Install Sharepoint Support for Office 2003

I want to change an existing Office 2003 network installation.
The feature I want to add is Windows SharePoint Services Support.
I tried to do this via the Custom Maintenance Wizard.
But the Windows Sharepoint Services Support will not install.

Hopefully someone can help me with this.
I don't want to manually install the feature for 300+ clients.

Have you tried to ask in the sharepoint newsgroup ?

On the web:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.sharepoint.general

--
Peter

"Fitz" <Fitz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I want to change an existing Office 2003 network installation.
> The feature I want to add is Windows SharePoint Services Support.
> I tried to do this via the Custom Maintenance Wizard.
> But the Windows Sharepoint Services Support will not install.
>
> Hopefully someone can help me with this.
> I don't want to manually install the feature for 300+ clients.

0
Peter
2/9/2010 12:06:46 AM
Have not tried that yet.

I will ask same question there.

"Peter Foldes" wrote:

> Have you tried to ask in the sharepoint newsgroup ?
>
> On the web:
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.sharepoint.general
>

> --
> Peter

> "Fitz" <Fitz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I want to change an existing Office 2003 network installation.
> > The feature I want to add is Windows SharePoint Services Support.
> > I tried to do this via the Custom Maintenance Wizard.
> > But the Windows Sharepoint Services Support will not install.
> >
> > Hopefully someone can help me with this.
> > I don't want to manually install the feature for 300+ clients.
> >

> .

Exchange 2003 SP2 installation
1) There is no setup.exe after I expand the file under the setup\i386 or setup folders. There is one in the ADC folder .. the only file I see under setup\i386 is update.exe when I double click on that, it gives me an error message. Any idea's what's going on? 2) How do I determine what is the service pack level on my server? Do I start System Manager and go to Administrative groups and right click on my server and go to General Tab to see the service pack? Thank you 1. For an SP, it's update.exe. 2. Do determine the SP level, look on the properties of the server for the bui...

Access 2003
Hi, I am trying to set up a database on Access that Monitors incoming and outgoing email traffic for specific group addresses in an Exchange Enviroment. This only needs to be a simple culmulative count with a date stamp. Not too sure how I would start this. Many thanks in advance for any help that can be given. My guess is to use MAPI to connect to and interact with the server. From there, there should be code available to read the traffic. "MaccaUK" wrote: > Hi, > > I am trying to set up a database on Access that Monitors incoming and > ...

Outlook Message Handling Option stopped working after CRM install
After installing Microsoft CRM client, The feature in Outlook 2003 Tools-->Options-->Preferences-->Email Options-->Message Handling-->Choose 'Open the next item' in the dropdown, no longer works. The option can be selected but when a message is opened and deleted Outlook simply returns to the inbox rather then opening the next item as requested. ...

additional exchage in a shared address space / install question
Hello Group! I am about to run out of space on my exchange server, so I came here for an advice. I have 3 physical locations Location 1 - Headquarters (50 Users in the workgroup environment) Location 2 - Remote Site (10 Users Domain Environment with Exchange) Location 3 - Remote Site (7 Users Domain Environment) I have a Gateway to Gateway VPN tunnel between Location 2 and 3. I am in a single Active Directory 2003 forest with a single domain (mycompany.local) DC at the location 2 holds all 5 FSMO roles. Exchange 2003 Enterprise is configured on the same server. Users from 2nd location run...

Rules-Outlook 2003-"on this machine only"
When I specify that I want to send a copy of all messages that I send in a specific account...i get the added cindition "on this machine only". I copy my pst file from machine a and b...I uderstand that I have to check to be sure that all rules are active after I copy from machine...but how do I get away from this unselected condition. Exactly the same thing happens when I specify that all messages that are received via a specific account be sent to a folder. ...

Can Excel 2003 Do This?
Thanks in advance for anybody that can help me with this... Here's what I want to do: I have a workbook that I have recreated in excel for my boyfriends work. One of the sheets is a weekly production report that he sends in to his employer to get paid. There is a separate sheet that has a list of available units with three columns; 1)Unit ID, 2) Description, 3)Unit price. I would like to somehow make it so all he has to do is type in the Unit ID on the corresponding cell on the production report and have it automatically fill in the correct description, unit price & when he enters t...

