Update re loading existing Home & Student onto netbook

Hi, I asked a question re loading my existing Office onto my netbook and it
was suggested that the only way to do it was to load the CD onto a USB or
load it via an external CD drive.

I went into the local computer store today to buy an external CD drive and I
told him what I wanted it for. He was very adamant that I didn't need one as
I could just go to "www.getmicrosoftoffice.com and download it using my
existing product key.

I have just finished dowloading it (just select the product you want to
download and it asks for your product key and it is done in a matter of
minutes) and I have the full suit now on the netbook. Just thought I'd update
because there were a few people with the same problem.

cheers

Works for Office 2007, it appears, but no other versions. Just to be clear.

--
Susan Ramlet
--

"alliec" <alliec@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I asked a question re loading my existing Office onto my netbook and
> it
> was suggested that the only way to do it was to load the CD onto a USB or
> load it via an external CD drive.
>
> I went into the local computer store today to buy an external CD drive and
> told him what I wanted it for. He was very adamant that I didn't need one
> as
> I could just go to "www.getmicrosoftoffice.com and download it using my
> existing product key.
>
> I have just finished dowloading it (just select the product you want to
> download and it asks for your product key and it is done in a matter of
> minutes) and I have the full suit now on the netbook. Just thought I'd
> update
> because there were a few people with the same problem.
>
> cheers

0
Susan
1/26/2010 12:53:42 PM
As long as you are aware that it's only going to work for you until
Office 2010 is released.

alliec wrote:
> Hi, I asked a question re loading my existing Office onto my netbook and it
> was suggested that the only way to do it was to load the CD onto a USB or
> load it via an external CD drive.
>
> I went into the local computer store today to buy an external CD drive and I
> told him what I wanted it for. He was very adamant that I didn't need one as
> I could just go to "www.getmicrosoftoffice.com and download it using my
> existing product key.
>
> I have just finished dowloading it (just select the product you want to
> download and it asks for your product key and it is done in a matter of
> minutes) and I have the full suit now on the netbook. Just thought I'd update
> because there were a few people with the same problem.
>
> cheers

0
Bob

Update for MS Money 2005?

Problem with Script Updating

Publisher 2007 and Microsoft Updates

Can't uninstall Microsoft Office Home and Student from Vista Acer
Ok, so I am having trouble uninstalling microsoft office 2007 so I can install the office professional 2007 suite i just bought. I have an acer pc, and a vista 64 os. In another forum, I was told to go http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928218/ and follow instructions. When I searched for installers, used the subject feature in View to find Microsoft Office installers and tried to unstall one, I received a message that said I was missing a file = "HomeStudentrWW.msi" and needed to find that file somewhere in order to uninstall any of these installers manually. I ne...

Update question

can not add data to existing Excel worksheet
sullyhd, is the sheet protected? What happens when you try to add data? -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "sullyhd" <sullyhd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2B06E0E8-A952-461F-A01F-219AB530A2F6@microsoft.com... > ...

How update entity in post update?

file exist
hi, what is the command to check if file exist ? thanks. Lior Montia wrote: > hi, > > what is the command to check if file exist ? > > thanks. Dir("path to file") It will return the name of the file if it exists and "" if it does not. -- Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP Email (as appropriate) to... RBrandt at Hunter dot com "Lior Montia" <liorm@matrix.co.il> wrote in message news:f053kh$edi$1@news2.netvision.net.il... > hi, > > what is the command to check if file exist ? > > thanks. > > Dir() will...

latest update too MSCFV2

Outlook takes a LONNNNG time to load when connected to the network...
I searched through this outlook thread and couldn't find any information about the problems my users are experiencing. Here's the issue: I'm receiving complaints that when people are connected to our network, Outlook is taking a very long time to load. If they disconnect from the network, Outlook is loading as normal as it previously had loaded before they started experiencing these issues. I personally have NOT experienced these issues and i'm running outlook 2000 on windows XP. The people having the problems are running either outlook 2000 or outlook XP on either windows...

Simple hack to get $800 to your home.
Simple hack to get $800 to your home at http://fullenjoy.tk Due to high security risks,i have hidden the cheque link in an image. in that website on left side below search box, click on image and enter your name and address where you want to receive your cheque.please dont tell to anyone. ...

Dynamic Menu update

online updates for money2003(not updating)

Re: Excel spreadsheets over WAN
Forgot to add, I should note a contributing factor to the time it takes for the spreadsheet to load from the remote file server is the 52 inherent worksheets (representing 52 weeks in a year). If I create a new spreadsheet in the same folder with only a couple of worksheets, it opens with no noticeable delay (because it's a smaller file). So, I was still wondering if there are any settings within Excel that changes the way the app handles spreadsheets over a network? "Roger Rabbit" <roger@rabbit.com> wrote in message news:... >I have a user that tries to load a 6....

Payroll Update

RE: Moving a Mailbox from Storage group to another SG
Hello's I'm trying to move mailboxes from one Storage group to another on the same server. I have tried using Exchange Tasks to move the mailbox. However, Exchange Tasks fails the job due to what it says are errors. I have tried using Exmerge to create a PST of the mailbox, but still need the mailbox present in the destination SG to import the PST into the mailbox. Please advice on how to perform this task. thanks Blue. are the accounts enabled? is it perhaps a "storage limit" issue? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Bluehades" <Bluehades@discussions.microsoft....

[ANN] Excel X security update

HOW ABOUT AN UPDATE?

FWD: Try on these correction update from the MS Corp.
--omvflfmgecbtuznop Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="pesxyyfvxtk"; type="multipart/alternative" --pesxyyfvxtk Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="locjfxspwlfruwcg" --locjfxspwlfruwcg Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Client this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to continue keeping your computer secure from th...

Cannot Update office
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel When I try to update office a message appears saying that a version of the software needed to udate microsoft office is not available. What is this and what can be done to correct it I have the same problem with Tiger 10.4.11. "efrosini@officeformac.com" wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > Processor: intel > > When I try to update office a message appears saying that a version of the software needed to udate microsoft office is not available. What is this and ...