Win 7 system: Works SE 9 corrupted,Office '03 product key not work

I purchased Microsoft Office 2003 professional upgrade some years ago and
installed in on my laptop with XP. It allowed me to upgrade because I had
works already installed. I have just purchased a new laptop with Windows 7
installed. It has (had) Works SE 9 on it and the 60 days trail of Office 2007.

I tried to install Office 2003 but when I entered the product key it said
that I did not have a previous office product installed and quit the install.
It did not recognize Works SE 9. I then installed my older copy of Works 7 in
an attempt to get it to recognize that (which it did previously on the XP
system). The product key still did not work, and then neither did either
version of Works. Works 7 and Works SE 9 did not work. I then uninstalled
Works 7, and, of course, it seems to have uninstalled vital components of
Works SE 9 as well.

The computer did not come with a Works disk, as it was preloaded and the
restore feature will only restore system components and drivers, not
preloaded applications like Works. Acer, of course, suggested contacting
Microsoft. So, I have no Works and Office 2003 will not install and I cannot
afford and would rather not purchase Office 2007, since I have purchased and
am pleased with Works 7 and Office 2003.

a) Can I get Works reinstalled? It was the free SE version, so how can I
download it?
b) How can I get my copy of Office 2003 installed? I really miss having
Outlook.

Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

You have to uninstall the Ofice Trial and Activation Assistant, Also the
various versions of Works, before you try again.
Generally you only need the qualifying version (works 7) cd to point to when
Office 2003 upgrade complains.

In your case you would probably be better off restoring your PC to factory
specs, uninstalling 2007 & Works 9 as above, rebooting, prior to installing
2003

"SEAnet" <SEAnet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I purchased Microsoft Office 2003 professional upgrade some years ago and
> installed in on my laptop with XP. It allowed me to upgrade because I had
> works already installed. I have just purchased a new laptop with Windows 7
> installed. It has (had) Works SE 9 on it and the 60 days trail of Office
> 2007.
>
> I tried to install Office 2003 but when I entered the product key it said
> that I did not have a previous office product installed and quit the
> install.
> It did not recognize Works SE 9. I then installed my older copy of Works 7
> in
> an attempt to get it to recognize that (which it did previously on the XP
> system). The product key still did not work, and then neither did either
> version of Works. Works 7 and Works SE 9 did not work. I then uninstalled
> Works 7, and, of course, it seems to have uninstalled vital components of
> Works SE 9 as well.
>
> The computer did not come with a Works disk, as it was preloaded and the
> restore feature will only restore system components and drivers, not
> preloaded applications like Works. Acer, of course, suggested contacting
> Microsoft. So, I have no Works and Office 2003 will not install and I
> cannot
> afford and would rather not purchase Office 2007, since I have purchased
> and
> am pleased with Works 7 and Office 2003.
>
> a) Can I get Works reinstalled? It was the free SE version, so how can I
> download it?
> b) How can I get my copy of Office 2003 installed? I really miss having
> Outlook.
>
> Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

0
DL
2/2/2010 9:04:15 AM

"SEAnet" <SEAnet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I purchased Microsoft Office 2003 professional upgrade some years ago and
> installed in on my laptop with XP. It allowed me to upgrade because I had
> works already installed. I have just purchased a new laptop with Windows 7
> installed. It has (had) Works SE 9 on it and the 60 days trail of Office
> 2007.
>
> I tried to install Office 2003 but when I entered the product key it said
> that I did not have a previous office product installed and quit the
> install.
> It did not recognize Works SE 9. I then installed my older copy of Works 7
> in
> an attempt to get it to recognize that (which it did previously on the XP
> system). The product key still did not work, and then neither did either
> version of Works. Works 7 and Works SE 9 did not work. I then uninstalled
> Works 7, and, of course, it seems to have uninstalled vital components of
> Works SE 9 as well.
>
> The computer did not come with a Works disk, as it was preloaded and the
> restore feature will only restore system components and drivers, not
> preloaded applications like Works. Acer, of course, suggested contacting
> Microsoft. So, I have no Works and Office 2003 will not install and I
> cannot
> afford and would rather not purchase Office 2007, since I have purchased
> and
> am pleased with Works 7 and Office 2003.
>
> a) Can I get Works reinstalled? It was the free SE version, so how can I
> download it?
> b) How can I get my copy of Office 2003 installed? I really miss having
> Outlook.
>
> Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

