Installing Office 2007

I purchased from Ebay and then tried to install a  full version of
Office Prof. 2007 but eventually I get this error msg :
"cannot find excel.en-us\excelMUI.msi".  and MS wants me to find it
someplace which I can't do. It appears that this file is not on my
HD.. How can I get this resolved?

The COA label indicated that this is an Office Pro 2007 English Intl
not to US cd. It appears to be an authentic MS Office 2007 product. I
expected the full version to simply install all the appropriate files
rather that ask me for them.

I have a Dell laptop with XP Pro Sp3. It came loaded with WordPerfect.

Any one here to help me!
0
Flash101

"Flash101" <ibmonarchi@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I purchased from Ebay and then tried to install a  full version of
> Office Prof. 2007 but eventually I get this error msg :
> "cannot find excel.en-us\excelMUI.msi".  and MS wants me to find it
> someplace which I can't do. It appears that this file is not on my
> HD.. How can I get this resolved?
>
> The COA label indicated that this is an Office Pro 2007 English Intl
> not to US cd. It appears to be an authentic MS Office 2007 product. I
> expected the full version to simply install all the appropriate files
> rather that ask me for them.
>
> I have a Dell laptop with XP Pro Sp3. It came loaded with WordPerfect.
>
> Any one here to help me!

Ah, an eBay purchase.  There are so many pirated copies of Office being sold
on eBay it would surprise me that it is, in fact an original non-pirated
disk and license.  There are a lot of good forgeries out there.

See: http://www.microsoft.com/howtotell/ to look at some of the pirated
software.  Then see: http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/downloads/faq.aspx for
obtaining legitimate software if it is in fact non-genuine.

Of course if it is genuine you have uninstalled any trial version of Office
and it's associated activation assistant then rebooted the computer.  Ensure
that the disk is clean without fingerprint smudges.

Word Perfect will not cause an issue with Office install.

0
LVTravel
5/21/2010 3:23:25 AM
On May 20, 10:23=A0pm, "LVTravel" <n...@nothere.com> wrote:
> "Flash101" <ibmonar...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > I purchased from Ebay and then tried to install a =A0full version of
> > Office Prof. 2007 but eventually I get this error msg :
> > "cannot find excel.en-us\excelMUI.msi". =A0and MS wants me to find it
> > someplace which I can't do. It appears that this file is not on my
> > HD.. How can I get this resolved?
>
> > The COA label indicated that this is an Office Pro 2007 English Intl
> > not to US cd. It appears to be an authentic MS Office 2007 product. I
> > expected the full version to simply install all the appropriate files
> > rather that ask me for them.
>
> > I have a Dell laptop with XP Pro Sp3. It came loaded with WordPerfect.
>
> > Any one here to help me!
>
> Ah, an eBay purchase. =A0There are so many pirated copies of Office being=
 sold
> on eBay it would surprise me that it is, in fact an original non-pirated
> disk and license. =A0There are a lot of good forgeries out there.
>
> See:http://www.microsoft.com/howtotell/to look at some of the pirated
> software. =A0Then see:http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/downloads/faq.aspx=
for
> obtaining legitimate software if it is in fact non-genuine.
>
> Of course if it is genuine you have uninstalled any trial version of Offi=
ce
> and it's associated activation assistant then rebooted the computer. =A0E=
nsure
> that the disk is clean without fingerprint smudges.
>
> Word Perfect will not cause an issue with Office install.

May 21, 2010 Office 2007
0
Flash101
5/21/2010 10:08:31 AM
On May 20, 10:23=A0pm, "LVTravel" <n...@nothere.com> wrote:
> "Flash101" <ibmonar...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > I purchased from Ebay and then tried to install a =A0full version of
> > Office Prof. 2007 but eventually I get this error msg :
> > "cannot find excel.en-us\excelMUI.msi". =A0and MS wants me to find it
> > someplace which I can't do. It appears that this file is not on my
> > HD.. How can I get this resolved?
>
> > The COA label indicated that this is an Office Pro 2007 English Intl
> > not to US cd. It appears to be an authentic MS Office 2007 product. I
> > expected the full version to simply install all the appropriate files
> > rather that ask me for them.
>
> > I have a Dell laptop with XP Pro Sp3. It came loaded with WordPerfect.
>
> > Any one here to help me!
>
> Ah, an eBay purchase. =A0There are so many pirated copies of Office being=
 sold
> on eBay it would surprise me that it is, in fact an original non-pirated
> disk and license. =A0There are a lot of good forgeries out there.
>
> See:http://www.microsoft.com/howtotell/to look at some of the pirated
> software. =A0Then see:http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/downloads/faq.aspx=
for
> obtaining legitimate software if it is in fact non-genuine.
>
> Of course if it is genuine you have uninstalled any trial version of Offi=
ce
> and it's associated activation assistant then rebooted the computer. =A0E=
nsure
> that the disk is clean without fingerprint smudges.
>
> Word Perfect will not cause an issue with Office install.

