Setup cannot find proplus.ww\office64ww.msi

I've seen quite a few people report this problem online but cannot find any
solutions that work for me...

I have a new PC with Vista 64 on it and I'm trying to install MS Office
2007.  I have a valid 2-user licence for Office 2007 Pro-Plus (bought for my
son from a certified MS partner/educational reseller) with one licence still
free.  When I try to install Office from the CD I get a message halfway
through the install saying "Setup cannot find proplus.ww\office64ww.msi,
browse to a valid installation source and then click ok".  If I browse to the
install disk and click OK then the system just comes up with the same error
message again.

Based on suggestions found on various forums I have tried copying the
contents of the CD to my hard drive and running the install from there but I
still get the same error.

I have tried uninstalling all previous Office installations using the
official MS tool (from http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971179/#FixedAlways)
before performing the new install but this doesn't help either.

In frustration I decided to give up on Pro Plus and see if I could install
the Office Home & Student edition, for which I also have a spare licence
available (bought from Amazon), and I still get the same error, the only
difference being that the "missing" file is in the homestudentr.ww folder
rather then the proplus.ww one.

Can anyone tell me what I have to do to get MS Office working on my lovely
new Vista 64 machine?

Thanks in advance

Indie Blue

Free telephone support is available for you from MS since you have a legal Office
2007 Pro Plus which is a VL version. Have all your documentation on hand

Here you will find the Phone numbers and email addresses as to where and whom to
contact about Office Enterprise\Pro Plus and your issue.
Scroll down to the bottom of page to North America
https://licensing.microsoft.com/eLicense/L1033/overview.asp
..

--
Peter

"Indie Blue" <IndieBlue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've seen quite a few people report this problem online but cannot find any
> solutions that work for me...
>
> I have a new PC with Vista 64 on it and I'm trying to install MS Office
> 2007.  I have a valid 2-user licence for Office 2007 Pro-Plus (bought for my
> son from a certified MS partner/educational reseller) with one licence still
> free.  When I try to install Office from the CD I get a message halfway
> through the install saying "Setup cannot find proplus.ww\office64ww.msi,
> browse to a valid installation source and then click ok".  If I browse to the
> install disk and click OK then the system just comes up with the same error
> message again.
>
> Based on suggestions found on various forums I have tried copying the
> contents of the CD to my hard drive and running the install from there but I
> still get the same error.
>
> I have tried uninstalling all previous Office installations using the
> official MS tool (from http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971179/#FixedAlways)
> before performing the new install but this doesn't help either.
>
> In frustration I decided to give up on Pro Plus and see if I could install
> the Office Home & Student edition, for which I also have a spare licence
> available (bought from Amazon), and I still get the same error, the only
> difference being that the "missing" file is in the homestudentr.ww folder
> rather then the proplus.ww one.
>
> Can anyone tell me what I have to do to get MS Office working on my lovely
> new Vista 64 machine?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Indie Blue

0
Peter
12/16/2009 3:21:11 AM
Hi all. This error message annoyed the hell out of me. I finally cracked it as follows.
I had Norton security and windows defender "looking after" my computer. I'm not sure which program was doing it, but one of them wasn't allowing 2007 office to open the file. I loaded Trend Micro Internet Security which removed Norton and shut down Defender and guess what, Office open perfectly. I think it was Window Defender. Have a go, but I recommend turning off the modem first as with Norton and defender off you computer is at risk. Hope it helps as I know how frustrated you can get

Indie Blue wrote:

Setup cannot find proplus.ww\office64ww.msi
15-Dec-09

I have seen quite a few people report this problem online but cannot find any
solutions that work for me...

I have a new PC with Vista 64 on it and I am trying to install MS Office
2007.  I have a valid 2-user licence for Office 2007 Pro-Plus (bought for my
son from a certified MS partner/educational reseller) with one licence still
free.  When I try to install Office from the CD I get a message halfway
through the install saying "Setup cannot find proplus.ww\office64ww.msi,
browse to a valid installation source and then click ok".  If I browse to the
install disk and click OK then the system just comes up with the same error
message again.

Based on suggestions found on various forums I have tried copying the
contents of the CD to my hard drive and running the install from there but I
still get the same error.

I have tried uninstalling all previous Office installations using the
official MS tool (from http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971179/#FixedAlways)
before performing the new install but this does not help either.

In frustration I decided to give up on Pro Plus and see if I could install
the Office Home & Student edition, for which I also have a spare licence
available (bought from Amazon), and I still get the same error, the only
difference being that the "missing" file is in the homestudentr.ww folder
rather then the proplus.ww one.

