How to switch Office Enterprise 2007 from one computer to another

I recently bought a new computer.  I have Office Enterprise 2007 loaded on my
old computer.  When I tried loading the product onto the new computer it said
I had maxed out the number of computers I am allowed.  Question:  How do I
get the "authorized" software off my old computer (which is being trashed
once I do this) and get it on the new computer?

You get all the documentation that came with your HUP of Office 2007 Enterprise
along with the info that was given to you from the Company where you purchased it
and use the phone as per below

Here you will find the Phone numbers and email addresses as to where and whom to
contact about Office Enterprise and your issue.
Scroll down to the bottom of page to North America
https://licensing.microsoft.com/eLicense/L1033/overview.asp

--
Peter

"josh1954" <josh1954@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I recently bought a new computer.  I have Office Enterprise 2007 loaded on my
> old computer.  When I tried loading the product onto the new computer it said
> I had maxed out the number of computers I am allowed.  Question:  How do I
> get the "authorized" software off my old computer (which is being trashed
> once I do this) and get it on the new computer?

0
Peter
3/22/2010 11:39:09 PM
josh1954 wrote:

> I recently bought a new computer.  I have Office Enterprise 2007 loaded on my
> old computer.  When I tried loading the product onto the new computer it said
> I had maxed out the number of computers I am allowed.  Question:  How do I
> get the "authorized" software off my old computer (which is being trashed
> once I do this) and get it on the new computer?

No there is no such thing as "maxed" out nor there is any system of
removing the software from old computer and notifying Steve Ballmer of
Microsoft of your actions.

Please continue installing your software on your new machine whilst you
are offline and you should also install Office 2007 SP2 before going
online to activate your software.  Should activations fails, you are
always given the telephone number of Microsoft on the screen where you
can contact for manual activation.  I have not has any problems
activating Office 2007 on my systems.

hth
<------------------------------------------------------------------------------>
I can be seen on University challenge program representing Imperial
college London here:

<http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00rqmyj/University_Challenge_2009_2010_Episode_35/>
You need to find out my name. clue: I study Physics and I answered most
questions on Science, Mathematics and Computing but we lost to a better
team.
0
LD55ZRA
3/22/2010 11:40:36 PM
Office Enterprise does not give a phone number on the screen to activate. It is a VL
version and it takes more than just calling in. The OP will need all his
Documentation that came with that VL version and he needs to call with all the key
and purchase numbers along with the sellers ID

--
Peter

"LD55ZRA" <LD55ZRA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> josh1954 wrote:
>
>> I recently bought a new computer.  I have Office Enterprise 2007 loaded on my old
>> computer.  When I tried loading the product onto the new computer it said I had
>> maxed out the number of computers I am allowed.  Question:  How do I get the
>> "authorized" software off my old computer (which is being trashed once I do this)
>> and get it on the new computer?
>

> No there is no such thing as "maxed" out nor there is any system of removing the
> software from old computer and notifying Steve Ballmer of Microsoft of your
> actions.
>
> Please continue installing your software on your new machine whilst you are
> offline and you should also install Office 2007 SP2 before going online to
> activate your software.  Should activations fails, you are always given the
> telephone number of Microsoft on the screen where you can contact for manual
> activation.  I have not has any problems activating Office 2007 on my systems.
>
> hth
> <------------------------------------------------------------------------------>
> I can be seen on University challenge program representing Imperial college London
> here:
>
> <http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00rqmyj/University_Challenge_2009_2010_Episode_35/>
> You need to find out my name. clue: I study Physics and I answered most questions
> on Science, Mathematics and Computing but we lost to a better team.

0
Peter
3/23/2010 5:11:12 AM

Peter Foldes wrote:

> Office Enterprise does not give a phone number on the screen to activate. It is a VL
> version and it takes more than just calling in. The OP will need all his
> Documentation that came with that VL version and he needs to call with all the key
> and purchase numbers along with the sellers ID

Don't be silly.  If it is VL then clearly it requires no activation but
some Enterprise versions requires activation.  The exception is one that
is used by corporates and Universities that have "true" VL.

Enterprise were sold as VL as well as "retail" and the OP MUST have
retail version that requires activation.

