2010 RTM will not start

Downloaded the RTM for Office 2010, had been running the Beta with Windows 7.
After downloading, I can view the file en_office_professional_plus_x64...,
but when I click it, it goes through the extracing process and then nothing
happens - the beta is still there and untouched.  Have uninstalled the RTM,
uninstalled the 2010 beta, uninstalled Office 2007, restarted, redownloaded
the RTM and redownloaded the 2010 beta. Still nothing.  Any ideas?  I want to
start using the RTM!
--
Steph

Wanted to add that I checked the issue mentioned by Comp Dok with Temp file
and it does not seem to be the same thing. When downloading, I have gotten
many errors, "unable to rename the temporary file to the permanent file name"
but eventually, had success 2 or 3 time.  Tried Activating through the
applications and Help, but get a msg that the Software has Been Activated.
Still seeing the "(Beta)" in the application name, but not in the window when
I open.
--
Steph

"Steph" wrote:

> Downloaded the RTM for Office 2010, had been running the Beta with Windows 7.
> After downloading, I can view the file en_office_professional_plus_x64...,
> but when I click it, it goes through the extracing process and then nothing
> happens - the beta is still there and untouched.  Have uninstalled the RTM,
> uninstalled the 2010 beta, uninstalled Office 2007, restarted, redownloaded
> the RTM and redownloaded the 2010 beta. Still nothing.  Any ideas?  I want to
> start using the RTM!
> --
> Steph
You cannot install the RTM as long as anything from the Beta is still on your
computer.

--
Peter

http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Steph" <Steph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Downloaded the RTM for Office 2010, had been running the Beta with Windows 7.
> After downloading, I can view the file en_office_professional_plus_x64...,
> but when I click it, it goes through the extracing process and then nothing
> happens - the beta is still there and untouched.  Have uninstalled the RTM,
> uninstalled the 2010 beta, uninstalled Office 2007, restarted, redownloaded
> the RTM and redownloaded the 2010 beta. Still nothing.  Any ideas?  I want to
> start using the RTM!
> --
> Steph

0
Peter

time formats using Excel 2010 Query
Having problems with the time format using query with an excel worksheet... I just started using excel 2010 (upgrade from 2003). I have a worksheet with a column for time. The times are formatted as time (ex. 10:30:00 PM - not text). When I run a query all the times show up "1/0/1900 0:00". Then I try to format those times they all show up as 12:00 AM or ZERO. I can go back and change all the times to text, but this is a large worksheet....then they don't sort correctly as text versus a number... I did not have this problem with Excel 2003. I just want the times to show u...

Starting new year with money 2004 or 2005
Using Money 2004, my file has grown to over 50mb is size. Tired of slow response with money. Is there a way to start a new year, say 2005, and import just my accounts. I don't need the balances as I can imput them myself. Also is there a way to turn off the cash flow forecast graph that appears on the bottom of each account. Whenver I change accounts it takes forever for the forecasting to be complete. It's bad enough on my desktop computer which is a 2ghz machine, but completely unbearable on my old notebook which chugs along at 600mhz. (I know, I know, get a new notebook) Than...

Allow sales process to start from create on wait conditions/object
Need ability wi/o having to create subprocess to start a sales process workflow waiting for a wait time/ or wait object condition in order to kickoff. This comes in play if you add an opportunity type picklist to the opporutnity which upon selection will automatically kick off the appropriate sales process. Cumbersome and cluegy doing w/ subprocesses etc..... ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the...

arrow keys will not function in excel
Yes, I've checked the scroll lock...it is turned off. Keys worked for the user until he added a toolbar and hit reset. From that time on the arrow keys did not move from cell to cell. jeff.a.garringer@saint-gobain.com wrote: > Yes, I've checked the scroll lock...it is turned off. Keys worked for > the user until he added a toolbar and hit reset. From that time on the > arrow keys did not move from cell to cell. What toolbar? Socks ...

How do I get the printer to start at a spicific page.
Sometimes when printing pages for a 100 page book a page may jam. I try to start printing from that page to the end. It always wants to start from the first page instead of the 20th page. How do I get the printer to start printing from that page that was jammed and continue? -- Thank You Smitty wrote: > Sometimes when printing pages for a 100 page book a page may jam. I > try to start printing from that page to the end. It always wants to > start from the first page instead of the 20th page. How do I get > the printer to start printing from that page that was jammed and...

