attempting to use help in Office 2007 goes to the "Configuring ...

I am trying to use the help in various Office apps, but it isn't working.
When I click the help, it goes into a "Configuring Microsoft Office Ulitmate
2007..." dialog.  After it runs for some period of time, the Microsoft Office
Help Viewer window opens.  A setup dialog then opens that says "In order to
complete setup, a system reboot is necessary.  Would you like to reboot now?"
 If I click No, another setup window pops open that says "Please wait while
Windows configures Microsoft Office Word MUI (English) 2007".  That
disappears and then it says no help topics were found.

I have tried rebooting, uninstalling and reinstalling Office but it hasn't
worked.  I don't see any errors in the event view for Office or Application.

I have tried running Word as an administrator.  I have tried running word by
double clicking the winword.exe file in the Programs directory and from the
shortcut in the start menu.

I am running on Windows 7 x64.

I had the same problem when I had to reinstall Office 2007 after a
system failure.  After the 2nd or 3rd time of trying to get the help
files, I decided to forget it. Those help files weren't that good
anyway.  You can get better help from numerous places on the net.

--
Hairball
Hairball's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/171473.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

0
Hairball
1/6/2010 11:40:36 PM
Try deleting the help folder under C: Program Data\Microsoft Help. Program
Data folder is a hidden folder, hence you need to enable the hidden folders
and files
Once you delete the folder, repair office 2007
Even after if the help does not work, then you need to uninstall Office 2007
by following the Microsoft Support Article
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928218

"Hairball" wrote:

> I had the same problem when I had to reinstall Office 2007 after a
> system failure.  After the 2nd or 3rd time of trying to get the help
> files, I decided to forget it. Those help files weren't that good
> anyway.  You can get better help from numerous places on the net.
>

> --
> Hairball
> Hairball's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/171473.htm
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/office-setup/1289958.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in
>
> .

Thanks for the info.   I'll give it a try.  But if it doesn't work, no
big deal. Like I said before, the MS Help files are (in my estimation)
pretty lame and not very helpful.

--
Hairball
Hairball's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/171473.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/office-setup/1289958.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

0
Hairball

why there always die when i use alt+d+f+f in excel?
i want to choose the special data in excel. there always appearing report mistake and die when using the professional classify. Which version of Excel? If 2003 or older what does Data>Filter>Autofilter do for you? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 07:31:01 -0700, chetex037 <chetex037@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i want to choose the special data in excel. there always appearing report >mistake and die when using the professional classify. ...

English Academic Office in Japan
I'm a university teacher in Japan looking for an English 'Academic' version of Office 2004. Apparently such a beast is hard to come by here. I'm wondering if using the Japanese version, it is possible (and easy) to set all menus, help, etc. to English. Thanks, John Very late reply...generally the answer is No, there's no easy way to switch the language for menus around in installations of Office. DM "Mcfugu" wrote: > I'm a university teacher in Japan looking for an English 'Academic' > version of Office 2004. Apparently such a beast is h...

Update an Existing Element Using Linq
I am trying to write an application among which one of the functions is to determine the number of unique extensions found in a directory and all of its sub directories. I am trying to use Linq to XML to do this. Below is the code being used to accomplish what I am trying to do. In the "if" statement, I am trying to update the <Count></Count> Element to "TESTING". However what I will really want is to add 1 to the existing numerical value. Your help is greatly appreciated! System.IO.FileInfo myCurrentFile; System.Xml.Linq.XElement myFileCountCurrentE...

Help..about ISAPI onEndOfNetSession( )
I used this notification to clear some cache in filter context, but I found in some situation(I met in OWA), the notification was happened without client closing the browser. Can I have somehow to distinguish closing browser from other sitsuation? ...

Error on CRM, SQL Server, SQL Reporting Services configuration doc
The file: "Additional Setup Tasks When Microsoft SQL Reporting Services Is Installed on a Separate Server from Microsoft CRM 3.0 or Microsoft SQL Server" contains an error that may result in confusion. On page 2-3, Configuration 2 (Figure 3) shows CRM and Reporting Services on a single server and SQL on a different server. Configuration 3 (Figure 4) shows Reporting Services on one server and CRM installed with SQL on the other server. On Page 4, the Configuration descriptions shown in the summary table are reversed. That is, Configuration 2 shows Server 1 with Reporting Ser...

