Subtleties of color differences are insane for male users

Your color designers have made the Office programs much too difficult to use
for many men.

I have trained users in Office products for 15 years.  Each new version of
the Office programs has been made more difficult than its predecessor to see
and distinguish colors for male users.

Health professionals have confirmed my own observations that thirty percent
of men are color-blind.  I do not mean that they cannot distinguish
fire-engine red from royal blue.  Color-blind means that they cannot
distinguish pastels--light blue, light grey, light green--from each other.
They also cannot distinguish dark shades--dark blue, dark grey, dark green
from each other.  Bright primary colors are no problem.  Men can see,
distinguish, and name bright colors, but not pastels or shades, or slight
variations in colors.

This would be no problem if colors and contrasts were used in the programs
solely for decorative purposes, but it is a huge problem when they are used
to convey information.  These problems are rampant in important features
throughout all of the Office programs, but I will provide just two examples.

First, is the title bars of active versus inactive windows.  Second, is the
Excel sheet tabs of the active versus inactive sheets.  The active title bar
formerly was a bright blue contrasted with the grey of the inactive title
bar.  In  the latest versions, the active and inactive title bars are
indistinguishable.  The Excel sheet tabs formerly were clearly white or
clearly grey, but now the active and inactive sheet tabs are
indistinguishable.

Women possess perfect color perception.  This is one of the many wonderful
qualities of women.

For men, however, Microsoft is causing massive confusion for the thirty
percent of men who do not possess perfect color perception.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=9c63c643-b904-46bc-a1f6-2cf7d96ca577&dg=microsoft.public.office.misc

user control with transparent back ground
I' d like to develop an active x UserControl, using VB6, with transparent background. The user control will contains an image control. When load GIF image with transparent parts I want that parts to be tranparent for the entire UserControl. I've set the UserControl's backstyle 0-transparent, but I got transparent regions displayd in gray! There is a solution? > *Hi... I got a problem with activeX and transparency as well. i got > transparent gif as images in my control. and when i use the control > in another project the transparency of the gifs works. BUT ...

I'm having problems printing color separations
Help!! I have been having trouble for 2-days now attempting to print color separations in Publisher 2003. I have installed generic print driver and have tried everything I know. My current printer is a Compaq IJ600 and supports PCL3. On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 17:31:01 -0700, Steven Ferguson <Steven Ferguson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Help!! I have been having trouble for 2-days now attempting to print color separations in Publisher 2003. I have installed generic print driver and have tried everything I know. My current printer is a Compaq IJ600 and supports PCL3. Sounds like anoth...

Can I change color of clipart inserted into Publisher document?
Can I change color of clipart inserted into Publisher document? It is currently blacl clipart from one of thise clipart CDs. ...

update a field by inputting data in a different table
I have a database (Access 2007) that is used for holding data on and communicating with FE colleges. Obviously (?) each college has a number of contacts (up to 14) and these are represented in two tables – one for College Details and one for Contact Details which are linked by a one to many relationship. Most colleges have one representative on one of 3 groups, but not all colleges are represented on all groups and some not on any. The membership of a group is noted by a Yes/No field in the Contact details. Getting a query to run to identify membership of groups is OK. But I ca...

Start a process in two different ways
Hi! I would say that when you start notepad using alternative 1 or 2 is identical. So in this case it's no point to use alternative 2 because alternative 1 is doing the exact same thing and with much less code. Does anyone agree with me ? 1. Process myProcess2 = Process.Start("notepad.exe"); 2. Process myProcess = new Process(); 2. ProcessStartInfo myProcessStartInfo = new ProcessStartInfo("notepad.exe"); 2. myProcess.StartInfo = myProcessStartInfo; 2. myProcess.Start(); //Tony Tony Johansson wrote: > Hi! > > I would say that w...

VBA Text Box: How To Load Different Text
Hello, I would like to use a VBA Text Box to display different sets of messages that can be invoked from various other VBA sub routines. For example, if someone uses a Pull Down menu to select a User ID, I would llike to use the Pull Down's Sub Routine to assign a message using Text_Box.Text = Range("???##").Text. I don't know if this is the best way to change the contents of a Text Box, but if someone out there more familiar with VBA can help me to understand the correct procedure for accomplishing this, I would be greatful for the insight. -- Regards... This is ...

