Uninstall Mendeley completely

Dear Folks,

I have accidentally installed Mendeley, which turned out to be a big
mistake. I uninstalled it several times after closing all other
programs, but now it still appears as "Add-Ins" in office 2007
(including word, excel, etc). It also interferes with Endnote x2. This
is a huge problem for me now and please help.

-CW

--
restlessHK
restlessHK's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/162019.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

0
restlessHK

If you're looking to remove the Mendeley Word plugin, we do advise that
you do this via Mendeley Desktop by going to Tools > Uninstall MS Word
Plugin. If you have however since removed Mendeley Desktop, you can
remove this plugin by hand.

First of all you'll want to locate where Word is storing this plugin on
your machine.

On MS Word 2007:

* Open up Word and click on the main menu in the top left, and then
select "Word Options" towards the bottom of this menu.
* From here select "Add-Ins" on the left, and locate the
"Mendeley-0.0.0.dot" entry. The 0.0.0 number will reflect the respective
version you have installed. Next to it you will see the directory in
which it is located.

Now, open up a Windows Exporer window and navigate to the
aforementioned folder. Ensuring that Word is closed completely, you can
now delete the Mendeley .dot file.

Upon reopening Word, you'll find the plugin is no longer loaded.

--
mustaqil.ali
mustaqil.ali's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/162063.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/ms-office-support/1279777.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

0
mustaqil
12/8/2009 11:40:23 AM
Thanks a lot. That solves it. Cheers!

--
restlessHK
restlessHK's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/162019.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/ms-office-support/1279777.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

0
restlessHK
12/8/2009 1:05:44 PM
[...]

12/8/2009 2:37:44 PM
FANTASTIC. I had the same problem. Don't have it anymore.

--
stefangude
0

But recently it does not work... i get the message

Sorry - import failed!
From: http://scholar.google.co.in/scholar?.....

This really sucks.
As far as i cant tell i have installed it correctly.
It still works fine with Pub Med and cite u like, but not with Google
Scholar.

What to do

--
indianmedic
indianmedic's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/167640.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/ms-office-support/1279777.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

0
indianmedic
12/26/2009 2:37:41 PM
On Dec 26 2009, 2:37=A0pm, indianmedic <indianmedic.
43t...@DoNotSpam.com> wrote:
> I have been working for Mendeley for my thesis, for just about a week
> now. The initial couple of days it worked fine with Google Scholar,
> properly importing all the marked refences into the Mendeley desktop
> library.
>
> But recently it does not work... i get the message
>
> Sorry - import failed!
> From:http://scholar.google.co.in/scholar?.....
>
> This really sucks.
> As far as i cant tell i have installed it correctly.
> It still works fine with Pub Med and cite u like, but not with Google
> Scholar.
>
> What to do
>
> --
> indianmedic
> indianmedic's Profile:http://forums.techarena.in/members/167640.htm
> View this thread:http://forums.techarena.in/ms-office-support/1279777.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

Hi,

Apologies for this error, this feature was noted as having had
suffered a technical issue around the Christmas holiday period and
should have been fixed on December 29th. It should now work, so can
you please retry using it? If problems persist, please feel free to
drop us an email at support@mendeley.com.

Regards,
Mustaqil
0
Mustaqil
1/4/2010 12:14:47 PM
i have the same problem, however my ver. of MS  Office is 2003
How can i delete mendeley completely

--
tinson139
tinson139's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/176790.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/ms-office-support/1279777.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

0
tinson139

Could not complete Ph calls after upgrade to version 3.0
After upgrading to version 3.0 Could not complete Phone Calls Activities, When you try to complete it, it comes up with the followin errors. Any ideas, how we could fix this issues, thanks. Regards, Kyaw Microsoft CRM Unhandled Error Details: Server Error in '/' Application. ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Server was unable to process request. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the cod...

Delete order when state is complete
Hi!, It is possible to eliminate an order when the state is complete? Thanks! Once the order is completed it goes into a read-only state and it's not possible to delete it. -- Manisha Powar (Madhusudanan) Program Manager Microsoft Dynamics - CRM This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use. � 2005 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. "Chuti" <el_chuti@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1162824118.030948.298960@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > Hi!, > > It is possible to elim...

Cannot uninstall MSIE to reinstall with Outlook Express upgrade
I need to upgrade to the newest version of OE but to do so I would have to uninstall MSIE as The installer senses that a newer version is already installed and will not let me proceed with installation. Help?! Hi - that's odd, as OE is part of IE. Have you run Windows Update recently? Also note - This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express news group. Try po...

Unable to find complete headers in Outlook 2002
I get quite a bit of spam and I want to be able to forward the spam to their ISP. But I connot find the complete headers for the message in outlook 2002 Can you please help me? Either open the message and click View | Options, or right-click the message in the Inbox and select Options. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "Sandra Gordon" <sandyg2@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message news:060601c35318$f86fe8b0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I ...

