Where are my own templates stored?

Could someone explain how I can get my own templates to show up in the list
on my Microsoft Works Launcher?  I have MS Works and Office, in the task
launcher it has a tab to show templates, how can I get it to show my template
for Sales Order?  It would save me so much time rather than having to open up
a new word document then using the open folder to load my template.  I'm sure
it's obvious, but I can't figure it out.  :)

Thank you in advance for any suggestions or help given.
Linda

If you have an unknown version of Office, why do you still have Works
installed? Works and Office are completely different programs, though your
version of Works may feature a version of Word

"Linda" <Linda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Could someone explain how I can get my own templates to show up in the
> list
> on my Microsoft Works Launcher?  I have MS Works and Office, in the task
> launcher it has a tab to show templates, how can I get it to show my
> template
> for Sales Order?  It would save me so much time rather than having to open
> up
> a new word document then using the open folder to load my template.  I'm
> sure
> it's obvious, but I can't figure it out.  :)
>
> Thank you in advance for any suggestions or help given.
> Linda

0
DL

Printing Hyperlinks stored in fields
I have a list of hyperlinks that are stored in fields(Range A1 through A200, for example). I would like to print them(essentially send it to Acrobat Distiller and convert to PDF files). When i click on the link, it opens an IE window and i can do the print from there however i cannot automate this using a macro. As a result, i am unable to automate the process of creating the PDFs. If there was a way of opening the webpages inside of Excel to the macro could actually control it, that would be ideal. Is there any other way that this can be done? Any ideas are much appreciated Thanks in ...

where does oma store "ok, and do not warn me again"
Hi all, Does anyone know where Exchange 2003 SP1 OMA stores its "ok, and do not warn me again" settings when an unsupported device logs on? I have a phone that only works properly if I'm prompted, and not after I told OMA to store its User-Agent. I'd like to purge its entry from the OMA database. thanks Karnov ...

Information Store not starting
Hi when my exchange 5.5 information store is not starting when i try to start the service these errors are being sent to event viewer App Log Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeIS Event Category: General Event ID: 1120 Date: 5/05/2004 Time: 12:08:41 AM User: N/A Computer: RAIN Description: Error 0xfffff8ed initializing the Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store database. Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeIS Event Category: General Event ID: 5000 Date: 5/05/2004 Time: 12:08:41 AM User: N/A Computer: RAIN Description: Unable to initialize the Microsoft Exchange ...

How do I convert a Power Point template to Publisher?
I have found on-line a Power Point template that I would like to copy over to Publisher. Is this possible? If so, please walk me though it. Thank you. Copy and paste. (Please tell me that you don't need step by step directions for *that*.) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Image Maker" <Image Maker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B98E20B1-E578-4032-B1CA-1C7867D8DB7B@microsoft.com... >I have found on-line a Power Point template that I would like to copy over >to > Publisher. Is this possible? If so, please walk me though it. ...

RMS instalation in more then 50 stores
Hi, can somebody give me info on some company having an RMS solution installed on more then 50 stores, meaning: RMS HQ and more then 50 RMS SO stores instalation? A contact information or a web-site will be a perfect answer... Also, a less then 50 stores solution will be helful... Thanx in advance, best regards Antonijo -- ADTodorovik Antonijo, I have rolled out MRMS to over 100 stores connected to our company server via an ADSL connected IPSEC VPN. We are currently using a 130 HQ licence to allow for expansion. Stores connect automatically every 1 hour and upload sales data. Do y...

Exchange Store service not responding
Hi all, Getting the following error message during backup of Exchange 5.5 serer on Win2k server. The Exchange Store service is not responding. Backup set canceled. Database was not found, or could not be accessed. Just before this in the Job Completion status the message - 'A communication failure has occurred' Does this relate to fact that it can't find the database or a hardware issue. Running BE V9.0 with Exchange agent and Open file agent. Backup seems ok apart from this, Ive seen lots of similar posts but noting that shows a definitive answer. Regards Gary ...

Move user's mailbox store
Hello, Sometime ago we moved all of our users to a new exchange server. Unfortunately I am noticing we have 2 users , when looking in Exchange General properties, their mailbox store is pointed to the old server. How would I change that to the correct server? thanks! Sean it would appear those mailboxes did not get moved...have you tried again to move them? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Sean" <nomail@here.com> wrote in message news:%23$u63PN3GHA.2096@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > Sometime ago we moved all of our users to a new exchange server. > Unfortun...

