Is there a Holiday Update for Outlook 2003 using Windows 7?

The holiday update that I'm trying to install won't install, because it says
it did not find the expected program.  I'm pretty sure this is because I'm
using Windows 7.  Is there a Holiday Update for Outlook 2003 using Windows 7?

Did you try this:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2007/20071008.htm

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

ALWAYS post your Outlook version.

After furious head scratching, CMuscatella03 asked:

| The holiday update that I'm trying to install won't install, because
| it says it did not find the expected program.  I'm pretty sure this
| is because I'm using Windows 7.  Is there a Holiday Update for
| Outlook 2003 using Windows 7?

0
Milly

&&&how to use API function CancelDC&&
I use CancelDC to abort drawing work in other threads, but sometimes it makes the application frozen. Is there any detail introduction to this API function ? any links or advice will be appreciated. Unfortunately, your description is so vague as to be useless. Generally, this would be a bad way to stop another thread from drawing; I'd rather set a boolean value in the thread that tells it to stop drawing. You have not said what your thread does when drawing functions fail; for example, suppose your thread did for(i=0; i < 1800; i++) for(j=0; j < 1600; j++) { /* dra...

Exchange 2003 SP2 sometimes tarpits a valid address
We have Exchange 2003 SP2 running on Server 2003 SP1 and find that sometimes a RCPT TO command with a valid address in the domain gets tarpitted. Is this a known issue? ...

Formulas don't automatically update
Any ideas on this one? We are using Office 2003 - formulas will not update/calc until a save is done, then they work at that moment. Is this a setting that can be changed? Thanks in advance Hi Monica have you checked tools / options / calculation tab and ensure that calculation is set to automatic? Cheers JulieD "monica" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0b9401c48b7e$82ac0bf0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Any ideas on this one? We are using Office 2003 - > formulas will not update/calc until a save is done, then > they work at that moment. ...

Window repainting poblem while handling I/O
Hi All, I am working on a Document View Architecture application that communicates over serial port with a micro-controller. The application processes some data and sends it over the serial line to a hardware unit. When the application is not communicating over the serial port, all is fine. But, when it is sending data through serial port, and if I overlap my application window with any other window like windows explorer or IE or any other application that you name, my application window becomes all white. If I try to refresh it by clicking mouse over the window (so that I can minimize/maxi...

logo very fuzzy when embedded to outlook template and saved as .oft file
Hi, I've been dwelling on this problem for about a week now. The problem is I created my company letter head in Outlook with Word as the editor with the logo inserted. I did a select all and copy. I then open up a new message through Actions/New Mail Message Using/Microsoft Office Outlook (HTML) and paste my letterhead onto it. I saved it as .oft. When I opened up the oft file, I notice the logo is very fuzzy. I tried and tried and tried. I couldn't find anything on the web that could help me. Do you have any solution to making the logo look crisp and clean as it appears in it...

Which tables to update
Hi to all I have used Access to connect to the RMS tables. The Items table, has a Views Items table and Tables Items table. The problem is that I can't insert new items in either one from the Access how I can remedy this issue. Thank you It not really a good idea to update or insert the program outside of RMS. You may not insert or change _all_ of the information correctly. -- * <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:28b701c49b15$4e100df0$a501280a@phx.gbl... Hi to all I have used Access to connect to the RMS tables. The Items table, has a Views Items tabl...

Outlook 2003
The navigation pane is not saving changes that I make to it. When I move the calendar down the list, the next time I close and reopen Outlook the Navigation looks like it did before the change. Any Ideas? Have you applied SP1? It is supposed to fix some of the fragility of the Calendar pane. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Eugene" <egrieve@parabio.com> wrote in message news:172701c47bcd$ce051c10$a601280a@phx.gbl... &g...

What exactly is "frequently-used text fields" looking in?
Gurus, Running Outlook 2003. When you do an "Advanced Find" anywhere in the Folder Tree you get three choices at the top underneath "Search for words" subject field only subject field and message body frequently-used text fields What exactly is "frequently-used text fields" looking in? -- Spin it depends on the item type you are searching for. In contacts, it's name and address and notes field. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/...