Stop spreading lies and misinformation on these newsgroups.  How's you
escort Agency business?  Still making money from stupid girls and your
family members?
0
LD55ZRA
3/23/2010 9:36:06 PM
And that is the case with every Enterprise and Professional Plus version of Office.
They are all VL versions that individuals purchase through the HUP

--

> Peter Foldes wrote:
>>
>> Office Enterprise does not give a phone number on the screen to activate. It is a
>> VL
>> version and it takes more than just calling in. The OP will need all his
>> Documentation that came with that VL version and he needs to call with all the
>> key
>> and purchase numbers along with the sellers ID
>>

> Don't be silly.  If it is VL then clearly it requires no activation but
> some Enterprise versions requires activation.  The exception is one that
> is used by corporates and Universities that have "true" VL.
>
> Enterprise were sold as VL as well as "retail" and the OP MUST have
> retail version that requires activation.
>
> Stop spreading lies and misinformation on these newsgroups.  How's you
> escort Agency business?  Still making money from stupid girls and your
> family members?

0
Peter
3/23/2010 9:49:36 PM
Don't talk rubbish.  If they require activation then they are not VL.
PERIOD.  True VL requires no activation.

I hope you have capitalized your women in your ledgers because they are
an asset to your business.

Peter Foldes wrote:

> And that is the case with every Enterprise and Professional Plus version of Office.
> They are all VL versions that individuals purchase through the HUP

0
LD55ZRA
3/23/2010 9:56:48 PM
Yes it does when purchased through HUP  and it does when purchased directly also.
The Trial version does not

--

> Don't talk rubbish.  If they require activation then they are not VL.
> PERIOD.  True VL requires no activation.
>
> I hope you have capitalized your women in your ledgers because they are
> an asset to your business.
>

> Peter Foldes wrote:
>>
>> And that is the case with every Enterprise and Professional Plus version of
>> Office.
>> They are all VL versions that individuals purchase through the HUP

0
Peter

How do I relate data of one document to another ?
When I imput additional information on a word document I would like that information transfered to an excel document, Likewise if I input data in an excel document I would like to have it transfered to a word document. How do I do it ? I don't think you can have the same link work both directions but you can copy and paste as link and when the source is updated (probably the excel file since I don't see the point of having Word as a source in Excel) the link will be updated as well -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "bandi" <bandi@discussions....

Can you switch a documnet from a poster to a letter?
Once you created a poster can you resize it to a letter? I know that you can resize the paper, but the test remains poster size. I would create a .pdf file with that poster and then using Reader, print and scale it down to letter size. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "o2binny" <o2binny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B7EC493A-5E9E-4485-A710-9C5748010316@microsoft.com... > Once you created a poster can you resize it to a letter? I know that you > can > resize th...

Tekst usynlig ved skrivning af ny mail
Når jeg danner en ny mail og skriver teksten kan teksten ikke ses. Skriftfarven er Hvid. Hvorledes ændres skriftfarven for Outlook generelt? -- Best Regards Georg ...

So why are YOU switching or not switching to Quicken?
I have seen many posts from users who have switched to Quicken and others who have no plans at all to switch to Quicken. I have used MS Money for 10 years and didn't activate Money Plus until this year so I will get updates until the bitter end in Jan 2011. I'm hoping this thread will be useful to discuss reason(s) to switch or not switch that people might not have thought of by themselves. So here the reasons I have come up with for why someone would or would not switch to Quicken. What's yours? Reasons for switching - Upset Microsoft discontinued Money - Your onlin...

Microsoft Office Under a New Profile
Hi all.. I have a machine in our office which was bought and configured under Dell about a year and 1/2 ago. When I built a new profile under WINDOWS XP for a new user, and attempted to re-configure outlook (and office for that matter) under the new profile, it keeps asking me for installation disks. It turn out that DELL never shipped the installation disks with the machine for office. Of course the machine works fine under the old profile. Is there a way around this problem that doesn't involve installations disks?? Thanks in advance "jereviscious" <here@there....

Earned Value Report in Project 2007
I'm using MS Project 2007, have input all my tasks, costs, set baseline so all my numbers are populating great. I'm using the visual report to generate the earned value over time report (the pivot table and chart). Unfortunately while I am really good at most things Excel, pivot tables is not one of them. Project is populating the table with Quarters 1, 2 and 3. I only need Quarter 1 for my report. Is there a way to hide or delete the other two quarters from the table? Thanks for the help! Teri Hi Teri, I am guessing that you have your "Time Weekly Calendar&q...