Where are client permissions stored?
Hi I'd like to know where client permissions fe on public folders are stored. Can I find them back in adsiedit or are they stored in exchange DB. Why aren't groups not deleted from the client permissions on a public folder when the group is deleted from AD. tx I believe they are stored in AD. Groups aren't deleted for the same reason they aren't deleted from any other ACL. The potential performance and management issues are tremendous and reasonably group deletion should not be that common in a mature environment. Nue "Cathy_db" <cathy_dbh@hotmail.com> w...

Office Online Templates
This may be a stupid question, if so I'm sorry for asking. Can I download and use the templates available for download on the Office online site? I used so many nice things when I used Office under windows, but I'm not sure if I will screw up my Office for Mac by trying to use these. Thanks. Hi Amy, the Office Online templates should work just fine on your Mac. Two caveats: Office for Mac handles templates slightly differently from Windows Office. You will need to save the downloaded templates in Applications/Microsoft Office 2004/Templates and then open them from within the Proj...

old email now Word template for all new e-mails?
I use Outlook 2000 and recently began getting an old e- mail at the beginning of every new e-mail I start and also every time I click 'reply'. I've looked at the normal.dot template in Word -- it appears to be blank. Where is this old e-mail living that it pastes itself on all new emails and replys? Many thanks, Paulette See if you can find an email.dot file -- I think that's what WordMail in Office 2000 used for mail messages, rather than normal.dot. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only...

Recovering Information store
Hi -- I have an Exchange 2003 SP2 (SBS 2003 SP2) server that was just wiped and completely reloaded. Continuing problems with screwed-up updates and AD issues just got to be too much, and the server was wiped clean, reinstalled, and jumped to the latest SPs on all software. I have the Exchsrvr\MDBDATA folder (several copies of it for safekeeping) from before the wipe. How do I power up Exchange so that I can recover the contents of the information store and reassign the mailboxes to the new AD users? Thanks CL On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 04:07:08 -0500, "Charl...

Exchange 2003 Store Limit Warning does not work
Why does not the store limit warning work with Exchange 2003 ? The "prohibit send" works ok, but the warning does not. How can I make it work ? It would be very important to us. On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 18:33:26 +0300, "Petri Paunonen" <petri.paunonen@POISTAbrandtgroup.fi> wrote: >Why does not the store limit warning work with Exchange 2003 ? > >The "prohibit send" works ok, but the warning does not. How can I make it >work ? It would be very important to us. > What doesnt work about it? On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 18:33:26 +0300, "Petri Pauno...

can not mount mail box store
Event Source: MSExchangeSA Event Category: MAPI Session Event ID: 9175 Date: 10/13/2005 Time: 6:24:03 PM User: N/A Computer: exchangeserver Description: The MAPI call 'OpenMsgStore' failed with the following error: The attempt to log on to the Microsoft Exchange Server computer has failed. The MAPI provider failed. Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store ID no: 8004011d-0512-00000000 For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp. Microsoft knowledgebase claims this is a folders rights issue I think there is an issue with the local system accounts ri...

Possible to copy exch store to twin server?
Hi.... We are looking to virtualize one of our small Exchange servers. When we do that, we would prefere that the old could keep running until the virtual one is ready... When we virtualize the server it will also be given a new IP adresse... Is it possible to just stop the old server and copy all store files to the new one and then start it up again....? Sincerely Erling Christensen On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 10:16:11 +0100, ErlingC <ec@vucsyd.dk> wrote: >Hi.... > >We are looking to virtualize one of our small Exchange servers. > >When we do tha...

Cannot insert clip art unless it is locally stored
Sorry if this is a FAQ, I didn't find it. In Publisher 2003, when I use Insert | Picture | Clip Art, and then type in a search term, the results list, largely shows default icons (acutally, they're blank pieces of paper with the WMP logo of all things) for every piece of clip art that is not stored locally. Therefore, there is no preview, although there are properties for each one. If I try to click on the item to insert it into my publication, I get the following error: "Publisher cannot insert the picture into this publication. The appropriate graphic converter is not availab...

'Find Item' in RMS store & HQ needs Supplier Reorder Number
Please consider this for 2.0. If a user can search for an item by Supplier, they should be able to search by Supplier Reorder Number. The need is obvious by how many ISV's have created software to fill in the big hole. Peter Johnson American Retail Supply ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click ...

