Installing Office 2007

I purchased from Ebay and then tried to install a  full version of
Office Prof. 2007 but eventually I get this error msg :
"cannot find excel.en-us\excelMUI.msi".  and MS wants me to find it
someplace which I can't do. It appears that this file is not on my
HD.. How can I get this resolved?

The COA label indicated that this is an Office Pro 2007 English Intl
not to US cd. It appears to be an authentic MS Office 2007 product. I
expected the full version to simply install all the appropriate files
rather that ask me for them.

I have a Dell laptop with XP Pro Sp3. It came loaded with WordPerfect.

Any one here to help me!
0
Flash101

"Flash101" <ibmonarchi@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I purchased from Ebay and then tried to install a  full version of
> Office Prof. 2007 but eventually I get this error msg :
> "cannot find excel.en-us\excelMUI.msi".  and MS wants me to find it
> someplace which I can't do. It appears that this file is not on my
> HD.. How can I get this resolved?
>
> The COA label indicated that this is an Office Pro 2007 English Intl
> not to US cd. It appears to be an authentic MS Office 2007 product. I
> expected the full version to simply install all the appropriate files
> rather that ask me for them.
>
> I have a Dell laptop with XP Pro Sp3. It came loaded with WordPerfect.
>
> Any one here to help me!

Ah, an eBay purchase.  There are so many pirated copies of Office being sold
on eBay it would surprise me that it is, in fact an original non-pirated
disk and license.  There are a lot of good forgeries out there.

See: http://www.microsoft.com/howtotell/ to look at some of the pirated
software.  Then see: http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/downloads/faq.aspx for
obtaining legitimate software if it is in fact non-genuine.

Of course if it is genuine you have uninstalled any trial version of Office
and it's associated activation assistant then rebooted the computer.  Ensure
that the disk is clean without fingerprint smudges.

Word Perfect will not cause an issue with Office install.

0
LVTravel
5/21/2010 3:23:25 AM
On May 20, 10:23=A0pm, "LVTravel" <n...@nothere.com> wrote:
> "Flash101" <ibmonar...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > I purchased from Ebay and then tried to install a =A0full version of
> > Office Prof. 2007 but eventually I get this error msg :
> > "cannot find excel.en-us\excelMUI.msi". =A0and MS wants me to find it
> > someplace which I can't do. It appears that this file is not on my
> > HD.. How can I get this resolved?
>
> > The COA label indicated that this is an Office Pro 2007 English Intl
> > not to US cd. It appears to be an authentic MS Office 2007 product. I
> > expected the full version to simply install all the appropriate files
> > rather that ask me for them.
>
> > I have a Dell laptop with XP Pro Sp3. It came loaded with WordPerfect.
>
> > Any one here to help me!
>
> Ah, an eBay purchase. =A0There are so many pirated copies of Office being=
 sold
> on eBay it would surprise me that it is, in fact an original non-pirated
> disk and license. =A0There are a lot of good forgeries out there.
>
> See:http://www.microsoft.com/howtotell/to look at some of the pirated
> software. =A0Then see:http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/downloads/faq.aspx=
for
> obtaining legitimate software if it is in fact non-genuine.
>
> Of course if it is genuine you have uninstalled any trial version of Offi=
ce
> and it's associated activation assistant then rebooted the computer. =A0E=
nsure
> that the disk is clean without fingerprint smudges.
>
> Word Perfect will not cause an issue with Office install.

May 21, 2010 Office 2007
0
Flash101
5/21/2010 10:08:31 AM
On May 20, 10:23=A0pm, "LVTravel" <n...@nothere.com> wrote:
> "Flash101" <ibmonar...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > I purchased from Ebay and then tried to install a =A0full version of
> > Office Prof. 2007 but eventually I get this error msg :
> > "cannot find excel.en-us\excelMUI.msi". =A0and MS wants me to find it
> > someplace which I can't do. It appears that this file is not on my
> > HD.. How can I get this resolved?
>
> > The COA label indicated that this is an Office Pro 2007 English Intl
> > not to US cd. It appears to be an authentic MS Office 2007 product. I
> > expected the full version to simply install all the appropriate files
> > rather that ask me for them.
>
> > I have a Dell laptop with XP Pro Sp3. It came loaded with WordPerfect.
>
> > Any one here to help me!
>
> Ah, an eBay purchase. =A0There are so many pirated copies of Office being=
 sold
> on eBay it would surprise me that it is, in fact an original non-pirated
> disk and license. =A0There are a lot of good forgeries out there.
>
> See:http://www.microsoft.com/howtotell/to look at some of the pirated
> software. =A0Then see:http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/downloads/faq.aspx=
for
> obtaining legitimate software if it is in fact non-genuine.
>
> Of course if it is genuine you have uninstalled any trial version of Offi=
ce
> and it's associated activation assistant then rebooted the computer. =A0E=
nsure
> that the disk is clean without fingerprint smudges.
>
> Word Perfect will not cause an issue with Office install.

