Can't install 2007 compatibility pack after uninstalling 2007 test

Hi. My computer came with Office 2007 preloaded but unpurchased. I had a copy
of Office 2003 Student with available licenses, so I uninstalled the 2007
test and installed 2003. Now, when I try to install the 2007 compatibility
pack I get an error message stating the program is already installed. I think
there is some remnant of 2007 stopping the compatibility pack installation.
To be certain, I tried to open a 2007 document and got gobbly-gook. Any ideas?

Did you also uninstall the Activation Assistant?
Do you have an Microsoft Office \ Office 12 folder in your Programs Folder?

"Woo" <Woo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi. My computer came with Office 2007 preloaded but unpurchased. I had a
> copy
> of Office 2003 Student with available licenses, so I uninstalled the 2007
> test and installed 2003. Now, when I try to install the 2007 compatibility
> pack I get an error message stating the program is already installed. I
> think
> there is some remnant of 2007 stopping the compatibility pack
> installation.
> To be certain, I tried to open a 2007 document and got gobbly-gook. Any
> ideas?

0
DL
6/5/2010 3:41:53 PM
Yes I did uninstall the Activation Assistant. I am at work right now, so I
don't have access to the computer. If there is an Office 12 folder should I
delete it?

"DL" wrote:

> Did you also uninstall the Activation Assistant?
> Do you have an Microsoft Office \ Office 12 folder in your Programs Folder?
>
> "Woo" <Woo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi. My computer came with Office 2007 preloaded but unpurchased. I had a
> > copy
> > of Office 2003 Student with available licenses, so I uninstalled the 2007
> > test and installed 2003. Now, when I try to install the 2007 compatibility
> > pack I get an error message stating the program is already installed. I
> > think
> > there is some remnant of 2007 stopping the compatibility pack
> > installation.
> > To be certain, I tried to open a 2007 document and got gobbly-gook. Any
> > ideas?
>
> .

Check what is shown for Office in Add/remove dialogue first.
Also check http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928218/en-us

> Yes I did uninstall the Activation Assistant. I am at work right now, so I
> don't have access to the computer. If there is an Office 12 folder should
> delete it?
>
> "DL" wrote:
>
>> Did you also uninstall the Activation Assistant?
>> Do you have an Microsoft Office \ Office 12 folder in your Programs
>> Folder?
>>
>> "Woo" <Woo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi. My computer came with Office 2007 preloaded but unpurchased. I had
>> > copy
>> > of Office 2003 Student with available licenses, so I uninstalled the
>> > 2007
>> > test and installed 2003. Now, when I try to install the 2007
>> > compatibility
>> > pack I get an error message stating the program is already installed. I
>> > think
>> > there is some remnant of 2007 stopping the compatibility pack
>> > installation.
>> > To be certain, I tried to open a 2007 document and got gobbly-gook. Any
>> > ideas?
>>
>> .

0
DL
6/5/2010 7:59:12 PM
"Woo" <Woo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi. My computer came with Office 2007 preloaded but unpurchased. I had a
> copy
> of Office 2003 Student with available licenses, so I uninstalled the 2007
> test and installed 2003. Now, when I try to install the 2007 compatibility
> pack I get an error message stating the program is already installed. I
> think
> there is some remnant of 2007 stopping the compatibility pack
> installation.
> To be certain, I tried to open a 2007 document and got gobbly-gook. Any
> ideas?

Did you reboot after uninstalling Office '07 and the Activation Assistant,
then again after loading Office '03?

0
Jeff
6/5/2010 7:59:48 PM
Thanks for the help, DL and Jeff. I decided to just put 2007 on there. Thanks
again.

"Woo" wrote:

> Hi. My computer came with Office 2007 preloaded but unpurchased. I had a copy
> of Office 2003 Student with available licenses, so I uninstalled the 2007
> test and installed 2003. Now, when I try to install the 2007 compatibility
> pack I get an error message stating the program is already installed. I think
> there is some remnant of 2007 stopping the compatibility pack installation.
> To be certain, I tried to open a 2007 document and got gobbly-gook. Any ideas?

RE-Installing

Also Can't Install Latest Update

ScreenUpdating & PPT 2000-2002-2003-2007
I made a Powerpoint AddIn including a macro which enables you to write e.g. a disclaimer text in a renamed shape present in all three Masters. Working with PPT2003 the screen twinkles when the VBA code is executed. I included an extra module 'ScreenUpdating' with the complete code from http://skp.mvps.org/ppt00033.htm present to get ScreenUpdating active. However working with PPT2003 the ScreenUpdating does not work. The macro below is part of the AddIn: Do you have a suggestion/solution for this problem? Thank you very much, Antoine Venrooij --------- Public Sub A...

DPM 2007 not working with TS2900
The unit has a configuration of 8 +1 tapes. One appears always in use. The error messages is "error when backing up to tape" These are the data from the software we're running: Windows 2008 Server R2 Standard x64 Microsoft System Data Protection Manager 2007 DPM Reporting tool - MPSRPT These are the hardware data Tape Drive IBM System Storage TS2900 Tape Autoloader IBM Server Intel Xeon X3330@2.66ghz Memory 5gb already tested the operation of the tape drive. this is the log i got with MSRPT: http://www.itecnis.com/logs/2010-5-7_11-8-41.cab Any help ...