Can anyone tell me what I have to do to get MS Office working on my lovely
new Vista 64 machine?

Thanks in advance

Indie Blue

On Tuesday, December 15, 2009 3:10 PM
Indie Blue wrote:

[...]

On Tuesday, December 15, 2009 10:21 PM
Peter Foldes wrote:

Free telephone support is available for you from MS since you have a legal
Free telephone support is available for you from MS since you have a legal Office
2007 Pro Plus which is a VL version. Have all your documentation on hand

Here you will find the Phone numbers and email addresses as to where and whom to
contact about Office Enterprise\Pro Plus and your issue.
Scroll down to the bottom of page to North America
https://licensing.microsoft.com/eLicense/L1033/overview.asp
..

--
Peter

Free SharePoint Form Creator/Generator/Builder
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/2f42efa3-4cd9-44a5-a7d2-947eb5f5f0ec/free-sharepoint-form-crea.aspx
0
chris

Page Setup
Hi, I have a problem with Excel XP in that when I preview a page which is in Landscape, it automatically displays as portrait. When I resize it, it goes back to landscape but then back to portarit again ! Any ideas ? Many thanks. Colin. If you change printer drivers, does it happen? If no, then I'd download a newer/fresh printer driver for that troublesome printer. Any chance you have some helpful macro jumping in to fix the page setup for you? If you open the workbook with macros disabled, does it still happen? Colin wrote: > > Hi, > > I have a problem with Excel X...

The best Exchange setup in a small hosting setup
I need to set up at small hosting setup where the users can access their email through RPC-HTTPS and webmail. But what do I need? One ISA server? One front-end server? One back-end server? Some clustering or is it overkill? Best Regards Martin - You can do it with as little as a single Exchange server and a firewall. - In a single server environment, FE/BE topology doesn't really buy you much... - Clustering can be an overkill or not, depending on what your goals are. If high-availability is a valued goal, you could look at clustering (and the investments that go with a clustered ...

Addnew to both sides of a One-to-Many (find autonumber)
I am having problems here and I know it's something simple and stupid that I'm missing but here goes. I have a form that creates a new record into the table "ASSET". The table "ASSET" has a one-to-many relationship with "INTERVAL". I am able to add the record to "ASSET" no problem, but I need to add a record into "INTERVAL". My "INTERVAL" table uses the ASSET_ID as a foriegn key from "ASSET". The follow is my code: Private Sub cmdSAVE_Click() Dim MYDB As DATABASE Dim rstINTERVAL As Recordset Di...

excel page setup
Hello, I have a spreadsheet and I am using cells a:k50, but when I go to see the end of my spreadsheet it tells me I have used cells a:ak 295. I have 35 sheets like this and is is making the file bigger than it has to be. I have tried deleting, clear, page preview setup but nothing seems to clear and make my page a1: k53. Any suggestions. Thank You Select the row following the end of your data. Ctrl+Shift+Down Arrow to select all rows beyond your data and Edit>Delete. Select the column following the end of your data. Ctrl+Shift+Right Arrow (US) to select all columns beyond your data...

I often find my outlook mail hangs
When I switched over from Outlook -2000 to Outlook 2003, I find the experiece tiresome. Outlook hangs often whenever I try to delete or scroll. I think that the program is spending time doing someother task as harddisk keeps moving. What might be the reason ? ...

Account setup is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.
I just upgraded to money '05 because my bank no longer allows acess using money '02. I have been getting this message for TWO WEEKS now. I set up three accounts with no problem, then this message over and over every day. I have tried starting a new account and I still get the same message. Surely MS's server has not been down this whole time, so I guess the problem is on my end. Please Help! In microsoft.public.money, lostmymirth wrote: >I just upgraded to money '05 because my bank no longer allows acess using >money '02. I have been getting this message for T...

[ANN] The Entourage Help Blog: "Updated Exchange setup script supports Entourage 2008"
I've posted version 2.0 of my EntourageExchangeSetup AppleScript on The Entourage Help Page that includes support for Microsoft Entourage 2008's Kerberos feature as well as some minor additions and bug fixes. This AppleScript is intended to be modified by an administrator to assist his Entourage users with the setups of their Exchange server accounts. It has been tested specifically with Entourage 2004 11.2.6, 11.3.3, 11.3.7 and Entourage 12.00, 12.0.1 and 12.1.0 but should work with any version of Entourage 2004 SP2 (11.2.0) and higher. Every company's network is different...

