Office 2010 rtm configures everytime

Installed office 2010 rtm and every I reboot the computer windows box appears
configuring Office. Also everytime I start any Office program that starts the
Office configuring box. Also cannot install BCM 2010 beta as message
indicates I donot have right Office version installed same with outlook
connector.
All programs work if I wait for configure box to disappear or I just cancel
it.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled still the same.
Windows 7 ultimate 32, 4GB
Original Office was 2007 ultimate

Dear Partner,

I understand that the configuration prompt always appears when restarting
computer and opening Office applications after installing Office 2010 on
Windows 7. In addition, you have uninstalled and reinstalled Office 2010
but the issue remains. If there has been any misunderstanding, please let
me know.

I would like to explain that this issue may occur if multiple versions of
Office are installed on the same system or the previous version of Office
is not removed completely. Since the client was originally installed with
Office 2007, I recommend we follow the steps below to remove previous
version of Office:

1. Download and install the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility.

http://download.microsoft.com/download/E/9/D/E9D80355-7AB4-45B8-80E8-983A48D
5E1BD/msicuu2.exe

2. After you install the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility, click Start
menu -> All Programs -> Windows Install Clean Up.
3. Highlight Microsoft Office 2007 entry and other version of Office
program in the list and then click Remove. Quit the Utility.

Note: If you have got any other old or redundant office entries such as
Office 2003 or other Office stand alone products such as Visio in the list,
please remove them together.

4. Close all applications.

If the issue still remains after steps above, please refer to the following
article to delete the registry keys:

How to manually uninstall the 2007 Office system if you cannot uninstall it
by using the "Add or Remove Programs" feature
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;928218

Have a nice day.

Best regards,

Steven Du
Microsoft Online Partner Support

--------------------

| From: =?Utf-8?B?QWxsYW4=?= <serifall@newsgroup.nospam>
| Subject: Office 2010 rtm configures everytime
| Date: Sat, 1 May 2010 01:02:01 -0700

| Installed office 2010 rtm and every I reboot the computer windows box
appears
| configuring Office. Also everytime I start any Office program that starts
the
| Office configuring box. Also cannot install BCM 2010 beta as message
| indicates I donot have right Office version installed same with outlook
| connector.
| All programs work if I wait for configure box to disappear or I just
cancel
| it.
| I have uninstalled and reinstalled still the same.
| Windows 7 ultimate 32, 4GB
| Original Office was 2007 ultimate

Since I posted last message I have stopped it from configuring on startup
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.aw
had no permissions
also
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\.docx
and
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\.msg
were causing problems with outlook (no permissions set)
and now outlook connector installed.
The above were found by looking at error logs
Now no configure at startup with Outlook, Powerpoint and Publisher

But excell,Word and Access all start with configuring

I have Office Accounting 2009 could this be a problem

""steven du"" wrote:

> Dear Partner,
>
> I understand that the configuration prompt always appears when restarting
> computer and opening Office applications after installing Office 2010 on
> Windows 7. In addition, you have uninstalled and reinstalled Office 2010
> but the issue remains. If there has been any misunderstanding, please let
> me know.
>
> I would like to explain that this issue may occur if multiple versions of
> Office are installed on the same system or the previous version of Office
> is not removed completely. Since the client was originally installed with
> Office 2007, I recommend we follow the steps below to remove previous
> version of Office:
>
> 1. Download and install the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility.
>
> http://download.microsoft.com/download/E/9/D/E9D80355-7AB4-45B8-80E8-983A48D
> 5E1BD/msicuu2.exe
>
> 2. After you install the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility, click Start
> menu -> All Programs -> Windows Install Clean Up.
> 3. Highlight Microsoft Office 2007 entry and other version of Office
> program in the list and then click Remove. Quit the Utility.
>
> Note: If you have got any other old or redundant office entries such as
> Office 2003 or other Office stand alone products such as Visio in the list,
> please remove them together.
>
> 4. Close all applications.
>
> If the issue still remains after steps above, please refer to the following
> article to delete the registry keys:
>
> How to manually uninstall the 2007 Office system if you cannot uninstall it
> by using the "Add or Remove Programs" feature
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;928218
>
> Have a nice day.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Steven Du
> Microsoft Online Partner Support
>

