Trial version on netbook to Office 2007 to free upgrade 2010

I own a netbook - Samsung N140 with resolution 1024X600 and has the option to
be 1024X768. I am using MS Office Home and Student 2007 Trial Version.

Yesterday I bought and successfully installed brand new 3PC Licensed Office
Home & Student 2007 for my other 2 notebooks - the recent one that is freely
upgradeable to Office 2010 whenever it's out (Office 2010 free upgrade being
the main reason to buy it in the first place. See:
http://office2010.microsoft.com/en-us/tech-guarantee/microsoft-office-2010-technology-guarantee-FX101825695.aspx).
So I intend to load this balance 1 license version in my netbook.

Queries:

1] MS office website shows that it (Office 2007) is suited for 1024X768 &
above. Well, how is the same working on my netbook cuz I multitask by surfing
& using word at same time, so am presuming my netbook allows MS Office 2007
to run in 1024X600 mode. I still need to make use of the balance one PC
license activation left for the new Office. Plz clarify and confirm.

2] If 'yes' for above, then can I install the newly bought Office using that
DVD (I have a separate CD/DVD Drive so no problem there) OR is there a short
way to feeding in Product Key since the trail version is already there to
make it licensed w/o having to unistall and then install the office. Is there
a short way or do I simply uninstall and install using the new DVD itself –
fair n square?

3] This is important: One of my notebooks on which I have loaded the new
Office 2007 (eligible for 2010) is running on Vista which I will shortly
replace with Win7 Home premium 32-Bit – mostly after Office 2010 gets
released for free upgrade. Can I install the Office 2007 again on new OS w/o
losing the license i.e., I hope Office recognizes that its the same system
with new OS and not count it as a fourth and gets installed since I will be
necessarily using all 3 licenses asap and not wait for Win7 to arrive.

The license is for three working installations, not 3 installs, you can
install as often as you like
Uninstall any Trial and its Activation assistant, reboot, prior to
installing from media

"Prithvi" <Prithvi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I own a netbook - Samsung N140 with resolution 1024X600 and has the option
> be 1024X768. I am using MS Office Home and Student 2007 Trial Version.
>
> Yesterday I bought and successfully installed brand new 3PC Licensed
> Office
> Home & Student 2007 for my other 2 notebooks - the recent one that is
> freely
> upgradeable to Office 2010 whenever it's out (Office 2010 free upgrade
> being
> the main reason to buy it in the first place. See:
> http://office2010.microsoft.com/en-us/tech-guarantee/microsoft-office-2010-technology-guarantee-FX101825695.aspx).
> So I intend to load this balance 1 license version in my netbook.
>
> Queries:
>
> 1] MS office website shows that it (Office 2007) is suited for 1024X768 &
> above. Well, how is the same working on my netbook cuz I multitask by
> surfing
> & using word at same time, so am presuming my netbook allows MS Office
> 2007
> to run in 1024X600 mode. I still need to make use of the balance one PC
> license activation left for the new Office. Plz clarify and confirm.
>
> 2] If 'yes' for above, then can I install the newly bought Office using
> that
> DVD (I have a separate CD/DVD Drive so no problem there) OR is there a
> short
> way to feeding in Product Key since the trail version is already there to
> make it licensed w/o having to unistall and then install the office. Is
> there
> a short way or do I simply uninstall and install using the new DVD
> itself –
> fair n square?
>
> 3] This is important: One of my notebooks on which I have loaded the new
> Office 2007 (eligible for 2010) is running on Vista which I will shortly
> replace with Win7 Home premium 32-Bit – mostly after Office 2010 gets
> released for free upgrade. Can I install the Office 2007 again on new OS
> w/o
> losing the license i.e., I hope Office recognizes that its the same system
> with new OS and not count it as a fourth and gets installed since I will
> be
> necessarily using all 3 licenses asap and not wait for Win7 to arrive.

0
DL
5/15/2010 3:38:28 PM
I had the impression the 3 specific PC's on which the first installs are done
too get locked in and one can't re-install it on a fourth PC. As I understand
I can use it on as many PC's as possible as long as it is on '3 working
installs'. So I can change the OS from Vista > 7 and reinstall Office. Great
... thanks a lot !

