Installing Office 2007 and keeping Office 2003

My laptop computer has Office 2003 installed. I would like to install Office
2007, but keep Office 2003 as well. I need to do that as I have several Excel
2003 adins for statistical analysis and risk analysis and I do not want to
lose those adins (they do not work with 2007). How can I do that?

Make sure you uinstall it in a separate directly and not as an upgrade.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Bruckner" <Bruckner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My laptop computer has Office 2003 installed. I would like to install
> Office
> 2007, but keep Office 2003 as well. I need to do that as I have several
> Excel
> 2003 adins for statistical analysis and risk analysis and I do not want to
> lose those adins (they do not work with 2007). How can I do that?

0
JoAnn
2/1/2010 12:15:31 AM
"Bruckner" <Bruckner@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit :
> My laptop computer has Office 2003 installed. I would like to install
> Office
> 2007, but keep Office 2003 as well. I need to do that as I have several
> Excel
> 2003 adins for statistical analysis and risk analysis and I do not want to
> lose those adins (they do not work with 2007). How can I do that?

AFAIK, both suites can co-exist except Outlook.

ThePro

0
ThePro

outlook 2003 slow loading
I have 2 email accounts one from roadrunner and 1 from MSN setup in outlook 2003 but when you click on the outlook program it takes up to 5 mins before it loads the program and I can access the email. Whay can I do to fix this ...

Re-build Exchange 2003 AD
How would I go about re-building my Exchange Server 2003 AD? Something is not right with the OS it keep re-boot about once a day. I would like to re-install W2k3 and exchange and then restore the Information Store with out restore the C and D drives. Thanks for your help! "Maida" <Maida@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1B2B95D4-BE8C-4719-A657-7C1651244342@microsoft.com... > How would I go about re-building my Exchange Server 2003 AD? Something is > not > right with the OS it keep re-boot about once a day. I would like to > re-install W2k3 and...

SBS 2008
Title says it all.. I need to setup some Exchange 2007 Transport Rules to BCc *all* mail to a mail Enabled Public Folder for archiving purposes. I find if I create them in ESM then I cannot target a Public Folder ...only a Mailbox. I need them in a Public Folder and not a Mailbox. I think I'm going to need to do this in the Power Shell but am not that familiar with what syntax to enter. The mail-enabled Public Folder already exists, I just need the syntax for creation of the rules. Are there any good guides or references for this ? Jim wrote: >Titl...

Outlook 2003 #356
Hello there, My Outlook 2003 seems much slower then Outlook 2000 what I had before and more IO intensive on my computer. Is there any way to speed it up? Does it matter the exchange server verison back end? Thank you, T > My Outlook 2003 seems much slower then Outlook 2000 what I had before > and more IO intensive on my computer. Is there any way to speed it up? > Does it matter the exchange server verison back end? Thank you, T Did you change your hardware as well? Every version of Outlook is a little more hardware intensive than the last, so it's not entirely surprising that...

Why do Data markers in Excel 2003 appear to be bold?
When crating charts in Excell 2003 the Data Markers (numerous points) appear to be bold and blurry. This does not occur in Excel XP. Marker size is set to 2. ...

Exchange 2007 public folders....
I installed exch2007 beta2 and chose "no outlook 2003 clients" during installation. I think by doing this, the default public folder store is not created. I manually created a new pf store via the gui, then used powershell to create a new public folder. however outlook (2007 beta2) does not see the public folder hierarchy. is there something im missing? On Fri, 25 Aug 2006 14:17:26 -0400, "Jimmy" <j@j.j> wrote: >I installed exch2007 beta2 and chose "no outlook 2003 clients" during >installation. I think by doing this, the default public fold...

Windows 7 home and Outlook 2007
Is Windows 7 home compatible with outlook 2007? Thanks. I think you mean is Outlook 2007 compatible with Win7, and yes it is "Sydney" <Sydney@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B6C37FDE-7116-4DB7-8B64-42348FE7E3DB@microsoft.com... > Is Windows 7 home compatible with outlook 2007? > > Thanks. Yes, make sure you install Service Pack 2 and additional updates for Office 2007 after installing though. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downl...