Different TAX schedules in stores
Hi Does anyone know if you have one store set as "Tax Exclusive" and all other stores set as "Tax Inclusive" will this cause a problem with HQ? Thanks hi Gaz, Every store has it own preferences and paramters so there is no problem and HQ will work fine in this. "Gaz" wrote: > Hi > Does anyone know if you have one store set as "Tax Exclusive" and all other > stores set as "Tax Inclusive" will this cause a problem with HQ? > Thanks Thanks Akber I should have been more clear though, I knwo it won't cause a problem with th...

Converting contacts to AD users
Hi I want to convert a load of Exchange contacts to full users in Active Directory. Some of these contacts have their msExchADCGlobalNames attributes set, while some don't. We currently use Exchange 2003. I'm assuming the ones that have these attributes are contacts that used to be in Exchange 5.5. Do I need to keep these attributes now that we use Exchange 2003 or can I just forget them? If I do need to keep them, I assume that I only need to keep the "forest" and "NT5" ones, and allow replication between AD and Exchange to handle the rest. Any thoughts? Cheers M...

Journal Entry Batch Posting by another User
Hi, Is there a way in Dynamics GP to setup Journal Entry Posting so that the User(User1) that creates a batch cannot post their own batches. Then another User(User2) would post their batches. Yet User1 would post User2's batches. Any thoughts or ideas would be welcome. Thank you, Jon I initailly thought about turning on Batch approvals but it doesn't seem to apply here since you are just looking for a check to make sure someone else checks a batch. I might look in your SY00500 Table (which is your batch information) at the different fields. I am looking at one and it has a fi...

5.1.1 NDR on deleted, non existant user. Stumper.
Hi All. This one is just killing me, please someone - help. :) We have Exchange 2K on Win2K BDC. We have Public Folders. One particular one, the company-wide folder, has default permissions for all to view. We *had* a contact that I deleted, that, when people send or post to this public folder, yeilds this NDR (bounce) to the sender/poster. The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Rob Somedude (crew) on 7/13/2005 4:40 PM The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly ...

How do I 'Print Preview an excel worksheet in color?
I'm using XP and need to 'print preview' in color. Mine is black and white. How do I change this setting? Hi Carole, I'm afraid you will have to lie! You need to install a printer that does colours and set this as the printer to be used by your workbook. It does not matter that you do not have this printer - unless you hit the Print icon! Now print preview is in colour. Suggestions: any HP DeskJet printer, or if it shows up as an installed printer, Microsoft Document Image Printer best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "...

Opening other users mailboxes from Outlook.
This is not working for some people. From Outlook, going to Tools > Options > Mail Setup > E-mail Accounts > View/Change Existing E-mail Accounts > Make sure Exchange is highlighted and click Change > Click More Settings > Choose Advanced Tab. Now in this window I should be able to click the Add button and add a mailbox that I have give that user access to, but as soon as I hit the Add button, I get this message: "The name could not be resolved. The action could not be completed." It doesn't even give me a chance to type in the mailbox name or anyth...

prohibit send&receive message although the user hasn't reach the l
Hi all, Exchange2003 native mode: We have one user who gets a prohibit send&receive message every morning (limit:300MB) but she has only 50MB in her mailbox (showed by Outlook and ESM). Also the user can send, no further effects, just the mail. Curious: when I track the mail (or investigate the header) the mail has been initiated by another server in our organisation, not the server the mailbox relies. Believing the user there was no known mailbox move in the past, no change of her mailbox configuration recently. As first step I moved the mailbox to another store to filter possible ...

I have two identical pivot tables with different sort order of th.
Two identical pivot tables referencing the same source file. However about 10% of the data is sorted differently i.e. the sort order varies. However, the sum and count totals are identical. Why the variance in the sort order? This can lead to big errors in the associated report, where the sort order is important. Perhaps one pivot table has fields set to automatic sort, and the other has manual sort. To check: Double-click a field button Click the Advanced button Select the same AutoSort options for all pivot tables Click OK, click OK WilliamJFoster wrote: > Two identical pivot ...

Adding JPG image to resource Changes its color
Hi, I have tried to add the JPG images to the resource script. but when I export this images back it gives image with less color. Why So? I need to have JPG images with the application, I do not wish to have relative path ? Please let me know the possible solution for this Thanks Anup The Visual Studio IDE doesn't display graphics correctly if they have more than 256 colors or the pallette is non-standard. You can still use them, you just can't modify them or display them in the IDE. You need to import the graphic items rather than using something like cut and paste to ad...

Cannot change Gantt ownership to a user with Deny on New Project
Hi, Our system is Project Server 2007 with SP2. For a division with a PMO department – all project managers can edit Gantts and create new Gantts. We want to change it so that only project managers which are PMO members can create Gantts. The PMO members will create the Gantts, change ownership to the rest of the project managers, and the project managers will continue from there. The change is to deny the single permission of creating a new Gantt from the project managers, which are not PMO members. I don’t want to create two separate and almost identical project mangers ...

