Server and Client based Rules in Outlook

HI,  I created both Server and Client based rules in Outlook to respond to
emails.  The client based one is "if an email comes from a specific email,
respond with a specified template".  The server based one is "If an email
comes from a specific email, respond with a message from the server".

My issue is that these rules will only respond once to an email address, is
there a way to have the rules respond to an email address no matter how many
times it comes in?

We can't use out of office assistant because those responses have been
blocked from going outside our agency.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
--
Justine

NO DEFAULT SMTP SERVER..
Hello, I had a problem with exadmin.dll, unregistered it, copied new one and registered it and now the default smtp server is gone under SMTP in my systems manager but everything still works.... HELP where is it ? and how can i get it back ? tnnx. Philippe ...

Custom Views in Outlook
Hey All, Is there a way to create a custom view and be able to apply i to all the mail and post folders in Outlook. The way currently Outloo works is, after we create a new view we have to manually select each o the mail and psot folder and apply the view to them. This can be quit a pain if you have a lot of mail an post folders. Any help in this matter is truly appreciated. Thank you, Bye, Vivek Phili ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Upgrading from server 2000 to server 2008R2?
We would like to upgrade our servers to Windows server 2008 R2. Currently we have two Windows 2000 (SP 4) domain controllers, we want to replace the Forest Root Domain box with new hardware & upgrade the other DC to server 2008 R2. I understand it's not possible to upgrade from 2000 straight to 2008 but is server 2003 still available to ugrade to in between? I'm also not sure of what the implications of retiring the Forest Root Domain box would be? Would the best plan be to add the new 2008 server (domain function & forest function level: 2000); upgrade the se...

Outlook 2000 does not close
Must use Task Manager to close Outlook. This happens in Windows 2000 & XPpro. I have installed all the update/service packs, performed detect & repair utility and uninstalled/reinstalled. ...

cant get outlook 2003 to run in windows 7
installed office 2003 standard (sp3) in windows 7 and get a trouble message when launching. A popup box called configuring outlook comes up with the task "migrating account settings" highlited. This is followed by the trouble message box called microsoft office outlook stating "unable to open your default email folders. Outlook would not start because a data file to send and receive could not be found". I went back into the windows control panel>user accounts>mail and verified a pop email exists but there no entries under the data tab. I selected add (...

outlook doesn't work
I installed the Office XP (2002) version on my computer, and everything works fine except Outlook... When i start Outlook, I get the message: "Unable to display information from the file system or Outlook.Could not open the item. Try again." then I am asked if I want to see the "My computer files", with the options [Yes] - for which the result is just the use of outlook as a file explorer - or [No] for which outlook closes by itself... I tried then to creat an e-mail acount within "Outlook Express", which works, and then I tried to oen again Outlook... ...

Can Recovery Storage Groups be used if original server gone?
We had an Exchange server die on us a few months back due to hardware issues. All accounts were moved to another box and that one was flattened and taken out of the Exchange org. It was replaced by new hardware that does NOT have the storage groups or databases that the old one did. We have a request to recover data from an info store back up prior to the events above and are running into problems with our backup vendor. Would it be possible to use a Recovery Storage Group to retrieve this data? The mailbox still exists (but may have been moved via Exmerge) so I believe I will pas...

MS Project Server Admin // Denver, CO
MS Project Server Admin Location: Denver, CO Duration: 6 months Pay Rate: DOE =95 MSProject Server ver 2010, SQL database and Sharepoint 2010 =95 Ongoing support and maintenance involving activities such as =96 Monitoring logs, Patches, resolving support tickets, Dev/Test/Prod support =95 Routine troubleshooting =95 Technical APS maintenance (Project Server & SharePoint 2010) =95 User administration / Password resets etc. =95 Work with Microsoft for any critical issues that might need intervention from Microsoft =95 Application of Patches & migration to Production =95 SQL services mo...

Outlook client to Exchange encryption enforcement
I have a client that requires encryption between thier Outlook clients and Exchange server. Can a registry key or application setting be used to enforce Outlook to Exchange encryption? If so what is the encryption used? I am aware of RPC-over-HTTPS and can and will deploy if necessary that as well but what I need is an enforcement of such a policy. I have set the Outlook 2003 option "Encrypt data between Microsoft Office Outlook and Microsoft Exchange Server " Any ideas or suggestions are much appreciated! -MJB I think you could certainly configure client access to go o...