: in cell references in formula (Excel 2003)
Someone put the following formula into a spreadsheet that I have to maintain: =ABC!H14:ABC!H18+ABC!H24 I understand the use of : to pass a ranged to a function, but this does not make sense to me. It only adds the values from H14, H18, and H24. Is the use of the : here a typo that happens to work, or is there a good useful purpose for it? Thank you. JerryK It doesn't seem like that should be working. I get a #VALUE! when I use it. If it was intended to sum the range plus H24, then: =SUM(ABC!H14:H18)+ABC!H24 If only those three cells were supposed to be added, then: =SUM(ABC!H14,A...

2003 Publisher and PDF Question
When i convert a published file to pdf, the objects i inserted are lost. What am i doing wrong? A few more details please. What objects? What .pdf software are you using? -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 "Kat" <Kat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6FB0E760-6F64-4698-9B86-3498D3BF52EC@microsoft.com... > When i convert a published file to pdf, the objects i inserted are lost. > What am i doing wrong? ...

how to keep the selection colored?
I have 3 list controls in my Dialog based application. I use mouse to select 1 item in each list control. When I click 1 item on one of the list controls, it is colored "blue", but when I click another item on another list control. The first item color is not blue. How to keep it colored? Of course, if I click other item in same list control, I do not need to keep the color. "kathy" <yqin_99@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1139254470.953258.115110@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... >I have 3 list controls in my Dialog based application. I use mouse to > select...

Mac user with pointless Office
Hello, Dear Microsoft developers, I'm a Mac user, who's new to Mac. And I used to be Windows user as most of the people. The thing I'm sad about now is the Microsoft Office for the mac. As an Arabic user, I can't read nor write in Arabic at Word, or any of the Microsoft program, which was a huge disappoint for me. Now though, with the news of the new Microsoft Office for mac, all of Arab users are waiting and hoping that there will be an Arabic support. I wish that you give me your response and tell me if there will be an Arabic support or not? knowing that the Office on window...

Is any tech support included with purchase of Visio Pro 2003?
My co-workers are insisting that some support is included when one purchases products from Microsoft (30 days, maybe?). I can't find anything about how to access it (if, indeed, that's true). Is there any free support available for users, and if so, who do I call/e-mail, or is it all on a $35/issue basis right from the start? Thanks for any info... p.s. I've RTFMed until I'm blue in the face - the answers to my questions (2) are not there. Product support varies by country, so you will need to go to http://support.microsoft.com and then pick the product and country t...

Connecting to CRM through MS Access 2003
Hello: In the past I've been able to connect to and update CRM data through MS Access 2003. We recently had to move CRM to another server. This seemed to have been done successfully, but when I tried to use MS Access for a quick report, I was not able to reconnect to the same tables. All I have now are the dbo.Filtered tables which apparently will not allow updates. Does anyone have any suggestion on what to change so that I can alter data through MS Access again? I do not recommend doing something like this. Directly updating the tables risks corrupting the security model of the...

Headers & Footers do not work in PPT 2007
In the "Insert - Text" group in PPT 2007, three things produce absolutely no results: "Header & Footer", "Date & Time", and "Slide Number". I'm using PPT 2007 in Windows 7. I have gone through all the designated steps several times, but cannot get any of those to yield what they are supposed to. Nothing happens. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I'm not sure what designated steps you're using. What about Insert | Header & Footer. Does that do any better for you? Do your slides have placeholders for the headers...

Office 2007 does not install all features
I recently installed as an upgrade Office 2007 on a machine that already had 2003. I needed to retain the 2003 I am noticing that certain features did not upgrade to the 2007 format, e.g., the Out of Office Assistant in 2007 in still the old Out of Office, Scheduling Assistant is still the old Scheduling. In Excel I am missing a couple of icons. I want to be able to use the new features especially in the Out of Office Assistant. Is there any way to redirect the location where Office 2007 looks? I have done this before with other versions and had no problem. The versions are ...

Change default access permission on outlook 2003 calendar
Hi, When a new mailbox is created, the Default permission for Calendar is set to None. In order to change it, you have to run Outlook to connect to the mailbox and change it. Is there a way to change the Default permission in Calendar so that when the mailbox is created, it will be set to the desired setting, eg Reviewer so that everyone in our organisation can access other peoples calendars. Are there any good but easy to use third party applications that will enable us to do this? Your help would be greatly appreciated, rabi There are several programs listed at the link below. You m...