Admin = form works User = form fails
This is a real stumper... I have an ubound main form named frmCreelWaste. It has a combo on it named cboWarpNo. I have a subform based on a select query against tblCreelWaste. The main and sub are linked by Parent = cboWarpNo to Child = WarpNo. In the .mdw file, there is a Group called WarpGroup, of which WarpRoom is a member, and... User WarpRoom has Open/Run permission for both forms. User WarpRoom has ReadDesign, Read, Update, Insert, Delete for tblCreelWaste. WarpGroup has Open/Run permissions for both forms. WarpGroup has ReadDesign, R...

multiple user accounts share single email account
I have set up separate user account for each of my two kids, my wife and myself (4) with me the only one with admin rights. I want my wife and I to be able to share the same email account. At the moment, whoever logs in first gets the latest set of emails and the other doesn't. This means she gets some and I get some and it defeats the process of me have a secure password if I have to give it to her so she can read mail I have received and vice versa. My web surfing to know seems all about seeing multiple email accounts in one user account but I want to see the same email...

Fake domain user can send messages
Hi, we are tryinng to make sure our Exchange server is not an open relay. We are happy about everything except for this: a fake user like fakeuser@ourdomain.com can actually send email to other real @ourdomain.com users (not to external users not belonging to our domain). How can we prevent users not listed in our active directory from sending e-mail to other real active directory users? Thanks!!! Well... if you do like to do that:, you need to also block real@yourdomain.com senders to send incomming mail through external SMTPs. Use Message Delivery under Global Settings to set Sender...

What happens to the records when I remove a user?
I need to remove a user that is not longer here. I have been told by the previous admin that I need to re-assign all records (accts, activities, etc, etc) before doing this. Is this true? What happens if I don't do this? My worry is that we will screw up all our case reporting if I do this. Right now I'm looking at using the advance find to do this. Is there a better way? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks You should open the user up in the system Customization page - business unit setttings - Users. At the Actions menu, you should see an option to reassign records. th...

how do i get colors to print in excel
Excel 2003 WinXP - I can add and see colors in normal and page break preview, but when i go to print preview and/or print, my colors are printed in grayscale. When i move the document to another computer with the same settings my spreadsheet prints the colors. It is only this one document. All others print just fine. What do I need to fix to make it behave? Use File|Print; open the Options dialog and see if your printer is set to use greyscale. best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "DC" <DC@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

Track Multiple Emails with Different Regardings at once
My staff wants to be able to track multiple email messages at once, but be able to set a different regarding for each. Does anyone know how to do this? I told them the best they can do is track the emails at once and have the emails link to a person in CRM based on the email address. But it won't be possible to set a regarding for each during the bulk upload - they'd have to go back through and set each regarding individually. Am I missing anything? You're not missing anything, your description sounds correct. You can select multiple items and track them as regarding the sa...

Exporting OL2k contacts so street number and name go into different fields?
Our local residents association has each subscriber listed as a separate contact in Outlook 2k. We want to print labels for a mailing by volunteers and it would be a big help to pre-sort the envelopes by street name first. Problem is I can't see how to do it. I tried exporting the contacts as a 'Windows csv' file and opened it in Excel 2k hoping to sort on street name. But, although town and postcode appear correctly in the fields 'Business City' and 'Business Postcode', all of the rest, say '1 Acacia Gardens, Suburbia', goes into 'Business Street'...

Password Protect 2 columns with different passwords
Hi all, I have a spreadsheet which generates purchase order numbers, and we want 1 column "Invoice No." to be password protected and 1 column "Authorised By" to be password protected - but i want 2 different passwords for them as they will be used by 2 different people. By using worksheet protection the best i have been able to do is lock both columns, but by entering the password it unlocks all protected cells. Also, it would be great if the password request popped up in a message box, rather than having to go view the menu bars. Can this be done? Is there a work-...

Out-of-office enabled only for specific user or group
Is it possible to allow Out-of-Office responses only on a per-mailbox or per-group basis? All will be in the same internet domain. Thanks in advance. No, but you can allow on a per ( external) domain basis. On Mon, 10 May 2004 09:03:49 -0700, "Vinnie" <vghika@focustsi.com> wrote: >Is it possible to allow Out-of-Office responses only on a >per-mailbox or per-group basis? All will be in the same >internet domain. Thanks in advance. ...