Using AutoFilter
I have asked a similar question here awhile ago. I'm want to AutoFilter a column that contains multiple string data. If I use AutoFilter to look for just the bit of the string that is say "A", Excel returns every row that contains ANY string in the column that contains an A. The data in the column is something like: A, AB, AC, AD, B, BD, 2B, etc. I want to filter for just A or AB but Excel returns everything that has an A in the string. I tried quotes but that didn't work. Any solutions? Thanks. -Bill Please confirm that you are performing the below steps.......

Checking using Desterity
Hi All, In the Item master table there is a field array (user category values)and in that table division's of itemnumer are stored . In a particular form i have to check whether the entered division is valid or not and i have written a code on the change event of that particular field and for your reference iam pasting the code here local string fromdivision; if empty('(L) FromDivision') = false then fromdivision = '(L) FromDivision'; 'User Category Values'[1] of table IV_Item_MSTR = fromdivision; get table IV_Item_MSTR; if err(table IV_Item_MSTR) ...

Installing Exchange 2003 into an organisation with Exchange 2000 and 2007
Morning, Is it possible to install Exchange 2003 into an existing organisation which already has Exchange 2000 and 2007? ADPREP has been run for both 200 and 2007, does it need run again for 2003? Is there anything else I need to be aware of if this is supported? On 3/18/2010 3:24 AM, Andrew Story wrote: > Morning, > > Is it possible to install Exchange 2003 into an existing organisation which > already has Exchange 2000 and 2007? > > ADPREP has been run for both 200 and 2007, does it need run again for 2003? > Is there anything else I need to be aw...

Safest image format to use with Word?

Attempting to burn a cd
I've always used frostwire and meida player to make cd's. Today I had an automatic update for the latest media player so I went ahead and did all the updates it had (service pack 3 was one of them). After downloading my music i attempted to drag them from frostwire to the media player as i've always done. Unfortunately it is not allowing me to place any songs in the playlist area. Can anyone help me????? Thank you What version of WMP and Windows? What's the file type of these music files (MP3, WMA, WAV...)? If you try to drag the files from their folder in W...

Lostl Workbooks in Excel 2007
Using my laptop with Excel 2007, I cant seem to locate workbooks after startup. The main excel screen appears with a blue page but cannot locate the workbooks around the screen( although they show in the task bar). On my PC, I can just locate them way off to the side of the screen. How do I find them and how do I stop this happening? Thks Hi Bards This is a bug in Excel 2007 (no fix for it on this moment) Only certain machines have this problem. Close Excel and try it again Sometimes a reboot will help -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "Bards" &l...

Limit use of temporary tables & report wide strings
One of my biggest frustrations with Great Plains is the difficulty I've frequently experienced when modifying and writing customized reports which will best fit my company's needs. There are many many reports which are generated using temporary tables which means a report utilizing temporary tables cannot be duplicated and then modified from there. Yes they can be modified - but that means one can only have two versions of these - the original and the modified and must use security to switch back and forth. I find this particularly prevalent in General Ledger and Payroll. M...

Prevent Spammers from using form
Is there a way to keep spammers out of your form submit. Also whats a good way to spam the spammers. I'ds like to reply to the spam with a thousand replys with just sending it once. Is that possible? Does anyone know of any good sites to learn how to spam the spammers. Look through the pages starting at http://www.rxs-enterprises.co.uk/fp/articles/2007/12/01/03/Reduce_Spam_in_Form_results.aspx Note that one important decision you will have to make is: which server side scripting technology (asp, asp.NET, PHP etc) to use? FrontPage extensions will only give a very limited p...

CRM on SBS 2003 DISASTROUS ** DO NOT ATTEMPT **
USERS BEWARE After downloading the CRM from the MSDN Universal subscribers site and attempting to install it 6 times, I have finally given up, after discovering that it does not work as advertised on SBS 2003. In fact it does not even install. In fact... worse than that it blows away a lot of SBS configuration files for sharepoint etc etc. Question: Why does the MSDN download site not say that "This product will not run on SBS 2003"? So, we thought... Maybe the Business Contact Manager will be better for us seeing as the CRM does not yet work on SBS 2003. After installing...

Save As Macro Help
I'm trying to get my head around this but my Macro experience is nada. I found the following code while searching for info on how to do this. Sub SaveAsToday() ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs FileName:=Format(Now(), "dd-mm-yy") End Sub >From what I can tell it will make the Save dialog use the current date as the name for the file. I need CurrentDate-PartList.xlt as the name and redirect it to "C:\2005-PartsOrders\" Thanks Tyson Sub SaveAsToday() Dim myFileName as string myFileName = "C:\2005-PartsOrders\" & Format(Date, "dd-mm-yy"...