Uninstall client for outlook
Hi Guys, I am having trouble installing Desktop client for outlook for CRM 3.0. When I try to install, I get an error saying somthing like the version is not compatible or the client already exists. When I checked, I found that C:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM\Client folder already exists and has some files in it. There is also MSDE database for CRM on the machine. I want to completely uninstall this client. But I do not see the entries for CRM client and MSDE database under Add/Remove programs. Can anyone tell me how to manually uninstall CRM client as well the MSDE database? You help is gr...

Complete uninstall
How do you do a 100% uninstall of Outlook, so that it can be reinstalled cleanly? My copy of Outlook has gotten corrupted (vague "unknown error" messages whenever I try to do nearly anything), and I haven't been able to fix it. I want to reinstall the program, so I I removed it using the Office Installer update feature, then rebooted and reinstalled, using the same feature. No luck--the reinstallation had the same problems. Next, I completely uninstalled Office, rebooted and reinstalled. Same result--I've still got the same problems in Outlook. Now, I realize the pro...

Microsoft Money 2002 install/uninstall
Money installation wizard starts every time I try to enter the control panel. I already have Money 2002 installed. However, after uninstalling, the program continues to be shown in my program list on the install/uninstall window. Please help. ...

Uninstalling Outlook 2007
Hello, Can anyone tell me how to uninstall Outlook 2007? There seems to be an option to remove a program on the installation disc, but I don't understand what to do to select Outlook. Thanks for any help and God Bless, Mark A. Sam Where exactly do you get stuck? You can start the (un)installer from Control Panel as well, just like you would uninstall any other application. To uninstall just Outlook, click on Change instead. In the setup dialog, select Outlook in the list and set its installation status to Not Available. Just curious; what are you trying to ac...

When is Uninstall not Uninstall?
First a sad story. Office 2003/SP 1 Outlook up and running - AOK. Install Lotus Notes Adapter To Outlook. Migration of Lotus Notes Folders begins and then hangs (24 hours). Kill Outlook Process. Re-start Outlook Outlook opens - reports "can not open folders" AND SHUTS DOWN. OK, So now all I want is to get outlook back up and running without Lotus Notes. (PST files are backuped up). Uninstall Outlook and leave the rest of office in place. re-boot Install Outlook. Re-start Outlook Outlook opens - reports "can not open folders" AND SHUTS DOWN. Uninstall Outlook and leave ...

uninstall query
Hi All , This is my first msg in this group hope i'll get help n some idea, ok now time for the problem.... i have developed a simple MFC dialog based program which when runs creates few txt file which holds simple numeric data which i use during the operation of the program, now my requirement is ... whenever i uninstall the program all files including the folder / sub folder should get deleted, i am not using any DLL in my program. Isn't that something you should be doing in the uninstaller? -- Vipin Aravind http://www.explorewindows.com/Blogs "PARIJAT" <parijat...

HELP....PLEASE Update not complete
I have been using money essentials for a few years now with no problem. I get a pop up that it is time to renew. I d/l the new ? version of Essentials now I cant update any of my accounts. I tried to do what the support page says and stop the services to set them up again but after I do that it tries to go to any of my accounts and immediately pops up "update not complete" like it never even goes to any site. After three hours on the phone being bounced back and forth for three hours from digital river to Money tech they wanted to charge me forty dollars for support. When I to...

% Complete in Lag time vs. Durations
I have already done my lag time in days. Today I opened an existing plan of someone else's and saw that some of their lag time had % complete and some had days. Why would you want to do this? Is there anyway I can change the % complete into days? When I have tried it has been changing the task I am on...not the succesor. Lag time with % complete????? Just what are you seeing? How were the lag times created? -- Steve House MS Project Trainer & Consultant "Goobie" <amber.whitmire@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:77656d0c-b1af-41d7-947c-d113507d64...

When an uninstall is not an uninstall
I was trying to rectify a problem with WLMail auto sign in. I am asked for my password after every reboot but then can exit and reopen WLMail automatically during the rest of the session. On restart, password request shows again. Anyway, I decided to do a complete uninstall/reinstall. In Add/Remove Programs, I uninstalled Windows Live Essentials, Upload Tool, Sign-In Assistant and Office Add In. I then rebooted. Went into Explorer and deleted any "Live" folders that were there (Admin, Username, All Users). Rebooted. I then reinstalled Mail using Microsoft ...

Script for uninstalling an Outlook add-in administratively (.exe)
I have this script that I am trying to automate, but the Send Keys are not working: Option Explicit Dim strComputer, strMSI, MSIapp, App, AppToRemove, objShell strComputer = "." set objShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell") '======================================== AppToRemove = "Cisco MeetingPlace for Outlook" ' strMSI = UninstallString(AppToRemove) If strMSI<>"" Then wscript.echo strMSI objShell.Run strMSI End If function UninstallString(strProductName) dim strComputer, oReg, strKeyPath, arrSubKeys, subkey, x ...

Need to migrate Notes/History as completed Task in MSCRM....
I have Notes and History records in Access Database which need to be imported as completed Task in MSCRM. I will use DMF for migration. Has someone done this before? Can you please tell me what are the tables in cdf database need to be populated? I have populated cdf_contact, cdf_Task and cdf_ActivityPary tables. Used RegardingObjectID as Contactid, changed the Status Code for Task to 5 (as completed) in cdf_Task table but after migration, only contacts are migrated to MSCRM but no Task. Will appreciate if someone could guide me how do I import Notes/ History as completed Task through DMF?...

