Problem installing Office 2007 Enterprise Edition

I have downloaded this three times. (Four actually, but it didn't work the
first time)
I have tried to install several times. It goes through the process, has me
put in my Product Key, but when it gets to a certain point I get the message
that there was an error during setup. There are no details about what the
error is.

I have a trial edition of Office 2007 that I cannot delete through
Add/Remove Programs. I have deleted Office 2003 (also a trial version, I
believe)

I read another user's post that said my IT department at work should support
this, but I haven't tried to contact them yet to see if they will help. Also,
I have the option to order a disk in addition to the download. Would it make
any difference in the installation if I used a disk?

I appreciate any suggestions.

You have to uninstall the any and all Trial versions & Activation
Assistants, then reboot prior to installing any other version. There is no
point in attempting to install whilst any Trial version remains
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928218/en-us

"kja" <kja@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have downloaded this three times. (Four actually, but it didn't work the
> first time)
> I have tried to install several times. It goes through the process, has me
> put in my Product Key, but when it gets to a certain point I get the
> message
> that there was an error during setup. There are no details about what the
> error is.
>
> I have a trial edition of Office 2007 that I cannot delete through
> Add/Remove Programs. I have deleted Office 2003 (also a trial version, I
> believe)
>
> I read another user's post that said my IT department at work should
> support
> this, but I haven't tried to contact them yet to see if they will help.
> Also,
> I have the option to order a disk in addition to the download. Would it
> make
> any difference in the installation if I used a disk?
>
> I appreciate any suggestions.

0
DL
12/9/2009 5:14:30 PM
"kja" <kja@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have downloaded this three times. (Four actually, but it didn't work the
> first time)
> I have tried to install several times. It goes through the process, has me
> put in my Product Key, but when it gets to a certain point I get the
> message
> that there was an error during setup. There are no details about what the
> error is.
>
> I have a trial edition of Office 2007 that I cannot delete through
> Add/Remove Programs. I have deleted Office 2003 (also a trial version, I
> believe)
>
> I read another user's post that said my IT department at work should
> support
> this, but I haven't tried to contact them yet to see if they will help.
> Also,
> I have the option to order a disk in addition to the download. Would it
> make
> any difference in the installation if I used a disk?
>
> I appreciate any suggestions.

I suggest calling the IT Dept.

0
Jeff

Reminder Date in Outlook 2007
Hi I would appreciate help with this problem. I often set reminders on e- mails using the Right click on the e-mail in my inbox and selecting Add Reminder... My problem is that the default date for the reminder is:01 January 4501 at 08:30 am. I am perfectly happy with the time, but cannot find where to change the default date for this option. My computer date and time are correct, and so is my calendar in Outlook working on the correct date. I am running Windows XP Home SP3 and Office 2007 SP1. Thanks Heather ...

installed SBS svr 2008
Purchased and installed SBS server SP2. After install the description shows to be Windows Server Standard FE. Any clues to this being the wrong DVD from MS? Secondly, could something have happened during the install to "promote or upgrade" the SBS server to an Enterprise server? Any thoughts appreciated. On Mon, 22 Feb 2010 14:16:58 -0800, charles sterling <user@msgroups.net/> wrote: >Purchased and installed SBS server SP2. >After install the description shows to be Windows Server Standard FE. >Any clues to this being the wrong DVD from MS? >Secondly, could ...

Office 2007
I am replacing my PC and have Office 2007 on it. I cannot find the original CD and am wondering if I can run it from an external disk, because I plan on pulling the hard drive out of my old PC and using it as an external disk for my new PC. Will Office 2007 run from it? In article <26C00CCD-2C28-4685-BB55-71E97B4789C4@microsoft.com>, dnar <dnar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am replacing my PC and have Office 2007 on it. I cannot find the original > CD and am wondering if I can run it from an external disk, because I plan on > pulling the hard dr...

Problem on sending emails

PowerPoint 2007 Printing issues
Hi, This issue has been driving me crazy: we have presentations that have linked excel tables and pictures, and everything looks awesome in print preview and presentation mode, but when I print, some linked excel tables and pictures just show blank. I have played around with it, and the only way to guarantee it prints is to paste everything as Bitmap picture, but we need the linked Excel table function to save tons of time cutting and pasting. As I said, some of the tables will print, but some of them don't, which is driving me nuts, and everything is fine electronical...

Install 2006 wo/ Passport/Live ID
Hello, I'm just about to install Money 2006 Deluxe on a new laptop with XP Pro. (I know that tomorrow is the online services cutoff date for 2006.) I'm running 2002 on another computer. I do not want to use Passport/Live ID. During 2006 installation, I know I have to "JUST SAY NO" to Passport/Live ID and have the option to use a regular, local password. Is there anything else I have to remember to do during install to avoid Passport/Live ID? I figured I would install completely and import my old 2002 files as a separate deal. Is that a good way to go? My 2002 ...