I did use those MS sites. It seemed to be authentic based on most of
the the examples given, including MS "Our Passion" key hole. The COA #
was not same as the US verison  shown. Office Intalled accepted the
product key number.I wish an expert could look it over but otherwise
it looks auth.  to me. I did install a trial verison some time ago and
thought I had removed all files. I am unsure as to how to find
"associted activation assistant" files..There may be some still
lurking about.  Looking at CP Add/Remove. I do see a series of Office
2007 updates like "Compatibility Pack for 2007  Odffice systems" and 6
similar update files. Are you recommedning removal of those files? Do
I need to edit the registry, too.

Thanks for your assistance.
0
Flash101
5/21/2010 10:09:34 AM
Flash101

If it say's on the CD "Office Pro 2007 English Intl " then you got screwed by the
seller on EBay. When it say's that on the CD then it was the CD that was given out
as a complimentary copy to someone that attended the MS Seminar at one point years
ago. Not much anybody can do for you unless you try to return the purchase or call
MS and pay your fee and hopefully they might be able to do something for you.Notice
I said hopefully

BTW: What gave it away was the word INTL after the version

--
Peter

http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Flash101" <ibmonarchi@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I purchased from Ebay and then tried to install a  full version of
> Office Prof. 2007 but eventually I get this error msg :
> "cannot find excel.en-us\excelMUI.msi".  and MS wants me to find it
> someplace which I can't do. It appears that this file is not on my
> HD.. How can I get this resolved?
>
> The COA label indicated that this is an Office Pro 2007 English Intl
> not to US cd. It appears to be an authentic MS Office 2007 product. I
> expected the full version to simply install all the appropriate files
> rather that ask me for them.
>
> I have a Dell laptop with XP Pro Sp3. It came loaded with WordPerfect.
>
> Any one here to help me!

0
Peter
5/21/2010 2:48:56 PM
On May 21, 9:48=A0am, "Peter Foldes" <maci252...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Flash101
>
> If it say's on the CD "Office Pro 2007 English Intl " then you got screwe=
d by the
> seller on EBay. When it say's that on the CD then it was the CD that was =
given out
> as a complimentary copy to someone that attended the MS Seminar at one po=
int years
> ago. Not much anybody can do for you unless you try to return the purchas=
e or call
> MS and pay your fee and hopefully they might be able to do something for =
you.Notice
> I said hopefully
>
> BTW: What gave it away was the word INTL after the version
>
> --
> Peter

> Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged.htt=
p://www.microsoft.com/protect

> "Flash101" <ibmonar...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> >I purchased from Ebay and then tried to install a =A0full version of
> > Office Prof. 2007 but eventually I get this error msg :
> > "cannot find excel.en-us\excelMUI.msi". =A0and MS wants me to find it
> > someplace which I can't do. It appears that this file is not on my
> > HD.. How can I get this resolved?
>
> > The COA label indicated that this is an Office Pro 2007 English Intl
> > not to US cd. It appears to be an authentic MS Office 2007 product. I
> > expected the full version to simply install all the appropriate files
> > rather that ask me for them.
>
> > I have a Dell laptop with XP Pro Sp3. It came loaded with WordPerfect.
>
> > Any one here to help me!