Separate Outlook installations or identities?
A colleague has Outlook 2003 installed on their machine and wants to set it up so she and her husband can access their own emails separately. Since they swap between the computers all the time, they don't want to faff around with separate Windows logins, and she says that on an old PC they simply had separate Outlook icons on the desktop, but neither she nor I know how this was set up. I'm guessing this is dealt with by creating a new profile, but I need a simple walkthrough for creating another Outlook profile, and then creating two distinct shortcuts which will link directly...

Outlook 2003
Is there a text file to edit on the computer for this list, opposed to doing it in outlook 2003? No. The list is still built dynamically when you add senders to the list. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer BoDEAN <jbo@not_a_valid_email_addy.com> asked: | Is there a text file to edit on the computer for this list, opposed to | doing it in outlook 2003? ...

To MS: bug report for Outlook 2003
Hello, I did not find any website to submit a bug report, so I use this newsgroup. Outlook 2003, german, all updates applied (22 july 05) Problems with rules: I have about 15 email accounts defined and about 30 rules. When I create a rule to move received email to an other folder, and when using 'Emails received on this account' this is not working problerly: For some rules the wrong account is used. When I edit the rule in the list a wrong account is displayed (and is used for the rule) but when I click to change the account, the correct account is dispalyed. I have imported 30...

Backup a users mailbox in Exchange 2003
We have recently terminated a couple employees, and I would like to make a copy of their mailboxes. How do I go about doing this? -- Chuck On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 06:36:02 -0800, chb12 <chb12@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We have recently terminated a couple employees, and I would like to make a >copy of their mailboxes. How do I go about doing this? Exmerge is always a good option. What I normally do is open their mailbox on my outlook, then create a PST (name it the users name). Once the PST is created I copy the contents of their mailbox into the PST. From there you ...

Outloo 2003 pst files
I upgraded office xp with office 2003 beta....on Nov 30th when beta expired i went back to using office xp..all works apart from i am unable to access the pst files i created when i was using outloo 2003...any advice on how i can access these files?? pls reply to my email: tahir_uk@yahoo.com Thanks Check out http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2003.htm#betaexp -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! "Tahir" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

Missing function in Excel 2003 #2
I have a user that is complaining about a missing function in Excel 2003. He calls it a "Coalition matrix", I have never heard of it before. He used to have it in Excel 2000. Any ideas? Hi never heard about this. Maybe he has to install the Analysis Toolpak Addin ('tools - addins'). "Galldrian" wrote: > I have a user that is complaining about a missing function in Excel > 2003. He calls it a "Coalition matrix", I have never heard of it > before. He used to have it in Excel 2000. Any ideas? > Never heard of a coalition matrix. The Analysi...

Converting Access 2002 to Access 2003 Database
Hi My company has just updated to Window Xp professional ( Operating System ) and Microsoft Office Xp professional. Previous version were Window 2000 and Microsoft Office Xp professional. I have quite few Access database design in Access 2002 ( ie Office Xp ) When I try to convert this database to Access 2003, it gave me error, saying I need to download and update " Microsoft Jet 4.0 service pack 8". I downloaded and updated my systems. When I try to open this database, I get following error " Security Warning : Unsafe expressions are not blocked. Microsoft jet 4.0 service ...

Outlook / Exchange 2003 user connection problem
Ok, we are doing our Outlook configuration in a two step process first we add the Computer to the domain ( not the user ). Then we configure Outlook with the exchange server and user information. All of our users are created and have a default password. Problem is that when we go to setup Outlook we are only able to setup 2 - 5 computers a day. After we get 2 - 5 setup, when we try to install/configue another Outlook client we receive a message that say Cannot connect to Exchange server or Exchange server does not exist. But if we wait a day and go back to setting up Outlook again we are ab...

Move Local Folders from Outlook Express to Outlook 2003
I received Office 2003 as a gift. I added a new email account in Outlook 2003, so hopefully my mail will stop going to Outlook Express and start arriving at Outlook 2003. Can I move my local folders from Outlook Express to Outlook 2003. If so how. Bob J ...

opening a word 2003 document with word 2007
I created some documents on Word 2003 and have been unable to open them with Word 2007. I tried saving them as .docx and .rtf on Word 2003 with no luck. The posts that I have seen thus far have not helped. Does anyone have any suggestions? What happens when you try? Word 2007 should have no difficulty opening Word 2003 documents or RTF documents. Word 2003 can only save docx format if it has the compatibility pack installed. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word...