Will .qif import be supported in M2005?
My CU offers download files in csv and qif format. Up thru M2004, Money imports qif files just fine. Does it still work in M2005? Yes. -- Brent Neville "Jim" <kaplanjim@attbi.com> wrote in message news:1tk0s096tudro82mlqiptd0s8lsonmk5u7@4ax.com... > My CU offers download files in csv and qif format. > Up thru M2004, Money imports qif files just fine. > Does it still work in M2005? In microsoft.public.money, Jim wrote: >My CU offers download files in csv and qif format. >Up thru M2004, Money imports qif files just fine. >Does it still work in M2005...

why does my outlook open twice (2 windows) when i start?
When i open it normally, I often find 2 windows open, as if I opened it twice-why does this happen and how can I correct it? ...

Starting Excel #2
How can make sure that a workbook with multiple sheets always starts on a specific sheet. Hi put the following type of code into your workbook module ('Thisworkbook'): sub workbook_open() me.worksheets("sheet1").activate end sub "Gerrym" wrote: > How can make sure that a workbook with multiple sheets > always starts on a specific sheet. > ...

Error message when starting Vista during black screen section
As Vista comes up I get a message -1st delete program not found skipping auto check Doesn't seem to bother anything, just want to find out if their is something I can do to identify and fix the problem. Thanks, Bob -- The Dog Breeders List www.dogbreederslist.com 704-965-8622 I believe that the message was Isdelete program not found. See: http://forums.techguy.org/windows-vista/583755-solved-solved-lsdelete-program-not.html "The Dog Breeders List" <rltutt@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:3B8E5F93-9808-4C16-85D4-AE977DC03C1F@microsoft.com... ...

Project Sites creation in Project Professional 2010
Hello, Recently I installed Sharepoint+Project Server+Project Professional 2010 (BETA versions) on Farm Deployment using Hyper-V machines (1 DataBase server - with SQL Server 2008 R2 - and 1 Application Server). I made the installation with no big problems and configured external acess using DNS maping and configured alteranate access maping on Central Administrtion. Users can acess from outside (internet) using the URL that I configured. After that I installed Project Professional and the problems started. First I break my head trying to connect them. Resolution: ...

Hep Requested: Getting Started Again
I've recently had to rebuild my PC as a result of which I've reinstalled Visual Studio 2008 and finally reinstalled the CRM SDK. However when I attempt to start a new Workflow project I'm having some problems... I've added references to Microsoft.Crm.Sdk and Microsoft.Crm.SdkTypeProxy to my project, however when I attempt to declare these in my classes: using Microsoft.Crm.Sdk; It's as if I havn't added the references. Can anyone refresh my memory as to what I need to do in order to get my environment back up and working because at the moment I'm at a dead end. -...

Outlook 2003 will not save favorite folders, I've tried all I can think of
Okay here's the problem. Windows XP machine with Outlook 2003. Favorite folders section will not retain folders that I place there. I've tried creating a new profile. I've tried resetting the nav panel with the switch (outlook /resetnavpanel). I've tried deleting the XML files at C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook. It always does the same thing. Loses them after restarting outlook. What other options do I have? they are not saved until outlook closes cleanly - so see if it's still in task manager after closing. If so, you need to f...

Publisher 2007 Will Only Print Half of My Booklet
I created a 44 page booklet in Publisher 2007. I finally got the printer set up to print double sided and that works great! The problem is that the whole middle of my booklet (pages 12-32) don't print or even show up in print preview. I have selected "print all". Is there a limit to how many pages a booklet will print? If I try to select the middle pages only it throws off the page count so the booklet doesn't fold together properly. Any suggestions? You need to download the first service pack. This was a bug and was fixed. There is a service pack two too. T...

Office 2008 apps are very slow to start since upgrading to Snow Leopard
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I performed an upgrade from 10.5.8 to 10.6 (not a clean install). I am running the latest version of Office 2008 12.2.1. Previously Entourage, Excel and Powerpoint would boot up incredibly fast (2-3 seconds). Now it takes up to 25-30 seconds before they finish starting up. Word boots up quickly but take about 30 seconds of spinning beach ball before I can type anything. Is anyone else experiencing similar slow-down issues since upgrading? I wondering if there are too many fonts installed. I am running a 8-core 3.2 Inte...

How to monitor DPM 2007/2010 without SCOM/SCE ?
I'm looking for solutions to monitor DPM 2007/2010. The e-mail alerts are not si usefull because it's sometime like a spam machine. Unfortunaly, i dont have SCOM ;-) Is it possible to have some informations about SQL view in DPMDB database ? For example the vw_DPM_Jobs view seams to be the view i need. What are the possible values for the field Status ? ErrorCode ? If SQL acces is impossible, is there an other way ? Thanks, François - France DPM UI, E-Mail alerts, SCOM are the ways to monitor DPM health status. Viewing/running queries against DPM databa...