Windows Live Mail
I am trying to help a friend of mine. I use Outlook 2003, but I have acquired a general understanding of hoe WLM works. I'm going to try to be as brief and clear as I can. WLM was already installed, but not setup, on his PC (Windows XP-home-sp3) when he installed a Microsoft webcam. First step was to come up with an ID (Screen name), then, we had no choice, we had to select "@hotmail.com or @Livemail.com". We chose the latter. The next step was to add an account. At this point we realized that to get to your e-mail you had firsdt to sign in to Windows Live, t...

auto complete
Hi, When working on the worship folder (Publisher 2003) I was given a piece that I copy and pasted. For example: C: Blah, Blah Blah P: Blah, Blah Blah I needed to drop part of a sentence down a line due to running off the page. When I did that it recognized this as if I was alphabetizing. C to D...P to Q. On the other work I did not have this problem. Then I realized the Pastor gave me the info with colons by the letter. As soon as I got rid of the colons this did not happen. Now for the question...Is there a way to not have publisher automatically assume that I am doing something by ...

Clip organizer cannot complete the operation
I recently upgraded from Publisher 98 to 2002. When I try to access clip art a window says "Clip organizer cannot complete the operation No such interface supported Error code 0x80004002......help Check this article out: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q302375 -- JoAnn Paules - MVP Microsoft Publisher "Avery" <TracksRacing@aol.com> wrote in message news:1d11501c42311$5eb409d0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I recently upgraded from Publisher 98 to 2002. When I try > to access clip art a window says "Clip organizer cannot > complete th...

microsoft office install
Office:mac student/teacher edition was installed on our new i-mac before "uninstallinng" the "test drive" version first. Do I have to uninstall both versions (and reinstall the purchased version) or just the "test drive" (does that leave the purchased version operating?). If I have to reinstall the student/teacher edition, (which is good for 3 installs) is one of those now wasted? Or can I do numerous installs on the same computer without penalty? zeb wrote: > Office:mac student/teacher edition was installed on our new i-mac > before "uninstallinng&...

Outlook 2000
Outlook tries to open then indicates "Internal Error 2098 - Cannot open this application." Tried fixes but Microsoft Office balky. Cannot even uninstall without an Error message showing and freezing the machine. Nothing changed onputer before Errors started showing. ...

formatting completely/irreversibly a hard drive
Hello: I'm looking to a utility (free if possible) who can format/delete completely a hard disk, so it's impossible to recover data with any software doing unformat or undelete. In the past, using debug it was possible to do low level format. any help is appreciated. thanks Maurice http://www.google.com/products?q=sledgehammer&hl=en&aq=f Maurice wrote: > Hello: > > I'm looking to a utility (free if possible) who can format/delete > completely > a hard disk, so it's impossible to recover data with any software doing > un...

uninstall
Someone installed MS Publisher on my laptop (XP Pro, SP1+all updates except SP2). I don't use it & need the disk space, but when I came to uninstall it there was no mention of it in the uninstall c/panel. I'd like to know how to get rid of it without leaving a lot of broken registry links and unused shared components. What version of Pub is it? And why are people loading software on your laptop without your permission? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Kim Aku" <kimaku@NOTCOLDmail.com> wrote in message news:240b01c48634$13658c20$a301280a@phx...

Install/Uninstall MS Office
Need to know if I have to uninstall old Office to load new one. Is it more efficient? thanks.. It all depends on what you want to do. It is absolutely not necessary to uninstall the old product before installing the new one. Indeed, it is possible to run multiple versions of Office suite on the same machine http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928091. The only exception is that Microsoft Outlook can only be run only in one version - either the old version (not a good idea anyway) or the new one. If you have enough disk space, then you should clearly keep the old version as you...

Cannot uninstall generic drive from device manager
In trying to download photos from my FUJI camera via USB2, I did not get the small window that usually presents options upon turning the camera on, on what to do, eg. use Explorer, use Windows Media Player, etc. Upon investigation I found that in Device manager under STORAGE VOLUMES, there was a yellow exclamation point on the Generic Volume for FUJIFILM USB DRIVEUNIT USB. I then used the trouble shooting instructions and got to the point it says to uninstall the driver. When I do that the Confirm Device Removal small window comes up, I click OK a small hour glass appears ...

2007 Structured Reference auto-completion not working completely?
In Excel 2007, when I: 1) Select a cell 2) Type "=" in the formula bar 3) Click a cell in a Table I thought Excel would add a Structured Reference to the formula. Instead, it just inserts an old-style, "A1" reference. The "Formula AutoComplete" and "Use table names in formulas" options are both turned on. When I click the cell in step 3, the TableTools tab appears so Excel agrees that the cell is in a Table. Isn't Excel supposed to insert a Structured Reference when you click a cell in a Table? Is there another setup/configuration switc...