I had Office Student loaded on my computer and wanted to try Outlook so
downloaded a trial of Office Pro.  Prior to trial ending I purchased Outlook
with Business contact manager and installed.  Installation shown as complete.
 Once trial expired yesterday functionality of outlook decreased and a search
for Outlook with Bus Contact Mgr returned no results.

Would you advise how I might verify installation of purchased product and or
how I can get functionality?   Thanks!
--
SU

> I had Office Student loaded on my computer and wanted to try Outlook so
> downloaded a trial of Office Pro.  Prior to trial ending I purchased
> Outlook
> with Business contact manager and installed.  Installation shown as
> complete.
> Once trial expired yesterday functionality of outlook decreased and a
> search
> for Outlook with Bus Contact Mgr returned no results.
>
> Would you advise how I might verify installation of purchased product and
> or
> how I can get functionality?   Thanks!
> --
> SU
..
First I would backup the Outlook.pst file and export contacts to a safe
place.  Make sure you have the media and license keys for Office Home &
Student and Outlook.  Go to Add/Remove Programs (or Programs & Features in
Vista/7) and uninstall all Office products.  Finally I would reinstall your
Office Home & Student and Outlook.

0
Victek
6/1/2010 2:44:58 PM
Susan

You will need to uninstall your Trial version along with the Activation Assistant
and also everything to do with Office including the licensed Outlook. The reboot and
then re-install your purchased retail version of Outlook.
The above is the only way you will get things to work

--
Peter

http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Susan" <Susan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I had Office Student loaded on my computer and wanted to try Outlook so
> downloaded a trial of Office Pro.  Prior to trial ending I purchased Outlook
> with Business contact manager and installed.  Installation shown as complete.
> Once trial expired yesterday functionality of outlook decreased and a search
> for Outlook with Bus Contact Mgr returned no results.
>
> Would you advise how I might verify installation of purchased product and or
> how I can get functionality?   Thanks!
> --
> SU

0
Peter
6/1/2010 11:35:02 PM
And of course there's no point in exporting anything, simple copy the data
file, with outlook closed

"Susan" <Susan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I had Office Student loaded on my computer and wanted to try Outlook so
> downloaded a trial of Office Pro.  Prior to trial ending I purchased
> Outlook
> with Business contact manager and installed.  Installation shown as
> complete.
> Once trial expired yesterday functionality of outlook decreased and a
> search
> for Outlook with Bus Contact Mgr returned no results.
>
> Would you advise how I might verify installation of purchased product and
> or
> how I can get functionality?   Thanks!
> --
> SU

0
DL

This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000F_01CA7D92.03F9F310 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi there, I get "loading network card information ...error provider load failure" = when I go and use systeminfo.exe . How can I fix this? Thanks, Gordon ------=_NextPart_000_000F_01CA7D92.03F9F310 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN&qu...

Outlook importing #2
I'm trying to import contact information from Excel to Outlook and it says I need to install the SR-1 disk in order to accomplish this task. I grabbed the disk and it says that I need to find data1.mis? Anyway, it doesn't work. Is there something I can download to fix this? Thanks ...

Outlook 97 with multiple accounts
How do I, setup Outlook 97 under Win XP with 3 e-mail accounts. Each person has there own e-mail address with my ISP service. Everytime I open Outlook under the new persons, Outlook shuts down, producing and error(outlook.exe). thanks in advance Ed ...

restore outlook popup messages
I closed the outlook popup messages on a users machine yesterday. How can I restore them. Joel Weienr wrote: > I closed the outlook popup messages on a users machine > yesterday. How can I restore them. And what did these "popup messages" say? When did they popup? Were these only for HTML-formatted e-mails and the user foolishly configured Outlook to use the Internet security zone instead of the Restricted Sites security zone (which should be at its High setting)? Are you asking about the new mail alert window? -- _______________________________________________________...

Backing Up Personal Folder in Outlook
I've visited numerous websites regarding backing up my Outlook information (I have Outlook 2002), and they all reference a .pst file. I have searched my computer's entire hard drive, and there is no .pst file on it. I also did as one website suggested and right-clicked on "Outlook Today," then left-clicked on "Properties," then clicked on "Advanced," and the file path and name to which the .pst file is SUPPOSEDLY being saved does not exist (it was C:\Documents and Settings\Robert Burns\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst)...