Removed server, exchange still looking for it?
Exchange 5.5, I removed a server from the site using exchange admin, and now am getting event 9318, saying MTA can't contact it. Why is it doing that? I had the same problem after a 5.5 to 2000 migration. Rebooting the Exchange server that was trying to connect resolved the problem. MTA must keep the information cached. Tim "dlw" <dlw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C431500C-F78D-47E5-AAC5-B8C611592E97@microsoft.com... > Exchange 5.5, I removed a server from the site using exchange admin, and > now > am getting event 9318, saying MTA can...

Small Business Server in Windows Server 2000 Environment
I have a requirement to install Microsoft CRM for about 10 CRM Users. The existing Windows 2000 has about 120 users with two Exchange Servers. Is it possible to set up a separate Small Business Server to run CRM within the Windows 2000 domain as this is the most cost effective way of implementing CRM for such a low User count? ...

Sales for Outlook 1.2 Client Install Errors
We have been experiencing some problems reinstalling the Outlook Sales client on a machine that lost functionality with the CRM Appointment button. The form just stopped loading when the button was clicked, so we followed the following steps: 1. We removed and then re-added the COM object Microsoft CRM Outlook Addin and also cleared the forms cache in Forms Manager. This did not resolve the issue. 2. We then completely uninstalled Sales for Outlook 1.2, rebooted the system, reinstalled and rebooted and when Outlook was launched, it now delivers the error "An error occurred in...

Outlook won't leave messages on the server
I have tried and tried to keep Outlook 2003 from deleting my email off my server. I have found the check box under advanced send\receive setting in "options" and I have tried variations of the 3 check boxes in this window and they work until I close Outlook and reopen it, then all of my settings return to the default of deleting my email off the server. Wasn't MS suppose to stop doing things like this? Any help in steering me to the answer (which i am sure is here) to this question is appreciated. Regards Paul A. Walters Hi, Goto Tools --> Email Accounts --> V...

Windows 7 and Outlook 2007, domain laptop can do outlook via RPC but non domain laptop can not. SBS 2003
I have no problems connecting to exchange while outside the building with my domain laptop, username/password screen comes up, enter it in and i connect. If I try with a non domain laptop with the same settings and the same cert, i just keep getting a username/password screen. I tried all the combinations with no luck. I am currently using the free cert that I created when installing SBS 2003. We have bought a new cert to replace it though. Any idea's? Is it because of the cert? Thanks ...

windows 2008 server cord and windows 2008 std
we have 20+ New server to install windows 2008 for trading purpose. still can not decide to install server core or std full, can someone advise what is the benefit to install core rather than std edition or to install std edition ? DD, There is: Server Standard Server Standard Core Server Enterprise Server Enterprise Core Core is (not quite correctly called) 'Server without Graphical User Interface (GUI)'. There are several reasons why Core was introduced: - *Nix purists were saying that there's no real need/use for GUI on a server and *real* sysadmins ar...

Outlook 2000 experience error outlook must shut down
I just recently configured my outlook to allow contacts to be shared thru net folders. when doing so outlook requires addition software to be installed which it automatically loaded. Ever since I made this change one of the three commputers on the network continues to receive error mesage while outlook is running "Experiencing error Outlook must shut down" App Name: Outlook.exe App Ver: 9.0.0.6604 Mod name: fldpub.dll Mod ver: 9.0.3425.0 Offset: 00029435 I've restored the system back to the original configuration and outlook runs fine. Please help! ...

Project Server Provisioned
Hello, I have provisioned Project Server and added it to the trusted zone, but it still comes up unresolved. Hello, You mean PWA home page is not loading or issue with connecting from MS Project Professional? Also mention the version of Project Server. Thanks Chak pVector Technologies http://www.pvectortech.com http://www.epmcentral.com On Apr 16, 11:04=A0am, me <mtyso...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Hello, I have provisioned Project Server and added it to the trusted > zone, but it still comes up unresolved. On Apr 16, 12:20=A0pm, Chak <chak...@hotmail.com>...

