Installation error: Office 97 on Vista

I get the following error when installing Office 97 Professional on Vista:
Setup parse error in initialize pass Object ID 11005: RegOleAu
CAH:OleDllRegisterServer call failed. I cannot uninstall it as a result of
this and just want to get rid of it. I have Office 2007 now and installed
that successfully, but 97 remian on my laptop. Plse assist.

Insert the installation CD and select Remove Office 97

--
Peter

"Hnie" <Hnie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I get the following error when installing Office 97 Professional on Vista:
> Setup parse error in initialize pass Object ID 11005: RegOleAu
> CAH:OleDllRegisterServer call failed. I cannot uninstall it as a result of
> this and just want to get rid of it. I have Office 2007 now and installed
> that successfully, but 97 remian on my laptop. Plse assist.

0
Peter
11/26/2009 3:14:28 PM
Vista does not support Office 97.

"Hnie" <Hnie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I get the following error when installing Office 97 Professional on Vista:
> Setup parse error in initialize pass Object ID 11005: RegOleAu
> CAH:OleDllRegisterServer call failed. I cannot uninstall it as a result of
> this and just want to get rid of it. I have Office 2007 now and installed
> that successfully, but 97 remian on my laptop. Plse assist.

0
Jeff
11/26/2009 4:38:30 PM
Hi Jeff

LOL. I think he found out pretty quick didn't he

--
Peter

"Jeff Strickland" <crwlrjeff@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Vista does not support Office 97.
>

> "Hnie" <Hnie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I get the following error when installing Office 97 Professional on Vista:
>> Setup parse error in initialize pass Object ID 11005: RegOleAu
>> CAH:OleDllRegisterServer call failed. I cannot uninstall it as a result of
>> this and just want to get rid of it. I have Office 2007 now and installed
>> that successfully, but 97 remian on my laptop. Plse assist.

0
Peter
11/26/2009 8:02:31 PM
Same Problem, same idea of solving it, but I´m afraid a little.
Hasn´t the newer office version used files of the older one, which would
be deleted on deinstalling it ?

Greetz
Thomas
german resident ;-)

Peter Foldes schrieb:
> Insert the installation CD and select Remove Office 97

0
Thomas

RE-Installing

Also Can't Install Latest Update

Value Pak Installer

Exchange 2003 ESM errors
when trying to open Public Folders in teh Exchange System Manager I am receiving the following error; The operation failed due to an invalid format in the HTTP request. Verify that the host header is correct for the virtual server. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated; tim Tim, http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;282125 E "TimW" <tim.watson@republink.com> wrote in message news:05a501c3c34e$ca07a570$a101280a@phx.gbl... > when trying to open Public Folders in teh Exchange System > Manager I am receiving the following error; &...

Add-In Is Not Valid Office Add-In Error Message
When I bootup Microsoft Outlook 2000 (9.0.0.2711), I get the following error message: 'C:\Windows\Application Data\Microsoft\Add-Ins\' is not a valid Office add-in. I also get this message when I open Outlook 2000, click on the Tools menu, click on Options, click on the Other tab, click on the Advanced Options button, and then click on the COM Add-Ins button. Would appreciate any help anyone may have to fix this problem. --Eric Ogawa This problem has been addressed in: "OL2000: Error Message: Not a Valid Office Add-in Starting Outlook" http://support.microsoft.com/supp...

M2003 updates error
I have been getting this since last evening: "An unknown error has occurred. Please try the operation again. If the problem persists, reinstall Money from your original product disks" Anyone else seeing this? Any easier way to resolve this than re-installing Money? The program seems to be working fine otherwise ... -- Aloke --- to reply by e-mail remove 123 and change invalid to com ...

Vista Ultimate, Invalid Disk Pack
Hi! A weird problem. I used to have 3 USB disks (dynamic GPT) running fine under Vista Ultimate. Then I made a fresh Windows 7 Home Premium install. Noticing that it didn't recognise my disks (and other problems as well), I decided to go back to Vista Ultimate (using Windows.old). But now the original Vista Ultimate installation didn't recognise them either! They have status Invalid in Disk Management Console. DISKPART sees the disks, and also the partitions, but it doesn't appear to find any volumes. Any command I try to do returns the error message that it is no...

Installation #4

Installer for my access application

Headquarters client error " Local and HQ databases are not synchro
Message Headquarters client error “Local and HQ databases are not synchronized – Some worksheets will not be processed Please kindly recommend I have an existing database in SO, HQ will not overwrite data. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0073_01CAF8F0.F7F330B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Phusit, Has this ever worked? Have you run a 101 worksheet? --=20 Jeff=20 Check Point Software Search this newsgroup -- http://tinyurl.com/2lmk4w (Stolen from DRS) =3D=3...

