What replaces Frontpage 2003 in Office 2007?

I do not want to rewrite a Web site currently written and maintained using
FrontPage 2003. Any suggestions now that FP 2003 is no longer supported and
Office 2007 has no replacement.

FP may not be supported, but there is no reason why you can't continue to
use it like so many people do.

The replacement is Expression Web, or, a program similar to FP is SharePoint
Designer, which is a free download.

"Ronandbreda" <Ronandbreda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
:I do not want to rewrite a Web site currently written and maintained using
: FrontPage 2003. Any suggestions now that FP 2003 is no longer supported
and
: Office 2007 has no replacement.

0
Tom

Replace word in sentence function...
I have the following function which replaces a word in a sentence with "....." =REPLACE(I2,SEARCH(E2,I2),LEN(E2),".....") Where the word is E2 and the sentence is I2. At the moment, if the word is "work" and the sentence is "I worked at home" I get the sentence "I .....ed at home". Any ideas how I could capture any remaining letters at the end of the word and get the result "I ..... at home"? I'd greatly appreciate your help. Thanks in advance, Chris can you upload example, would be easier to view -- Message posted from h...

Windows 2003 Exchange server won't log off
I can't log off our Windows 2003 Exchange server. I can click on start, log off and click yes for "are you sure?" but nothing happens. It's also running Exchange 2003. This should be posted in the windows newsgroups - this has nothing to do with Exchange. Try one of the newsgroups in microsoft.public.windows.server, or microsoft.public.win2000. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne <jules.farrell@james-chapman.co.uk> wrote in message news:1124183408.839364.223120@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... >I can't log off our Windows 2003 Exchange server. I ca...

Excel 2003 giving annoying "Send/Don't Send" error when closing
I am accessing an instance of Excel 2003 through a Codegear C++ program I'm writing. The code looks something like this (not that it really matters all that much): TExcelApplication* ea = new TExcelApplication(this); ea->Connect(); ExcelWorkbookPtr ewbPtr = ea->get_ActiveWorkbook(); // do stuff... ewbPtr.Release(); delete ea; ea = 0; I can connect to Excel and write to it just fine. However, when I try to disconnect from it and close/delete the Excel application instance, I get an annoying Excel error message that says, "Excel has encountered a problem and...

find and replace hyperlink?
Hi, I want to globally find and replace the contents of a hyperlink with a new hyperlink. For example, I want this Jul.xls#'Title Page'!A1 to be replaced with Aug.xls#'Title Page'!A1 I can't seem to find a way do it. Is there a way? Thank you, Mike Take a look at David McRitchie's site: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/buildtoc.htm look for: Fix Hyperlinks (#FixHyperlinks) If you're new to macros, you may want to read David McRitchie's intro at: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm me wrote: > > Hi, I want to g...

OWA Question (Exch 2003)
Exchange 2003. If I go to http://owa/exchange/mailbox and login as Administrator to a certain persons mailbox (Administrator in our domain has rights to all mailboxes) - can the user tell if their email has been logged into? Can I tell from Event viewer or other means? If you open and read messages, they will be marked as read when they view them in Outlook themselves. What is the overall goal? Maybe there is a better way. William Lefkovics, MCSE, A+, ExchangeMVP Hades wrote: > Exchange 2003. > > If I go to http://owa/exchange/mailbox and login as Administrator to a > ...

Excel 2003 - VBA
Hi Guys: I have a spreadsheet where I am pulling Account data from several sources. One thing that I am looking for is to see if a given account has been on the same strategy for the duration of the period under test. Visually I would determine this by scanning a row of data to see that the strategy code (Alpha Code) was consistent throughout the period. Is there a quick way of looking at a range of cells and determining if they are all the same? The period could be several hundred cells long. Craig You can use a formula like: =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A10<>"")/COUNTIF(A1:A10,A1:A...

Publisher 2003 #10
Can anyone tell me if Publisher 2003 has Thumbnail in it's Tool Menu! Like Front Page has! No, it does not. "Sam Kellogg" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DEB8498F-D84B-4C6B-A2AE-C41D7B478396@microsoft.com... > Can anyone tell me if Publisher 2003 has Thumbnail in it's Tool Menu! Like Front Page has! Let me add to that. You CAN create a thumbnail but it's not an autothumbnail feature. This is from the Help file. I'm going to assume you do not have Pub 2003 otherwise you've have done your own research, right? 1.. On your ...

