Unable to install office - Error 25004

Thanks in advance for any help.

I recently purchased Office Ultimate 2007 Home and Student. Installation
goes fine until half way through where the install wizard stops and the
following error message appears:

Error 25004 - Config.xml not specified. Valid config.xml file must be
authored when deploying '(null)'

The installer then rolls back the changes made.

I have read several posts which mention this issue and have followed all
advice to no effect. I have manually uninstalled all office products
currently on my system to ensure there are no conflicts.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this issue? Thanks!

I have the same problem tried almost everything, if you find any solutions
please let me know.

"marpit59" wrote:

> Thanks in advance for any help.
>
> I recently purchased Office Ultimate 2007 Home and Student. Installation
> goes fine until half way through where the install wizard stops and the
> following error message appears:
>
> Error 25004 - Config.xml not specified. Valid config.xml file must be
> authored when deploying '(null)'
>
> The installer then rolls back the changes made.
>
> I have read several posts which mention this issue and have followed all
> advice to no effect. I have manually uninstalled all office products
> currently on my system to ensure there are no conflicts.
>
> Does anyone have any idea how to fix this issue? Thanks!
I also have this problem. after i installed windows 7 ultimate 64bit
I had it working on the RC and when i reinstalled. would give the same
error.
0
Sean
3/14/2010 6:56:17 AM
I too am having the same problem.  I want to throw my computer against the wall.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!
0
Jon
4/11/2010 4:11:48 AM
Jon

Start a new thread. This one has died and does not concern you or your issue. State
the Office version and  your OS version, Thanks

--
Peter

"Jon" <user@msgroups.net/> wrote in message
>I too am having the same problem.  I want to throw my computer against the wall.
>Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!
>
> ---
> frmsrcurl:
> http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.office.setup/Unable-to-install-office-Error-25004

0
Peter
4/11/2010 4:22:08 AM
MS office 2007 Basic install error in Windows 7 64 bit - "Error 25004 - Config.xml not specified. Valid config.xml file must be authored when deploying '(null)'"
No email without it!  Please help!
0
Jay

Excel in Office for Mac 2008 features
I've had Excel crash numerous times the first day using it. THe Auto Save feature does not seem to be working. Each time it crashes it brings back the old saved spreadsheet with none of the changes. Auto Save is set to 10 minutes and sometimes it had been hours and still reverted back to the old saved sheet and not the updated autosaved one. In article <ee8a70d.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, Foosh@officeformac.com wrote: > I've had Excel crash numerous times the first day using it. THe Auto Save > feature does not seem to be working. Each time it crashes it brings back th...

Install 2005 without converting my quicken file
I want to run both quicken and money on the same computer. How do I install Money 2005 without converting my Quicken file. I want to start Money from "Scratch." In microsoft.public.money, Paul wrote: >I want to run both quicken and money on the same computer. How do I install >Money 2005 without converting my Quicken file. Even if you "convert" your Quicken file, you could still run both. I believe that Money only reads your .qdf and does not change it. > >I want to start Money from "Scratch." Tell Money you do not want to convert. It will a...

Outlook crashing with v3c installed
Hi All Outlook is crashing as mentioned in article KB931270 except with outlook 2007. The supposed fix is part of KB925874 however I am not in one of the affected time zones and the fix is quite intensive meaning updates to Windows, Exchange, CRM Server and Client machines. Can anyone suggest whether I should install the patches in this situation? Ian ------=_NextPart_0001_7CA384A5 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Ian, You can still get the hotfix separately. Normally a support incident is free if it is for a hotfix. So, you could open a support incide...

home-cinema-installers.co.uk home cinema installation
if you need a superb 'home cinema installation' (http://www.home-cinema-installers.co.uk) then we give you a outstanding finnish. Thank You -- Addessapelamb ...

font installation data
How can I find out which application (not which user) installed a given font on my PC? I do NOT want to know if the font is not an original Windows font at all, I want to know why and when it was installed. On 24/12/2009 11:19, Horst Heinrich Dittgens wrote: > How can I find out which application (not which user) installed a given > font on my PC? > > I do NOT want to know if the font is not an original Windows font at > all, I want to know why and when it was installed. There is no standard way of recording this data. You may be able to get the date from th...