Error Message when I try to open Excel files
Just got a new computer with Windows XP Home Edition. The old compute was Windows 98. Whenever I try and open any of my Excel 9 spreadsheets, I get error message: "A document with the same '******.xls' is already open. You canno open two documents with the same name, even if the documents are i different folders. To open the second document, either close th document that's currently open, or rename one of the documents." If I click OK the spreadsheet is ready. It apparently wants to open the same file twice. Any suggestions a this is becoming aggrevating and somet...

F9 error
hello all, when one of my client presses F9 to change user for discount the keep getting hatches across the ENTIRE screen. has anyone encountered this problem and if so how did you get around it>thanks This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_02CA_01CA53E5.9D11B500 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Trinidave, The crosshatches indicate an error has occurred. Maybe someone has = remapped the F9 key to something else? --=20 Jeff=20 Check Point Software Search this newsgroup -- http://tinyurl.com...

Rescue Vista
Hi, In the event of Vista becomming infected such that it wont boot, it might be a good idea to download a rescue disk in advance. Any free recommendations. I connect via wifi. Thanks A "species8350" wrote: > Hi, > > In the event of Vista becomming infected such that it wont boot, it > might be a good idea to download a rescue disk in advance. > > Any free recommendations. I connect via wifi. > > Thanks > > A > . > Google is your friend. UBCD4Win, Knoppix. Norton Ghost -- Americano TRYING THE SA...

#VALUE error
I am using Excel from Office 2007. I transfered a spreadsheet program from a Works spreadsheet, which I had adapted from one supplied with the program. It calculates your mortgage payments. I adapted it to calculate ROI from several variables on prespective rental properties. In Excel I get a #VALUE error when a cell conditionally references another cell that references another cell. I have attached several of the cell functions. =IF(AND(F5,F6,F7),PMT((F6/12)/100,F11,-F5),"") =IF(AND(G8,G9,G10),PMT((G9/12)/100,G13,-G8),"") =IF(G24,G24/G5,"") The online ...

Fresh install, crystal issue.

Return error #VALUE!
Why do I get this error with this formula? =IF(D3=0,"",E3/2000)*(G3/D3) What's in E3? What's in G3? What's in D3? If they're really all numbers, maybe you want: =IF(D3=0,"",(E3/2000)*(G3/D3)) (you can't multiply "" by g3/d3.) GYoder wrote: > > Why do I get this error with this formula? =IF(D3=0,"",E3/2000)*(G3/D3) -- Dave Peterson ...

Installing XP over Linux

Public Folder Replication Errors
Hi All I've a strange public folder problem. Were on an Exchange 2000 / Windows 2000 AD platform, each site/country has their own exchange enviornment. Any shared public folders have replicas on all exchange servers. The problem is that we have a shared public folder hosted on an exchange server on a different site. We seem to be reciving all inbound replication changes to the public folder. When we post any changes to the public folder, outbound replication does not seem to take place and the changes posts do not appear. I can see inbound events but not outbound. Logging has been s...

Two documents with the same name
When trying to open an excel file by double-clicking on the document file in windows explorer, excel opens with the error, "A document with the name 'document.xls' is already open. You cannot open two documents with the same name, even if the documents are in different folders. To open the second document, either close the document that's currently open, or rename one of the documents." The same results happen by double clicking on a shortcut to a file or selecting the file from the my documents recent list. Within Excel, File Open seems to work just fine. The ...

CRM SBS install error

Re: Entourage for Mac Error
Thanks very much. I went into my account and unchecked all the boxes I the Receiving mail menu except for "This POP service requires a secure secure connection (SSL)" and it seems to work now. Allan On 10-01-11 8:34 PM, in article C77111AD.21F14%EntourageHelp@gmail.com, "Diane_Ross_MVP@officeformac.com" <Diane_Ross_MVP@officeformac.com> wrote: > On 1/11/10 1:17 PM, in article C770FF97.2A36%jigtime@sympatico.ca, "Allan > Meltzer" <jigtime@sympatico.ca> wrote: > >> Today, all of >> a sudden, I can not access my...

Security Update error code
The automatic security download from Microsoft has tried several times to download Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 SP1 Security Update for Win2000 and WinXP KB979906 and the installation has failed. Error code is O or 0x643. I am using WinXP Home Edition, Ver 5.1 and SP3. No help from MX on-line do-it-yourself stuff. Not sure what to do next. Any help or suggestions? -- Pink Lady [Crosspost to Windows Update newsgroup] OPTION A: See the "How to obtain help" section of http://support.microsoft.com/kb/979906 For home users, no-charge support is available by calli...