Word 2007--pesky black dotted line

Hello:

I have this moderately thick, black, dotted line running between paragraphs
on my page.  I have no idea how to get this thing to go away. Please, could
you tell me what to do to get rid of it?

Thanks,

John Saxon

0
John

See here
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/CantGetRidOfLine.htm

--
Mary Sauer MVP
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"John" <someone@someplace.invalid> wrote in message
> Hello:
>
> I have this moderately thick, black, dotted line running between paragraphs on
> my page.  I have no idea how to get this thing to go away. Please, could you
> tell me what to do to get rid of it?
>
> Thanks,
>
> John Saxon

0
Mary
5/24/2010 9:41:46 AM
Mary:

Thank you.

John

"Mary Sauer" <mary.sauer@mygmail.com> wrote in message
> See here
> http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/CantGetRidOfLine.htm
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MVP
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "John" <someone@someplace.invalid> wrote in message
>> Hello:
>>
>> I have this moderately thick, black, dotted line running between
>> paragraphs on my page.  I have no idea how to get this thing to go away.
>> Please, could you tell me what to do to get rid of it?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> John Saxon

0
John
5/24/2010 10:48:27 AM
You are very welcome, John.

--

> Mary:
>
> Thank you.
>
> John
>

> "Mary Sauer" <mary.sauer@mygmail.com> wrote in message
>> See here
>> http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/CantGetRidOfLine.htm
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MVP
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "John" <someone@someplace.invalid> wrote in message
>>> Hello:
>>>
>>> I have this moderately thick, black, dotted line running between paragraphs
>>> on my page.  I have no idea how to get this thing to go away. Please, could
>>> you tell me what to do to get rid of it?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> John Saxon

0
Mary

will Front Page 2003 work with Windows 2007 / MS Office 2007?
I purchased a new computer and software. It came with Windows 2007 and I purchased MS Office 2007. I have my own business and do my own web page and was using Front Page 2003 on my old computer. MS Office 2007 Pro does not have Front Page so now I can not up date my web page. Can I install Front Page 2003 on my new computer with Operating system 2007 and MS Office 2007? Hope for some help. Thank anyone and everyone in advance. Phil D. PhilDTexas wrote: > I purchased a new computer and software. It came with Windows 2007 and I > purchased MS Office 2007. I have my own ...

SSL prompts for Outlook 2007
Exchange 2007 on 2003 R2 SP2. We installed a Versign SSL cert on our CAS server, a cheap one that only allows for single server names. Now out Outlook 2007 clients get prompted about SSL certs. Our internal DNS namespace is .local external is .com. So I next am thinking split DNS. We have split DNS working for resolve but now the uri of the servers are wrong. I can do a Test E-mail autoconfiguration and get this results <ASUrl>https://cas.domain.local/EWS/Exchange.asmx</ASUrl> <OOFUrl>https://cas.domain.local/EWS/Exchange.asmx</OOFUrl> <UMUr...

Money 2007 Can't Find Printer
This keeps happening. If I reinstall the printer and reboot it's OK. Happens only with Money. Koka Which operating system? Which printer? Latest drivers for printer? Also, I know you said this only happens with Money, but have you tried printing from Internet Explorer? Which version of IE are you running? "Koka" wrote: > This keeps happening. If I reinstall the printer and reboot it's OK. > Happens only with Money. > > Koka > > Vista Ultimate 64bit...IE 7 64bit I may have solved this by clicking on the Windows Update button in the Add Pri...

Can I link a FE to a BE with a runtime version in 2007?
when I run this command ( RunCommand acCmdImportAttachAccess ) in a runtime version- the wizard appears but is 'deformed' and does not work. However, in a accdb version of the same data base it all works perfectly- is this just a runtime (accdr) thing or is there a way around this with vb? What I am doing is allowing users to encrypt the backend then to link a FE to to the encrypted BE. They will need to do this from time to time for FE updates- or am I missing something? thanks "salmonella" <uwimdl@hotmail.com.dns> schreef in bericht news:9B285587...

how many computers can I put my office 2007 on?
heard so many different answers... I have 07 pro, and was wondering how many in my house can use it. Kids have a pc. I have a 2 LT the den has a pc.... so that is 4 here.... can I put it on all of them? thanks in advance to those from MS that answer. Joe (friendly Manitoba canada) The answer is in your EULA. Read it to find out. "How many computers/Office 07" <How many computers/Office 07@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CAEB27EF-0ED3-4824-94C4-A895B96D0146@microsoft.com... : heard so many different answers... I have 07 pro, and was wondering ...

how to make line jumps
I've followed all the directions for making line jumps (such as select connector, right click, select behavior...nothing), but just can't make the line jump function work. Help!! On Wed, 18 Mar 2009 19:21:14 -0700, Bilbao <Bilbao@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I've followed all the directions for making line jumps (such as select >connector, right click, select behavior...nothing), but just can't make the >line jump function work. Help!! menu File -> Page Setup -> Layout and Routing Note that this only works for true connectors. Try it on a si...