This is Microsoft's KB article in reference to upgrading to Office 2003.
Apparently Works is not a qualifying upgrade product to allow the
installation of Office 2003.  You would need Office 97, 2000 or XP to
qualify.  You just need the disk (not the license key) for one of these
qualifiers.

0
LVTravel

Reminders #7
Hi, For some reason the reminders of the callendar and tasks won't appear in Outlook 2003. Can anybody help me? Thanks, David Hello Jason, Jason wrote: > For some reason the reminders of the callendar and tasks won't appear > in Outlook 2003. Can anybody help me? try this: 1. Start|Run... 2. Outlook /CleanReminders Please avoid cross-postings like this in future! x-post & f'up2 microsoft.public.outlook Regards -- Thomas Wenzl [MVP for Outlook] Share what you know, learn what you don't! (Deja/Google) After doing this, a message appears from the outlook ...

Is it possible to use CRM as a scheduler for a Doctor office
Does any one have experience with this? Can appointments and fees be setup and tracked? Just querying for a client. thanks -- George Adrian No reason why it can't. I have a client that uses Service Activities that are linked to an Order whereby the Order Product contains Products with a type of "Service". Resources can be Users (Doctors), Facilities can be use for multiple Doctor Offices. You can also create custom entity for Insurence data that links to both the Contact and Account (for Group plans). --MD On Jul 24, 2:09 pm, George Adrian <GeorgeAdr...@discussions.micr...

Windows 7 Mail Question
Does Windows 7 have an included email application? If so, does it support IMAP, POP, SMTP, EXCHANGE and HTTP email configurations? Thank you. -Frank YES "Frankster" <frank@SPAM2TRASH.com> wrote in message news:ze6dnYRTr8IDfqXWnZ2dnUVZ_hOdnZ2d@giganews.com... > Does Windows 7 have an included email application? If so, does it support > IMAP, POP, SMTP, EXCHANGE and HTTP email configurations? > > Thank you. > > -Frank Windows 7 does not include an email program. I use the free Windows Live Mail,(http:\download.live.com) but ther...

When I hit the shift key and the question mark I get a cap E?
When composing e-mail I cannot get a question mark without using "insert" function. I get an acute cap E when i use the shift key and question mark above forward slash?? ...

Win 7...to..... Win XP??
Blank Is it possible to install Win XP over Win 7 in a laptop w/o causing any problems?? Thanxxxxx...Rudy//////// Rudy wrote: > Blank Is it possible to install Win XP over Win 7 in a laptop > w/o causing any problems?? Thanxxxxx...Rudy//////// "w/o causing any problems" is ill-defined. It's no problem for me to do a clean installation of Windows 7 over a Windows XP system and continue using it... Is it a problem for you to do a clean installation of Windows 7 over Windows XP, install your applications and restore your data so you can us...

Link problem under MS Office 2002 "Outlook Shortcuts" pane.
Hi - I'm recovering from a fatal hard-drive crash (with a new h-d) and have a few issues remaining. One of those is that, in Outlook 2002, I no longer have access to the Office components via the Outlook Shortcut pane. The main e-mail page comes-up on the right, but when I click on any of shortcut links (Outlook Today, Inbox, Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, Notes, Deleted Items), the large window on the right turns gray and displays the following message: "Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified folder location. The folder no longe...

Install WIN 98 after WIN XP
On my notebook i have installed WIN XPSP2 on partotion C(NTFS). Then I have created partition E on the same hard disk(D is CD drive), and format it to FAT32 situable for instalation of WIN 98. The problem for me is how to install WIN 98 to E drive, without deleting WIN XP, and with boot menu to choose which operating system want to use. I need to install WIN 98 for diagnostic software of some old devices that won´t work on WIN XP. I was thinking to solve this problem in next steps: - create an image of operating system(image of WIN XP) on NTFS file system with some backup a...