Sorting an Excel worksheet using VB.net
I am trying to sort an Excel worksheet using Visual studio 2005 VB but cannot seem to get the commands correct. does anyone have the code or code structure that will allow me do this? -- Sharktracker If you are trying to sort an Excel worksheet that is open - that would seem redundant. So I will suggest the following for either a closed Excel worksheet, or an Excel worksheet you will be writing data to. In either of these last two cases, you sort the data in the app first, and then write that sorted data to the Excel sheet (Workbook). You will have this Excel data in a dataTab...

What to use
I have worksheet with foods with many nutrients. Another worksheet has days of week, meals are entered and the nutrients of each meal are totaled for the day and week. Using formulas with the Lookup functions is alot of work and this would be easier if the foods were treated as objects. I've never used VBA, would it help here? Quite honestly, this sounds more like an application for a database than for Excel. Have you considered using Access? It does more intuitively what Excel requires VBA to do. ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "denton" <dento...

How do I Install Publisher2003 in windows ME? HELP!
I have Windows Millineum and I am trying to install publisher2003 with digital imaging for a much needed and overdue newsletter project. It will not install. It tells me that I need a newer version of Windows, but when I check on publisher's requirements, it reads windows 2000 or above so I believe it should install. If anyone can tell me what to do, I would appreciate it. Keep in mind that I know very little about computers, very, very, little. Thanks, Linda Carter Housecat02@hotmail.com It will never install on Windows Me. Read the box... Publisher 2003 will install on Wind...

Error -550 attempt at resolution
We have a customer witha small network and dedicated server using SBS4.5 sp6 with Exchange 5.5 (build 2448.8 sp2) that recently had a power outage which appears to have corrupted the one of the Exchange EDB files. Some (years) ago we moved the Exchange data from C: to D: due to space limitations. Based on the error we referred to Q143235 and tried to follow the resolution. Using ESEUTIL /MH, we found the d:\exchsrvr\dsadata\diredb file to be inconsistent. We found the d:\exchsrvr\mdbdata.priv.edb file was consistent We found the d:\exchsrvr\mdbdata\pub.edb file to be consistent. Per the Q arti...

using offset with charting
how can I use the offset function to select the starting row and ending row of a range I wish to chart. I have 100 rows but I wish to select any 10 consecutive rows to chart, by, say, typing 7 into cell A1, so that the chart displays rows 7 to 16. thanks Hi Bob, From a very recent post on the same subject. Jon Peltier has a collection of examples, http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html As does Tushar Mehta, http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/dynamic_charts/index.html Cheers Andy bob farey wrote: > how can I use the offset function to select the starting &g...

using TVS_CHECKBOXES and SetItemHeight
I am using a CTreeCtrl (in a CTreeView). I've altered the height of the tree items, using SetItemHeight(), making each item 50% larger than the default. The problem is, now when I try to use the checkboxes (using TVS_CHECKBOXES style) the boxes are not centered vertically (although the text and the +/- collapse buttons are). The checkboxes sit down at the bottom of the item's rectangle. Is this a bug? or is there some way I can alter the placement of the checkbox? Thanks in advance. ...

SQL Help needed
I'm trying to zero the Reorder points and restock levels, for branch 2 and category 546. What's wrong with the statement below, it zero's everything for branch 2. UPDATE Itemdynamic SET itemdynamic.Reorderpoint ='0', itemdynamic.restocklevel ='0' FROM itemdynamic, item WHERE itemdynamic.storeid = '2' AND item.categoryID = '546'; This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000D_01C75C15.2134DE50 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="windows-1256" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable You didn't join ...

Is there a trial version of Office Mac 2008?
Version: v.X Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Unfortunately, the reviews of 2008 are brutal. I can dismiss a lot of the criticism as Apple purist. However, I would rather have a firsthand look at it before plunking down the money. I have not been able to find a trial on the mactopia site. Could it be that 2008 is sufficiently bad to the point that a trial version would discourage purchases? Anyone know anything about it? Maybe I just missed the link. There is no demo at this time. If you could clarify which Office applications you use the most and if you use VBA, ...

XML Transformation Using XSLT
-- Regards, Prashant C ...

R1C1 format using a variable?
Is it possible to use a variable to designate the column in R1C1 format? If so, what is the proper way to do it? Example: R5C"my variable goes here" -- jim37055 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jim37055's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27788 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=472969 One way: =INDIRECT("R5C" & myVar,FALSE) Another way: =INDEX(R5,myVar) In article <jim37055.1wds6h_1128434711.3939@excelforum-nospam.com>, jim3705...