Problem starting different http connections from the same application
Hi, I have a multithreaded application in which one thread sends a request to a web server -and reads the response for a while (which is why its a separate thread). The other thread needs to send data periodically to the server - but this is where I run into problems. In the method that the second thread uses makes a new session , gets a new connection, creates a new http file - but fails to send the data. Looking at the ethereal captures, it seems that the second thread is sending requests through the same tcp connection that the very first request (that hasn't returned yet) we...

GP10 Smartlist problem output to Excel 2010
When we see the listing in the Smartlist, we click the button with Excel logo, to export the listing to Excel, but GP prompt with error message :Unable to start Microsoft Excel http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/4100/errorw.png This is the newly purchased workstation. This is the first computer that is come with Microsoft Office 2010 version, the rest are still using Office 2007. And this new computer has never been successfully launched Excel from the Smartlist. We are wondering if the Office 2010 STARTER edition can work work with Dynamics GP 10 with FP1 SP4. Please advice ...

IP Sec with DPM 2007 or DPM 2010
Hi, we are about to implement IP Sec for a group of servers which will be backed up by DPM. I wanted to find out if there are any restrictions regarding backing up IP Sec hosts vs non IP Sec hosts in the same domain. Any info will be appreciated. Thanks! There is no restrictions on IP sec policies on DPM as IP sec policies work at much lower layer than what DPM uses. But the policies should be in such a way that both DPM and Production servers should be able to communicate with each other, like network share browsing etc..(any windows applications between these two machines...

Combo Box problem 02-15-10
Hi I have 3 tables and 3 associated forms in an 2007 access database. On each form is a combo box "Name Search" so that one can input 2 or 3 letters of a surname and get a drop down list of names matching the input. All three Combo Boxes were set up in an identical manner using the wizard. The Main Menu has three buttons where you choose which table (or dbase) you wish to query. I now have a situation where 2 of the 3 combo boxes will not accept input (i.e. do not work) If I copy the Row Source from the one combo box that always works to one of the other two...

Laptop client installation for multiple domain users
Hi, We have CRM 3.0 server installed.we have 2 domains one is for india and second is for USA users. server is in India domain. USA users want to install outlook client,when they are installing it is saying that unable to connect to that crmserver.May be the server is down. How do i connect the CRM server from different domain. I have seen some trust relationships concept between the domains in implementation guide.I didnt understand much. Anybody knows Pls help me. Hello, Try have the user in USA accessing the CRM server by using the url in Internet Explorer. eg. http://yourcrmserver:5...

Problems with printing booklet
My printer stopped after printing page 1 & 4 of a booklet (outside and back cover). I tried to print the inside of the booklet (page 2 & 3), but it does not print it correctly. Does any one have an idea of what to do? Thanks. Hi Glenn Thomas (glennt@jam.rr.com), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || My printer stopped after printing page 1 & 4 of a booklet || (outside and back cover). I tried to print the inside of || the booklet (page 2 & 3), but it does not print it || correctly. Does any one have an idea of what to do? Thanks. Can you tell us what doesn't pri...

Problem in Microsoft Outlook Express
Dear, I have a problem in Microsoft Outlook Exprees, the problem is that when i want to see the attachment attached with my receiving mails, the paper clip sign shows but when i tried to open it the attached file is not highlighted another thing is that when i tried to forward that attachment, the attachment is glow and it can be open what can i do? Hi Ahmer - This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert an...

Outlook XP and Windows ME Problem
Hi, I am running Outlook XP on Windows ME. All of a sudden when I try to download mail, the progress bar comes and says receiving 0 of 97 messages and just hangs there. After a while the whole outllok and my computer is not responding. Any ideas on why it is happening or how it can be resolved? ...

Call for opinions on Visual Source Safe with Access 2007
I am at a point where I think that a solution like Visual Source Safe may make sense for my mult-developer environment. I did dabble with it back in the late 90's and found that it often resulted in corruption and other issues. (Damned if I can remember any specifics.) In any case, I am looking for any feedback on the current state of this product from actual users. I am expecting migrate to Acc2007 soon and think it might be a good time to put the project under better source control. I am most interested in what limitations and/or problems you may have encountered as users and ...

Problem with Instantiating classes
I converted an Access MDB multi-user application to a client/server application. The classes are no longer working. I checked to see if a variable was declared using the class name and then I checked to make sure that the class is instaniated by setting it equal to a New Class Instance. I keep getting an Error 91. If I set the instantiation in a loop for two to three times to instantiate the class it works fine. Has anyone run into this type of problem? ...