Outlook 2007 / Exchange 2007 Inbox sub-folders disappear...
I have several users that create sub-folders under their inbox on the Exchange 2007 server. The users are running Outlook 2007. Sporadically the sub-folders will disappear. We have been unable to retrieve them in any way. We have opened a ticket with Microsoft and after two days of troubleshooting we were told that it must have been "user error". The problem continues to occur and I have seen other posts explaining the same situation. Any ideas? You can use a tool like the MAPI Editor Tool to see if the folders are still in the mailbox. They may still exist but hidden...

Value Pak Installer

Microsoft word 2007 04-21-10
To create a copyright symbol using the AutoCorrect feature, you must surround the letter "c" with which symbol? Do your own homework. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Sheena" <Sheena@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4F1C1982-FE01-4FE9-807C-7759DDD5D13B@microsoft.com... > To create a copyright symbol using the AutoCorrect feature, you must > surround > the letter "c" with which symbol? > With brackets. (c) "Sheena" wrote...

Vista Ultimate, Invalid Disk Pack
Hi! A weird problem. I used to have 3 USB disks (dynamic GPT) running fine under Vista Ultimate. Then I made a fresh Windows 7 Home Premium install. Noticing that it didn't recognise my disks (and other problems as well), I decided to go back to Vista Ultimate (using Windows.old). But now the original Vista Ultimate installation didn't recognise them either! They have status Invalid in Disk Management Console. DISKPART sees the disks, and also the partitions, but it doesn't appear to find any volumes. Any command I try to do returns the error message that it is no...

Installation #4

referencing images in Excel 2007
I have a todo list for genealogy searches. One of the columns is for results. Some of the results are images or documents. What is the best way to do this in the Excel "results" column? If I paste the image, it is not linked to a specific cell and is anyway too large and therefore messes up the Excel spreadsheet row alignements. Suggestions? Thanks. Jeff If the image lies completely within the confines of the cell boundaries it will sort with the rows. Size your images accordingly and embed as an Icon in the cell. A double-click on the Icon will open the image in your favori...

Installer for my access application

Fresh install, crystal issue.

Installing XP over Linux

Problem uninstalling CRM for Outlook
Hi, I am having a problem when uninstalling the CRM for Outlook Toolbar. When I log onto the machine as the user who installed the CRM toolbar, I receive an error "This action is valid for products that are currently installed". We did have to delete the NT profile of the user which installed CRM toolbar, so I assume this is related to this problem. Thanks for your help! -Mike ...

Outlook 2007 11-19-09
I cannot send e mails larger than 3MB. I can receive large ones but if I want to forward, I have to save the file, go online to comcast email and upload the attachment. Then send it "hayhurst1" <hayhurst1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F36DBD25-1AF1-4AF3-8383-FB6F06668ADC@microsoft.com... >I cannot send e mails larger than 3MB. I can receive large ones but if I want > to forward, I have to save the file, go online to comcast email and upload > the attachment. Then send it Outlook has no limit. Comcast might, however. Exactly what hap...

CRM SBS install error

test please ignore
dasdas ...

Clickable index numbers in Word 2007, for PDF
Using Word 2007 I am trying to eventually create a PDF (created using Acrobat Pro 9.0) that has clickable page numbers in the TOC, cross-refs and index that will jump to the relevant page. I have figured out how to deal with TOC entries and cross-refs within the Word doc, but can't figure out if there's a way to do something that will allow the page numbers in index entries in the final PDF to be clickable, short of (1) adding Acrobat bookmarks in the PDF, or (2) adding hyperlinks in the generated index in Word before PDFing. Both of those options are out of the questi...

Add-in tab keeps disappearing in Word 2007
Hi Word Gurus, We have just moved over from Office 2003 to Office 2007. One of our staff uses special software that works together with Word. However, the add-ins tab that normally appears with the appropriate buttons for the special software keeps coming and going! The software is loaded correctly, it appears for a while, then suddenly is no longer. Reinstalling the special software isn't helping. (However, other staff using the same special software don't have an issue). Any ideas why this might be happening or what we need to check? Kind regards JD2 To m...

Internet Printing: Printer Installation Failed. The driver files are not available for the current CPU platform
Hi. I have a SBS 2003 machine, I have 2 shared printers set up on it for remote users to print via IPP. Both printers are connected to Windows XP workstations. When I browse to https://servername/printers, I see all the printers. I can use the Connect link to install one of the printers on my workstation however if I select the second printer and click on Connect I eventually get the error: Printer Installation Failed The driver files are not available for the current CPU platform. Please contact your administrator to install proper driver files on the server. I've v...

Issue installing KB916803
Hi, I currently have a problem trying to install the above hotfix. I am trying to test this hotfix with Exchange 2003 server running SP2. I have downloaded the SP2 version of the hotfix from MS, but when I try to run it on my Exchange BE server, I get an error back telling me that the version of Exchange I have is too old, and that I need to install SP2 (even though that is what is installed)! I have tried reinstalling SP2, which didnt fix the problem. I then tried installing on a FE server, which had the same issue. I have now tried this in four different E2k3 SP2 servers, and all ...