I would have preferred the E-bay seller informed me of the NOT US CD
version. However, I was able to get Office 2007 installed after
cleaning the disk (bad blocks) as you recommended. I very happy with
this product so far. and the MS MVP wrote that it differs only
slightly from US version but nothing noticeable. That's better that
being screwed!! <gg>
0
Flash101

I can't install certain Office 2004 fonts
Hello! I have a problem installing certain fonts from the Office 2004 CD. The fonts are: MS Mincho MS PMincho MS Gothic MS PGothic Gulim Font Book does not install the fonts when I drag them to the application or the fonts folder. Nothing happens when I double-click them either. Please tell me how to resolve this issue. Thank you! (I am running Mac OS 10.3.4 on an iBook G4) In article <e976ad55.0408130454.1f8b83df@posting.google.com>, hihlordjp@yahoo.com (hihlordjp) wrote: > Hello! I have a problem installing certain fonts from the Office 2004 > CD. The fonts are: > > ...

how do I install office on my notebook?
My son has a notebook with no CD drive. I want to install my Office 2003 (which has 2 installations left) onto it, without having to buy an external CD Drive. Can anyone tell me how to do this via the internet, please? You cannot 1) external cd drive, which you will need when you have to recover your o/s (you do have, or are going to make the recovery cd's?) 2) via a network installation 3) Copy the installation cd to a usb thumb drive "K" <K@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B6CD253B-4133-4BED-8902-E2958B6C34F9@microsoft.com... > My son...

Pivot tables merging data on two sheets (Office 2007)
Hi, I have invoices sent on one worksheet and payments received on another. I'd like to do a Pivot table which would be capable of doing a summary of what each account owes. At the moment I do a pivot table on the invoices sheet and another pivot table on the payments sheet, then I copy and special paste as values these pivot tables together into another table, subtract one from the other and then I've got a nice summary of outstanding amounts for all accounts. Its a really messy way to go about doing it! Would it be possible to do one pivot table incorporating both sheets of data...

SQL RS Install Fails on SBS 2003
I got the error during the installation "Activating SQL Server Reporting Services failed. Specified reporting services report server URL https://server.domain.com/reportserver cannot be resolved to an IP. The requested name is valid, but no data of the requested type was found." The SBS box has a .local domain and the .com domain is hosted elsewhere. What do I need to do to get SQL RS working? -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com I figured this out. I had to specify the RS URL in Deployment Manager, plus make some DNS changes/host headers to get all the sites worki...

can't install SP1
I run Windows Vista Home Premium (build 6000) on my HP PC. Due to a factory reset I have to get SP1 and SP2 installed, but updates fail regularly. I have downloaded SP1 and SP2 manually from the MS site, but installation attempts fail as well. "An internal error occurred while installing the service pack. Error code: 0x80092002. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=101139 for details." I went through all resolution options suggested, with no success. How can I get my OS up to date? 0x80092002 CRYPT_E_BAD_ENCODE An error occurred during the encode or decode ...

CTRL+SHIFT+) is not working in Excel 2007
Hi, I am using Office 2007 on Vista machine. When i am using CTRL+0, the excel columns are getting hide. But when i am using CTRL+SHIFT+), my hided columns are not showing up. If there is any workaround, please let em know Hi, This hasn't changed in E2007. To Hide as you correctly say hold CTRL and tap 0 To unhide you have to select the columns either side of the hidden column(s) then CTRL+Shift +0 Mike "Nagender Rathi" wrote: > Hi, > > I am using Office 2007 on Vista machine. > > When i am using CTRL+0, the excel columns are getti...

Out of Office Assistant ?
Is there anyway to set a date/time that "out of office assitant" starts and ends at in Outlook 2003. I didn't see an option for doing this. It appears to be either on or off. Is it possible to do this with VBasic or a macro? Thanks --- Jay Wilson In news:w2fodve8h6pb$.17j7oy2mw0vdo$.dlg@40tude.net, Jay Wilson <jnjjwil@**********> typed: > Is there anyway to set a date/time that "out of office assitant" > starts and ends at in Outlook 2003. I didn't see an option for doing > this. It appears to be either on or off. > > Is it possible to...

