Office 2007 Basic....need reinstall after HDD reformat

------=_NextPart_000_0017_01CB04DE.CEF8E520

Hi there,

I need to reinstall Office Basic 2007 as that came with the Dell laptop =
that I have.=20

The hard drive has been reformatted and I never had the CD for the =
Office Basic. Am I able to download this from somewhere?

Thanks,

Gordon
------=_NextPart_000_0017_01CB04DE.CEF8E520

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Hi there,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>I need to reinstall Office Basic 2007 =
as that came=20
with the Dell laptop that I have. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>The hard drive has been reformatted and =
I never had=20
the CD for the Office Basic. Am I able to download this from=20
somewhere?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Thanks,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Gordon</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0017_01CB04DE.CEF8E520--

0
Gordon

No. If a full version was supplied with your Dell you need to check through
your Dell disks or call Dell, I suppose it also means you don't have the
Office Key either?

"Gordon J. Rattray" <gords@shaw.ca> wrote in message
Hi there,

I need to reinstall Office Basic 2007 as that came with the Dell laptop that
I have.

The hard drive has been reformatted and I never had the CD for the Office
Basic. Am I able to download this from somewhere?

Thanks,

Gordon

0
DL

------=_NextPart_000_0029_01CB0546.472BE620

Hi DL,

Yes, I've got the Office key as I used KeyFinder and recorded it before =
the reformat....

I just need a media (less) install to get it going...

Thanks,

Gordon
  "DL" <invalid@nowhere.com> wrote in message =
  No. If a full version was supplied with your Dell you need to check =
through=20
  your Dell disks or call Dell, I suppose it also means you don't have =
the=20
  Office Key either?

  "Gordon J. Rattray" <gords@shaw.ca> wrote in message=20
  Hi there,

  I need to reinstall Office Basic 2007 as that came with the Dell =
laptop that=20
  I have.

  The hard drive has been reformatted and I never had the CD for the =
Office=20
  Basic. Am I able to download this from somewhere?

  Thanks,

  Gordon=20

------=_NextPart_000_0029_01CB0546.472BE620

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Hi DL,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Yes, I've got the Office key as I used =
KeyFinder=20
and recorded it before the reformat....</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>I just need a media (less) install to =
get it=20
going...</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Thanks,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Gordon</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"DL" &lt;<A =
href=3D"mailto:invalid@nowhere.com">invalid@nowhere.com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:%23Te79bXBLHA.3608@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl">news:%23Te79bXBLHA.=
3608@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl</A>...</DIV>No.=20
  If a full version was supplied with your Dell you need to check =
through=20
  <BR>your Dell disks or call Dell, I suppose it also means you don't =
have the=20
  <BR>Office Key either?<BR><BR>"Gordon J. Rattray" &lt;<A=20
  href=3D"mailto:gords@shaw.ca">gords@shaw.ca</A>&gt; wrote in message =
<BR><A=20
  =
href=3D"news:e4hhDmRBLHA.4584@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl">news:e4hhDmRBLHA.4584=
@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl</A>...<BR>Hi=20
  there,<BR><BR>I need to reinstall Office Basic 2007 as that came with =
the Dell=20
  laptop that <BR>I have.<BR><BR>The hard drive has been reformatted and =
I never=20
  had the CD for the Office <BR>Basic. Am I able to download this from=20
  somewhere?<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR><BR>Gordon =
<BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0029_01CB0546.472BE620--

0
Gordon
6/6/2010 2:02:49 PM
You will have to call Dell, If your PC was supplied from Dell as 'Office
ready' with an MLK office installation you should have visited the MLK site
to download / burn your backup disks
http://www.microsoft.com/office/backup/en-us/default.mspx

[...]

6/6/2010 3:50:31 PM
Agreed on backup procedure....I inherited this cute little machine so gotta
accept it as it comes.

Appreciate the download MS Office site, haven't seen that before so will
give it a whirl.