VBA and Chart Legends (2003 and 2007)
I have this snippet of code to update the legends to the bottom of the chart For Each objCht In WS.ChartObjects With objCht.Chart .Legend.Position = xlLegendPositionBottom End With Next objCht If I record this in 2003 OR 2007, I get this ActiveChart.Legend.Select Selection.Position = xlBottom But if I type .Legend.Position in the original snippet, xlLegendPositionBottom is an option and xlBottom is not an option. In Office 2007, it appears to Gack on xlLegendPositionBottom and prefers xlBottom. Is this a bug, or am I missing somethin...

Outlook 2003 preparing for install popping up
Hi, I did a full install of Office 2003 Standard - "full install" means *everything* to run from the computer; Yet each time I do certain actions in Outlook, a dialog pops ups saying "Windows Installer - Preparing for install". The Floppy drive grinds a few seconds, and after about 20 seconds the dialog disappears. It happens when: - I highlight or open a HTML format message - I rightclick on a mail-address I've ran the Repair function - didn't help. Searched the web and found dozens of other people having the same problem.... but not one solution!! The ...

Replacing Powerpoint 97 SR-2 on M/S Office 97 Pro Edit on Win XP
I dread asking this in case someone descends on me like a ton of bricks and says the answer is in the posts already! - but i I have never used the PP 97 which came with the MS Office 97 Pro Edit I have installed on my computer which uses Win XP with Ser Pack 3. I am about to embark on using PowerPoint for the FIRST time and wonder whether I should, before anything else, acquire a more up to date version first - and one that will work problem free with my XP - which version should I go for and will it, on loading, overwrite and replace the Powpoint I already have and still operat...

Copying and Pasting in Publisher 2007
I've recently upgraded MS Office. I do a newsletter each month and often paste from an old newsletter into a new one. It used to work fine but for some reason now when i hit paste, it pastes in the most recent thing i've deleted from the new newsletter instead of what i want to paste in. Can someone help? TIA! Emerald53 wrote: > I've recently upgraded MS Office. I do a newsletter each month and > often paste from an old newsletter into a new one. It used to work > fine but for some reason now when i hit paste, it pastes in the most > recent thing i've deleted ...

Search and replace problem
Hi, I have an Excel worksheets where in several cell's a symbol was added to mark the cell's "to review". The symbol used was "(*)". I have tried now to delete all the entries with a "search and replace", but Excel interpretes the asterisk as a DOS-symbol and deletes everythng between brackets. Is there a way to avoid that or to let Excel know that I only want to delete the specific characters. TIA Melissa It's because it is a wildcard, you can replace it by preceding it with a tilde ~ which tell Excel to find an asterisk in find what p...

Read-receipts in Outlook 2007 with shared imap folders
Hi, I have a info@domain.com email address that goes to an imap folder. I have 2 users who have access to that folder. If user 1moves the email to another folder and that email has a read-receipt set on it, then user 2 sends out an automatic email saying that the email was deleted without being read. This happens without the user 2 doing anything. Both users are using Outlook 2007. Is there any way to get outlook to not send read-receipts for certain folders? The user still wants to send read-receipts for her private emails. Any ideas? Is there a better way of setting this up with Outloo...

Word 2007 Form Won't Download From a FrontPage Web Site
I've created a form in Word 2007 that includes text boxes and check boxes that visitors should be able to download and save from a link to that file posted on a FrontPage 2003 Web site. When the file is downoaded, it comes in as some type of zip file. Why is this happening? Go to http://11e1.gdpkeyboarding.com/Questionnaire.htm and click the link in this sentence: "Click here to download the Questionnaire." Thanks in advance for any advice. Arlene The default file format in Word 2007 is .docx, which actually is a sort of ..zip file. You have two alternatives...

Money 2003 Reconciliation
I formerly used Money 2000 and 2002 and it would take me about 1 minute to reconcile two checking accounts. Now, with Money 2003, it takes close to a half hour to do it. I have told the program to "not" mark downloaded transactions as reconciled and it works fine for a couple of days. By the end of the month, more than two thirds of the transactions are marked as reconciled and I have to go back and change the markings on each transaction. Any ideas on how to fix this problem. Does 2004 work any better? I have been using 2004 for about a month now and have had no issue...

Reinstalling Office X
I am reinstalling Office X on all the computers at work because someone installed the same software on 2 computers. And I don't know which ones. I was told that I might be able to unlicense the computer and then reinstall which will replace what currently exists on the computer. Can someone tell me what is the easiest way to remove an exisitng application so that I can reinstall it? Thanks To remove and reinstall Office X, you run the Remove Office tool from the Value Pack on the Office X CD. However, if all you need to do is switch the license number, you can do that without removing ...