Outlook 2007 not work on RPC over Http on Self issue certificate
Hi there, Vista Business Primium with Outlook 2007, SBS 2003 server, Exchange account. My original problem was the connection with vpn (like the sympton description on Scott Townsend's query. dated 18/09/07, but the user was using it at home "Internet Connections My >>>VPN to the office is fine, though I seem to have intermittent connectivity>>>issues with Outlook 2007 to the Exchange 2007 server. In the bottom right >>>it will say, Connected, Disconnected, Trying to connect, etc...") and thought, if I use rpc over https which would solved the...

Word recognition
Hi there, I'm trying to design a spreadsheet that can have user input to generat information (in this case, its about T60, which is all abou reverberation time in a room. so acoustics). basically what i want is that when the user types in a material, fo example "plasterboard", then excel knows where to look for th absorption coefficients for plasterboard. is this possible? perhpas i have explained myself properly.. thanks for your help -- MessianicDream ----------------------------------------------------------------------- MessianicDreams's Profile: http://www.excelfor...

Chart Plot Area changes in Excel 2007
I having problems with unstable formats of charts in an Excel 2007 spreadsheet (under Windows XP). When I re-open a spreadsheet, the plot area is usually contracted to a much smaller portion of the total chart area, leaving lots of white space around the edges. This happens repeatedly with some, but not all, of the charts in my spreadsheet. Some are x-y plots, some are combination line, bar plots. Is there any way to keep the size of the plot area from changing? ...

Outlook 2007 #61
I can send e-mail messages, but I cannot recieve e-mail messages. Please help. -- Gstan Additional information: I went into Tools; Send & Receive Progress and found an Unknown Error Message: 0x80040600. Any ideas? -- Gstan "Gstan" wrote: > I can send e-mail messages, but I cannot receive e-mail messages. > Please help. > -- > Gstan "Gstan" <Gstan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CE6A6462-1E0D-466C-8626-A2AAB76046CA@microsoft.com... > I can send e-mail messages, but I cannot recieve e-mail messages. > Please help. >...

Excel 2007 warning about older version macros
Hi All, Running Excel 2007 on Windows 7. I have an older document that when I try to save it, it prompts something to the effect that the document contains Excel 4 macros or Excel 5 modules. If I need to password protect the file those would have to be removed. I can click OK, but I'd like to eliminate the message. I haven't found a solution searching the web. I'd appreciate any suggestions. Thanks, Mark Mark - To check for macros, choose View > (Macros area) Macros dropdown > View Macros, or press Alt + F8. - Mike http://www.MikeMiddleton.com ...

Exponential trend-line equation problem
Hello, I have made a exponential graph of below data set: x y 0,90498 14294225 0,88252 14361091 0,91054 14392452 0,89546 14463203 0,90225 14535720 0,93918 14754041 0,93624 14812708 0,92533 14922256 0,94256 15000374 0,94681 15049871 0,93819 15051332 0,93495 15188711 0,95299 15425517 The equation I get is: y = 6E+06e0,950x Microsoft (http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel-help/add-change-or- remove-a-trendline-in-a-chart-HP010007461.aspx) states that the exponential equation is written on this form: y = c*e^b*x where c and b are constants and e is the base of the ...

Sharing Office 2007
Hi. I have two laptops at home. I usually use both, but sometimes my wife uses one. I'd like to have Office 2007 installed on both, but cannot justify the expense. Is it legal to have it installed on both with one license? Thanks. Yes. The retail version is normally licensed for two systems; H&S for 3 systems; VLK on ## numbers of systems while hackers version is licensed to be used on infinite number of systems. A Microsoft Pig (or its sympathizers) will tell you that an OEM version cannot be installed on any systems other than it came with but I buy OEM versions and I ...

Outlook 2007 Search Problem
I work at the Help Desk for a University. A client has called complaining that recently Outlook 2007's search bar started returning "bad results." For instance, if she searches for Smith, she'll get e- mails that were sent to Smith, or have Smith in the body, but not e- mails that are FROM Smith. She used to get better results. I pointed her to the advanced search feature (available in a sub-menu, or available right there when Instant Search is installed), and showed her how to search specific fields. She's still not satisfied, though. It used to work, she claims, and sh...

Exchange 2007 Beta 2 question
Hi I have the mailbox, CA, hub and UM on one server. I am trying to create a new email life cycle policy, but the option to do this cannot be found. I right click on the mailbox icon in EMC under "organization" but the option is not listed. The only listed options are. Also the tab in ESM for this is not there New address list New managed custom folder new managed fodler mailbox policy new offline address list On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 13:58:02 -0700, skip <skip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi > >I have the mailbox, CA, hub and UM on one server. I am trying to...