[...]

6/6/2010 6:02:32 PM
Hi,

We run the macro to avoid copy & paste for the spreadsheet and also
install the password to avoid people to change this copy & paste macro,
we suceed but we send the same spreadsheet through the email to other
computer, however, it does not work (i.e. they can still do the copy &
paste).  Why, is that this function only apply to one computer only ?

--
MARIAWONG
MARIAWONG's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/229307.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

0
MARIAWONG

Using 2 versions of Mac Office 2004 (Japanese and English). How do I set the default for which version my machine uses to open office files?
I using 2 versions of Mac Office 2004 (Japanese and English). How do I set the default for which version my machine uses to open office files? It would of course be better if MS allowed users to switch menu languages within the program just as Mac does with its OS and associated software. But since that is not the case, I have had to purchase install the English version of Office 2004 (at great expense both monetarily and memory wise). When I open files already on my computer it always opens them with the "default" version of Office 2004 which is in Japanese. I can't seem to ...

Outlook 2007 DST/Time zone issue
I have a network with 4 computers running Office 2007, XP Pro connected to SBS2003. Outlook is connected to the Exchange 2003 component of SBS2003. Computers were deployed using a single, new image inside the last 3 months. New Zealand has had changes to the daylight savings change over dates, and as part of this process the required Microsoft Updates were deployed to the workstations, using WSUS, and applied to the server. Two of the computers have no problem, while two have an issue where calendar entries are 13 hours out. They appear to be defaulting to GMT, instead of NZT (GMT +1200)...

Out-of-office twin replies

Vista
I have just purchased a PC with Windows Vista already installed, and have installed Microsoft Office 2003 on it & registered it. However, whenever I launch Excl I am confronted with a screen showing a Microsoft Office End Users Licence Agreement which requires me to agree to each time before the programme will launch. Does anyone know how to stop this happening? You registered but did you activate? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 22:55:54 -0000, "Gunga" <scohen@btinternet.com> wrote: >I have just purchased a PC with Windows Vista already installe...

Office 2007
I have Office 2007 installed on an WinXP machine. I've added to my start menu the following short-cuts: New Microsoft Office Document Open Microsoft Office Document I have a few questions, 1. What is the default location of the files listed in the New Microsoft Office Document window? 2. Can I add tabs to the New Microsofot Office Document window? If so, how? 3. What is the default location for the Open Microsoft Office Document window? Assume I've made no changes to the install of Office 2007. Your assistance and help is greatly appreciated! (B^>)-]=[ ...

Office Macros
What is the latest about when we will be able to upgrade our Office for Mac so that it can run all of our spreadsheets with VB macros? -- "In no part of the constitution is more wisdom to be found, than in the clause which confides the question of war or peace to the legislature, and not to the executive department." - James Madison The only official word from Microsoft is that VBA will return in the next release of Mac Office which is tentatively scheduled for "Holidays 2010" - I take that to mean late 4th quarter of next year. I would not expect to see anything m...

Send Exchange 2003 Out of Office Replies to non Exchange mail serv
Hi, I am new here, so please bear with me. I am hoping someone can help me. I have looked and looked and looked for the answer to my question with no luck. I am wondering if it is possible to setup Exchange 2003 Out of Office replies to respond to a non-Exchange mail server within the same domain without opening up to the internet. The reasoning is to prevent spam programs from detecting legit addresses. Main Mail Server for Staff & Faculty: Exchange 2003 Enterprise Edition Main Mail Server for Students: SurgeMail from NetWinSite.com They are in the same domain, but I am wanti...

needs double value in string format
I have a double variable Dim d as double. d gets values stored as 2010031266671939.0 I need this value in string. If I use d.tostring(), it provides in E+ format. I need this double value in string without E+ format. If I use d.Tostring("#.0"), it rounds off the double value & provides as 2010031266671940.0. I need the value as such. Can anyone help me -- Thanks & regards, V.Vallikkannu Project Leader Chella Software Private Limited | Mobile : <9944254599.> | Off: +91 452 4262000 | www.chelsoft.com This e-mail and any files transmitted wit...