MS Office Outlook is not responding
Office Outlook has ceased to open when I attempt to open it by any of means available. I get the message "MS Office Outlook is not responding. If you are using an Exchange server e-mail account, you can cancel pending server requests... etc." I am not aware of using an Exchange server e-mail account, and have tried to ascertain whether I am, to no avail. I have removed and reinstalled the entire Office (2003) program, but this has not solved the problem. Any ideas? Close Outlook. Find and rename outcmd.dat to .old. (If using Windows 2000 or XP, you will need to enable...

Office Pro on sub 700MHz Mac
I am about to buy Office 2004, but have the opportunity to buy Office 2004 Pro for very little extra cost. Although it is my intention to install Office on a 450 MHz G4, I'd quite like to have virtual PC for additional faster machine. I see that on the Microsoft website that the system requirements for Office Pro require a 700MHz Mac. Can anyone tell me if this is simply for Virtual PC, and can they confirm that the install requirements for the Office components are exactly those of the standard edition. Are there two completely separate CDs in the box, or do they use a combined installer...

Copy something to more than one sheet at once
Hi! I have a workbook with 30 sheets and i forgot to put some formulas in 28 sheets(this is an example of my problem). Now I would like to put the same formula(it could be text of anything else) on the same places in those sheets(all 28 of them). How can that be done? Thanks. Marko Hi Marko Select the first of the 30 sheets, hold the shift button down and select the 30th sheet. This will group them and the word Group will appear at the top left of the screen. Anything you do to one sheet, whilst grouped will be reflected in all of the grouped sheets. Select the complete range containing...

Office 2007 Ribbon Display Issues
I have a user who when switching between Office 2007 applications has issues where the ribbon from the previous application stays on screen whilst rest of screen changes to other application. For example if the user is working on an Excel spreadsheet and switches to Outlook the Excel ribbon stays on the screen, but the user can see and access emails in his Inbox. The PC has been rebuilt and had latest drivers and BIOS installed. User is using a Dell Optiplex GX620. Has anyone else come across this issue? If so how have you resolved it? ...

Have switched to Apple Mail!
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange Too many problems with syncing, missing email, etc. etc. <br><br>I've now switched to Apple Mail and it works WAY better! How easy was it to transfer all your old email and folders? 2008 was a big disappointment for me because I only got 1 minor feature I was waiting for (thesaurus access) and the HTML editing that nearly everyone asked for since 2004 came out was still missing. In fact, like Office 2007 on the PC, the user interface (in the other office applicat...

Access 2007 calculating . . . for a long time
Hi, just opened my access application made in access 2003 in my new access 2007. One issue is that calculating fields takes a very long time compared to access 2003. In the status bar to the left there is "Calculating . . ." for a long time (>10 seconds) Anyone else seen this? ...

Out off office
Have a problem: A user try use his Out Off Office, but when people are sending him a mail they dont get an answer... When i use the Out Off Office.. There is no problem!! Are the people who do not receive the Out of Office message internal or external? If external, this is by design. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Martin <hogies12@ofir.dk> asked: | Have a problem: A use...

Multiple Account Download from One Financial Instituition
Hi, I have at one brokerage mutliple accounts (individual, joint, 401K, roll-over etc). In Money they are all separate accounts. When I connect with the brokerage I am only able to connect to one type of account (in this case retirement). How can I download multiple accounts from a brokerage (when not all have the same URL). Please email me your reply. Thanks Sandeep ...

Forward an email sent to another user to a different box.
Hi all. I have a strange request. I need to to look for emails from a specific address and forward a copy of it to the IT box. example someone@somewhere.com sends and email to john@business.com I need that email to forward to the IT mailbox. I know I can do that with a rule within Outlook itself but I need to do this to several boxes. Is there a way I can write a GPO or incoming mail rule to do this? Thanks G not that I know of...you might want to look at this: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/library/journaling.mspx but it might be "overkill"...

Office 2003
I recently installed office 2003. Is it possible and how would I transfer the items of Microsoft Works to office 2003. Thanks! -- Bill "INTUITE" <INTUITE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7D2E5697-703D-4EDD-BF70-EC8C79FBD918@microsoft.com... > I recently installed office 2003. Is it possible and how would I transfer > the items of Microsoft Works to office 2003. > > Thanks! > -- > Bill You should ask in a discussion group for Office. This group is for .NET Framework discussions. Here's how to fins an appropriat...