I did use those MS sites. It seemed to be authentic based on most of
the the examples given, including MS "Our Passion" key hole. The COA #
was not same as the US verison  shown. Office Intalled accepted the
product key number.I wish an expert could look it over but otherwise
it looks auth.  to me. I did install a trial verison some time ago and
thought I had removed all files. I am unsure as to how to find
"associted activation assistant" files..There may be some still
lurking about.  Looking at CP Add/Remove. I do see a series of Office
2007 updates like "Compatibility Pack for 2007  Odffice systems" and 6
similar update files. Are you recommedning removal of those files? Do
I need to edit the registry, too.

Thanks for your assistance.
0
Flash101
5/21/2010 10:09:34 AM
Flash101

If it say's on the CD "Office Pro 2007 English Intl " then you got screwed by the
seller on EBay. When it say's that on the CD then it was the CD that was given out
as a complimentary copy to someone that attended the MS Seminar at one point years
ago. Not much anybody can do for you unless you try to return the purchase or call
MS and pay your fee and hopefully they might be able to do something for you.Notice
I said hopefully

BTW: What gave it away was the word INTL after the version

--
Peter

http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Flash101" <ibmonarchi@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I purchased from Ebay and then tried to install a  full version of
> Office Prof. 2007 but eventually I get this error msg :
> "cannot find excel.en-us\excelMUI.msi".  and MS wants me to find it
> someplace which I can't do. It appears that this file is not on my
> HD.. How can I get this resolved?
>
> The COA label indicated that this is an Office Pro 2007 English Intl
> not to US cd. It appears to be an authentic MS Office 2007 product. I
> expected the full version to simply install all the appropriate files
> rather that ask me for them.
>
> I have a Dell laptop with XP Pro Sp3. It came loaded with WordPerfect.
>
> Any one here to help me!

0
Peter
5/21/2010 2:48:56 PM
On May 21, 9:48=A0am, "Peter Foldes" <maci252...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Flash101
>
> If it say's on the CD "Office Pro 2007 English Intl " then you got screwe=
d by the
> seller on EBay. When it say's that on the CD then it was the CD that was =
given out
> as a complimentary copy to someone that attended the MS Seminar at one po=
int years
> ago. Not much anybody can do for you unless you try to return the purchas=
e or call
> MS and pay your fee and hopefully they might be able to do something for =
you.Notice
> I said hopefully
>
> BTW: What gave it away was the word INTL after the version
>
> --
> Peter

> Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged.htt=
p://www.microsoft.com/protect

> "Flash101" <ibmonar...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> >I purchased from Ebay and then tried to install a =A0full version of
> > Office Prof. 2007 but eventually I get this error msg :
> > "cannot find excel.en-us\excelMUI.msi". =A0and MS wants me to find it
> > someplace which I can't do. It appears that this file is not on my
> > HD.. How can I get this resolved?
>
> > The COA label indicated that this is an Office Pro 2007 English Intl
> > not to US cd. It appears to be an authentic MS Office 2007 product. I
> > expected the full version to simply install all the appropriate files
> > rather that ask me for them.
>
> > I have a Dell laptop with XP Pro Sp3. It came loaded with WordPerfect.
>
> > Any one here to help me!

I would have preferred the E-bay seller informed me of the NOT US CD
version. However, I was able to get Office 2007 installed after
cleaning the disk (bad blocks) as you recommended. I very happy with
this product so far. and the MS MVP wrote that it differs only
slightly from US version but nothing noticeable. That's better that
being screwed!! <gg>
0
Flash101

RE-Installing

Also Can't Install Latest Update

Value Pak Installer

Outlook 2007 / Exchange 2007 Inbox sub-folders disappear...
I have several users that create sub-folders under their inbox on the Exchange 2007 server. The users are running Outlook 2007. Sporadically the sub-folders will disappear. We have been unable to retrieve them in any way. We have opened a ticket with Microsoft and after two days of troubleshooting we were told that it must have been "user error". The problem continues to occur and I have seen other posts explaining the same situation. Any ideas? You can use a tool like the MAPI Editor Tool to see if the folders are still in the mailbox. They may still exist but hidden...

Microsoft word 2007 04-21-10
To create a copyright symbol using the AutoCorrect feature, you must surround the letter "c" with which symbol? Do your own homework. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Sheena" <Sheena@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4F1C1982-FE01-4FE9-807C-7759DDD5D13B@microsoft.com... > To create a copyright symbol using the AutoCorrect feature, you must > surround > the letter "c" with which symbol? > With brackets. (c) "Sheena" wrote...

Add-In Is Not Valid Office Add-In Error Message
When I bootup Microsoft Outlook 2000 (9.0.0.2711), I get the following error message: 'C:\Windows\Application Data\Microsoft\Add-Ins\' is not a valid Office add-in. I also get this message when I open Outlook 2000, click on the Tools menu, click on Options, click on the Other tab, click on the Advanced Options button, and then click on the COM Add-Ins button. Would appreciate any help anyone may have to fix this problem. --Eric Ogawa This problem has been addressed in: "OL2000: Error Message: Not a Valid Office Add-in Starting Outlook" http://support.microsoft.com/supp...