This Formula does not work....
I'm trying to Count the amount of 'R' appearing in column D. Tried this formula below but no joy. =SUM($D$1:$D$249="R") Also tried =SUM($D$1:$D$49=J16) where J!^ contains letter R but still no joy. -- Many Thanks Gunjani Under the bed is not a good place to save snowballs for summer. =COUNTIF($D$1:$D$249="R") =COUNTIF($D$1:$D$249=J16) "Gunjani" <yunus786DELETETHIS@btopenworld.com> wrote in message news:MPG.1b02e1d1663db0a69896b8@news.btinternet.com... > I'm trying to Count the amount of 'R' appear...

Win 7 x64 and problems with ERUNT
I have, since loading Win 7 x64, not been able to use ERUNT to automatically backup the Registry at startup. It appears that if you elect for the ERUNT default configuration to save the 'backup' to %systemroot%\ERDNT the backup will fail. However, I have since learned, (Google where else?) that if you elect to save the backup to another folder it will succeed. In my case I save the backup to a USB drive (P:\ERDNT) and 'autobackup' runs as it should at startup. ...

error encountered installing office pro plus 2010 Win 7 ultimate 3
Trying to install Office Pro Plus 2010 in Win 7 unltimate 32bit downloaded from technet as the installer was starting to run got this error "Error 2203. An internal error has occurred. (C:windows\installer\546ca7b.ipi -2147287035) ???? -- Thanks for the help Since Pro Plus is a volume license you would need to seek support from your Home IT dept, or via the phone numbers given with your 'purchase' of Pro Plus "pauldemo" <pauldemo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:226448E2-498C-4D1B-A798-0D92E04D839A@microsoft.com... > Try...

Drop down list 03-27-10
Hello, Im trying to create a linked multiple drop down list in excel and im not sure if it can be done, such as in the first list of pipe diameter, second list wall thickness, pipe outer diameter, third list circumference and so on. when the an item from the first list is selected, the following lists are to show the specific value based upon the first selection. help would very much appreciated, thank you I think that www.contextures.com has some assistance to offer. Look at this first: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html and if that's not exactly what you need...

Exchange Server Unavailable #7
I am unable to send emails due to not being able to sign in to an Microsoft Exchange Server. At sign on, I am asked for a Post Office server. What is the correct path or Network location to my Microsoft Mail postoffice? What is my Mail box? Houston, TX Contact your ISP or network administrator for your mail account settings. They are the only ones who can answer this question for you. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 "Sedone" <Sedone@disc...

DDE
In the access program (97,2000,XP, 2003) I was using DDE commands for sending data to Excel and creating charts. For the chart I was using Chart.Wizard which is faster than defining property by property the chart values. In 2007 this command is not executed. I don't receive an error but it does not work. Is this command not available in 2007 ? Has it been replaced by sth else ? ...

fonts #7
I have been using this font "Elaine" for my logo and now that I have reinstall Office 2003 standard edition I have lost this font. Can anyone out there help me please... There's a newsgroup named: comp.fonts Maybe you could post there or even search google within that newsgroup. dong wrote: > > I have been using this font "Elaine" for my logo and now that I have > reinstall Office 2003 standard edition I have lost this font. Can anyone out > there help me please... -- Dave Peterson ...

2003 video e-mail not working right
Have office2003 and installed video e-mail for outlook. I can record and send the video e-mail to myself or another user on my computer. when I go to open It all there is showing is the little square box and it will not play the video...What is wrong?? Using ie 7 ...

autorecover doesn't work reliably during a forced reboot
Scenario: - Auto-recover is enabled in excel - An Unsaved Excel document is open - An SMS process for applying security or windows update patches causes a forced/unattended system reboot After the reboot is performed, the unsaved changes are lost in the excel document, because Autorecover doesn't think there is an autorecover document (apparently). I've had this happen a number of times, but it isn't 100% consistent. Is there anything I can do to increase the likelihood that autorecover will actually work (short of trying to disable SMS and windows update)? Is it possi...