Outlook add-in?
We are currently using Timesheets and importing into My Tasks. We'll be looking shortly into deploying the Pseudo Tied Mode to streamline the process. Is anyone out there using Timesheets / My Tasks in conjunction with the Outlook Add-In? It was buggy early on (corrupted multi-node outline codes). Are there any trade offs to using it relative to the whole Timesheet/ My Tasks feature/function? We are using 0 hour tasks in some projects to emulate the old "Administrative Projects" that were found in MS Project Server 2003. Any issue with those types of project en...

I have lost all inbox activity and keep getting error in outlook
I am not receiving e-mails in my inbox and I have ran the repair inbox and it says it is configured. Does anyone have suggestions? Amy;112315 Wrote: > I am not receiving e-mails in my inbox and I have ran the repair inbox > and it says it is configured. Does anyone have suggestions? Post your version of Outlook, the account type, and the exact text of the error message. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] http://forums.slipstick.com ...

Outlook Client Install -Failed
Calling custom action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Client!Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Client.ClientSetup.DatabaseAction Database Installer custom action failed. ...

Outlook form as an input tool for a user
What I am hoping to accomplish is to use an Outlook form as an input tool for a user. Upon completion, they send it to a manager for approval. When the manager opens the form, all the input fields are locked and APPROVE and DECLINE buttons become active. Then based on approval or decline, I want the VB script to format an email and sent it. Does what I am hoping to do seem reasonable and possible? Any ideas and code snippets will be appreciated. Thanks! If Exchange is your mail server and the administrator gives you = permission to publish to the Organizational Forms library, this is v...

OWA (Not Loading)
Does anyone know of any issues with Satellite Service and the right side of OWA not loading. The left side loads but the user cannot see anything on the right. OWA works from any other connection. Thanks, KG ...

SOS,how to load a invalid or damaged .gif file to create Image Object.
hi everyone. my question is this:how to load a .gif image file that is invalid or damaged image format? Notice,I want to load the invalid damaged image file to operate it. my code is below,but all of they are not correct. -------- 1.Image.FromFile(fileName);load from a file directly,it throws a OutOfMemoryException.In msdn,it's mean the file is a invalid image format. 2.Image.FromStream(stream);load from stream,it throws a ArgumentException. -------- ps:IE and Google Picasa can load and display the damaged .gif file correct. Or there is any other methods to operate the i...

RM QUick Detail Aged Trial Balance Modification Issue
I want to modify this report to not show detail from the 'current' period so that it is more of an alert for salespeople and much shorter... (assuming most people pay on time).. Anyhow.. is this possible? I figured the only way to do it would be to somehow link to RM00103 agperamt_1 and restrict on that basis. I am able to add this field to the report, but not able to figure out how to restrict the detail by this field. Help. Tx Les Is there a reason that you aren't using the aged trial balance with options? "LesWright" <LesWright@discussions.microsoft.com&...

Unable to Install CRM 3.0 Outlook Client
Greetings, I am one lost puppy. I cannot seem to get the CRM 3.0 Offline enabled client install for the life of me. I am attempting to install on to my Vista Client running Office 2k7. I am connecting to my CRM server via a static VPN connection (not that I think the VPN is an issue.....yet) I get 3 errors during the install. Error 1: "Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.InstallHelpIndexesAction failed. If you ignore this error, the option to search Help will not be available." With 3 options (abort, retry, and ignore) I did find the answer to this issue a while back (have si...

Problem with PSTs created in Outlook 2000 when copied into Outlook 2002 SP2
Hi, I am facing a problem. There is a problem thats occuring with the PST which was created in Outlook 2000 when it is being configured for the profile copied into Outlook 2002 SP2. The default folders, Inbox/Outbox/Journal/Calendar are shown as junk. Could anyone has any clue as to what can be done? Thanks in advance. Param. How are you "configuring" the file? Have you checked it for errors? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Param" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1d40401c453b2$cd6eeee0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I am fac...

Error loading CRM 3.0 Client with Outlook
I receive error message "An error occurred loading Microsoft CRM Functionality" when starting Outlook with CRM 3.0 client installed. I have uninstalled CRM, Office, and cleaned the register using Register Mechanic. I am now getting the same error with an event error "A problem occurred initializing Microsoft CRM COM interopt". Anyone have any ideas? Thanks. I have the exact same issue has anyone found a solution to this? I am running all avialable updates on both Office 2003 and XP Pro, I DO NOT have the Business Contact Manager for Outlook installed. "rtop...