Change Color of x-Axis-lines and legends in chart
Hi NG i have an existing chart with two lines on the x-axis. (1 line for previous-values(blue), 1 line for current-value(red) ) now i should change on of these colors. I tried to find something under format legend, chart type, source data etc. but i didn't find a solution. maybe i've overseen it. is there anybody to tell me where i can make the change of the colors? thanks for helping. Regards Reiner Hi Reiner, You can double click one of the lines in order to display the format dialog. Change the colour from the Patterns tab. Other ways to display the dialog are, select a l...

Any way to get around the 240-character line limit on text output?
I'm trying to save an Excel file into a fixed-length file for import into a mainframe and the biggest problem (as pointed out in another post on this board) is that there is a limit of 240 characters per line. This causes the rest of each line to be placed at the end of the file. My record layout length is around 300 and we're talking about 50,000 records. How can I get around the 240 character limit to save this file in an acceptable format? Otherwise it will take hours of work to get the file in the proper format. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;13155...

Extracting Data from Word 2007 forms
I created a form for our agents to reduce the amount of paperwork they have to carry with them. I decided to use a form in Word 2007. Now they're wanting to be able to extract data from these forms to upload to a database. I am having trouble finding a good way to extract this data in office 2007. My question is what is the best way to go about doing this? I've seen discussions on how to do it from office 2003 but can't seem to use the same procedure in '07. Do I need to create a Macro, VBA code, or is there some simpler way to do it that I've overlooke...

Microsoft Money 2007 Deluxe Canadian version?
I have been looking for Microsoft Money 2007 Deluxe Canadian version and I cannot find it. Where can I get one? There isn't one. See http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/422.aspx -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. "masai" <masai_chadi@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:op.tm81u5pvdvcnul@dikutoto.gv.shawcable.net... >I have been looking for Microsoft Money 2007 Deluxe Canadian version and I >ca...

Automatic Subject Line Taging
I have a user that wants to have each message sent to a particular DL to have specific text injected to the subject line. He wants to do this so its easy for the recipients to create a rule to move those messages to another folder. Has anyone seen anything that will do this? Basically they want to send messages to a DL with Subject "Project Update". But when delivered to the users, they want it to read "[Public Works Community] Project Update" Any ideas?? If all messages to that DL need to be tagged with a particular keyword in the subject and the only purpose is to...

upgrade from 2002 to Accounting 2007
I am trying to import my MS 2002 data files to Microsoft Accounting Express 2007. I keep getting an error that MS money is not properly installed on my computer. Any suggestions? -- Carpe Diem! ...

Outook 2007 Prompts for Username and Password Multiple Times
I am having an issue with Outlook 2007SP2 and Exchange 2007 on an SBS08 Server. The outlook client will prompt for username and password multiple times when outlook is opened. It does not matter what you type in the password box it just keeps prompting. After you hit OK (even with no password) three times the prompt disappears. It will then randomly reappear when outlook is left open for a long period of time. The issue is happening on (2) workstations (XP Pro and Windows 7 Pro) and both machines are on the same LAN as the Exchange server. Neither machine is configured to...

Text box format missing when saved from 2007 to 2003
I have a chart that have text boxes with borders and colored backgound in Excel 2007. When I saved the file to Excel 2003 and opened the file in 2003, the text boxes formats are no longer there. The borders and colored background are missing. How to make the formats translate correctly from 2007 to 2003? Please help. Thanks. Hi Itan, It is a known issue which should be fixed in a future update. We understand the frustration, but I don't have a solution for you now. -- Thanks, Christopher This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "...

Can't run Outlook 2007
Starts loading, then says "Can't Open Outlook Window" "MJM" <MJM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C7A545C6-EF76-4237-966B-0E851F6EF435@microsoft.com... > Starts loading, then says "Can't Open Outlook Window" One of the most asked and answered questions. Do Start-Run and type in "Outlook.exe /resetnavpane" (without the quotes) A search of this group produces many results and a Google search produces THOUSANDS..... ...

links in e-mail outlook 2007
web link in e-mail not allowed to connect when clicked "jfrank" <jfrank@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0A975500-C686-4FE2-9ECD-F17A8F4C2E88@microsoft.com... > web link in e-mail not allowed to connect when clicked Search this group using the term "hyperlink". You will fine PAGES of questions and answers about this. jfrank wrote: > web link in e-mail not allowed to connect when clicked I doubt that was the actual error message generated by Outlook. --- Posting Hints --- ALWAYS REVIEW your message before submitting ...