Windows 7 and Office 2007

Is Office 2007 Professional with 32 bit compatible with Windows 7?

YES.  I have had no problems thus far.  However, if you haven't got
Office 2007 yet, then it is good idea to get into Office 2010 direct and
you can download a beta version from here:

<http://www.microsoft.com/office/2010/en/default.aspx>

The beta version is valid until June 2010 by which time new version
should be out.

hth

"20100209" <20100209@20100209.NET> wrote in message

> YES.  I have had no problems thus far.  However, if you haven't got
> Office 2007 yet, then it is good idea to get into Office 2010 direct and
> you can download a beta version from here:
>
> <http://www.microsoft.com/office/2010/en/default.aspx>
>
> The beta version is valid until June 2010 by which time new version
> should be out.
>

> hth
>

> SteveM wrote:
>>
>> Is Office 2007 Professional with 32 bit compatible with Windows 7?

Correction
'09, '10 or whatever your latest number will be:

From http://www.microsoft.com/office/2010/en/faqs/default.aspx#14q

"Does the Beta version of Office 2010 expire after certain time?

The beta version of Office 2010 will expire in October 2010."

0
LVTravel
2/9/2010 2:51:17 AM
Do you feel it's a wise idea for someone to install beta software on their
main computer?

Daddy

"20100209" <20100209@20100209.NET> wrote in message

> YES.  I have had no problems thus far.  However, if you haven't got
> Office 2007 yet, then it is good idea to get into Office 2010 direct and
> you can download a beta version from here:
>
> <http://www.microsoft.com/office/2010/en/default.aspx>
>
> The beta version is valid until June 2010 by which time new version
> should be out.
>

> hth
>

> SteveM wrote:
>>
>> Is Office 2007 Professional with 32 bit compatible with Windows 7?

0
Daddy
2/9/2010 2:55:55 PM
Yes, Office 2007 is ONLY available in a 32 bit version.

SteveM wrote:

> Is Office 2007 Professional with 32 bit compatible with Windows 7?

0
Bob
2/9/2010 3:36:49 PM
In article <#ax48fZqKHA.5896@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl>, Daddy wrote:
> Do you feel it's a wise idea for someone to install beta software on their
> main computer?

If the work you do with Office is important to you and you don't want to take
chances with it, I'd say no.  But that's me ... others may have a higher
tolerance for risk.

At the very least, you'd want to completely uninstall the beta before
installing the released version of Office, and even then you're taking it on
faith that a beta's installer/uninstaller is fully tested, which, being that
it's a beta, it won't have been.

There's also the possibility of corrupted documents due to subtle changes in
the way the apps store data, etc.

The release will have bugs.  The beta will have more.

MS warns not to install the beta on a production computer.

There's a reason for that.

> Daddy
>
> "20100209" <20100209@20100209.NET> wrote in message
> >
> > YES.  I have had no problems thus far.  However, if you haven't got
> > Office 2007 yet, then it is good idea to get into Office 2010 direct and
> > you can download a beta version from here:
> >
> > <http://www.microsoft.com/office/2010/en/default.aspx>
> >
> > The beta version is valid until June 2010 by which time new version
> > should be out.
> >

> > hth
> >

> > SteveM wrote:
> >>
> >> Is Office 2007 Professional with 32 bit compatible with Windows 7?

0
Steve
2/9/2010 4:54:09 PM
YES

Steve Rindsberg wrote:

> In article <#ax48fZqKHA.5896@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl>, Daddy wrote:

> There's a reason for that.

What reason?

exchange 2007 #6
I am told you can set up catchall mailboxes using the hub transport rules at the organization level. However, I can't seem to get it to work. Anyone have any specific guidance on this ? Thanks. Ben EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice http://www.eggheadcafe.com ...

Z Report #7
Hi everyone, I need to understand the X Report. Specially when you use layaways, is not clear to me where it shows the payments against the final sale. Is there a document that would explain each line of this report??? Thanks, Sacha can't remember where I found this. hope it helps Register - Number given to register where report was produced Batch Number - The number assigned by Store Operations to identify the current batch. Batch Status - Shows whether the batch is closed or not Start Date - Date when batch begins Start Time - Time when batch begins End Date - Date when batch...

Problem with starting Word 2007
I have a recurring problem with Word 2007. Every few days (I haven't figured out a pattern yet) Word 2007 will not start. All that shows up is the Word 2007 splash screen. In order to get past this I have to remove the normal.dotm file and reboot. Then I can bring up Word 2007. This problem started a few weeks ago and I have not installed anything new on the computer. I'm runnin Windows7 and MSOffice 2007. I've removed a few add-ons in order to pinpoint the issue but so far no luck. Questions: Has anyone seen this problem before? Does anyone have suggestions of wha...

reinstalling windows

Windows live mail

Windows Vista

Outlook 2007 question
I installed outlook 2007 and now I try to customise it but I notice that the Tools/Opions and Tools/Customize menus are disabled. Why and how to enable them? thanks I notice now that the problem is more severe. I cannot reply to messages, save is not working. It seems that most of the functionality is disabled. I can receive emails but cannot answer them. Any clue? this is very bothering. Thanks! "YLY" wrote: > I installed outlook 2007 and now I try to customise it but I notice that the > Tools/Opions and Tools/Customize menus are disabled. Why and how to enable > t...

open windows

Windows pdate Status: Failed

Converting back to Outlook 2007 for Outlook 2010
Good Day All; I am currently running Outlook 2010 (Office 2010) and if I remember correctly, the bata version runs out in October (?) this year. DOes anyone know of any problems and the solutions to reverting back to Outlook 2007 andkeeping all files? Thanks Chomp Your are correct about the time frame and yes, you can roll back to Office 2007 from the beta of Office 2010. Your steps would be to uninstall the Office 2010 family beta (and all other beta components [e.g. connector if you where using it for Hotmail access.]) via add/remove programs. Install Office 2007, it...

Outlook Mail not working with Windows 7

Windows Explorer doesn't show keywords

Setup could not find any available products to install. Office 200
Hello! Clicking "Change" button in "Programs and features" with Office 2007 Trial selected gives an error "Setup Error Setup could not find any available products to install. Please contact your systm administrator." in Windows 7 x64. Running setup from Office 2007 Trial downloaded file to change components works OK. How to make the "Change" button work? Windows Update suggests to install 125kb Office 2007 SP1 repeatedly. I agree to install every time, but Windows Update suggests to install it again next time. This began to happen after un...

Windows recovery console

Configuring Outlook 2007
Hi, I was trying to configure Outlook 2007 to access my mails. I am facing this problem continuosly- If I try to access my hotmail account, it always goes into Offline mode, though I am able to access it through Windows Live. Once or twice, I have been able to download few mails, but never more than than that. The OS is Vista. Thanks ________________________________________ " If you think you can, and if you think you can't, then you are right"- Henry ford Are you using the Outlook Connector? if not, you need it - http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?Fa...

windows messenger/Outlook 2002

Windows update error

Outlook 2007 & Public Folders
Hello: I have Outlook 2007 running against an Exchange 2003 server. All clients use RPC over HTTPS for access. We have a few Public Folders setup. We can access them but the frequently disappear from the list of items along the left side (under Mail Folders). The only way to then access them is via the Go menu. Is there a way to get them to stay there? Thanks. Public Folders do not show when using the MAIL view. Your clients need to use the FOLDER LIST view to see them. Nikki Peterson "MS Poster" <spamaway@nospam.com> wrote in message news:b3173d7168078ca1cd47ba8a8...