Office Updates #3
I have a legit copy of Office 2004 v.11.1 and I'm trying to upgrade to 11.2.6 and i keep getting the following error: The installer could not locate the correct version of the software required to install the update. See the Read Me file included with this installer to determine if your software meets the requirements for this update. I have tried deleting prefs and the Microsoft User data folder with no luck. I've also tried installing the older updates first but continue to get that error message...Anyone know of a fix?? thanks! AS 11.2.6 is not a combo updater--you have to ...

Holidays
Holidays do not display beyond 1999 in my outlook calender after I have selected them. Is there something I am missing? Go to the Office Download center and look for a program called outhol.exe. Download this, then double-click outhol.exe to install on the target machine then go to Tools |Options | Calendar Options and click "Add Holidays". If it tells you they're already installed, install them anyway. Have a good day! >-----Original Message----- >Holidays do not display beyond 1999 in my outlook >calender after I have selected them. Is there something >...

Cannot view public folders from outlook or edit client permissions from ESM
Suddenly today no one could access the public folders. I have rebooted the exchange 2003 server but still no one can connect. I can see the contents using exchange system manager and the contents tab but i cannot access them using outlook. I also get an error msg when trying to edit client permissions. I can also see the public folders using http://enterprise/public but not by logging in usually to OWA and selecting public folders. I have ran eseutil and isinteg, both appeared to have no errors. Users can send and receive email fine and can also email the public folders fine and receive m...

Activation of windows 7
I bought an upgrade version of windows 7 and installed it on a new hard drive. Now, it doesnt accept the activation key because it considers it a new installation. However, I have windows xp. How to make this activation understand that I have xp? Ulrich wrote: > I bought an upgrade version of windows 7 and installed it on a new > hard drive. Now, it doesnt accept the activation key because it > considers it a new installation. However, I have windows xp. How to > make this activation understand that I have xp? "Clean Install Windows 7 with Upgrade Media"...

Outlook Express 6 The more I delete the bigger Outlook Express 6 folders gets
In Outlook Express 6 I have many Identities setup. I have thousands of e-mails dating back years. The space consumed by all these e-mails is over 2GB Quite a lot of space. I decided to delete a lot of unwanted e-mails and clutter to reduce the amount of space consumed. But to my my surprise instead of solving the issue it made the overall size consumed bigger and not small. It is seems that in Outlook Express 6 the e-mails have gone but in reality the files are still in the Outlook Express 6 folders. Can anybody help me with this. The more I delete the bigger Outlook Express 6 folders ...

Importing Outlook Messages into Outlook Express
I previously used Outlook 2000 on an old PC and now have a new PC using Outlook Express 6. I saved some of my old Outlook .msg files and Outlook mailbox.pab file on my new PC, but have not been able to "import" the Outlook files into Outlook Express. My Office 2000 CD is damaged and I have no way of installing Outlook on my new PC. Is there a way of opening or importing my Outlook files with Outlook Express? Appreciate the help, David ...

RMS HQ WS250
I'm running RMS 2.0 SP3 (ver 2.0.0126) in which i've deleted item alias' via the item properties alias tab in HQ for several items. Once completed with removing alias' in the alias tab for each item, i created & processed a WS250 from HQ to receiving store, however, some items still have alias' at the store. Can someone explain why this would happen? I've checked the hq client for the ws250 in question and it completed with no errors. ws250 is better at adding properties to items than removing. To get around this problem you could use a ws51 like ...

Try to connect Windows 7 pro to SBS 2003
Hi all, I have joined loads of XP Pro but with Windows 7 clientPro I get a message saying. "Error occurred when configuring network setting. See your Net Admin" Please help I am pulling my hair out ! Hi Monty: Any help here? http://blogs.technet.com/sbs/archive/2009/05/14/installing-windows-7-in-a-sbs-2003-environment.aspx - Larry Please post the resolution to your issue so others may benefit - Get Your SBS Health Check at www.sbsbpa.com > Hi all, > > I have joined loads of XP Pro but with Windows 7 clientPro I get a > message saying. ...