SETUP
HOW DO I SET IT UP. Windows Mail: Setting up an account from start to finish http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Windows-Mail-setting-up-an-account-from-start-to-finish -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "home" <phillipsjamest@att.net> wrote in message news:u1ikLZSALHA.980@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > HOW DO I SET IT UP. "home" <phillipsjamest@att.net> wrote in message news:u1ikLZSALHA.980@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > HOW DO I SET IT UP. Start here and look for mail settings. ht...

Outlook 2007, Advanced find
I have Outlook 2007 SP1 and find myself using the Advanced find dialogue more and more. Is there any way to save my customizations as defaults? I cannot see any way to do it and it is a right royal pain to have to customise the box each time I use it. TIA Cheers, Guy ** Stress - the condition brought about by having to ** resist the temptation to beat the living daylights ** out of someone who richly deserves it. Unfortunately this is not possible in 2007. The only thing you can do is save as a search folder, if mail items. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Ou...

Can't find Outlook
I installed Outlook 2002 from a disk supplied with my Motorola Q. It appears to have installed ok but it doesn't appear in the Start/Programs list and it isn't on the desktop. I'm pretty sure it installed because when I go to the add/remove programs it appears on the list. Where can I look? Thanks, Bill ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Unrestricted-Secure Usenet News==---- http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =---- Have you done Search yet and checked u...

finding dates in a range
Hi, This is related to VBA i need to try and find a date in range ("C:C"). if the date =< todays date + 365 ie 12 months or less, flash a message with the name in the same row but in column ("A:A"). firstly, is this achievable? im an access VBA person and havent done excel for a long time :( secondly, if it is, can it loop through the rows in column C until it reaches the end and flash a message for each date hitting this condition? hope someone an help :) Nigel Would one message box with all the names that meet the criteria do rather tha...

the system cannot find file specified
When I go to open up an Excel spreadsheet out of an email message in outlook. I get hte message "the system cannot find the file specified".. I need to save the file to hardrive and then open excel and then open the document. This also happens if I try to open an excel document out of file explorer. Any advice? Make sure that Ignore Other Applications is not selected under Tools, Options, General. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "Jodi" <Jodi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07B98A46-B853-4D0C-B427-916DA98A82CC@microsoft.com... | When I go to open up an...

Anonymous Access setup
I have a request to turn on anonymous access (MOSS 2007). We only have one Site collection and it’s an Intranet that uses Authentication Type; Windows and Integrated Windows Authentication. It seems straight forward first Enable IIS Anonymous Authentication, second Enable anonymous access for the Web Application needed, turn on anonymous access for list or site. Question: If I turn on anonymous access without enabling it on any sites or lists will my users notice anything different? I assume they will not notice anything. Next question; if I enable anonymous authentication on...

Profile Setup
When I enter the server name and mailbox name when setting up an Outlook 2003 profile, how does it lookup the name? It seems I can put any name in the server area as long as I have a valid mailbox name. I used a made up server name and it still resolved the mailbox. Thanks, Outlook 2003 uses the Global Catalog servers in an AD environment. (Exchange 200x refers Outlook 2000/2003 to the GCs.) Outside of that, I didn't think what you just did was possible since a new profile (o/s and outlook) shouldn't have a reference to a GC until checking in with Exchange. Guess Outlook ...

FIND SPECIAL CHARACTERS
Hi, I am trying to find character "*" and replace them in my spreadsheet. However, whenever I did, all were replaced. Is there a way of typing in order that the program know I am actually searching for the character "*" only ? Thanks. Rgds, Frankie Search for: ~* Biff "Frankie" <Frankie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3DC1558-2670-41CD-92A3-66791B2DA573@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I am trying to find character "*" and replace them in my spreadsheet. > However, whenever I did, all were replaced. > Is there a w...

Find and Replace in VBA
So I've got this code to perform a find-and-replace in an Excel workbook: Cells.Replace What:="This", Replacement:="That", _ LookAt:=xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByColumns, _ MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat:=False, ReplaceFormat:=False Works fine, except that in order to have it perform the find-and- replace on all worksheets in the workbook, I have to type CTRL-H and change the "Within" property from "Sheet" to "Workbook". The next time I open Excel, that property is automatically changed back ...

