Installing Office 2000 (Word) on XP with pre-installed 2007

I installed my copy of Office 2000 on a 6-months old XP computer that had
Office 2007 pre-installed.  Thereafter, Excel 2000 works but when I open Word
2000, I get a blank document, as expected, but no tools or buttons at the
top.  I believe 2000 is trying to use tool files from 2007.

I have tried to load Office 2000 into its own directory named "Microsoft
Office 2000" but the install does not allow me to select the program files
subdirectory.  Could I temporarily change the "\Microsoft Office"
subdirectory name which contains Office 2007 to "\Microsoft Office 2007", and
load 2000?  I get a warning when I try to change the subdirectory name
"Microsoft Office".  Can I safely do so?

Assuming your version of 2007 is a trial you need to uninstall the Trial
together with Activation Assistant via add/remove, reboot, then repair your
2000 version.
A custom installation of 2000 allows you to set the path
And no you cannot change paths within explorer, if you do nothing will work

"Mike0to7" <Mike0to7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I installed my copy of Office 2000 on a 6-months old XP computer that had
> Office 2007 pre-installed.  Thereafter, Excel 2000 works but when I open
> Word
> 2000, I get a blank document, as expected, but no tools or buttons at the
> top.  I believe 2000 is trying to use tool files from 2007.
>
> I have tried to load Office 2000 into its own directory named "Microsoft
> Office 2000" but the install does not allow me to select the program files
> subdirectory.  Could I temporarily change the "\Microsoft Office"
> subdirectory name which contains Office 2007 to "\Microsoft Office 2007",
> and
> load 2000?  I get a warning when I try to change the subdirectory name
> "Microsoft Office".  Can I safely do so?

0
DL
11/20/2009 6:39:00 PM
Perhaps a Right Click on the top of the window will open the dialog box that
offers the various Tool Bars and Menus that you can select.

"Mike0to7" <Mike0to7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I installed my copy of Office 2000 on a 6-months old XP computer that had
> Office 2007 pre-installed.  Thereafter, Excel 2000 works but when I open
> Word
> 2000, I get a blank document, as expected, but no tools or buttons at the
> top.  I believe 2000 is trying to use tool files from 2007.
>
> I have tried to load Office 2000 into its own directory named "Microsoft
> Office 2000" but the install does not allow me to select the program files
> subdirectory.  Could I temporarily change the "\Microsoft Office"
> subdirectory name which contains Office 2007 to "\Microsoft Office 2007",
> and
> load 2000?  I get a warning when I try to change the subdirectory name
> "Microsoft Office".  Can I safely do so?

0
Jeff

RE-Installing

Outlook 2000 upgrade problems
I'm currently on Outlook 2000 SP-3 (9.0.0.6627), (but Belarc says I've still got v 9.0.6604) having installed a proffered "improvement" from Microsoft. I can see several changes, including a) an inability now to display new address book entries in the form "Smith, John" rather than John Smith; and b) an inability to send emails from any of my mailboxes - it now insists on sending from my default mailbox on behalf of the other mailbox. Can anyone advise whether, and how, I can revert to the previous version? Thanks in anticipation ...

How do I export WORD or PUBLISHER files to AOL instead of Outlook
I would like to imbed docs and pubs in AOL, not OUTLOOK, but I can't figure out how to do it. It can't be done. Your only option would be to use Outlook Express with your AOL (assuming that can still be done) and send them that way. And to be honest with you, I'm not 100% certain that will work. I dumped AOL several years ago so I don't know if they still support OE or that that process will work with Publisher. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Ellen" <Ellen@discussions.micro...

Also Can't Install Latest Update

contents in cells are not visible when word wrap is selected
It appears the profile or standard template for excel has been changed on my machine. Spreadsheets I worked on earlier this week that contained cells with word wrap as well as new spreadsheets I create have the same problem... When using word wrap, the contents of the cell "disapear" but are still visible in the formula bar. I've removed all formating and unchecked any cell formats with no success. I've checked all the file, edit, view, ect. settings for anything that appears to be unusual. Any sugestions would be appreciated... my IT department cannot look at my ...

Downloading email into Outlook on Windows XP into each person's profile
How do you configure Outlook 2002 so that when you download email, it is accessible to all users, regardless of their pprofile settings (Win XP)? If I download the email while in my profile, my wife cannot see the email I downloaded when in her profile. Why? Because at the moment you are using separate .PST files to store your data. You'll need to set up a shared .PST file for e-mail and put it where each of you can access it from your Windows profile. See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/olshare1.htm for examples. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail a...

