Sub Procedure for File Save As PDF or XPS menu option

Hi,

I need to give a message to the user once he/she clicks on the File Save As
PDF or XPS menu option in Word 2007.

I have tried with Sub FileSavePdfOrXps() but it is not working.

Can any one let me know which is the exact sub procedure which is invoked?
Thanks in advance.

You haven't placed any of the code you tried in the Sub, so it would be hard
to troubleshoot.

Have you used the Office 2007 Developer Reference on MSDN? It's really
great. Perhaps you can customize what happens when someone uses that
command--there may be other ways to accomplish your objective.

Here's a link to the Word Developer Reference:

Here's a link to how you might modify a Word command:

Hopefully that will get you going.

--
Susan Ramlet
--

"gsbakshi" <gsbakshi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I need to give a message to the user once he/she clicks on the File Save
> As
> PDF or XPS menu option in Word 2007.
>
> I have tried with Sub FileSavePdfOrXps() but it is not working.
>
> Can any one let me know which is the exact sub procedure which is invoked?
> Thanks in advance.

0
Susan
2/20/2010 3:05:32 PM
Hi Susan,

Thaks for replying. I did go through both the links provided by you but
could not get an answer to my question.

I am trying to figure out the Sub Procedure for File Save As PDF or XPS menu
option so that i can display a customized message in clicking this menu
option.

I have tried the following Sub Procedures:

Sub FileSaveAsPdfOrXps()
MsgBox "Hi."
End Sub

Sub FileSavePdfOrXps()
MsgBox "Hi."
End Sub

Sub AdvertisePublishAs()
MsgBox "Hi."
End Sub

But none of the procedures are being invoked on click of the menu option.

Please let me know which is the correct Sub Procedure that is invoked when
we click Save As PDF or XPS menu option.

Thanks in advance.

Gurpreet.

"Susan Ramlet" wrote:

> You haven't placed any of the code you tried in the Sub, so it would be hard
> to troubleshoot.
>
> Have you used the Office 2007 Developer Reference on MSDN? It's really
> great. Perhaps you can customize what happens when someone uses that
> command--there may be other ways to accomplish your objective.
>
> Here's a link to the Word Developer Reference:

> Here's a link to how you might modify a Word command:

> Hopefully that will get you going.
>

> --
> Susan Ramlet
> --
> please reply to the newsgroup so all may benefit.
>
> "gsbakshi" <gsbakshi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I need to give a message to the user once he/she clicks on the File Save
> > As
> > PDF or XPS menu option in Word 2007.
> >
> > I have tried with Sub FileSavePdfOrXps() but it is not working.
> >
> > Can any one let me know which is the exact sub procedure which is invoked?
> > Thanks in advance.

what is watch.wtc file
Found this file under "My Pictures" it was called " watch.wtc file and we never put it there....wouldnt open ,,I deleted it . What is it anyone know. I put it in search and others say they have found it in same place on thier computers but no one is giving a explanation to what it is and how did it get there.Will look for a reply tomorrow,,thanks ! How does your question pertain to Windows Update functionality? smiles_ny wrote: > Found this file under "My Pictures" it was called " watch.wtc file and we > never put it there....wouldnt open ,,...

Duplicating MainForm, SubForm and Sub-SubForm
Hello Everyone, I have an Order Entry Form composed of a MainForm, a SubForm and 2 Sub- Subforms. The SubForm is a continuous form. The two Sub-SubForms are children of a SubForm via a foreign key (which is the Primary Key of a SubForm). There are some instances when customers revised their order by changing just the amount of orders or by just removing one item and the rest are the same. To do this, I would like to keep the initial order (record) and create another record by duplicating the first order then change the amount (or remove an item whatever the case maybe) on the new record. The...

Excel creating tmp files
I have office 2007 installed on my new PC which has windows 7 and when I make a change to an excel file it wants to create a separate file labled with a tmp extension ie f5de4221.tmp. Why is it doing this and what can I do to stop it. Jim S Hi Jim, Have you solved this problem? I'm also facing the same problem but can't solve it. If you've found the solution please let me know steps to follow. Best regards, Gus "Big Jim" wrote: > I have office 2007 installed on my new PC which has windows 7 and when I > make a change to an excel file it...

CRM 1.2 email with PDF attachment does not work..
We are having problems sending emails from CRM with PDF attachments. When the email arrives at its destination, the PDF file is still attached but it no longer has the PDF extension, so the user is prompted to select a program to use to open the file. We do not experience this with emails originating from Outlook. Has anybody else seen this issue, anybody got a workaround? TIA Gino Works ok on our end. Updates applied? Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. www.workopia.com "Gino" wrote: > We are having problems sending emails from CRM with PDF attachments. > When the email arrive...

search multiple pst files
Is there a way to search more than one pst file at at a time, i.e. if you have more than one open at the time? Not directly, there are some 3rd party tools that allow that such as 80-20 Retriever, but nothing built into Outlook. -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Author: Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Reminder Manager, Extended Reminders, Attachment Options http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm "JMC" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:%23pJWax2MEHA.2716@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Is there ...