CRM Client for Desktop
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to customise the installation "location" for the "CRM 3.0 Client for Desktops"? I understand that the "Specify installation location" option only appears during installation of the CRM 3.0 Client for Laptops, but not for Desktops. We need to be able to customise the installation location as we will be streaming the CRM Client using Softgrid (which requires installation to the Q: Drive) Thanks, Jim. You can write a XML script to define the installation location. Refer chapter 19-4 of IG. Install Microsoft CRM Client fo...

Can I just reinstall Pub 2000 when it is part of Office 2000
Having just upgraded to Office 2003 I am tearing my hair out with Publisher 2003. I just cannot get it to work with my web site files made in Pub 2000. My site is now out of date and I haven't got time to learn Front Page! Can I un-install Pub 2003 and re-install Pub 2000 even if they are part of Office 2000 and 2003? Help!! You can install Publisher 2000 as a standalone application. Create a separate folder on your hard drive and install it there. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Maudie" <Maud...

Strange problem about register window class
I want to register two window class in winmain.But when registering the second window class,VC7.0 reports an error.The error code is 87 - parameter error.But the parameters of both WINCLASSEX are the same except the wndproc and wndclass name. When compiling with bcc55,it's OK.When compiling with cygwin-g++-4.1.2 it's the same as VC7.0. If assign wc.hInstance with reinterpret_cast<HINSTANCE>(&hInstance) ,it's OK.Why?What does &hInstance mean? Below is the code: // cl register.cpp -link gdi32.lib user32.lib // g++ -o register.exe register.cpp -mwindows #include <...

Outlook 2007 hosed by SQL Server 2005
Hi. I've been running the Office 2007 Beta for awhile and needed to uninstall SQL Express and install full-blown SQL Server 2005 on my laptop for development reasons. After doing so, Outlook 2007 is completely hosed. It will run, but I cannot open any emails. I can highlight them and save them as HTML or text, but if I try to open one, Outlook freezes. I've run Office diagnostics and it finds nothing major, just the fact that Office 2003 is still installed (but does not work properly, of course). I installed the Office 2007 refresh yesterday, it did not help. I need to get Outlook wor...

Losing Formatting in 2003 to 2007 worksheets
I keep losing all the formating on my worksheets when going form 2003 to 2007 and vice-versa. I try to fix it and then it reverts back to a non-formatted sheet. How do I correct? Similar problem with a solution ... http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/index.php?showtopic=774151 -- Jim Cone Portland, Oregon USA ( remove unused number formats/styles or excess cond. formatting... free download: http://excelusergroup.org/media/p/4861.aspx ) "dalia007ii" <dalia007ii@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AEE20258-5A02-43F8-B316-BDCBD45350F9@micro...

CRM Connector for GP Install error
I have installed the CRM and Dynamics GP adapters and am trying to install the Integration Server adapter and receive: "setup was unable to connect to Microsoft Great Plains Adapter. Please make sure that you have installed MS GP Adapter before installing MS CRM Connector for MS GP" I have GP 9 running on W2K3 with SQL2005. CRM 3.0 Server on W2k3. Integration Server is also W2K3. I can connect to CRM from all 3 servers Thank you -- Ryan Hi Ryan, It's been couple months that I have used the microsoft GP and CRM connector, unless Microsoft change it to support SQL server...

Financial Spreadsheet Help (2007)
I am trying to create a stock portfolio data spreadsheet for Excel 2007, but I am encountering many problems. Firstly, I am trying to find a formula that will divide the current value of the stock with the initial price. However, I receive a #Value error (or some equivalent) whenever I try to enter =Quotient(G6:G100,F6-F100). Also, can Excel automatically change the color of the text depending on the preceeding value? If I enter in $222 in one cell followed by $232 in the next, can Excel color the numbers red or green depending on higher/lower? More later. (If you need further explaining, ...

Windows 2003 Environment and Microsoft Office Excel temp files
Hello Everyone I’m having a issue with a Windows 2003 Environment and Microsoft Office Excel files. We have a few excel file then when edited create the normal temp file. The problem we are having is that the temp file is not going away after the file is closed. This is not causing a issue at all but does fill the directories with temp files and seems to be intermittent on what files it does and did not do this for a new file. I have confirmed the permissions on the directories and they are correct so I’m not sure what to look at next. Anyone have any ideas? This is a r...

Problem enabling a button in a toolbar
Hi all.. First of all, this is a MDI application in Visual C++ 6.0. I have a docking control bar that contains a dialog. I placed a toolbar on that dialog with one button at the moment. The problem I have is that I could never enable the button. I tried WM_KICKIDLE message but even when it is received correctly by the dialog, and enabling the button there, it continues appearing disabled. The button has its handler in the dialog (since it is the parent) To make another try, I placed the button handler in the child frame, and the button appears finally enabled, and when I press it, the hand...