On Sun, 16 May 2010 06:48:01 -0700, Prithvi wrote:

> I had the impression the 3 specific PC's on which the first installs are done
> too get locked in and one can't re-install it on a fourth PC. As I understand
> I can use it on as many PC's as possible as long as it is on '3 working
> installs'. So I can change the OS from Vista > 7 and reinstall Office. Great
> .. thanks a lot !

Always refer to the License terms for the Microsoft Office you have
installed on your computer - many ask here, but we can only give general
suggestions, and some of it is fairly accurate IF you have described your
purchase accurately -

What you can specifically do - how many copies, reassign rights, upgrade,
conversion etc - are spelled out in YOUR License terms.

License Terms - Office 2007

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/products/HA102103171033.aspx

Additional tips about License Terms - your specific License Terms provide
the details you need.

Office 2007 is used as an example

In your 2007 version - click on Office Button - Options - Resources - About
- View the Microsoft Software License Terms

Normally the License terms includes sections for Retail License Terms, OEM
License Terms and Media-Less License Terms (In Office 2010 - Product Key
Card - PKC will replace Media-Less or MLK)

Then, under the Installation and Use Rights, it specifically states how you
can assign your license.

For 2007 products, this is also a good resource page for License Terms in
identifying the kind of product you have:

If your designation is FPP, then the Retail License Terms below apply to
you.  If your designation is OEM, then the OEM License Terms below apply to
you.  If your designation is MLK, then the Media-less License Kit Terms
below apply to you.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/products/HA102240441033.aspx

Also, another helpful tip (IF it applies in your specific license terms) -
READ your license terms to be sure you HAVE specific reassign useage

Here is a REASSIGN * Example *

REASSIGN TO ANOTHER DEVICE.  You may reassign the license to a different
device any number of times, but not more than one time every 90 days.  If
you reassign, that other device becomes the "licensed device."  If you
retire the licensed device due to hardware failure, you may reassign the
license sooner.

Other important issues are detailed in your License Terms as well - for
example - UPGRADE OR CONVERSION

David

--
From David Troxell - Encourager Software
Email - mailto:office2010_Remove_@_Me_encouragersoftware.com

"DL" wrote:

> The license is for three working installations, not 3 installs, you can
> install as often as you like
> Uninstall any Trial and its Activation assistant, reboot, prior to
> installing from media
>
> "Prithvi" <Prithvi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I own a netbook - Samsung N140 with resolution 1024X600 and has the option
> > be 1024X768. I am using MS Office Home and Student 2007 Trial Version.
> >
> > Yesterday I bought and successfully installed brand new 3PC Licensed
> > Office
> > Home & Student 2007 for my other 2 notebooks - the recent one that is
> > freely
> > upgradeable to Office 2010 whenever it's out (Office 2010 free upgrade
> > being
> > the main reason to buy it in the first place. See:
> > http://office2010.microsoft.com/en-us/tech-guarantee/microsoft-office-2010-technology-guarantee-FX101825695.aspx).
> > So I intend to load this balance 1 license version in my netbook.
> >
> > Queries:
> >
> > 1] MS office website shows that it (Office 2007) is suited for 1024X768 &
> > above. Well, how is the same working on my netbook cuz I multitask by
> > surfing
> > & using word at same time, so am presuming my netbook allows MS Office
> > 2007
> > to run in 1024X600 mode. I still need to make use of the balance one PC
> > license activation left for the new Office. Plz clarify and confirm.
> >
> > 2] If 'yes' for above, then can I install the newly bought Office using
> > that
> > DVD (I have a separate CD/DVD Drive so no problem there) OR is there a
> > short
> > way to feeding in Product Key since the trail version is already there to
> > make it licensed w/o having to unistall and then install the office. Is
> > there
> > a short way or do I simply uninstall and install using the new DVD
> > itself –
> > fair n square?
> >
> > 3] This is important: One of my notebooks on which I have loaded the new
> > Office 2007 (eligible for 2010) is running on Vista which I will shortly
> > replace with Win7 Home premium 32-Bit – mostly after Office 2010 gets
> > released for free upgrade. Can I install the Office 2007 again on new OS
> > w/o
> > losing the license i.e., I hope Office recognizes that its the same system
> > with new OS and not count it as a fourth and gets installed since I will
> > be
> > necessarily using all 3 licenses asap and not wait for Win7 to arrive.
> >
> .