> --------------------
>
> | From: =?Utf-8?B?QWxsYW4=?= <serifall@newsgroup.nospam>
> | Subject: Office 2010 rtm configures everytime
> | Date: Sat, 1 May 2010 01:02:01 -0700
>

> | Installed office 2010 rtm and every I reboot the computer windows box
> appears
> | configuring Office. Also everytime I start any Office program that starts
> the
> | Office configuring box. Also cannot install BCM 2010 beta as message
> | indicates I donot have right Office version installed same with outlook
> | connector.
> | All programs work if I wait for configure box to disappear or I just
> cancel
> | it.
> | I have uninstalled and reinstalled still the same.
> | Windows 7 ultimate 32, 4GB
> | Original Office was 2007 ultimate
> |

> .

Still had no reply to previous post, now seen a post by BillB on 5/25/2010
with similar problem.

"Allan" wrote:

> [...]
> >
> > Best regards,
> >
> > Steven Du
> > Microsoft Online Partner Support
> >

> > --------------------
> >
> > | From: =?Utf-8?B?QWxsYW4=?= <serifall@newsgroup.nospam>
> > | Subject: Office 2010 rtm configures everytime
> > | Date: Sat, 1 May 2010 01:02:01 -0700
> >

> > | Installed office 2010 rtm and every I reboot the computer windows box
> > appears
> > | configuring Office. Also everytime I start any Office program that starts
> > the
> > | Office configuring box. Also cannot install BCM 2010 beta as message
> > | indicates I donot have right Office version installed same with outlook
> > | connector.
> > | All programs work if I wait for configure box to disappear or I just
> > cancel
> > | it.
> > | I have uninstalled and reinstalled still the same.

DMP 2010 How to Backup?
I have the agents installed and I had a couple of questions 1.) Which method do I choose? Disk Drive/Share/System State/Bare Metals 2.) What method should I use to backup my Hyper-Vs? Do I use the Disk Volume backup and make sure the directory is selected or do I use the Hyper-v and the child copy? 2.) What method should I use to backup my Hyper-Vs? Do I use the Disk Volume backup and make sure the directory is selected or do I use the Hyper-v and the child copy? You may backup the VM from under the Microsoft Hyper-V node. This method will give you an application consist...

Using 2 versions of Mac Office 2004 (Japanese and English). How do I set the default for which version my machine uses to open office files?
I using 2 versions of Mac Office 2004 (Japanese and English). How do I set the default for which version my machine uses to open office files? It would of course be better if MS allowed users to switch menu languages within the program just as Mac does with its OS and associated software. But since that is not the case, I have had to purchase install the English version of Office 2004 (at great expense both monetarily and memory wise). When I open files already on my computer it always opens them with the "default" version of Office 2004 which is in Japanese. I can't seem to ...

Out-of-office twin replies

Vista
I have just purchased a PC with Windows Vista already installed, and have installed Microsoft Office 2003 on it & registered it. However, whenever I launch Excl I am confronted with a screen showing a Microsoft Office End Users Licence Agreement which requires me to agree to each time before the programme will launch. Does anyone know how to stop this happening? You registered but did you activate? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 22:55:54 -0000, "Gunga" <scohen@btinternet.com> wrote: >I have just purchased a PC with Windows Vista already installe...

Office Macros
What is the latest about when we will be able to upgrade our Office for Mac so that it can run all of our spreadsheets with VB macros? -- "In no part of the constitution is more wisdom to be found, than in the clause which confides the question of war or peace to the legislature, and not to the executive department." - James Madison The only official word from Microsoft is that VBA will return in the next release of Mac Office which is tentatively scheduled for "Holidays 2010" - I take that to mean late 4th quarter of next year. I would not expect to see anything m...

Office 2007
I have Office 2007 installed on an WinXP machine. I've added to my start menu the following short-cuts: New Microsoft Office Document Open Microsoft Office Document I have a few questions, 1. What is the default location of the files listed in the New Microsoft Office Document window? 2. Can I add tabs to the New Microsofot Office Document window? If so, how? 3. What is the default location for the Open Microsoft Office Document window? Assume I've made no changes to the install of Office 2007. Your assistance and help is greatly appreciated! (B^>)-]=[ ...