Outlook 2002
I have user who a sporadic problem. Multiple instances of a message are sent to the recipient. Any help would be appreciated. I am using Outlook 2002, Exchange Server 2000, XP Professional. Thanks for your help in advance. I have same problem when sending zip attachments over 500k or so - message stays in outbox and outlook keeps adding new send tasks, will keep sending until cancelled and message deleted from outbox. I'm not going thru Exchange, but am using OL 2002 and Win 2k Pro. You are not alone - I have tried to find answer with no luck yet. >-----Original Message----...

Disable Outlook mail
Hi, Is there any way to disable user access to the email function in Outlook 2000 and still allow them to use the Calendar and Contacts? We have a no Outlook email policy on our domain and since we don't have an exchange server set up (just pop 3 from an outside source) we can't monitor all of the executables and scripts that come in via email, so we don't use Outlook mail. Thanks Hi, without an exchange you got no chance to disable it. >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >Is there any way to disable user access to the email >function in Outlook 2000 and ...

Outlook 2007 on an Exchange 2003
I'm having a problem setting up Outllok to run under Microsoft Echanged Server settings. It won't resolve the Exchange name. It says the exchange server is unavailable but when I upgrade to Outlook 2007 from an existing Outlook 2003 system. Everything is fine. It's only when I try to load a fresh Outlook 2007. Someone have any ideas why???? ...

Outlook does not exit
I have a user who (though this happens on two other machines), when shutting down Outlook, receives "Please wait while Outlook exits". This message sits there for minutes and never disappears. The only option seems to be to open Task Manager and kill it. I tried some of the switches that come with outlook.exe (for example /cleanfreebusy and others but to no avail). Office has all the service packs applied. I saw kb834005 where this problem is addressed and would just like to know if anyone has the fix already for download. If you are experiencing the issue exactly as stat...

Outlook 2000 / Contact list problem
Basic Info: Client calls when they need help or when they try something that doesn't work. This time they decided not to use the mailbox migration utility and use a pst file export/import to move final user off old exchange server. ...... Client has 2 Exchange servers at this location....one is being phased out with one remaining user on old Exchange 5.5 server. Instead of migrating the mailbox of remaining user the user backed up their mailbox to a pst file. The user then configured the properties for the exchange server to point to the new server and connected to the new serv...

loading web application project suddonly takes 5 mintues and says "Contacting server to open Web project.." wile it takes 5 minutes to load. how to fix? i tried reregistering asp.net and iisreset. no
loading web application project suddonly takes 5 mintues and says "Contacting server to open Web project.." wile it takes 5 minutes to load. how to fix? i tried reregistering asp.net and iisreset. no progres. ...

What happened to my out of office reminder?
In Outlook 2003, I used to get a reminder when I started Outlook and I had been out of the office (out of office turned ON). Now all I get is a barely noticeable task bar note. This is becoming a major pain. I've gone days back int he office before someone has to remind me to turn off my out of office. So, what happened to the pop-up reminder that your Out of Office is on and how do I get it back? It's gone from outlook 2007 because you can set Outlook to turn it off at a specific time. What version of Exchange server do you use? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] ...

excel through Outlook
I have been attaching excel spreadsheets to my e mails through Outlook. There are several people that can not seem to open the attachments. Why? Any ideas? "Larry Holden" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:03bc01c3d96e$52334eb0$a501280a@phx.gbl: > I have been attaching excel spreadsheets to my e mails > through Outlook. There are several people that can not > seem to open the attachments. Why? Any ideas? Outlook is a bit of a quirky email program. It doesn't always follow Internet standards in every respect. So if you attach a file and s...

Outlook Web and Signatures
Hi: When people here are using Outlook XP installed and configured on their desktops and start a new email they can see their corporate signature. However, when people are using outlook via the IE browser and are starting a new email they can't see their signatures. Is there any way to activate or create a signature for them in outlook web. Thanks, -- Jim ...

Font for Win Office compatible with Mac Office?
I have some new fonts installed for Win Office 2007. Are they compatible with Mac Office 2004 if I copy them to my Mac? Are there any free download at Microsoft or elsewhere, which are for Mac Office? Thanks. In article <C215982A.57FB%charles@nospam.com>, Charles Leung <charles@nospam.com> wrote: > I have some new fonts installed for Win Office 2007. Are they compatible > with Mac Office 2004 if I copy them to my Mac? Are there any free download > at Microsoft or elsewhere, which are for Mac Office? Thanks. Hi Charles! The only types of fonts that you can use ...