SBS2003 Installation
Does anyone know whether I can load enough components from SBS2003 installation without loading exchange to support BES. If possible I'd like to Install SBS2003 on a separate machine, load BES, and connect to our SBS2008 exchange, as opposed to purchasing Server 2003. Thanks. No. SBS was not designed to be installed piecemeal. Just as importantly, two SBS machines cannot exist on the same domain. This is both a legal and technical restriction. For companies that need BES, SBS 2008 Premium is a good choice as it comes with a second-server license. -Cliff "...

Compatibility between Outlook 2003 and Exchange 5.5
Are there any compatibility issues between Outlook 2003 and Exchange 5.5? We installed about 30 PCs with Outlook 2003. We configured them to connect to our Exchange 5.5 server, NOT using "Cached Exchange Mode." When users switch from Calendar to Inbox and back or from Notes to Inbox and back, there is a noticeable delay--about 5-10 seconds--and we get a pop-up balloon in the systray that the client is trying to connect and retrieve information from the Exchange server. We are on a 100Mbps switched network and each client has 100Mbps connection on the PC. The server also has a 10...

CRM and Great Plains Basic Installation Instructions for Client
I did a search for installation instructions for CRM and it reported no articles found. Just loading CRM can be a major ordeal with this fix and that fix, and to not have an easy to find detailed instructions is just confounding to me. How about just a basic list on how an installation of CRM and Great Plains on the client system. Thank you. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow t...

Shurtcutissue Office 2004 / Adobe-Products
Hi! Since i have installed Office 2004 on my OS X 10.3.4 i noticed following error: The shortcuts for the magnifier (apple + spacebar) and the dragtool (apple) arent working. This applies to InDesign CS 3.01, Photoshop CS 8.0 and Illustrator CS 11. I havent testet other applications. Any hints? Best regards, MacMaster You aren't the only one who has noticed this, but others have said no problem in the same setup. It's been reported as an Entourage fault, specifically that the shortcuts glitch out if Entourage is open at the same time, but are fine if Entourage is closed. Can y...

How does Outlook 2003 handle the MIME type message/rfc822?
Hello, could anyone tell me excactly how Microsoft Outlook 2003 handles the MIME mediatype "message/rfc822"? The reason I am asking is because I am currently working on a gateway to convert mail from a custom format to the rfc2822/rfc2045-2049 specification(s). In this custom format, it is entirely possible for a mail message to have whole mail messages attached. It seemed like this would be easily solved by using the message/rfc822-type to include the entire mail, but this turned out to be a problem if the attatched mail was itself a MIME multipart-message. In that case, Outlook si...

2007 Office Ultimatae installation and setup
Bought 2007 Office Ultimate from legitimate looking Microsoft site. Ship from Digital River. Clicked download to install on line as that is the only choice. It did not come in a CD. Then clicked save. It auto started by itself. I assumed it was loaded in the C drive but cannot find it anywhere. I was not able to install nor run it. I am running Vista. It did say it would be better to download it onto a CD but it did not give me any choice. It just auto downloaded but where I do not know. Please help. Thanks. You posted the same Q several hours ago on another group, and failed to...

Outlook 2003 hangs opening msg with attachments
I just upgraded to Office 2003 from Office XP on Windows XP Pro. Outlook 2002 worked just fine. Now Outlook 2003 three hangs often, especially when I am trying to open a message and almost always when the message has an attachment. Sometimes I can go to the file menu and open it from there but from the right-click menu or double-clicking it hangs sometimes with no attachment and almost always if there is an attachment. Anyone know how to fix this? Lee Robinson ...

Do I need Windows 2003 Enterprise for Exchange 2003 Enterprise?
Hi I am upgrading our server to Windows 2003 either Standard or Enterprise. I know that I want Exchange 2003 Enterprise because we have the Standard version at the moment and are about to hit the 16GB limit. Do I need Windows 2003 Enterprise for Exchange 2003 Enterprise? What will Windows 2003 Enterprise give me that Standard does not? Any help is appreciated. Thanks. No you don't. You would only need Windows 2003 Enterprise if you are planning on doing clustering. I'm sure there are some other things it will get you, but clustering capability is one of the big additions. -...

stopping 2003 enterprise CA
Hello all I have an enterprise 2003 CA that's running on a DC. I want to stop the CA services on this box, to get an idea of what might break out in the wild. When stopping the CA services, will machines that already have a cert from the CA, be able to use this cert to authenticate? example we issue certs for wireless access to the network, if the machine already has the cert, they should still be able to use the wireless network, but I wanted to ask the questions to the experts Thanks If you Install CA on AD then you can't modify anything like computer name and ...