Next "available" File/Folder Name,...
Hi, i am looking for some API that will give me the next available file/folder name if the file/folder aleady exists. Example: you have a file named "New Text.txt", o the operating system suggests here "New Text(1).txt" if you create a new file within the shell. Is there any API that could give me the next available name for a file if i provide a filename as input? I guess its some shell interface or function, but i could not find anything so far,... Thanks in advance,... Regards Kerem -- ----------------------- Beste Gr�sse / Best regards / Votre ...

Hyperlink to a text file
Hello I'm using Excel 2000. I have a cell with a number and I want to reference back to a source document (text) using a hyperlink. However, when I click on the link I receive an error, "unable to open specified file". Can this be done? Thank you. We would need to know how you did the hyperlink and if the path correctly point to the file What is the point of the number in the cell? best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "JHL" <JHL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C11ABD9A...

If I accidently replace a saved file can I retrieve the old file?
No. PLEASE write your question in the body of the post and NOT just the subject. Have a look here: http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm -- Gordon Burgess-Parker Interim Systems and Management Accounting www.gbpcomputing.co.uk "kamabiv" <kamabiv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2A547F5D-AA2C-44D7-AEC7-8961A81AC4E5@microsoft.com... > ...

Massive files in .pb a problem !!!
Hi I am developing a website for a client and he has supplied several .pb files i.e Newsletters. The problem is the files are massive 10MB!!. I just wondered how to go about reducing so that when I put them on his website for downloading it does not take forever to download. I have thought about pdf still 2.3MB. I have thought about WORD still way too big. And last I thought about putting into image ie through photoshop then putting into .swf. Has anybody got a better way at all. Thanks -- http://www.philbrighton.co.uk Phil Brighton wrote: > I am developing a website for a client ...

PDF settings in MS office 2007
I am able to save a document as read only as a PDF, but it is still printable and i need for it to not be able to be copied or printed in any way, can anyone help. -- Christoforo ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Christoforo's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/196451.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/ms-office-support/1317277.htm http://forums.techarena.in ...

Outlook message tracking option
Dear Fellows, Outlook has message tracking option, but it is a global option i.e. it will apply on all messages from all account. How is it possible to enable a message tracking option (read or delivery mail receipt) for a individual mail. Thanks On Tue, 8 Jun 2004 10:49:41 +0500, "Ahmed" <ahmed@sante.com.pk> wrote: >Dear Fellows, >Outlook has message tracking option, but it is a global option i.e. it will >apply on all messages from all account. How is it possible to enable a >message tracking option (read or delivery mail receipt) for a individual >mail. &...

Re: New file management software
thanatoid wrote: > "Bill in Co." <not_really_here@earthlink.net> wrote in > news:ettFOVtqKHA.4752@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl: > >> thanatoid wrote: > > <SNIP> > >> If he is so ignorant he can't use Windows Explorer, he >> doesn't deserve to use a computer. > > A monkey could use WE. And wouldn't know it's better not to. Nonsense. It's just a matter of being flexible enough to be able to fully use the right tool for the right job. Just like when I explained about using ERUNT vs System Restore, but...

Outlook 2000 Sub folder
Hi I am using outlook 2000 and I have a created a subfolder in my inbox however I am unable to view the folder My Shortcuts on the left hand side of the screen where all my other sub folders are located. In the navigation bar at the top of my pane there is an icon called "move to Folder" and the folder is located here. I am unable to find the location of the folder therefore unable to open the folder or move it to "My shortcuts" I am in need of your expertise. I am ok with computers and can follow instructions so please please please help. Thanking you in ...

How to access Exchange 5.5 .edb files programmatically
We recently had a horrible crash of our NT4 network PDC. We went to promote our BDC and it failed. All our security is hosed. We have recreated our domain and are tryint restore our Exchange 5.5 mail. We can't do it without the proper security stuff. I want to write a program that accesses the information from the .edb files and migrates it to the new mail server. I can access the new mail server easily enough through MAPI and related technologies, but need to scavenge the data from the old edb files. Is there an ODBC driver, OLEDB provider, or other such tool that will allow me easy acces...

trouble with loop procedure
Can someone please tell me why this does not select A1 in all the sheets of a workbook? (I know there must be something wrong with the way the loop is designed as it only does the active worksheet.) Dim ws As Worksheet On Error Resume Next Application.ScreenUpdating = False For Each ws In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets Range("A1").Select Next Application.ScreenUpdating = true End Sub Also, I notice that when I hover the mouse over the "Application.ScreenUpdating" part whether it is =true or =false, the yellow box that appears always says ... = true. I thought this would show f...