Outlook 2003
Hello Everyone, Any shortcuts I add or any changes I make are lost once I close Outlook. Some seem to stay longer than others but eventually they all disappear. I have full Administrator privileges on the system. Any ideas? Shortcuts made where, and changes made to what? More info please :-) -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:0a5f01c3d3b3$8baad020$a601280a@phx.gbl, Frankie C wrote: > Hello Everyone, > > Any shortcuts I add or any ch...

Access 2002/2003 VBA What kind of file is .CRC (Binary, text) ? How do I read it with FreeFile()?
Dear All Access 2002 w/SP3 Access 2003 w/SP2 Windows XP Pro w/SP2 Type of file: CRC File Opens with: Unknown application I want to read all the data in a .CRC file I know I can read it using FSO, if I click on File name -> right click on properties, Changes and choose the notepad to open it. But I do not want to do this, I want to open the file as is using FreeFile() and read all the data The file was created using a program called CdCheck http://www.kvipu.com/CDCheck/ Can someone please help? Thanks in advance Regards, Antonio Macias rebelscum0000 <piiixp@jedikeeper.com> wro...

Outlook 2003 Crashes Opening Other Users Calendar
Outlook 2003 SP3 all patches running against Exchange 2003. When user goes to view another users calendar outlook generates an Unknown Error, crashes and then comes right back up. It's a super fast restart. I've deleted the OST and recreated it, but it persists and its not just specific calendars. it can happen with anyone's or work fine, but its pretty persistent. Has anyone run into this? Thanks A little more info. Two events.... Event Type: Error Event Source: Microsoft Office 11 Event Category: None Event ID: 1000 Date: 4/24/2009 Time: 9:51:46 AM User: N/A Computer: TK...

Inserting Excell 2003 worksheet
Using Pub 2003 with Windows XP Home In my lastest guild newsletter I wanted to have one page be the membership roster. I created that file with Excel 2003, but fumbled around the in help files and program menus in Publisher trying to insert it as a properly formatted one page table. I finally ended up saving each page of the Publisher document and the Excel page as separate PDF files then combined them all in Adobe Acrobat 6 Standard. That worked fine but I wondered if there is a simpler method. Just copy the Excel range and paste it in Publisher - couldn't be simpler. Was the o...

Exchange 2003
Does Exchange 2003 finally address a major shortcoming of 2000 in that mail inbound that isn't resolved (bad address or whatever the case may be) cannot be forwarded to a specific mailbox? I am currently using 2000 and the hack/workaround with a VB COM component and second virtual server... I would like to upgrade to 2003 but I need to know if I this issue has been fixed. Thanks -- russ "Russ Bishop" <nowhere> wrote in message news:eQUSPPRtDHA.2136@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Does Exchange 2003 finally address a major shortcoming of 2000 in that mail > inbound that...

replace a negative result with a zero?
I have my formula entered but need it to return a zero if the result is negative. Any help is greatly appreciated. -- Pam Well, what is the formula that you are using? You could try this: =3DMAX(your_formula,0) to replace your_formula. Hope this helps. Pete On Apr 19, 5:17=A0pm, Pam2277 <Pam2...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have my formula entered but need it to return a zero if the result is > negative. =A0Any help is greatly appreciated. > -- > Pam Hi, =if(your formula<0,0,your formula) "Pam2277" wrote: > ...

FrontPage 2003
I am totally new to FrontPage 2003 but wish to continue creating a site in it. Can anyone advise on the following: 1. Whether I should buy a domain name and start hosting as soon as I start or should I wait until I have completed the website on my local computer and then publish the site 2. I have created a strip of moving (right to left) images in Flash5...each one being a button and if clicked on should open up an individual web page with a large version of that button image. This means having linked each image to a unique URL taken from the preview. But will this link remain...

How to program a new application that shows office look and feel.
Hello, I am about to implement an application on my new project and considering that I would make the application "office look and feel". Is there anyone who know how to do it or where to buy a third party product for it. Thank you, Bigbird. Which version of Office? Check out http://www.codejock.com they are the most economical ones around. AliR. "Back 9" <Back9@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0D75B289-9301-4A9B-B552-C367E72D2FB9@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > I am about to implement an application on my new project and considering >...

Office Mac 2004 Student & Teacher edition
Hi I have this software which I bought and installed about six months ago on my three computers (one is a laptop). No trouble until now when my laptop died so I had to copy all of my laptop files over to one of the desktops which already had Office Mac 04 installed on it. I've now cleaned it up and the desktop only has one version on it. Even though we have three product keys and only two working computers it won't allow us to use Mac 04 on any other computer (only on one). How do I fix this? Thank you. Maybe you accidentally used the same registration key on several computers. ...