mail notification in Outlook 2007. The main problem is that the mail icon in the system tray will only appear when new mail arrives in the DEFAULT store inbox and stays there. If a rule moves the email to a different folder, no mail icon will show up, nor will it show up if email is delivered to an INBOX, but one that is not the default store (i.e. when using an exchange account and a POP account). So....I'm using the final Enterprise version, and the problem still exists. Rules can be created to show the...