Payroll Posting Account Setup Window
We have customized the Payroll Posting Account Setup Window for a product of ours. We have received several complaints about the Payroll Posting account window changing the Account number if part of a record in the scrolling window has been modified. We turned off the customization so we were working with the core window and not the customized window and we were able to duplicate the error. The new account is being saved in the table, which is causing a tremendous problems. Here are the steps to recreate this issue. 1. modifiy any record -for instance the code field of any record an...

setup.exe /removeorg
Hi, I uninstalled exchange 2003 using the add/remove programs. Then a reboot and a few hours to replicate. Then ran setup.exe /removeorg. I noticed that there was still objects leftover from exchange 2003 in AD, such as: Exchange Groups,Exchange settings in sites and services, distribution groups and disabled users. What exactly does the removeorg remove other that exchange 2003 organization? How do I clean the rest of the mess up? thx jason Hi Jason, You may want to view the following KB: 830185 The REMOVEORG option in Exchange Server 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/?id=830185 ...

Outlook 2000 Not Finding Exchange 2003 Server (All other clients work)
Good Morning, Desktop: Windows 2000 SP4 Email Client: Outlook 2000 Exchange Server: Exchange 2003 I have a user who's Outlook 2000 (Corporate/Workgroup mode) is unable to contact the Exchange server, and open the mail store for that user. It is only this clinet on this computer. It was working previously. I have tried to use Add/Remove Programs, and run the Office Setup, and manually "re-installed" MS Outlook 2000. No luck. Next, I re-ran the same set-up, and removed all MS Office 2000 applications. I have run the MS Office Removal Utility. I then re-installed MS...

Report setup 01-12-08
I have a db that the client wants me to prepare a report of transactions, from the transaction table, in the following format: (TT = transaction types) (Each lot may have none or many transactions of each type) TT1 TT2 TT3 TT4 lota 0 10 8 2 lotb 5 0 0 1 lotc 1 5 0 0 "" etc. I am able to create a report that has the lots listed sequentially, then the details of the lot transactions, but not in the above format. Any ideas? Damon Create a new report using the wizard. When it asks you for grouping options, se...

Windows cannnot find....error
Some strange behavior has crept into my Excel. I'm using WinXP and Excel 2002. When I click on an Excel icon (normally in Windows Explorer) Excel will open, and the desired spreadsheet will appear. But I immediately get the "Windows cannot find 'C:.....xls' error message. Yes, I get the message that it can't find the file when in fact that file is opened and visible. If I click on another .xls file in Explorer, a 2nd copy of Excel will open, the desired file will appear, and I'll get the same "Windows cannot find..." error. Normally you would expect to see ...

Page Setup
Is it possible to have portrait and landscape pages within the same Visio file? Every time I change the layout for one page it changes them all. I am runing Visio 2000 under NT4. Thanks, Andy Yes. IIR UML diagrams don't like doing this but otherwise it's easy. When you insert a new page the Page Setup dialog will come up. Select the Page Size tab, custom size option button, then select page orientation. "Andy Saltiel" <Andy.Saltiel@atosorigin.com> wrote in message news:09b301c35ceb$7c95d510$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to have portrait and landscape...

Question on Printer Setup
I have two printers, one POS receipt printer and one laser printer. What i would like to do is is just use the laser printer because it has the 8 1/2 X 11 paper and i can put more info like company policy, items and with descriptions etc. My problem is i need a way to open the drawer and the only way would be is print out with the pos receipt printer. Is there a way to print out with both at the same time so the receipt printer will open the drawer and the laser would be for the invoice? Or does anybody have a solution for this? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_N...

OUTRET.MSI folder
I have office XP standard for students and teachers which includes outlook. Outlook was installed years ago using these disks. Now I'm trying to import a comma delimited file to outlook using the import/export wizard. When I select import from "comma separated values" I receive a message that the feature is not currently installed. When I say to install it I get the outlook translator starts and asks for the Microsoft Outlook 2002 disc. Microsoft is looking for the installation package OUTRET.MSI but this folder is not on any of the 3 disks in the set. What do ...

How to find out what rows successfuly/failed to insert
I have to write code that needs to log down what rows were inserted as well as what ones failed to insert. I use a merge statement to insert/update/delete multiple rows at a time. How would I figure this out? Andy What do you by as what ones failed to insert.??? Will it generate an error and terminate the whole batch? See the below example from Adam Machanic to use a table variavle along with output clause DECLARE @ChangedOrderDetail SalesOrderDetail_Type DECLARE @SalesOrderID int DECLARE @t TABLE (Changed int, ID int) INSERT INTO @t SELECT Changed, SalesOr...