Office 2007 Excel
Every time i open Excel 2007 i get the following; "The file you are trying to open,'PDFMaker.OLDxla',is in a different format than specified by the file extension. Verify that the file is not corrupted and is from a trusted source before opening the file. Do you want to open the file now?" I pressed CTRL+Shift+I and receive the folowing id 101786 however I could not find anything relating to the above. As a note you have to press NO two times before you can get into excel. Hope I got this in the correct discution group. If you're not using the pdfmaker.* addin, how...

Auto Except install
I want to install this, but will I be prompted to reboot the server? Do I need to do this off hours? thanks Hi Installing the Auto Accept Agent does not require a server reboot. -- Mark Fugatt Microsoft Limited This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "spepi" <spepi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F3E74ABD-4701-492C-8DA4-BDCDF18511A4@microsoft.com... >I want to install this, but will I be prompted to reboot the server? > > Do I need to do this off hours? > > thanks > Thanks Mark. Now t...

Unable to open calendar

Updates won't install
These 3 updates have been installed repetedly and each time it shows they have been installedhowever, the updates ready to install icon keeps showing back up saying these updates are ready to install AGAIN! And I have tried turning off spyware and anivirus to install and have restarted several times. Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 Update for Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP x86 (KB982524) Download size: 0 KB , 0 minutes (Downloaded; ready to install) This update addresses a set of known issues of the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1. ...

unable to scroll the page

How install addt'l payroll users license
I have just purchased a license for 101-250 employees in payroll and am having trouble figuring out how to install the license key. Can anyone help me with this? Tools - Setup - System - Registration Keys You might need your system password to be able to access the Reg keys. Have all users exit out before changing the keys. Kevin "Melanie Wagner" wrote: > I have just purchased a license for 101-250 employees in payroll and am > having trouble figuring out how to install the license key. Can anyone help > me with this? ...

Unable to start POP3, NNTP, IMAP4...

RMS Installation
We recently acquired a new client (single location outdoor mercandizer) with an existing RMS installation. One of our first tasks was to install a new workstation and add RMS. Upon installation on the desktop, I can connect to the SQL database on the "server" with Store Operations Administrator, but NOTHING happens with Store Operations Manager except a dialogue box stating it can't hit the database. How do I point SOM to the database???? Thanks in advance for the help!!! Symmessooner in SO Administrator - File/Configuration Make sure you log into Windows as an admi...

Unable to conect

office files on DFS share
Hello everyone, how does an office (excel) file behave if it is opened, edited ans saved on two different locations and then replicated to the central location through DFS? Is there any algorithm to ersolve conflicts? I could not find any whitepaper on this until now. Thank you. -- The sun is shining. ...

Office v.x corrupted download?
Anyone having problems downloading version 10.1.3 of the Office v.x software for Mac from Microsoft's Mactopia website - under Mac downloads? I have tried downloading both the .bin and the .hqx versions and both seem to be corrupted. I need to download this so I can move on to 10.1.5, which is the most recent version. Anybody have suggestions? On 8/15/04 4:12 PM, in article c90314a9.0408151512.5de1569@posting.google.com, "themamster" <mullen@collezioneusa.com> wrote: > Anyone having problems downloading version 10.1.3 of the Office v.x > software for Mac from Micro...

Letter Writing Assistant does not work with Office 2007
Letter Writing assistant will display documents created with version 2003 but when a new document is to be created with 2007, fields are not available to add. When I create that same document in Office 2003, those fields are available. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in th...

Problem installing
I have an older copy of Money (3.0) that I attempted to install on a ME machine. Installation starts , then error comes up stating, can't find file msetup.EXE on system. I had this installed on my older 98 machine and it installed no problem. Any solutions out there? ...

MSXML6 C++ unable to locate node

'OWA was unable to get to your inbox'

Unable to display the folder (have I lost my mail?)
I've just transferred all my mail from my mac via IMAP, and rather laboriously set up all my rules to get all my mailing lists in separate folders etc. Outlook has just decided that it can't display the two biggest folders because e:\documents and settings\administrator\local settings \application data\microsoft\outlook\outlook.pst is in use and cannot be accessed. The file does not exist. I assume my mail is gone and I have to go and throw it at the IMAP server again, but could anyone tell me why this has happened and how to stop it from happening again? Is this all on a Mac?...