Send Exchange 2003 Out of Office Replies to non Exchange mail serv
Hi, I am new here, so please bear with me. I am hoping someone can help me. I have looked and looked and looked for the answer to my question with no luck. I am wondering if it is possible to setup Exchange 2003 Out of Office replies to respond to a non-Exchange mail server within the same domain without opening up to the internet. The reasoning is to prevent spam programs from detecting legit addresses. Main Mail Server for Staff & Faculty: Exchange 2003 Enterprise Edition Main Mail Server for Students: SurgeMail from NetWinSite.com They are in the same domain, but I am wanti...

Categories disappeared after upgrade from Office 2k3 to 2k7??
After upgrading from Office 2003 to Office 2007 all of my categories are gone. I still have a complete backup of my system containing Office 2k3 with working categories, is there a way to manually transfer the Categories to Office 2k7? Any help in this area would be completely appreciated. Thx NewsReader2k;115976 Wrote: > After upgrading from Office 2003 to Office 2007 all of my categories > are > gone. > > I still have a complete backup of my system containing Office 2k3 with > working categories, is there a way to manually transfer the Catego...

How do I change the data set on the X axis? (office 2003)
OK, so I created a frequency histogram (bar chart) by selecting the values for the Y-axis, but I can't figure out how to change the values on the X-axis to fit the rest of my values.... When I make the graph using both sets of data, it gives me two separate bar charts on the same plane. Help please :) Thanks Remove the text in the top cell over the x-values; now make the chart. Excel thinks you have two data series best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "jrexattack" <jrexattack@discussions.microsoft.com&...

Opening/importing data from database takes forever after upgrading office!
Hello. I recently reinstalled a users computer and upgraded his office version from 2000 to xp. Now when he imports data from a database it takes forever. It can take several minutes and before the reinstallation the operation only took seconds. What could be wrong? I did the same on his coworkers computer with the same result so there must be something that can solve the problem. I just can't figure it out. The run windows 2000 sp4. Please help. :^) //Johan Anyone? It never hurts to empty the windows temp folder (with excel closed), but it may not help. You may want to take...

Custom Configuration management for app.Config
Hi, I created a custom Section handler using System.configuration for Web application to read from Web.Config File. If I want to use the same handler to read from app.config file: app.config is not interpreted as XML file, & the code breaks. Here is the sample of the logic. For Each node In section.ChildNodes For Each element In node.ChildNodes elementKey = element.GetAttribute("key") elementValue = element.GetAttribute("value") Next Next Kindly let me know how to use the same custom handler to read from web.config...

office 2003 eula comes up each time you open word,excel

Re-installation of office
I need to re-install office on my pc after resetting the pc to the original settings. HELP! Insert Office cd, install. Dont have cd? ....explain "Lisa Lucey" <Lisa Lucey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D935368F-BFC7-4C04-96BA-FEAFABC6E358@microsoft.com... >I need to re-install office on my pc after resetting the pc to the original > settings. HELP! ...

Office 12.2.1 update/Reentering Product Key
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I attempted to update my Microsoft Office 2008 from 12.2.0 to 12.2.1 today; however, after the installation was complete, when I went to open a Microsoft Office application, an error message appeared stating: "Office for Mac has determined that your product key is not valid. To use Office for Mac, you must enter a valid product key" and refers me to this link: <http://www.microsoft.com/mac/help.mspx?MODE=pv&CTT=PageView&clr=99-0-0&target=f2d51b70-f7d6-4a3c-ae8b-b90597d7530e1033> After deleti...

Office 2003 and mac office
I have a workbook with some macros and such that i made on my XP computer. I sent it to a friend of mine to use, but he has a mac. The macro i made to sort runs into a problem when he runs it, however when he sent me the workbook and i ran the macor it worked fine. It had a 1004 runtime error. Is this a common problem due to it being made on a pc and ran on a mac? what changes need to be made to make it work on a mac? Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("IA3"), Order1:=xlAscending, Header:=xlGuess, _ OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom, _ Da...

Can I update from Office 98 to Office X
Can I update from Office 98 to Office X for mac? I should of said upgrade from Office 98 to Office X for mac? > From: Aggregates & Roadbuilding Magazine <rock@sympatico.ca> > Newsgroups: microsoft.public.mac.office > Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 14:37:48 -0500 > Subject: Can I update from Office 98 to Office X > > Can I update from Office 98 to Office X for mac? > According to the Mactopia site: You can upgrade to Office v. X for Mac if you already own any of the following products: Office�98 Macintosh Edition Entourage�2001 Special Edition <http://www.micr...

