Problem with re-installing Office Home and Student 2007

I am trying to re-install Office 2007 after a hard drive failure. When I run
the setup programme I get the message "Microsoft Setup Bootstrapper has
stopped working". Can anyone help me with a way to overcome this?

"makkih" <makkih@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to re-install Office 2007 after a hard drive failure. When I
> run
> the setup programme I get the message "Microsoft Setup Bootstrapper has
> stopped working". Can anyone help me with a way to overcome this?

Do you have your operating system fully updated (what version of Windows are
you using and it's service pack level?)  Have you totally reinstalled
drivers for all your operating system?

You may want to read: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/975735 "Description of
the hotfix package for the 2007 Office system (Osetup-x-none.msp): October
27, 2009"

0
LVTravel
2/1/2010 12:24:28 PM
Thanks for your response and apologies for the delay in my following up. I am
on Vista SP2 and all my drivers have been updated. The hotfix you linked is
for uninstall and needs to have office loaded for it to download. I cannot
find any other reference or link to setup bootstrapper on the microsoft
website.
--
oldbugger

"LVTravel" wrote:

> "makkih" <makkih@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I am trying to re-install Office 2007 after a hard drive failure. When I
> > run
> > the setup programme I get the message "Microsoft Setup Bootstrapper has
> > stopped working". Can anyone help me with a way to overcome this?
> >

> Do you have your operating system fully updated (what version of Windows are
> you using and it's service pack level?)  Have you totally reinstalled
> drivers for all your operating system?
>
> You may want to read: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/975735 "Description of
> the hotfix package for the 2007 Office system (Osetup-x-none.msp): October
> 27, 2009"
>
> .

Problem shortcuts in Word

the office 2010 beta has the Portuguese dictionary?
the office 2010 beta has the Portuguese language but do not have the dictionary! if there! Where can I go get the dictionary? ...

Outlook 2003 PST problems

Outlook 2007 and Windows 7
After installing Office 2007 on Windows 7 machine, I get no new mail sound, pop up notifications or the new unread mail icon in task bar. Every thing else seems to work fine. Any hints? are the icons in the overflow? -- -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Poll: What v...

Problem with Authentication

Project 2007 Work Field Formula to Exclude Work Done by Resources Not in a Resource Group
I have a workshop task in my project schedule which is worked on by Resources from my company (Resource Group = VENDOR) and resources in the client's company (Resource Group = CLIENT). I need a formula to calculate WORK hours for ONLY the resources in Resource Group = VENDOR. I want to drop any hours that the CLIENT spends on the task and only calculate VENDOR hours. Does anyone have a formula? I am familiar with Project, but have not used formulas before. Could not find a formula to do this in any of the other forums on the net.. Thanks! +------------------------...

calendar problem

problem #4

95 and 97 problem

Date problem

sync problems

Embedded activex control and auto install
Hi, I've written an activex control which is to be used in any Office application. The user can modify and save/load the document hosting the control just fine. But how about if a user inserts my activex control in his document, and then emails the document to another user who doesn't have my activex control installed? What happens is that the office application pops up an alert saying that the control cannot be activated since it is not installed on the computer. What I would like is that the control autoinstalls (after a confirm) and the user doesn't have to do it manuall...

Office 2007 - HELP

Installation Problem!!

Quote won't merge to Word 2007
Attempting to print a quote. Opens up Word 2007 with note to press the CRM button in either the Add-in ribbon or the MailMerge ribbon. It shows up in neither. Macros are enabled. Is this issue isolated to one client? Do you have the CRM Client for Outlook installed? If so you can initiate Mail Merge from the Outlook client as this method does not use a Macro. Regards Dan "mnicks" <mnicks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3EF7E431-ADFE-478B-B79F-886F5ACA19EA@microsoft.com... > Attempting to print a quote. Opens up Word 2007 with note to press the ...

Directory Replication Problem #2

XBox 360 controller not installing
I just got an XBox 360 controller for the PC ("XBox 360 Wireless Controller via Play & Charge Kit") and the driver from http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/download/DownloadResult.aspx?category=Gaming&type=Gaming&name=JR9-00001&os=XP_SP2&lang=en but it's still not showing in the Game Controllers control panel, nor being recognized by my games. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling the drivers with no luck. I press the "X" button and the ring flashes green: Three fast, then 12 slow. Ports are OK, no other USB devices connected. Any...

Outlook won't open after reinstalling it after installing Windows
My computer crashed. I installed Windows 7, and then reinstalled Office 2007. Outlook will not open. Any suggestions? Margye Hixson Suggest providing information. Include what you did, what happened and any and all error messages. Be detailed as if we weren't there and don't know what happened. -- Russ Valentine "Margye" <Margye@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9F85CAAC-2042-4CAB-A329-EF6B3A682189@microsoft.com... > My computer crashed. I installed Windows 7, and then reinstalled Office > 2007. > Outlook will not open....

Resource editor problems

Cell Format

Excel 2007 chart text box bug
Just found what looks like a bug with charts in Excel 2007. In Excel 2003 I could add a text box to a chart and then assign a formula to it, say =B30. The value in B30 would then appear in the text box. If I insert say 5 rows and three columns above B30, the fomula would adjust and become =E35. When I do the same in Excel 2007, the formula for the box says as =B30 The workaround is to use range name, ie, =rangename. However, that adds lots of extra steps. And users have to know to do and know that Excel 2007 behaves differently. No logic in the change, so it most likely is a bug. ...