/3gb switch
On 2 brand new Exchange 2003/Windows 2003 installs, I have modified the boot.ini file to include the /3GB /USERVA=3030 Exactly as instructed on the knowledgebase. However, I still recieve the memory settings warning whenever the servers boot up. Any ideas? The following KB article should guide you through some other settings that can be modified to optimize memory usage. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=815372&product=exch2003 -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP "Jorge Azcuy" <Jorge Azcuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:25EA3E6F-C66F-478A-...

install office 2007 (retail copy) on a netbook
I already own office 2007 Retail copy. I have had it installed on my gateway laptop for a few years now. I just purchased a samsung netbook with no CD drive. How can I install it on my netbook. I see no need to pay for the preinstalled version on the netbook, when I already own it. Can I download it from the internet to my netbook or is there some other way to install it without having to pay for another copy of it. Thanks You may find that buying an external drive is a good idea. Try copying the disc to a USB flash drive and install from that. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microso...

Office 2004 Read Write problem
I've read the archives ad nauseam and still can not solve this problem. I am very interested in the MS Office for Mac and downloaded the trial version before I paid for it to see if it is what I want. After the download, I moved the Office icon to Applications. When I open anything thereafter (Word, Excel, etc), I am greeted with "Microsoft Office 2004 Test Drive must be run by an administrator and on a volume with read/write permission. Make sure that you have administrator priveleges and the test drive is installed on a read/write volume". I am the only user on this compu...

Office programs go on there own
What is causing my programs to go on thier own? I can be typing away and it all of sudden starts adding text or it goes to the menu bar and starts pulling down things on the menu bar Any chance you're using xl2002 or higher? Maybe you've turned on the voice recognition feature and your pc is following your instructions! "perrink@neo.rr.com" wrote: > > What is causing my programs to go on thier own? I can be > typing away and it all of sudden starts adding text or > it goes to the menu bar and starts pulling down things on > the menu bar -- Dave Pe...

switching to windows 7
switching to windows 7, still need to have access to old e-mails. how can i access e-mails created in outlook express? Copy the ***ENTIRE*** OE message store to flash or CD. Do not copy individual dbx files. Put the copy of the message store on the Win7 Desktop. Open WLMail and File | Import | Messages | Outlook Express and point to where you saved them. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Jessica" <jstech@optonline.net> wrote in message news:uOEamPygKHA.1112@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > switching to windows 7, ...

Contents of cell copied to another sheet in case combo box value is choosen
I have a value range in a row (worksheet 1). That range is listed via Data > Name and Validation on another worksheet (2) How to have the name of cell A1 of Worksheet 2 mentioned in Worksheet 1 if the particular value is choosen? So: Worksheet 1: 10 20 30 X 40 Worksheet 2 (cell A1 = "Table"): I choose via combo box value 30. Neigboring cell X changed into "Table". Bart Excel 2003 ...

Access 2007/Word 2007 Mail Merge Opens Second Instance
I have an Access 2007 database where I can launch a Word 2007 merge document whose data source is a query that looks back to a control on the form for a parameter. I am forced to use DDE to link the document to the query, but Word then opens a second copy of the database (without the form showing) and is prompting for the value of the control. I have no database title specified. What's more confusing is that this problem only occurs on users' machines, not mine. All machines are Windows XP SP3. I've been Googling now for about 8 hours with no success (only hits t...

Office 2004 Cannot Start
I recently upgraded to a new laptop and gave my wife my old one. I had Office 2004 installed on the old laptop and moved it to my new one. I bought my wife a new copy of Office 2004, uninstalled the old Office copy from the old laptop (deleted the files and all the Office plist files I could find), and installed the new copy. The new Office copy shows a different product ID from the one on my new laptop. However, when I try to run Office 2004 on one of the laptops on my home network with Office 2004 already running on the other laptop, I get a "Office 2004 cannot start because another...

Outlook 2003 vs 2007
I have an Excel macro that retrieves calendar items for a user. It works fine for "normal" events for both the 2003 and 2007 versions of Outlook. But for recurring events it only works for the 2007 version. The macro doesn't see other than the first day for recurring events for someone that uses the 2003 version of Output. If you set up a recurring event for Monday through Friday at 8am for someone using Outlook 2007 my macro sees 5 separate events (one for each day at 8am) just like you would expect. If you setup the same type of event for someone that uses Outlook 2...