Outlook 2002 not fully shutting down
I am running Outlook 2002 on Windows XP. My Outlook program appears to close down when I quit the application, but when I try to shut down my computer I get a pop up box saying 'End Program-Outlook.EXE' requiring that I hit 'end task' to complete normal shut down. Vey annoying. Any thoughts? Thank You This problem is not unique to Outlook 2002. I'm having the same problem with Outlook 2000. The Outlook.exe process fails to terminate when exiting Outlook. As a result, such default actions as emptying deleted items on exit fail to execute. Anyone with a solutio...

Unable to archive on outlook 2002
Hi all... I am on outlook 2002. I have tried NUMEROUS times to manually archive old email. Here is what I do: create the pst file first, then within outlook I pull down on file, then archive. I put in the date range I want and let it go on its way. (I use date less than 12/31/2002 - which should get all of 2002). It only does its thing for a few seconds. NO emails are archived what so ever. I have tried numerous times.. and at a loss Any thoughts or suggestions??? Check the Modified date on the items that aren't being archived as you think they should. That's the date...

Downloaded 10.5 update and now Word has been uninstalled.
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel The subject of the post pretty much explains it all. Microsoft updater asked me to update, so I did. After the boxes saying "searching for applications" and all that, the program froze. I closed it and restarted my computer, but apparently Microsoft word has been uninstalled from my computer now, and I can't find the application at all. I came back up to this site to download the updates, and they worked, but Word is still missing. Can someone please help me? I have a paper due Monday... > The subject of...

Some updates could not be installed
I have tried installing the following updates at least a dozen times since 15 Dec. The little yellow shield asks me to install updates, I click it, and after a few minutes this message comes up: AUTOMATIC UPDATES Some updates could not be installed The following updates were not installed: Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update for .NET versions 2.0 through 3.5 (KB951847) x86 Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2 Security Update for Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003, and Windows XP (KB974417) Sorry, forgot to mention my sys...

Outlook does not save the e-mail addresses entered
I am using Outlook 2000 SR1. When entering a new contact, it does not save the e-mail address along with the other information logged in. I have tried substituting the contact's name with the e-mail address to send e-mail, but I get an error message that it does not recognize the contact name. How can I fix this? ...

Adding company holidays to Outlook XP
Is there a way to add my company's holiday (days off) to my Outlook XP calendar? In Outlook 2000 you have to edit the outlook.txt file, but that file does not exist on Outlook XP. ...

Exchange 2003 in 5.5 org
I have a setup issue that I can't seem to resolve. We are the IT staff for an Exchange 5.5 org that is part of a large exchange organization. Their site communicates back to main office with three x.400 connectors. We have installed Exchange 2003 and ADC. ADC tries to poll rest of organization but obviously cannot. Users on Exchange 2003 can see users in site (both 5.5 and 2003 server) but do not see any users outside of the site. 2003 users can send external e-mail just fine. How do I get Exchange 2003 to see all of the GAL and how do I retire the 5.5 server and its connectors? At th...

Outlook toolbar with same name
Hi All! Is it possible to create two custom toolbars in outlook 2K of the same name? I have a addin which is creating a tool bar. Is it possible that I create multiple toolbars with same name. I would really appreciate any help. Thanks, Anand. Nope, not possible. -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of the month: -Create your own fully customized Toolbar Subscribe to the newsletter to receive news and tips & tricks in your mailbox! www.sparnaaij.net (I changed my reply addres...

Can I open a word 2002 document in Access 2003 for edit?
Hi I have an application that does this in Access 2003, but I need to do it with Access 2002 and Word 2002. Is there a way to do it? Stapes Have you tried it? Seems reasonable to test you problem and ask for help if it doesn't work correctly. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Stapes" wrote: > Hi > > I have an application that does this in Access 2003, but I need to do > it with Access 2002 and Word 2002. Is there a way to do it? > > Stapes > ...