OT: SVN server
Hi, Sorry for the OT, I am not 100% sure where to ask. I want to setup a subversion repo on a personal website. Would anyone know the best forum/NG to ask such a question? (Or where I could find a tutorial for installing such a repo). Thanks Simon Simon wrote: > Hi, > > Sorry for the OT, I am not 100% sure where to ask. > > I want to setup a subversion repo on a personal website. > Would anyone know the best forum/NG to ask such a question? > (Or where I could find a tutorial for installing such a repo). > > Thanks > > Simon ...

Sufficient Permissions to run Rule?
I have a new computer, running XP Home (I have Pro, but I've not upgraded yet). I have installed 2003, under an admin account, and set up the same rules I had on the old one. My ISP marks spam *** SPAM *** to make it easy to filter, so I simply defined a rule to permanently delete any mail marked as such. On my old Dell, it worked like a charm (it ran Pro), but it's just caught something and an error box popped up informing me I don't have sufficient permissions to perform this action (permanently deleting, I assume it meant, as it moved the message to the junk mail folder). Is the...

Windows Server 2008 RC2 in Windows Server 2003 Domain
I'm having trouble with one domain controller that has all of the FSMO roles (I have 6 Domain controllers in total running server 2003) I updated my schema to version 47 (Windows server 2008 RC2) and would like to add a new physical server with W2K8 R2 on it and transfer all of the FSMO roles on it. I don't want to upgrade all DC's yet to 2008 R2 yet, so the domain functional level will stay the same for a while (Windows Server 2003). Is there anything I should watch out for with this scenario? Or by just adding a W2k8 R2 box with all the FSMO roles and then decomm...

Exchange Router setup/Setting More than one Exchange Server up in one organisation with two active directories?
Forgive the version difference, but on Exchange 2003 is there a way to install a secondary Exchange Server on a different domain and somehow have it routed to from the other domain or act as a connector to be able to see those emails without removing them? I don't know enough about routing on Exchange to figure if its capable. Or perhaps I need to utilise a different registered email domain and I should use this for testing instead of trying to somehow route emails from one to the other? eg instead of companyname.com I could use companynamecrm.com or something. Would I still want to setu...

outlook 2003 #180
Would anyone know how to download my businnes contacts to my Palm fro outlook 2003 Michael <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Would anyone know how to download my businnes contacts to > my Palm fro outlook 2003 Most people do it with the sync software that comes with the Palm, typically Chapura Pocket Mirror, available here: http://www.chapura.com/free_downloads.php -- Brian Tillman Sometime when I reply or forward a message, I do not get the icons with the arrow indicating that I replied or forward a message. Has anyone seen this? "Brian Tillman" ...

pop3 server response
When opening outlook recently it has been saying my pop3 server hasn't respoded in 60 seconds and asks if I would like to wait longer for the server to respond. but sometimes it goes right through. is there any reason why this might be happening. i can only get e-mail about 60% of the time. any help would be greatly appreciated. J.H. Try removing and reinstalling your mail account settings. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After...

Manually run message rules on the server
Hi, Is there a way to run message rules (created by the end-user on Outlook) on the server, say on a daily basis ? The reason is that that person has ~50 rules, moving all incoming messages from his inbox to specific folders. Since he now owns a BES-enabled BlackBerry, these rules prevent him from getting his emails onto his handheld. The idea would be to run all the rules once a day, on his behalf, on the server. Exchange 2007 SP1 Thanks Christian Some rules, like moving messages to another folder in the same mailbox, will run server-side by default, depending on how they're create...

E-Mail Messages Reappear When Server is rebooted
Hello All, I had reason to reboot a windows2003 SBS a few months ago. When it rebooted clients reported old emails had reappeared in their inbox. I was then on a windows2000 SBS site yesterday and when I rebooted the server old emails reappeared. The Windows2003 server rebooted today and again old email reappear. I cannot find any info on web re: this problem. Any help would be appreciated. Sam wrote: > Hello All, > > I had reason to reboot a windows2003 SBS a few months ago. When it > rebooted clients reported old emails had reappeared in their inbox. I > was then on...