Using Access 2007 runtime along with full install of Access 2K
Is it possible to successfully run Access 2007 runtime on a machine that has a full install of Access 2K? We seem to be having issues with the following registry key not updating when switching back to the older version of Access. [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\TypeLib\{4AFFC9A0-5F99-101B- AF4E-00AA003F0F07}\9.0\0\win32] @="C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Office\\Office\\msacc9.olb" Following running Access 2007 runtime the key changes to: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\TypeLib\{4AFFC9A0-5F99-101B- AF4E-00AA003F0F07}\9.0\0\win32] @="C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Of...

I need to install an add on to excel
I need to install an add-in for excel analysis toolpak. It says to insert the Microsoft XP Office Professional CD and click OK. Everytime I do this, it says that it cannot find it on the CD. I used the browse button and cannot find the file PRORET.MSI. I tried to download it from microsoft.com to no avail. Where can I get this file? Phil Start>Settings>Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs. Scroll down to Office and select it. Select "Change" Select "Add or Remove Features" You will get a list of Office Applications. Expand Excel and select "Add-ins&q...

Change installation user after install?
Is it possible to change the designation on the installation user after install without redeployment? Currently we can not change the password on the AD account used to install CRM without causing CRM to be unusable. It causes the following error message when accessing via web: "An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator." Also, we are only able to access the Deployment Manager when logged in as this user account. Not as big a problem as the password changing obviously. Thanks! Hi; I am not sure about the first problem but have idea abu...

Help Installing or Re-Installing .NET Framework 2.o
When trying to installing this update, I get the error message: Initializing installation... done! Installing Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2 Security Update for Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003, and Windows XP (KB974417) (update 1 of 1)... Failed Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2 Security Update for Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003, and Windows XP (KB974417) Trying to learn servers - need help with this problem - Thanks to all. See the "How to obtain help" section of http://support.microsoft.com/kb/974417 For home users, no-charge suppo...

Help!!! Cannot import pst files from a prior install
Help!!! Cannot import pst files from a prior install My system crashed and I reinstalled MS Outlook98 but it will not import my pst files which have all my calendar and appointment information. Messages such as .pst is not a personal folders file (when it really is). Properties for this information service must be properly defined prior to use. I'm lost. Please email me directly by sending mailto:ron@intellworks.com. I would be eternally grateful to anyone who can solve this problem and help me get my business back running. Thanks in advance, Ron 1) Did you move it to a CD?...

reconcile serial numbers to the install discs.
I have 27 copies of office installed in our company. One person is conficting with another user. I looked at the product ID number to try to determine which set of install disks I need to re-install from, but it does not relate to the serial numbers on the install disks. How do I determine which serial number I need to use for the reinstall? In article <1115915565.975431.294930@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>, "rhennosy" <rhennosy@bigredrooster.com> wrote: > I have 27 copies of office installed in our company. One person is > conficting with another user. I looked...

How to complete activate Microsoft Office product by Internet
Help me to activate Microsoft Office product by Internet.Have tried but got an answer"invalid key of product" Product keys can be tricky. An eight will look a "B" for example. If your problems continue, activate by phone. 1-888-652-2342 -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Ilya Goldman" <Ilya Goldman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FAF8D4C4-EF18-4204-B8C0-5D7544A54067@microsoft.com... > Help me to activate Microsoft Office product by Internet.Have tried but got &...

Starting Adobe Acrobat Reader Publisher install begins
When Adobe Acrobat Reader is requested either by me or a web program, Publisher install program begins. It is always helpful to know the version of Publisher you are using. OFF2000: Windows Installer Appears Every Time a Program Is Started http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;265194 -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "AZGardening" <AZGardening@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A03897E9-D215-44B9-8EC9-D85A3B28CC19@microsoft.com... > When Adobe Acrobat Reader is requested...

Exchange Installation
Hello All, I may be asking a basic question, but I need to get the answer to this as soon as possible. I have a forest that is currently running exchange 2000 in two domain trees. I will be joining this forest also as a domain tree. I want to run exchange 2003 in this forest. I need to make sure that I have this correct.... Run Setup /forestprep then Run Setup /domainprep then Run Setup of Exchange 2003\ Is this correct. Please explain! Thanks "Robert" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:6c5701c475ba$56614a80$a601280a@phx.gbl: > Hello All, >...