Install order for SharePoint 2010, SQL Server 2008R2, etc.
Hi, all, I'll post this in the SQL Server area as well. I'm creating a new VM with 2008R2, SharePoint 2010, and Office 2010 beta/Gemini. Is there a specific order I should install these in? Many thanks.... 1)OS 2)Office 3)SQL Server 4)Sharepoint Thanks very much!!! "Kamlesh" <user@msgroups.net/> wrote in message news:O1fuLkblKHA.3128@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > 1)OS 2)Office 3)SQL Server 4)Sharepoint > > --- > frmsrcurl: > http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.sharepoint.general/Install-order-for-SharePoint-2010-SQL-Ser...

Ex2k Beta2 -> RTM question...
Quick question: We're going from beta2 to RTM this weekend. The basic steps are to uninstall the beta 2 CAS, HUB, and then UM. Next we do an in-place upgrade of the mailbox server and then finally we rebuild the CAS, HUB, and UM with RTM. Assuming everything goes well, will the UM-enabled users on our mailbox server need to be re-UM enabled? That would be a major pain in the butt if that were the case (greetings and PIN's will all have to be done.) Thanks in advance. Regardless, using beta products in production isn't supported except for participants in select progr...

make line in chart start at y axis
I have a line in a chart flows along the x axis but start about .5cm from the y axis and I want it to start from the y axis. eg I----------- not I -------------- Any suggestions? Hi, On your Line chart double click the category(X) axis to display the format dialog. On the scale tab uncheck the 'Value (Y) axis crosses between categories' property. Cheers Andy Tone wrote: > I have a line in a chart flows along the x axis but start about .5cm from the > y axis and I want it to start from the y axis. eg I----------- not I > -------------- > > Any suggestio...

LDAP Server, port, user, pwd, popup on Outlook Start
Hi, I updated Outlook 2000 to 2003 with Business Contact manager. Immediately after restarting my system and launching Outlook I started receiving a pop-up requesting, "LDAP Server, Port, User, Password". My email is much slower and I don't have the information requested. I tried deleting my email accounts for Outlook and Outlook Express and recreating them but I still get prompted with the pop-up. Ideas? Jim Delete the LDAP service from your profile if you don't use it. Control Panel-> Mail-> button E-mail Accounts-> View/change address books -- Robert ...

Publisher 2007 / Vista will not print
I get message "Publisher cannot complete the operation" when trying to print. Print preview shows image just fine. Am able to print other Office applications (and other non-Office apps) without difficulty. This is a recent problem, occurring only within the last month; prior to that, no difficulties. Is your printer driver current? Check with the manufacturer's web site. Try this, in the Printer Folder chose a different default printer. Open Publisher and your Publisher file. When viewing your document in print preview, minimize the screen, open the Printer folder, sel...

Will not work
I just opened Outlook to start using it and everytime I click send/receive it says operation failed. Object not found. What does that mean? And i can't send/rec mail. I even uninstalled it and reinstalled and a message came up about access and obdc md access. Please help it sounds like the address book is missing. Go to Tools | Email Accounts, choose View or change existing directories or address book. Is the Outlook Address Book present? If it isn't listed, add it and close and restart Outlook. If it is listed, then remove it and close then restart Outlook and repeat these steps...

form will not save the record
I have a database (Security) with one subform (Visitors). It also has a form (Vehicle Registration) linked to the main Security form. Recently, the linked Vehicle Registration form does not want to save the record. All of the "allows" are set to yes. Data Entry is set to no. I added UCase to several of the fields. What am I missing? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200706/1 ...

I want to do clean install with OEM disc
I want to do clean install with OEM disc - will it work with same product ID On Sat, 31 Jul 2010 23:14:56 +0100, "Chris K" <reply@the.board> wrote: > I want to do clean install with OEM disc - will it work with same product ID Do you mean Product key? Yes. -- Ken Blake, Microsoft MVP (Windows Desktop Experience) since 2003 Please Reply to the Newsgroup computer keylogger - Auto Keylogger records everything that is entered from the keyboard, to an encrypted file.for more information pls visit http://www.downloadsversion.com/Auto_Keylogger_8214-7.h...

I want to know to get started on project three with excei 2000
I am having trouble with chapter three in excel 2000 can you help .. Chapter 3? Of what? Perhaps you need to talk to your instructor. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "quack19" <quack19@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5D553403-91FF-45C0-A62A-537D8CED892C@microsoft.com... >I am having trouble with chapter three in excel 2000 can you help > . Or perhaps post in the Excel NG. JoAnn Paules [MVP] wrote: > Chapter 3? Of what? Perhaps you need to talk to your instructor. > quack19 wrote: > I am having trouble with chapter three ...

When i read an email in outlook, why will it not show as read?
Depends on how you configured Outlook to mark messages as read in the preview pane. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, bingobones asked: >-----Original Message----- > >. >You have to configure this. In Outlook, go to Tools, click Options, then click the Reading tab. Click on the box that says "Tell me when all messages have been ...