Thanks David. I read the License terms - mine fall under FPP , so RETAIL it
is. I also read the two speific points on REASSIGN TO OTHER DEVICE & UPGRADE
& CONVERSION which brings me to ask another question: Since mine is a ONE
COPY 3PC Off2007 License, now already activated, based on DL's suggestions
(thanks again by the way), on 3 of my laptops, will I get Office2010 upgraded
on all of these ? I would like to think so, but then one cant be too sure.
Also is a DVD (for a fee) OPTION better for upgrades like these - hopefully I
can use the DVD to upgrade all the three laptops to Off2010. Lemme know.
Thanks !

On Tue, 18 May 2010 11:22:09 -0700, Prithvi wrote:

> Thanks David. I read the License terms - mine fall under FPP , so RETAIL it
> is. I also read the two speific points on REASSIGN TO OTHER DEVICE & UPGRADE
> & CONVERSION which brings me to ask another question: Since mine is a ONE
> COPY 3PC Off2007 License, now already activated, based on DL's suggestions
> (thanks again by the way), on 3 of my laptops, will I get Office2010 upgraded
> on all of these

OK, first, some of these questions - I can direct you to a Microsoft source
to better help you - and some, only a qualified Microsoft employee could
answer - we are volunteers here of various background and qualifications...

Buy Office 2007 - Office 2010 Free
http://office2010.microsoft.com/en-us/tech-guarantee/microsoft-office-2010-technology-guarantee-FX101825695.aspx

IF you qualify under the terms explained at this reference - "Purchase and
activate a qualifying Office 2007 product between March 5, 2010, and
September 30, 2010, and you can download Office 2010 at no additional
cost."

I can't tell you specifically what you are entitled to  - read that main
page carefully and click on other links on that page as well.

>? I would like to think so, but then one cant be too sure.
> Also is a DVD (for a fee) OPTION better for upgrades like these - hopefully I
> can use the DVD to upgrade all the three laptops to Off2010. Lemme know.

Just from the general previous questions submitted her - "I can't find my
previous office disks and product key", etc - it's always helpful to buy a
disc version of anything for most - and keep your product keys with the
discs.

Because of possible confusion that will arise as many decide on a Office
2010 retail purchase - I have created this blog

Microsoft Office 2010 �V Full Packaged Product or Product Key Card
http://profileexchanges.com/blog/?p=376

David

--
From David Troxell - Encourager Software
Email - mailto:office2010_Remove_@_Me_encouragersoftware.com
Microsoft Forums NNTP Bridge - Instructions to use
http://profileexchanges.com/blog/?p=397
0
David
5/18/2010 11:55:47 PM
Thanks David. I have bookmarked the link for your blog and it clearly points
out that MS Office Home & Student 2010 with 'traditional disc' is for 3PCs.
Nice !! BUT here's the twist from the link: If anybody selects 'Product Key
Card' - he will get this license for 1PC and that PC (non-transferable) only.
I hate asking questions but with the invisible caveats one needs to be sure
so here goes another one: "Does selecting 'Product Key Card' equal 'Online
Upgrade' ?? .. Is this the same thing ?? if so then I might as well ask for a
'traditional disc' and get this upgrade on all my 3 laptops and still be
transferable. Still unsure but looks like the odds are in favor of the 'disc'
option.

I also noticed this under eligibility FAQ from your MS link: "Customers are
limited to one Office 2010 product for each corresponding qualifying Office
2007 product purchase". Now ONE Office Product = One(-for-3PCs) ?... this
isn't clarified in the FAQ section for either of the options: 'Traditional
Disc Upgrade' NOR 'Downloadable Online Upgrade'. I have a hunch that spending
more for the 'fee' for extra DVD makes sense cuz it 'seems' to be directed
towards 3PCs. Something's aren't very clear from Microsoft and FAQ's need to
address these small points too. Very North Korean-ish ;-) Thanks again. Pl
advise.