Outlook Express 6.0 Win XP #2
How do I make a back-up of my messages on outlook express to burn on a CD ? Thanks ...

Outlook Rules that don't work
I have a similar problem to the one below. Rules do not work unless run with the 'Run Now' option. Has a solution/workaround to this been discovered yet? Many Thanks, Neil Ramsay. >I discovered something I think might be the problem: My rules do not >execute when they come in even though the rule wizard says to "apply these >rules after the message comes in". If I click on the box at the bottom "run >now" and then check off the boxes for the rules I want to run, they execute >on the messages in my Inbox. >Any idea why it behaves this way? ...

cell formatting #7
I have sheet that is not letting me format a number unless I doubl click on the cell. Say the cell value is 5.00000 I cannot reduce the number of decimals. There is over 12k rows of data so I don't particularly want to g through each cell. Thanks in advanc ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Try - tools / options / edit / fixed decimal. >-----Original Message----- > >I have sheet that is not letting me format a number unless I double >clic...

Database with Works suite 2003?
Is the database bundled with Works suite 2003 the same as Access 2002? Thanks in advance douglas Douglas Sorry, it's a simple answer No. -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Douglas Sey" <douglassey@connel.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message news:cnavuo$ems$1@newsg3.svr.pol.co.uk... > Is the database bundled with Works suite 2003 the same as Access 2002? > > Thanks in advance > douglas > > Douglas I doubt it very much, but you could check with the Access or Works Suite News Groups. ...

MTA not working on new server after SP4
I have Enterprise 5.5 with (2) NT4 SP6a servers working great. We are not using Active Dir yet, still PDC-BDC. Needed to replace one of the old servers with newer hardware. Set up a new server with Win2K SP4 then loaded Exch 5.5 joining an exisiting site. Moved a couple of test mailboxes and it worked OK.... until I loaded Exchange SP4 on the new server. Now the MTA doesn't pass mail to the new server. In fact I don't even see the old servers listed in my queues on the new server, but they were there before the SP4. One of my old servers is running Exch 5.5 with SP2 an...

Money 2004 Small Business #7
I have installed OK and have set up a business file OK. Now I want to set up a file for my personal accounts but when I try it always asks for business info. I tried looking in the help guide but can't figure it out. Just ignore the requests. I have exactly your scenario and have two files one for my personal data and one for my Company. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny UK Wishes/Suggestions mnyukwsh@microsoft.com "Marty" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

I would like to automaticly save the document I am working on
I would like to automaticly save the document I am working on every 5 min. to the file it is from. See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/general/AutomaticSave.htm http://www.gmayor.com/automatically_backup.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "charliebuck" <charliebuck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:23287517-3897-4E0A-B411-650AAC457093@microsoft.com... >I would like to automaticly save the document I am working on every 5 min. >to > the file it is from. > ...

Working with a range
Can someone suggest visual basic code for a macro to check for the occurance of a single digit (1-9) in a range such as A1:C3. Each cell in the range must contain a digit once, ie. no repeats, and no blanks. Dan Have a look in VBA help for Find,then findnext -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Dan Chupinsky" <dchupinsky@twmi.rr.com> wrote in message news:iwKxe.43548$7X1.28928@tornado.ohiordc.rr.com... > Can someone suggest visual basic code for a macro to check for the occurance > of a single digit (1-9) in a range such as A1:C3. Each cell in the r...

Formula Help 03-01-10
I need to find how many times Dan occurs in a certain month. Example Below. A B 1 1/2/10 Dan 2 1/5/10 Dan 3 1/10/10 Perry 4 2/3/10 Perry 5 2/7/10 Dan 6 2/12/10 Perry Answer = 2 for January & 1 for February -- Thanks! PIVOT table is the right tool for this. "mahlandj" wrote: > I need to find how many times Dan occurs in a certain month. Example Below. > > A ...