Outlook 2007 setup requires exchange server?

Maybe you guys can give me some advice on this issue I am having with
Outlook 2007 setup.

I just installed a new copy of Office 2007, the previous version was removed.

The previous version was pointing to an exchange server (at my old company).
I do not use an exchange server, I point pop/smtp service.

When I launch Outlook, it asks for login to the exchange server, I hit
cancel. Then it asks for a new exchange server. I have none to give, so I hit
cancel. It then closes Outlook.

In other words I have no access to outlook menus to reconfig anything.

I suspect there is some registry setting for this and it “keeps” even though
I uninistalled the old Office and re-installed my new licensed copy.

Ever heard of this issue?

Uninstalling Outlook doesn't impact on the Outlook Profile, where these
settings are stored. Use the Mail Applet in the Control Panel to correctly
configure your type of connection

"aixrus" <aixrus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Maybe you guys can give me some advice on this issue I am having with
> Outlook 2007 setup.
>
> I just installed a new copy of Office 2007, the previous version was
> removed.
>
> The previous version was pointing to an exchange server (at my old
> company).
> I do not use an exchange server, I point pop/smtp service.
>
> When I launch Outlook, it asks for login to the exchange server, I hit
> cancel. Then it asks for a new exchange server. I have none to give, so I
> hit
> cancel. It then closes Outlook.
>
> In other words I have no access to outlook menus to reconfig anything.
>
> I suspect there is some registry setting for this and it “keeps” even
> though
> I uninistalled the old Office and re-installed my new licensed copy.
>
> Ever heard of this issue?

0
DL

Outlook with Outlook Express ?

Questing about exchange 2000 server
My company recently had it's T1 internet connection cut so therefore, our exchange 2000 server couldn't receive email. We spoke to another company, X, that agreed to let us dial in, using an ISDN line, to their system to grab a static ip. They've called up our registrar, Network Solutions ,and added two of their own nameservers. They've also assigned 10 mail.x.com as the mx record. So now, all our mails goes to their linux email server, where spam and virus filtering takes place, then gets forwarded to our exchange 2000 server. We are now getting a T1 line from verizon wit...

making boxplot in excel 2007
Hey. Got a problem on making a boxplot in excel 2007. I used to make excel 2003 to make the boxplot, but now I have the 2007 edition. I learned from my teacher that I need to use the "High-Low-lines" and the "Up/down-bars" to make the boxplot. The problem is that when I made the "Up/down-bars" it will cover the data-points so I can't see median ect. Is there anyway to change the order of the chart-figures like to show the data-point at the top, the up/down-bars in the middle and the high-low-lines at the bottom just like when u change the order of several...

Configuring free/busy calendar in Exchange 2003
Does anyone know how to configure the free/busy in Exchange 2003 to publish more than 2 months of calendar free/busy information on the server? I can do it on the client Outlook but I want to change the default from 2 months to 6 months for all users. Free/busy information is used by people sending meeting requests to determine when you are available for meeting. Thanks. --John ...

Outlook Contacts 05-25-07

Outlook freezes up

Outlook & Entourage

documents created with microsoft office publisher 2007 trial versi
recently i created a few documents with microsoft office publisher 2007 duriing a free trial period that recently expired. i can access the documents but i can't do anything with them, is there anyway to open them with my 2003 version of microsoft office? If you have Publisher 2002 or 03 you can open the files. You may be able to recover the text in Word. Try a print screen if you really need the file. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "thomas" <thomas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F703554-FE98-466D-A839-6102CA009EA7@microsoft.com... > re...

Opening Outlook

Exchange 5.5- need to increase maximum size for received mail
I need to change either the default maximum received email size for all mailboxes or for one user, but would like to know how to do both. Someone is trying to send a large email and it keeps getting bounced. To increase the limit the user can receive open the users mailbox in Exchange Admin, click the Limits tab and increase the Incoming limit. Please note that by default it is set to "No Limit". I am not sure how to change it for everyone. "Jeremy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1f79d01c457cb$487a2ac0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I nee...

gridlines in outlook?

SQL Server Error when going offline MS CRM 4.0
Hi We have quite a few problems with the MS CRM 4.0 Offline Client. When our customer tries to go offline he gets always an SQL Server Error. When we execute the diag tool it shows us that something is wrong with the sync. After executing the repair it works fine and we can go offline without any troubles. The strange thing is, that it does not work on the next day. Then we get the same error again. The only solution is to execute the repair.... We are working for quite a long time together with ms support, but unfortunately they couldn't help us so far. We also have installed several ...

can't create rules in outlook

select name box freezes Outlook

outlook 2002

outlook and links in emails

Making Description filed in Closing Dialogs Business Required
Looking to see if there's a way of making the Description field in the Case Resolution closing dialog box mandatory. The attribute under the Case Resolution entity can't be ...

Outlook XP and attachments

Exchange 2010, Outlook 2003

date check with exchange rate
Hi, I have below information Cell A=dates Cell B =Amount Cell C= CurrencyYEN or USD Cell D= CDN equivalanet ( formula) Pick data Cell G=dates Cell H=USD Cell I=Yen =ROUND(IF($G$5<=A7,$H$5*B7,IF($G$4<=A7,$H$4*B7,IF($G$3<=A7,$H$3*B7,IF($G$2<=A7,$H$2*B7)))),2) I want the formula to check for what type of currency (USD or YEN) it is & then automatically pick up the exchange rate Plus if I go below the date range it works but If I pick up future date it gives me the last exchange rate I hope I have listed all the information, I can email sheet if required t...