TEMPLATES #22
I am looking to build a contacts dirctory using an Excel Template. Is there one in the program I could use, or one online? Thanks Are you trying to build something similar to the contacts in Outlook? It is possible to export your Outlook contacts to Excel. -- Damon Longworth Don't miss out on the 2005 Excel User Conference Sept 16th and 17th Stockyards Hotel - Ft. Worth, Texas www.ExcelUserConference.com "Charlieb" <Charlieb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6EE2A2C1-0F67-46E3-9EBF-F0C6250950D2@microsoft.com... >I am looking to build a contacts di...

registration form template
I am looking for a template for a registration form--either in Word or in Publisher. Something that has Name of Organization, Participant's Name, address, phone numbers, email, parents' names, emergency contact, fees list and form of payment, signatures, etc. etc. The kind of form that parents fill out all the time for all the activities their children do! http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/results.aspx?Scope=TC&Query=registration -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Cian" <Cian@discussions...

Store Ops Quantity
How can I update the store ops quantity from HQ. We do our receiving at HQ level, so I need to send store quantities to SO from HQ. You could use WS260, I guess, but RMS is not designed for central receiving. You may receive inventory at your physical headquarters, but you definitely don't 'receive' inventory with RMS HQ. Inventory can only be rec'd by Store Operations. You could set up a Store Ops database at HQ (for a few thousand dollars) and use the inter-store transfer process to distribute inventory. You would still have to train someone at the stores to receiv...

Customizing toolbar for particular template
I have defined a template that I want to use for, perhaps, one quarter of the emails I send out. When I want to access it, I want to get to it fast, so I customized the toolbar to have a button which goes to choose templates; however, I still have to choose the user template directory from the list presented and then click on the template itself -- several additional steps. Is there some way of creating a button in Outlook 2000 that brings up that template directly, eliminating those extra steps? Thanks. Grod, Please try the steps in the following article. 231174 OL2000: How to Open a ...

Projectcontrol template
Hello I am looking for a document for projectcontrol in excel (whith flowcharts for planning for example). I want a lot of information like planning, budget, workhours etc in one document(like microsoft project). I dont want to use software for this but a excel document so i can make i like i want. Does anybody make something like this or know where to find something on the internet? I looked at the internet but didn`t find what i`m looking for. I know that this is a lot i`m asking for but when somebody has something (maybe whit password or something) where i can go further with ple...

Create a single worksheet from a template
Hello The macro below (pinched from one of the threads) creates dulplicate worksheets from a list and has served me well over a year. However I now want to export it to another workbook starting at cell N4. I have tried adjusting it accordingly but am failing miserably not least because it doesn't work with only one name or has any error trapping when there isn't any names. Can you help. TIA Shaz Sub CreateSheets() Application.ScreenUpdating = False For Each cell In Range("a1").CurrentRegion.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants) Dim SName As String SName = cell.Value If SheetExi...

Restoring mailbox store fails
I've just installed a Windows Small Business Server which comes with Exchange 2003 Standard. The problem is that I can't restore mailboxes. What am I doing wrong? Here is how I try to do it: - Backup using ntbackup utility in advanced mode MS Exchange server\First Storage Group - Create Recovery Storage Goup and then Connect Database - Mailbox Store. After this I have First Storage Group with Mailbox Store mounted and Recovery Storage Group with Mailbox Store unmounted. Folloing step is restore Mailbox Store from backup. I run ntbackup and in Select what to restore mark First ...

Selecting Customer w/ Yahoo Store Integration
We are using store ops v1.3 to process the sales from our web site. One major problem we have is the selection of the customers. The web orders are imported into store ops via the yahoo store/exchange table. Everything works well, except that the user is prompted to select a customer from the entire customer database. Is there a way to eliminate this step, or to make finding the appropriate customer quicker/easier? Thanks We process website orders the same way and have not noticed any change in the process when we upgraded to v1.3. The full customer list does initially pop up (as it al...

Pivot Table Template?
Is is possible to use a pivot table that I have created over and over again, but to link it to a new sheet of source data each time? In essence, I run a report, and then I get a new list of data that I need to pivot. Rather than recreating the Pivot Table, can someone let me know if there is a faster way to simply tell the old pivot table that I want to run it for the new data. Thanks! ...