Auto-forwarding private messages in Exchange 2003
In Exchange 5.5 you could set an auto-forward from one account to another without having the Private and confidential items included. In Exchange 2003 it appears to forward all messages when setting it in Delivery Options. Is there a way to exclude these items without having to set a rule in every mailbox seperately ? -- Regards, Marc On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 06:37:03 -0700, "Marc" <Marc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In Exchange 5.5 you could set an auto-forward from one account to another >without having the Private and confidential items included. In Exchange 20...

Need to Reset a Site Folder in Exchange 2003 Server... GUIDGEN.EXE Q
I need to reset a site folder using GUIDGEN.EXE because of an offline address book problem that I've been having, when people sync in Outlook: 10:07:25 Microsoft Exchange offline address book 10:07:25 0X8004010F Anyhow, I'm following the instructions here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q822444 And I'm a little worried about "When you create a new site folder, the data that was previously contained in the original site folder is lost." Will this blow away my public folders, and I'll lose the data? Does anyone have any experience they...

XP to Windows 7 Outlook 2003 to 2007 contacts no longer address b.
Used Belkin Easy Transfer/Windows Easy Transfer process to copy files from Windows XP (2 years old) computer to new Windows 7 computer. Went from Office Pro 2003 to Office Basic 2007. Everything seems ok -- Outlook has all of my old emails, my sent emails, etc. Contact list looks good. Calendar is fine. But when I try to send an email, there's no address book and I can't seem to find the proper place to reconnect the contact list as the address book. All of the previous questions like this are from 2006-2008, going from XP to Vista and the Microsoft files I've...

Can I buy upgrade for works to get office etc
I was told by a local retailer that if I have a recent version of works all I need to do to get excel or office it to buy the upgrade. Is this true? tia Hi see: http://www.microsoft.com/office/excel/howtobuy/default.mspx#EEAA -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:07f401c4ac3c$dfc2d740$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I was told by a local retailer that if I have a recent > version of works all I need to do to get excel or office > it to buy the upgrade. Is this true? > tia Most newer versions of Works and Wor...

Exchange 2003 Notfication from Monitor and Status
Can anyone tell me how to change the from email address that the Exchange System Manager uses to send notification emails about the status/monitor? We keep getting these alert emails put in the outook junk folder and when we try to put it in the whitelist it fails because it isn't a valid smtp email address format as it isn't fully qualified. The address shows as wmi@hostname without the .ca Regards, Brian ...

autoshape fill problems in Excel 2003
Hi, Just upgraded to Excel 2003 from Excel 2000. Now autoshapes are not transparent so that text can't be seen through them. I go to autoshape properties and choose No Fill and the shape remains black. I can also choose other fills but not "no fill". It is black. So the text is covered up. I've tried send to back on the autoshape object with no results. I've tried changing the color of the text to no results. When I open up the file in Excel 2000 the formatting is fine. Any ideas? Thanks, Kathy ...

Outlook 2003 error "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error if the problem persists restart outlook" #3
Hi, I am not able to perform actions like ReplyAll, Updating a task item.. on my outlook 2003, am getting the following error - The messaging interface has returned an unknown error if the problem persists restart outlook. Prior to this installtion i had outlook 2007 beta installed on my machine but I uninstalled it, actually during the uninstall process i had accidentally clicked the cancel button, later on i did the uninstallation from Control Panel. Then i tried installing outlook 2003 though the installation got executed smoothly but am not able to perform the above mentioned actions. Als...

outlook 2003 + Exchange 2003 #2
I have an Exchange 2003 server and all user using outlook 2003, each of the user will have more than one profile set in outlook, everytime user change profile, they have to login again. any method to save the exchange passowrd? (if the profile login and password is the same as their window login, not password needed for Exchange) Give the user proper permissions on the object that they are trying to open the mailbox from in AD U&C. Just curious; why do they need multiple mail profiles for mailboxes on the same Exchange server? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configur...

when installing microsoft office enterprise 2007 I got error 25004
I have a computer with OS Windows 7. Is this software is compatible or not? Ricardo wrote: >I have a computer with OS Windows 7. Is this software is compatible or not? > > Have you uninstalled any trial versions that may have come with your Windows 7 system? Trial versions and proper licensed versions aren't compatible with each other unless you know how to crack a trial version to convert it into a full version. hth Yes it is, but since Enterprise is a volume license you will need to seek direct support from whoever supplied it "Ricardo" &...