On Tue, 18 May 2010 22:09:01 -0700, Prithvi wrote:

> Thanks David. I have bookmarked the link for your blog and it clearly points
> out that MS Office Home & Student 2010 with 'traditional disc' is for 3PCs.

My blog ONLY refers to NEW Office 2010 Purchases for these three Office
2010 products:

Office Home and Student 2010, Office Home and Business 2010, Office
Professional 2010

There is ** NO upgrade pricing for Office 2010 ** for retail purchases.

Some will look at pricing only and "mistake" Product Key Card for upgrade
pricing - It IS NOT upgrade pricing - it offers MORE restrictive license
terms.

- AND, it has nothing to with the the SPECIAL Offer - Buy Office 2007 -
Office 2010 Free offer that I referred to.

The answers you seek for the Buy Office 2007 - Office 2010 Free offer - I
cannot answer - If the FAQ provided at that page does not clearly answer
all your questions, you should contact Microsoft directly for your answers.

And before you ask - I have NO contact information to give you - perhaps
others might.

David

--
From David Troxell - Encourager Software
Email - mailto:office2010_Remove_@_Me_encouragersoftware.com
Microsoft Forums NNTP Bridge - Instructions to use
http://profileexchanges.com/blog/?p=397
0
David
5/19/2010 5:38:56 AM
I got that point from your blog - I knew this wasn't 'upgrade pricing'. I
just made my own assumption that same would be true for an upgrade (esp. DVD)
and I got a reply from the authorized reseller today affirming that the
upgrade will indeed be for 3PCs, albeit all online since availability of DVD
from Microsoft isn't clear as yet to this reseller. So online upgrade too is
applicable for 3 PCs. I have, however, pressed him for arranging an official
DVD for the upgrade ... let's see how this goes. Thanks David !

On Wed, 19 May 2010 01:08:01 -0700, Prithvi wrote:

> I got that point from your blog - I knew this wasn't 'upgrade pricing'. I
> just made my own assumption that same would be true for an upgrade (esp. DVD)
> and I got a reply from the authorized reseller today affirming that the
> upgrade will indeed be for 3PCs,

Thanks for sharing.

Yes, the Buy Office 2007 now - get Office 2010 Free is a unique kind of
offer to prevent sales from decreasing when a new major version is
released.

I think many who participate in it will be VERY happy with Office 2010 -
it's not just a few feature upgrades here and there in each product,

but a whole new improved set of methodologies and features including
co-authoring, powerpoint broadcast, outlook conversation view, office web
apps, and ways to share information and co-editing across many platforms -
whether it be phone, internet, servers, desktops, etc

David

--
From David Troxell - Encourager Software
Email - mailto:office2010_Remove_@_Me_encouragersoftware.com
Microsoft Forums NNTP Bridge - Instructions to use
http://profileexchanges.com/blog/?p=397
0
David
5/19/2010 9:03:40 AM
Noted. The date set for release in S.E.Asia is Sept'10 as per reseller ...
funny.. but I am presuming this will be preponed [MS may be conveying a later
date to pre-empt traffic woes ;-) ]. Thanks David - I'll post next when I get
the same on my 3PCs & if you are saying Off2010 is a good thing to have, then
I'll take your "word" for it :-) Cheers !!

On Wed, 19 May 2010 22:45:01 -0700, Prithvi wrote:

> Noted. The date set for release in S.E.Asia is Sept'10 as per reseller ...
> funny.. but I am presuming this will be preponed [MS may be conveying a later
> date to pre-empt traffic woes ;-) ]. Thanks David - I'll post next when I get
> the same on my 3PCs & if you are saying Off2010 is a good thing to have, then
> I'll take your "word" for it :-) Cheers !!

I have been using Office PRO 2007 since when I installed Vista Ultimate -
early 2007 - and Office Pro Plus 2010 beta earlier this year (and RTM
version of Office Pro Plus 2010 when released to MSDN subscribers)

I realize many can not afford to easily update to latest, but for those who
can manage - Office 2010 is a leap ahead in productivity and more efficient
use as compared to previous releases.