Office product key
Hi, I want to reinstall Mac OS X. Is it possible to retrive my product key for Office 2004 for Mac before the reinstallation. I do not want to lose it. Thank you. Raymond Montreal In article <OkqVJwbzFHA.736@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>, "Raymond Pich´┐Ż" <raymond.piche@videotron.ca> wrote: > I want to reinstall Mac OS X. Is it possible to retrive my product key for > Office 2004 for Mac before the reinstallation. I do not want to lose it. AFAIK, the Product ID is a one-way hash based on the CD Key, so it can't be retrieved in a useful way (you can see what ...

Printing gridlines in Excel 2007
We cannot get gridlines to print in Excel 2007. We have the checkbox checked on the print gridlines under page layout. We also have gridlines checked on the view tab. Any thoughts? Make sure that gridlines show in the workbook? If you made the cell fill the color white, instead of none it might "remove" the gridlines from the print job since the color of the lines would match the cell fill. Just a guess, but I have had that happen. "BK" wrote: > We cannot get gridlines to print in Excel 2007. We have the checkbox checked > on the print gridlines under page ...

using office 2007 chart in office 2003
I have created a Line chart using Excel 2007 in compatibility mode. When I open the workbook using Excel 2003 it does not know the chart sub-type, and when the chart is regenerated by my macro it defaults to 'Line with markers displayed at each data value'. I need to distribute my chart to users running Office 2003, and I need the chart to retain the original chart type. Any ideas please? The rule of thumb if your workbooks are to be shared with users of different Excel versions, is to create your workbook in the oldest version that any of the users has. Unfortunately Compatibi...

Installation 04-20-06
Can someone please tell the url i need to enter for the sql report server. I have sql 2005 installed wityh the report server on the same server and running when i klook in IIS virtual directory "ReportServer" During install i type in http://myserver/ReportServer, whowever the installer states that the server was not found? Thanks in advance Jonney You must enter the "ReportService" url. http://myserver/ReportServer is the url for the report manager. Instead you should type http://myserver/Reports url. Yogesh "Jonney" wrote: > Can someone please tell t...

Problem with installation.
I have a problem with the installation of CRM 3.0. My CRM environment is now installed in two VirtualPC machines. Server One : Windows 2K3 with Exchange2003 and SQL2005 with reporting services. Server Two : Windows 2K3 with CRM 3.0. At the end of the installation I get the message that the installation didn't finish correctly. Here are the last lines from the logfile. ----------------------- 16:51:11| Info| Database Version: 3.0.5300.0 16:51:11| Info| Executing Install action: Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.CreateOdbcDsnAction 16:51:11| Info| Creating 'Microsoft CRM' ODBC D...

Why can't I do a "basic search" of my computer in Excel 2007
I can do a search of entire computer for info in Excel worksheets with older versions of Excel. In 2007 I can only search withing on sheet at a time. ...

office 2004 installed but all documents still test drive really really annoying
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel I had all my word/excel documents in the Test Drive and just installed Office 2004 but all my documents still read as the test drive which is now expired. When i try and open them individually it doesn't work but if i have word open and then open the documents they are fine. Even if I create and save a new document it still is in the Test drive mode and i can't open it unless i open office first. Help please it's really a pain. In article <ee982ce.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, juliajong@officeformac.co...

Problem scrolling throu records ?? on 2007
On 2003 I used to be able to click and hold on the next record button, and it would automatically scroll thou to all the next records. On 2007 I have to keep clicking to get the next record. How can I get 2007 to automatically scroll throu the records ??? Its got to be something simple, but I cannot find it. On Sat, 22 Mar 2008 07:23:42 GMT, dutchman <dutchman@hotmail.co.uk> wrote: I don't think the standard vcr-style navigation buttons on a form used to work that way. If you have your own buttons, you can set AutoRepeat=True and you can get the effect you're looking for. -T...

demo installation
Hi all!!! We are very close to adopt MS CRM 3.0 in our company and now we are in negotiations with an MS Partner. However, till the beggining of the project, we would like to have internally a demo environment to start working with the users etc. We have the 90-trial installation CD by the book "Working with MS CRM 3.0". Do you think it would be a good idea to proceed into this installation, maybe in a small business server 2003, following also the MS CRM Implementation Guide? Would it be a cumbersome work for our IT team to install the software by working only with the gui...