Value Pak Installer

Add-In Is Not Valid Office Add-In Error Message
When I bootup Microsoft Outlook 2000 (9.0.0.2711), I get the following error message: 'C:\Windows\Application Data\Microsoft\Add-Ins\' is not a valid Office add-in. I also get this message when I open Outlook 2000, click on the Tools menu, click on Options, click on the Other tab, click on the Advanced Options button, and then click on the COM Add-Ins button. Would appreciate any help anyone may have to fix this problem. --Eric Ogawa This problem has been addressed in: "OL2000: Error Message: Not a Valid Office Add-in Starting Outlook" http://support.microsoft.com/supp...

Microsoft word 2007 04-21-10
To create a copyright symbol using the AutoCorrect feature, you must surround the letter "c" with which symbol? Do your own homework. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Sheena" <Sheena@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4F1C1982-FE01-4FE9-807C-7759DDD5D13B@microsoft.com... > To create a copyright symbol using the AutoCorrect feature, you must > surround > the letter "c" with which symbol? > With brackets. (c) "Sheena" wrote...

Issues with Word Wrapping in cells after a number of characters
I am using Excel 2000. I have word wrapping turned on in Excel for a cell and after reaching a certain amount of characters, word wrapping stops working. Does anyone know of a fix for this? Thanks, Jig. What is the number of characters? Look in help for specifications, excel can only display about 1024 characters in a cell Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Jig Bhakta" wrote: > I am using Excel 2000. I have word wrapping turned on in Excel for a cell > and after reaching a certain amount of characters, word wrapping stops > working. Does anyone know of a fix for this? >...

Installation #4

excel 2000 more than 8000 rows
I have file that is name, date, vol, page. There is over 8,000 rows of information. When I sort by vol & page it goes to 6024 and then starts over with the rest of the rows. Hope I am explaining myself. I don't find this if I sort by name. Is there anyway to overcome this? I have tried looking all over for help, can someone help or point me to a place that could help. TIA IdaKay idakay@dcwis.com IdaKay, It sounds as if the first 6024 are numbers, and the remainder are text. To convert them all to numbers, Select a blank cell, Copy. Select the entire column, Edit - Paste...

Installer for my access application

Mailboxs Store on Exch 2000 gateways
I go to the Mailbox Store on my gateway servers and I see: SMTP (Myserver-Guid) System Attendant SystemMailbox{Guid} I already dismounted the public folders from those servers because I don't need PF there. Do I necessarily need Mailbox Store mounted on those gateway servers ? All they are doing is routing e-mail from internal company <-> Internet. What are the roles of the three Mailboxes that appear above ? ...

Fresh install, crystal issue.

Installing XP over Linux

CRM SBS install error

Outlook 2007 11-19-09
I cannot send e mails larger than 3MB. I can receive large ones but if I want to forward, I have to save the file, go online to comcast email and upload the attachment. Then send it "hayhurst1" <hayhurst1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F36DBD25-1AF1-4AF3-8383-FB6F06668ADC@microsoft.com... >I cannot send e mails larger than 3MB. I can receive large ones but if I want > to forward, I have to save the file, go online to comcast email and upload > the attachment. Then send it Outlook has no limit. Comcast might, however. Exactly what hap...

Microsoft Office
Can I run microsoft office 2000 in a dell XP? Thanks MC You certainly should be able to I have xp home and have xl95, xl97sr2, and xl2002 all installed on mine. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "MCabot" <ICC@zoomtown.com> wrote in message news:d57c1$43074b60$453dae72$5006@FUSE.NET... > Can I run microsoft office 2000 in a dell XP? > > > > Thanks > MC > > Not sure what you mean by "dell XP", but see http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=217883 "Description of the system requirements for all editions of Office 200...

Internet Printing: Printer Installation Failed. The driver files are not available for the current CPU platform
Hi. I have a SBS 2003 machine, I have 2 shared printers set up on it for remote users to print via IPP. Both printers are connected to Windows XP workstations. When I browse to https://servername/printers, I see all the printers. I can use the Connect link to install one of the printers on my workstation however if I select the second printer and click on Connect I eventually get the error: Printer Installation Failed The driver files are not available for the current CPU platform. Please contact your administrator to install proper driver files on the server. I've v...

Outlook 2000 switch from Microsoft Exchange to POP3 caused error
I just tried to switch from Microsoft Exchange configuration of Outlook 2000 to POP3. Installlation Wizard asked for CD and I am traveling and do not have it with me. Now I can't switch back to Microsoft Exchange because every time I invoke Outlook it tries to find the CD. How can I get back to my MS Exchange configuration? You can try this, but I can't guarantee it will work. Make sure you select Export from the FIle menu in Registry Editor before deleting anything in this registry key. That way, you can always put it back if something goes wrong. Open Regedit -select St...