There are some REAL bargains out there presently when you purchase from
qualified Microsoft resellers - for example.

Microsoft Office Small Business 2007 FULL VERSION (must buy FULL Version,
not upgrade to qualify)

http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Office-Small-Business-VERSION/dp/B000HCXKKS/encouragersof-20

USD $318.48

Buy Office 2007 - Office 2010 Free

http://office2010.microsoft.com/en-us/tech-guarantee/microsoft-office-2010-technology-guarantee-faq-HA101812304.aspx

Click on  - What Office 2007 products qualify...

Buy Office Small Business 2007 - get Office Professional 2010

Office Professional 2010 - a USD $499.99 value!

David

--
From David Troxell - Encourager Software
Email - mailto:office2010_Remove_@_Me_encouragersoftware.com
Microsoft Forums NNTP Bridge - Instructions to use
http://profileexchanges.com/blog/?p=397
0
David
5/20/2010 8:15:41 AM
I have bought a qualifying product from an authorized reseller (from whom I
got myself an email confirming same just to be very sure) and it all looks
good for my Office 2010 Upgrade. Its Office Home and Student 2010 for me.
Cheers, thanks!

On Thu, 20 May 2010 09:08:16 -0700, Prithvi wrote:

> I have bought a qualifying product from an authorized reseller (from whom I
> got myself an email confirming same just to be very sure) and it all looks
> good for my Office 2010 Upgrade. Its Office Home and Student 2010 for me.

And, I'm sure you'll be happy with it - often when I (and others) reply, we
try to directly address a solution for the one first asking, but also reply
in helpful ways for others who view.

BTW, here is the official new web page for:

Microsoft Office Home and Student 2010

http://office2010.microsoft.com/en-us/home-and-student/office-home-and-student-FX101845698.aspx

David

--
From David Troxell - Encourager Software
Email - mailto:office2010_Remove_@_Me_encouragersoftware.com
Microsoft Forums NNTP Bridge - Instructions to use
http://profileexchanges.com/blog/?p=397
0
David
5/20/2010 11:12:47 PM
Yep I read a couple of reviews of Off2010 and they all seem to like it. So am
glad I got it cheap and for 3PCs. Thanks for the new link as well - MS could
have posted this link earlier, right ?? Hehe ... anyway hope to catch you
soon here. Thanks/Cheers David.

On Sat, 22 May 2010 11:24:01 -0700, Prithvi wrote:

> Yep I read a couple of reviews of Off2010 and they all seem to like it. So am
> glad I got it cheap and for 3PCs. Thanks for the new link as well - MS could
> have posted this link earlier, right ?? Hehe ... anyway hope to catch you
> soon here. Thanks/Cheers David.

Well, it won't be "here" :-D

This newsgroup will not be available - I believe they are closing it down
as of June 1 2010.

You'll have to locate a Microsoft Forum to post.

Also, if you'd like to continue using your newsgroup client (reader), you
will need to use a NTTP Bridge depending on which forum you use - there are
two available.

* The Microsoft Forums NNTP Bridge can be used to participate in MSDN,
TechNet, Expression, and General Microsoft forums.

* The Microsoft Answers NNTP Bridge can be used to participate in Answers
forums only.

I created this blog to help others get started if they choose that route.

--
From David Troxell - Encourager Software
Email - mailto:office2010_Remove_@_Me_encouragersoftware.com
Microsoft Forums NNTP Bridge - Instructions to use
http://profileexchanges.com/blog/?p=397
0
David
5/22/2010 9:29:47 PM
Oh ok .. cool. Thanks for the info. Will connect thru' the given link. I do
refer to Paul Thurrott's website as well - this is mentioned in your link. As
far as I see, I don't see any difference as long as there are forums to clear
doubts with a help from experts such as yourself. Thanks again David.