Categories disappeared after upgrade from Office 2k3 to 2k7??
After upgrading from Office 2003 to Office 2007 all of my categories are gone. I still have a complete backup of my system containing Office 2k3 with working categories, is there a way to manually transfer the Categories to Office 2k7? Any help in this area would be completely appreciated. Thx NewsReader2k;115976 Wrote: > After upgrading from Office 2003 to Office 2007 all of my categories > are > gone. > > I still have a complete backup of my system containing Office 2k3 with > working categories, is there a way to manually transfer the Catego...

Opening/importing data from database takes forever after upgrading office!
Hello. I recently reinstalled a users computer and upgraded his office version from 2000 to xp. Now when he imports data from a database it takes forever. It can take several minutes and before the reinstallation the operation only took seconds. What could be wrong? I did the same on his coworkers computer with the same result so there must be something that can solve the problem. I just can't figure it out. The run windows 2000 sp4. Please help. :^) //Johan Anyone? It never hurts to empty the windows temp folder (with excel closed), but it may not help. You may want to take...

How do I change the data set on the X axis? (office 2003)
OK, so I created a frequency histogram (bar chart) by selecting the values for the Y-axis, but I can't figure out how to change the values on the X-axis to fit the rest of my values.... When I make the graph using both sets of data, it gives me two separate bar charts on the same plane. Help please :) Thanks Remove the text in the top cell over the x-values; now make the chart. Excel thinks you have two data series best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "jrexattack" <jrexattack@discussions.microsoft.com&...

Excel Formula Needed
Our DPW director is looking for a formula that he can enter the date and time that a plow driver started and the date and time that he ended and have it give him the total hours worked Thanks --- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ With start time in A1 and finish time in B1, in C1 put = B1-A1 Format all cells as Time. If you need to multiply this by an hourly rate, you will need to multiply the value in C1 by 24, then by the hourly rate, eg in D1:- =C1*24*Hrly_Rate -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Wi...

office 2003 eula comes up each time you open word,excel

named cells. need a 101
I've been building a 'what if' sheet that pulls in this and that from other sheets. All the sheets have named cells, as does the what if' sheet itself. I want to copy/replicate this sheet multiple times in the wb to allow for multiple and concurrent what if setups. I am worried about named resources (cells) and what's going to happen when I attempt this. I will experiment, but I'm worried about something getting picked up in the wrong place. Is there a good 101 out there that discusses the use of names and what to expect? Thank you. There was an earli...

Can I get menus in 2007
Is there any way to get a menu bar w/ word 2007? I like 2007 but the choices in the tabs are not sufficient and I have to fight to get the function I need. thanks john Add what you want to the Quick Access Toolbar. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "John Coltrane" <tendengarci@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ejbigfJ5KHA.5808@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Is there any way to get a menu bar w/...

Re-installation of office
I need to re-install office on my pc after resetting the pc to the original settings. HELP! Insert Office cd, install. Dont have cd? ....explain "Lisa Lucey" <Lisa Lucey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D935368F-BFC7-4C04-96BA-FEAFABC6E358@microsoft.com... >I need to re-install office on my pc after resetting the pc to the original > settings. HELP! ...

Office 12.2.1 update/Reentering Product Key
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I attempted to update my Microsoft Office 2008 from 12.2.0 to 12.2.1 today; however, after the installation was complete, when I went to open a Microsoft Office application, an error message appeared stating: "Office for Mac has determined that your product key is not valid. To use Office for Mac, you must enter a valid product key" and refers me to this link: <http://www.microsoft.com/mac/help.mspx?MODE=pv&CTT=PageView&clr=99-0-0&target=f2d51b70-f7d6-4a3c-ae8b-b90597d7530e1033> After deleti...