Installation #4

Installer for my access application

Fresh install, crystal issue.

Installing XP over Linux

CRM SBS install error

Outlook 2007 11-19-09
I cannot send e mails larger than 3MB. I can receive large ones but if I want to forward, I have to save the file, go online to comcast email and upload the attachment. Then send it "hayhurst1" <hayhurst1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F36DBD25-1AF1-4AF3-8383-FB6F06668ADC@microsoft.com... >I cannot send e mails larger than 3MB. I can receive large ones but if I want > to forward, I have to save the file, go online to comcast email and upload > the attachment. Then send it Outlook has no limit. Comcast might, however. Exactly what hap...

Microsoft Office
Can I run microsoft office 2000 in a dell XP? Thanks MC You certainly should be able to I have xp home and have xl95, xl97sr2, and xl2002 all installed on mine. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "MCabot" <ICC@zoomtown.com> wrote in message news:d57c1$43074b60$453dae72$5006@FUSE.NET... > Can I run microsoft office 2000 in a dell XP? > > > > Thanks > MC > > Not sure what you mean by "dell XP", but see http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=217883 "Description of the system requirements for all editions of Office 200...

Internet Printing: Printer Installation Failed. The driver files are not available for the current CPU platform
Hi. I have a SBS 2003 machine, I have 2 shared printers set up on it for remote users to print via IPP. Both printers are connected to Windows XP workstations. When I browse to https://servername/printers, I see all the printers. I can use the Connect link to install one of the printers on my workstation however if I select the second printer and click on Connect I eventually get the error: Printer Installation Failed The driver files are not available for the current CPU platform. Please contact your administrator to install proper driver files on the server. I've v...

Issue installing KB916803
Hi, I currently have a problem trying to install the above hotfix. I am trying to test this hotfix with Exchange 2003 server running SP2. I have downloaded the SP2 version of the hotfix from MS, but when I try to run it on my Exchange BE server, I get an error back telling me that the version of Exchange I have is too old, and that I need to install SP2 (even though that is what is installed)! I have tried reinstalling SP2, which didnt fix the problem. I then tried installing on a FE server, which had the same issue. I have now tried this in four different E2k3 SP2 servers, and all ...

client installation
i have installed crm 3 server and it working fine. when i try to install the client i get this message :Action microsoft.crm.setup.client.installabpaction failed exception from hresult:08004010f can you help please gil Gil; What version of windows/outlook is installed? Which version of the outlook client are you installing (laptop or desktop)? Are you installing from the CD, or across a network share? At what point does it fail? Dave "Gil Gilon" <Gil Gilon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07D48A61-81B4-4B1C-BF43-9A45A01C5BB7@microsoft.com... &g...

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO INSTALL SPELL CHECK?
Go to www.c360.com. You can download a small spellcheck "add-on" that works with iespell. It's free and it works well. Regards, John ...

Excel won't start after install
After installing office XP excell goes through the motions but never actually starts...help Jon, Try the following: Go to the Windows Start menu, choose Run, and enter Excel.exe /regserver -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Jon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:010701c3aad2$20f75500$a301280a@phx.gbl... > After installing office XP excell goes through the > motions but never actually starts...help ...

installing updates. Never ends
when i did a restart, windows notified me it was installing updates and not to turn off the power as windows would restart itself. I keep getting a message the 2 of 3 updates installed. next says do not turn off computer.\\ well what do I do when the update never ends? TIA Snooky wrote: > when i did a restart, windows notified me it was installing updates > and not to turn off the power as windows would restart itself. > > I keep getting a message the 2 of 3 updates installed. next says > do not turn off computer.\\ > > well what do I do when the...

Excel 2003 installation error
I have been using my PC with excel program for 3 years and when I tried to open an excel spreadsheat today and it would not open. "Installation error: file not found" appeared. File not found was SKU011.CAB and I have not been able to reinstall as I don't have the installation CD as I bought the PC second hand with programs on it. Can anyone help? If you have access to another computer you could save the file from one computer to a disc and copy it in to the appropriate file folder in the computer with the error. "derk22" wrote: > I have been using my PC wit...

Office 2004 Mac install issue
Hi, Just visited a client with the following setup: 1 x brand new G5 iMac running Mac OS 10.4 1 x 2nd hand eMac 1 x copy of teacher version (3 licences) of Office 2004 Mac. The install on the iMac was faultless. The eMac is a different issue. As it was 2nd Hand we restored it to "out of the box" with the supplied DVD's (no old data remained on the machine). That brought it to 10.3.9. we then upgraded it to 10.4 using a fresh copy bought by the client. Trying to install Office the following happened. Using the setup assistant, the first screen was OK (telling us to be logge...