> Well, it won't be "here" :-D
>
> This newsgroup will not be available - I believe they are closing it down
> as of June 1 2010.
>
> You'll have to locate a Microsoft Forum to post.
>
> Also, if you'd like to continue using your newsgroup client (reader), you
> will need to use a NTTP Bridge depending on which forum you use - there are
> two available.
>
> * The Microsoft Forums NNTP Bridge can be used to participate in MSDN,
> TechNet, Expression, and General Microsoft forums.
>
> * The Microsoft Answers NNTP Bridge can be used to participate in Answers
> forums only.
>
> I created this blog to help others get started if they choose that route.
>
> Microsoft Forums NNTP Bridge - Instructions to use
> http://profileexchanges.com/blog/?p=397
>
> David

Crystal Reports Version 06-18-04
I am trying to add/modify Crystal Reports... When I try to install the Crystal Reports Enhanced Edition from the CRM CD, I get the following error message: Setup has detected that you have Crystal Reports 9.2.0 installed. You must first upgrade to Crytal Reports 9.2.2 to continue with this setup. In MBS CRM 1.2 Reports FAQ white paper, it says: "To modify reports, you must purchase the Professional, Developer, or Advanced edition of Crytoal Reports 9." Does anybody know whether I have to purchase this update from Crystal; or should Microsoft provide this update??? If Mic...

Installing Money Plus Deluxe Trial
Haven't installed Money Plus yet but have tried essentials and have used Money in the past and am trying to avoid a problem that occurs the first time Money downloads transactions from my bank. The first time it downloads I have a very large difference in what I have and what Money shows. Thus difference is in the thousands. Is there something I'm not doing properly when Money downloads transaction for the first time? Is there any rules of thumb I need to be aware of? Any help will be appreciated. James In microsoft.public.money, JamesJ wrote: >Haven't installed Money Plus ...

publisher trial problem
I can't install the Publisher 2007 because I keep getting an error message that I do not have access to some fonts. Then I get a message to abort, retry, or ignore. The only thing that works is abort, and I lose the program. Can anyone help? What is the exact error message? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "flowerscarlet" <flowerscarlet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EF8AA398-6C41-435F-B04D-E741BC722EA4@microsoft.com... >I can't install the Publisher 2007 because...

Money 2007 H & B + Windows Vista
Hello, I have read a lot about problems with installing and using Money (2007) on machines running Windows Vista. Is there some kind of "manual" how to go about the install procedure? A manual that describes where to have the program installed installed and where to keep the data? And a manual that describes how to keep the rights as an administrator as you would normally have under windows XP? And maybe there are some other issues that I haven't thought about. Thanks, Eric "Eric" <nomail@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:468fe69d$0$37724$5fc3050@dre...

Trial Balance
Thanks in advance for any info. The Quick Trial Balance report is showing detail information instead of summary. Ex: Listing each payment under each account instead of showing summary $ amount. Is there a setting that can change this? The user says it just started happening this month and doesn't know what changed. Thanks Again, Morgan There is no one Quick Trial Balance report. There is a Quick Detail and a Quick Summary. In Receivables and Payables, you do not have the option to get a summarized Quick Aged Trial Balance. "Morgan" <abcd@senditon.com> wrote...

Whatever Happened to the Webinar on the New Version of DPM 2010?
I had signed up for the webinar to try and determine if we would upgrade or not, but the webinar was cancelled. And unless I missed it, never rescheduled. How will I determine if this is a worthy upgrade or not? It was rescheduled once, then canceled. As for determining if it's a worthy upgrade, you could always try the beta. It comes with a lot of documentation that explains the new features in the Microsoft way (which is to say, minimally). Auto-resizing of volumes alone will make it worthwhile for me. Daniel "Peter Jam" wrote: > I had signed up ...

Trial CD
Hi, I've successfully installed CRM server and setup the sample users in my AD within the users group. Also, I've unchecked the Restricted access setting for the user in CRM setting up the sample data. I started the install and it autoselected the users from the ad and filled them into their appropriate slots but when I installed the sample data it didn't install all the data. It failed to setup the users and business groups. Here's a sample of the sample install log: ****************************************************************************************** Sample D...

Can't edit preferences option on SharePoint Workspace 2010
Hello All, Recently I download and install Share Point Workspace 2010 on Technet. After install I try to change some setting on "preferences", the error show as below [img]http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/inori0821/Issue/work_space_2010_issue01.jpg[/img] And then all the other button became unavailable as below show [img]http://s832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/inori0821/Issue/?action=view&current=work_space_2010_issue01_02.jpg[/img] The OS is windows 7 ultimate x86. May I have the help from here? Thanks ...