Access 2007 security warning...
Hi, Does anyone know how to stop the security warning on a packaged access 2007 database. I create and sign the database but it still seems to appear. Is the only way to purchase a signature off someone like thwate? Adrian If you used the self-signing certificate that comes with Office, that's only accepted on your own computer. The only solution I found was buying a code-signing certificate. If you are part of a Windows domain that includes a Certificate Server, you can probably generate the code-signing certificate there (for free). Then your users would have to trust your ...

Office 2003 and mac office
I have a workbook with some macros and such that i made on my XP computer. I sent it to a friend of mine to use, but he has a mac. The macro i made to sort runs into a problem when he runs it, however when he sent me the workbook and i ran the macor it worked fine. It had a 1004 runtime error. Is this a common problem due to it being made on a pc and ran on a mac? what changes need to be made to make it work on a mac? Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("IA3"), Order1:=xlAscending, Header:=xlGuess, _ OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom, _ Da...

Can I update from Office 98 to Office X
Can I update from Office 98 to Office X for mac? I should of said upgrade from Office 98 to Office X for mac? > From: Aggregates & Roadbuilding Magazine <rock@sympatico.ca> > Newsgroups: microsoft.public.mac.office > Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 14:37:48 -0500 > Subject: Can I update from Office 98 to Office X > > Can I update from Office 98 to Office X for mac? > According to the Mactopia site: You can upgrade to Office v. X for Mac if you already own any of the following products: Office�98 Macintosh Edition Entourage�2001 Special Edition <http://www.micr...

office xp
I have a soccer club database that weas created using access xp and I need to be able to run it on my home computer that uses office 2000. Certain parts of the database such as the listing of teams will not work. please adivse When you switch between database versions many times the new computer does not have the appropriate references set or is missing references it needs in order to run. Assuming you can open the database on your machine with Access 2000, you need to open the database and open the code editor window. Select Debug | Compile. Generally, a 2002 database won't run u...

Outlook 2007 not saving email passwords
Windows XP This issue has been dealt with using all the "known" methods to no avail. Outlook has been removed and reinstalled. Before reinstalling it, Outlook Express was set up and IT keeps the passwords fine. After reinstalling it, the same issue remains. Immediately after typing in the account information, clicking on the Test Account Settings brings up the dialog asking for the password as if it had never been typed in at all. Any good suggestions? Thanks, Fred "Fred Marshall" <fmarshallx@remove_the_x.acm.org> wrote in message news:e$mDQ3jkJHA.500@TK2MS...

Need a formula #3
In columns C to M, where M would be incrementing +1 column each week, find the average of the highest 7 of 10 numbers. Skipping blank columns. i.e. Average the of Best 7 of 10. \\\|/// \\ ~ ~ // ( @ @ ) --oOOo-(_)-oOOo--- Charlie Woll Question not too clear but try this =AVERAGE(LARGE(C1:M1,{1,2,3,4,5,6,7})) -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Charles Woll" <cwoll@citlink.net> wrote in message news:unLk%23rwOGHA.2828@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > In columns C to M, wh...

Upgrade to Power Point 2010 from Microsoft Office 2008
How can I upgrade from Power Point in Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac to Power Point 2010? unfortunately the Beta version is only available on windows platforms. Preliminary system requirements for Office 2010 include the following: • Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista or Windows 7 check out: http://www.microsoft.com/office/2010/en/faqs/default.aspx#29q Emma Bannister PowerPoint Specialist www.presentationstudio.com "4jswest" <4jswest@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:15B53B5E-1A57-4E46-8CBA-5A7BDD9D71C7@microsoft.com... > How can I upgrade fr...

Sharing Workbook 2007
Excel 2007 says you can have multiple users editing a workbook at same time using sharing. I can get this to work via a server using sever 2003 but when I share the file on a peer to peer network only the first person to open the file can edit it eveyone else gets a read only version. What am I doing worng. ...