Saving Excel file as HTML USING C#
Hi All, I have a requirement of saving Excel files as HTML using C#. I have managed to write code for saving as HTLM file. however this seems to be not working in the once perticular case . For e.g I hav the following values are in column say A1 & A2. A1A2 D B B O A N G D V V A A L L 0 1 1 2 1 1 When I save this as HTML, I am getting saved file as below ( Note the change vertical display to horizontal) . Any suggestions / comments on this is highly appreciated. Thanks a lot for your time. DBAGVAL BONDVAL 0 1 1 2 1 1 Regards, Kewal ...

Read onle files
I have a server with several users that will access to the files on a "Read Only Basis" and one and only one user cand write the files (modify) Can this be done?? "jmor45" <jmor45@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1A06D752-BC5B-4ECC-84E7-24E491B2C399@microsoft.com... > I have a server with several users that will access to the files on a "Read > Only Basis" and one and only one user cand write the files (modify) Can this > be done?? Tools|Protection. Protect the workbook. /Fredrik ...

sub-process
What is the sub-process function in the workflow? How do you set one up? Why would you use it? A sub-process is a way to call a manual rule. If you create a manual rule in workflow called Rule A, in another rule you can insert a sub-process and select the manual rule to run. This is a helpful way to create loops and if/then rules that trigger other events. -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "David M" wrote: > What is the sub-process function in the workflow? > How do you set one up? > Why would you use it? > ...

Official name of File Folder Drop Down
What is the official generic name of the file folder dropdown list box that is on the CFileDialog? What is an "official generic name"? If I knew what you were asking for, I could probably answer the question. It looks like a combo box, but that doesn't mean it is one. joe On Thu, 11 Jan 2007 11:01:27 -0600, "Peter Olcott" <NoSpam@SeeScreen.com> wrote: >What is the official generic name of the file folder dropdown list box that is >on the CFileDialog? > Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP] email: newcomer@flounder.com Web: http://www.flounder.com MVP ...

how do I convert an Access 2000 file format .mdb file to
How can I convert an Access 2000 database file format (I have Access 2003 and Access 2007 on my IBM laptops) to be able to be read on a Macintosh computer? Is there Access for the macintosh? thank you! Craig www.agentjim.com/MVP/Excel/Office2004andAccess.doc Here is your answer. Sorry you should return your mac and get a good PC. "Craig" wrote: > How can I convert an Access 2000 database file format (I have Access 2003 and > Access 2007 on my IBM laptops) to be able to be read on a Macintosh computer? > Is there Access for the macintosh? > > thank you! &...

Error with pst file over 2 gigs
Hi everyone, a colleague of mine has a pst file over 2 gigs and Outlook won=B4t open it. scanpst won=B4t do anything, either. I heard there is a utility that repairs pst files over two gigs. Can anyone point me for some information? Thanks, from Spain http://www.slipstick.com/problems/repair2gbpst.htm "JuanAdventure" <juanmagana@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1109755704.317423.257790@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... Hi everyone, a colleague of mine has a pst file over 2 gigs and Outlook won�t open it. scanpst won�t do anything, either. I heard there is a utility that...

Print Spreadsheet to PDF file with Excel 1997
Hi, A server has Excel 1997 installed and cannot be upgraded for compatibility reason. I need to automated a process to create a PDF file (with a printer driver). The printer driver need the parameter "Print to file name" (PrToFileName). It seem that the printout function does not have that parameter in Excel 1997. Is there any way I can do it? Thanks, The best approach may depend on the printer driver itself (is it Adobe, and if so what version, etc.). However, there is a simple solution that I used back when I was on 97 and (I think) Adobe 4(?). I couldn...

Basic Backup Procedure
We are trying to develop a disaster recovery procedure with Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0. What is the basic backup and restoration procedure for getting CRM back up and running? We're using SBS 2003, SQL Server 2005, and CRM 3.0. here you go http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm/using/deploy/backup.mspx "Jamie" <Jamie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3AB79014-E99A-44BD-9E5D-84B67BB300D2@microsoft.com... > We are trying to develop a disaster recovery procedure with Microsoft > Dynamics CRM 3.0. What is the basic backup and restoration procedure f...

MS Office 2003 file structure
I have had progressive versions of Office for many years, since Windows 95 time. I have purchased upgrades to my current Office 2003 suite and am now considering purchasing Office 2007 (or wait for Office 2010?). Over the years I seem to have acquired a confusing file structure with both MS Office and MS Office 2003 folders under Program Files, each containing similar subfolders but with the MS Office folder containing additional subfolders - Office and Office12 folders in addition to the common Media, Office11 and Templates folders. These folders have almost certainly been ...

Can PDF file be converted into the Excel file
Can PDF file be converted into the Excel file, and added additional formulas??? Thanks in advance I think you have to do a copy and paste into Excel. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "roko" <bijac.sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:u4v8YgwKEHA.1764@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... | Can PDF file be converted into the Excel file, and added additional | formulas??? | | Thanks in advance | | You can copy data from a PDF file to an Excel file. I don't know if that fits your request or not, as Excel itself will not open a PDF file. More information in http://www.mvps.org/dmcritch...