Microsoft Office Update
I went to download a MS Office update and was asked to insert my MS Office CD-Rom. I found that I had misplaced the required CD. I hit cancel. Now, whenever I attempt to open Excel or any such document...I am again asked for the CD and essentially locked out. Is there anything I can do to get myself back to where I was? On 09-12-2003 4:01 PM, in article 053001c37971$033c88b0$a101280a@phx.gbl, "Erik" <ncert@cox.net> wrote: > I went to download a MS Office update and was asked to > insert my MS Office CD-Rom. I found that I had misplaced > the required CD. I...

outlook outside the office
can you set up an outlook account that works in network and uses a pop3 to work at home off network as long as they have a connection (they use a cable connection at home)? Thanks for any help Use Outlook Web Access to access your emails from home. ...

Need help with WMP Version 6.4.9.1126
I just burned a DVD+R with iTunes that played once with Media Player, but not again. Could someone please tell me if I should have used a -R instead to insure playability? Thanks, Don Sorry, but this newsgroup is for questions about Access, the database product that's part of Office Professional. You'd be best off reposting your question to a more appropriate newsgroup. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Don Nickell" <donnickell2@roadrunner.com> wrote in message news:%23UJtm0C$KHA.431...

Outlook 2007
I want to report a problem about Outlook 2007 SP2 (12.0.6529.5000) with Windows 7 (domain SBS 2008) This problem is show when seen a attachment document preview (or save as) and when document have same name (fax sbs 2008 FAX.TIF) On Preview i receive error "can=92t create the file and to that you need check the permissions on the folder you want to save it in" Explanation is here http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/securetemp.htm but! after i clean the Temp Directory, i check outlook action... every time i open a preview of file (FAX.TIF), outlook create 2 File i...

Import free Big10 Schedules into Outlook and other calendars
One for each of the Big Ten teams..very easy to use and I provide updates as game times/TV coverage change during the course of the season www.bigtenrantandrave.com/Schedules.htm ...

60 day trial on office 2007
i bought a new dell laptop that came will a 60 day trial of office 2007, when i try to sign up to use it , it wont give me a product code. Tells me there out of codes, try back later. This has been going on all week. Just wondering if anyone has had this problem, or have found a solution. thanks You must be joking! Microsoft cannot run out of codes. You need to contact DELL because your machine is still under a warranty and it is their duty to let you use the trial version! Otherwise what is the point of installing it in the first place? Perhaps for pleasure!! Incident...

Re: Uninstall of Office v.X and install of new licensed program
On 9/15/03 10:10 AM, in article 35c101c37bac$4ae04930$a501280a@phx.gbl, "Ryan Smith" <rsmith@thesportscenter.net> wrote: > I recently purchased new licenses of Office v.X so I could connect my > computers to a network and use Office on multiple computers at the > same time. I attempted to uninstall the version I had before on each of > the multiple computers and install the new seperate versions with a > unique license number on each computer. Now, no matter what > computer I'm on and whether the network is active or not, none of my > programs will i...

MS Publisher 2007 Exports
I'm noticing some really bad quality when I "Save as Picture" to GIF. If I print the document directly from the app. it looks great. Has anyone else witnessed this? mark@alliedtechnical.net wrote: > I'm noticing some really bad quality when I "Save as Picture" to GIF. > If I print the document directly from the app. it looks great. Has > anyone else witnessed this? a) Are you using many colours in your publication (or any photos)? b) What resolution do you have selected when you save? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org ...

Creating a Greeting Card in Office 2008
Hi there, I was hoping to find a template for creating a greeting card in Word 2008. Does such a thing exist and where could I download one from? Thanks! Lynn On 2/7/08 5:21 PM, in article C3D118D4.F984%manxcatq@mac.com, "Lynn Quinlan" <manxcatq@mac.com> wrote: > > I was hoping to find a template for creating a greeting card in Word 2008. > Does such a thing exist and where could I download one from? I use Apple Mail when I want to send a specialized message. Check it out. -- Diane, Microsoft Mac MVP (MVPs are not Microsoft Employees) Entourage Help Page &l...