Configuring Resource Settings?
Are there any other ways of configuring Outlook resource settings besides OWA? I have tried to change some setting using OWA and it seems that they will not work. What are my options? Thanks What settings are you trying to set? What version of Exchange? The admin may be able to make some changes on the server, otherwise, you need to do it in Outlook. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips...

DPM 2010 System state backup error
Hi there We are protecting 3 blades running Widows 2008, all backup operations are going as planned, save for the system state on all blades, I have checked the event logs on the blades and found that VSS was not running on 2 of the blades so I started this service but I still get the same error reported when I try the job again. I have also made sure that windows server backup is installed on all 3 blades but I still get the same error, we have plenty of space on the protected machines for saving the system state backup. ERROR details below, Affected area: Computer...

office xp
I have a soccer club database that weas created using access xp and I need to be able to run it on my home computer that uses office 2000. Certain parts of the database such as the listing of teams will not work. please adivse When you switch between database versions many times the new computer does not have the appropriate references set or is missing references it needs in order to run. Assuming you can open the database on your machine with Access 2000, you need to open the database and open the code editor window. Select Debug | Compile. Generally, a 2002 database won't run u...

Upgrade to Power Point 2010 from Microsoft Office 2008
How can I upgrade from Power Point in Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac to Power Point 2010? unfortunately the Beta version is only available on windows platforms. Preliminary system requirements for Office 2010 include the following: • Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista or Windows 7 check out: http://www.microsoft.com/office/2010/en/faqs/default.aspx#29q Emma Bannister PowerPoint Specialist www.presentationstudio.com "4jswest" <4jswest@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:15B53B5E-1A57-4E46-8CBA-5A7BDD9D71C7@microsoft.com... > How can I upgrade fr...

How can I get Dictionaries for Office XP?
I find vague references online to to an "Office XP Proofing tools" but the online stores seem to have no references to it - only Office 2003 Proofing tools. Is that compatible with Office XP? If not, where can I find proofing tools for XP. Or alternatively, where can I get dictionaries and grammar checkers for individual languages for Office XP. No, they are not compatible. If you can still find Office 2003 Proofing Tools online, then I would advise upgrading to Office 2003 so you could use Office 2003 Proofing Tools. You have very little chance of finding Office XP...

Project Server 2010
Deployment / Migration Related Questions: 1. Can Project Server 2010 able to migrate my 70+ projects. Supported Point / Existing Deployment Structure: 1. Project Server 2007 deployed on Middle Farm Configuration Mode 2. We haven't linked it with Share Point Portal 3. We haven't start using Portfolio Server, though we are in analysis phase. 2. Do we need to set up Portfolio Server and linked with Project Server 2007 prior to upgrade to 2010. -- Regards, Hyder Zaidi Excellent series of questions, but you'...

Office Clipboard in Office XP and Office 2003
Hi, How do I turn this off permanently? If I click on Options when it appears and select 'Don't show Office Clipboard automatically', it only gets rid off it until I restart Excel at which time I have to do it again. I'd like to turn it off permanently. Any help would be appreciated. George Hi George In Excel 2002 the option is; "Show show Office Clipboard automatically'' not "Dont show Office Clipboard automatically" ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Business Software Galore! Free Excel Forum http...

Turn off Out of Office Assistant as an Administrator
Is it possible to turn of ooa for a user from an administrator snap-in? Connecting to the users mailbox seems a little too clumsy to me. 3rd party products like: http://www.symprex.com/products/oom/ -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Collin" <Collin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8325B6EC-2641-47B5-909B-6BD953128E69@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to turn of ooa for a user from an administrator snap-in? > Connecting to the users mailbox seems a little too clumsy to me. ...

A general officer is an officer
A general officer is an officer of very high military rank. The term or equivalent is used by nearly every country in the world. General can be used as a generic term for all grades of general officer, or it can specifically refer to a single rank that is simply called general. -- ramki ramki wrote: > A general officer is an officer of very high military rank. The term > or equivalent is used by nearly every country in the world. General > can be used as a generic term for all grades of general officer, or > it can specifically refer to a single rank that is s...