Excel 2007 won't recalculate unless I turn off or re-apply auto filter
I have a Excel 2007 spreadsheet set up to use Scenario Manager. When I choose a different scenario and hit F9 to recalculate, not all cells seem to be recalculated unless I turn off or re-apply the auto filter (e.g. a cell should have a number now but still shows "--" in it). It only happens to cells that should switch between "--" and numbers. The same workbook runs fine in Excel 2003. Is there a calculation option or display option I need to check to fix this? Any advices to get around this is appreciated! Thanks in advance! ...

Frequent Lock Ups with Access 2007
We have a networked database, split into front and back ends. It is used throughout the day usually by one or two users, but another occasional user will join in. This application was used fine in the current setup under Access 2002/2003 and brought over as-is to Access 2007. No areas of functionality are suffering and the use of the application has not changed at all except that it will slow down at times and lock up several times per day. Waiting ten minutes has brought no resolution, and the app responds snappily when it is not locking up. This database has older-style security on i...

Historical Aged Trial Balance error
We received an error message when running A/P aging.. The stored procedure pmHistoricalAgedTrialBalance returned the following results: DBMS: 105, Microsoft Dynamics GP: 0 Does any of your vendor IDs include a single quote character, for example O'MALLEY or O'NEILL? Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com "Richard" wrote: > We received an error message when running A/P aging.. > The stored procedure pmHistoricalAgedTrial...

publisher 2007 #27
I'm using the publisher 2007 trail version with windows xp, vr 5.1.2600 service pack 3 build 2600 - when i try to save a .pub file to a drive/disk i'm informed no space is available - i checked the available disk storage space and it shows i do have sufficient space. what am i missing? Are you saving to a removable drive? Save to your local hard drive, copy to the removable drive. Reverse when opening, copy to the hard drive, then open. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Julie" <Julie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:38D6C992-5A12-4D22-AB5...

MS deluxe trial ?
I downloaded the ms money deluxe plus trial ver. I'm not going to upgrade to this. How do I get back to ms deluxe 2007 with up to date transactions? Thanks Jeff In microsoft.public.money, JG wrote: >I downloaded the ms money deluxe plus trial ver. > >I'm not going to upgrade to this. How do I get back to ms deluxe 2007 with >up to date transactions? Locate the *.m16 file that Money Plus created. Copy that to a *.mny filename. Install Money 2007, and have it open that *.mny file. Download transactions that are available and process them. What is not available by ...

Unread mail not showing up in Inbox
Hi, My Unread folder in located the "Favorite Folders" section in Outlook shows that I have more unread mail than I can see in my Inbox. My Inbox is normally sorted by "Received" so I can see the most recent emails as then arrive. If I change it so that it is sorted by the "From" column, I can see all the emails in the Inbox that are appearing in the Unread folder. It is strange that they don't appear using "Received" though. Emails that fall under any rules are not affected by this so rules are irrelevant in this case I suppose. Also, some additio...

how to uninstall office 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel am a mac rookie. please tell me how. <daniel_Chan@officeformac.com> wrote: > am a mac rookie. please tell me how. /Application/Microsoft Office 2008/Additional Tools/Remove Office That's the uninstaller you are looking for, Corentin -- --- Mac:MS MVP http://www.cortig.net/wordpress/ --- http://www.mvps.org - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com MVPs are not MS employees - Les MVP ne travaillent pas pour MS Remove "NoSpam" to e-mail me - Retirez &...

publisher trial probs
First of all I am NOT computer savvy. So talk to me like I'm stupid. ; ) I recently downloaded Office 07 trial and designed a business card. I am having problems getting it to print correctly to Avery 28877 (they are severely off center). Tried to print them in Word (which I assume came with the trial) but there is no "Tools" on the toolbar (in Word or Pub) where the mailings/envelopes/labels drop down menu should be. When I try to open up my business card in Word all I get is a pop-up window that reads "file conversion" and what appears to be an encrypted v...