scorm compliancy features

Does anyone know if office 2007 includes any scorm compiant elements to
create courses? we are operating Moodle at school and wandered if word,
powerpoint could be used?

http://www.scorm.com/scorm-explained/

"geoff" <geoff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know if office 2007 includes any scorm compiant elements to
> create courses? we are operating Moodle at school and wandered if word,
> powerpoint could be used?

0
DL
11/14/2009 9:27:22 AM
In article <C7E99341-310D-445A-8BAD-B18E16523F39@microsoft.com>, Geoff
wrote:
> Does anyone know if office 2007 includes any scorm compiant elements to
> create courses? we are operating Moodle at school and wandered if word,
> powerpoint could be used?

Look into Articulate ... pretty sure it can generate SCORM-compliant
modules from PowerPoint.

0
Steve

DCAA Compliance with Great Plains Project Accounting
We are working with a Great Plains prospect that is bidding on certain government contracts that would require that their accounting software be DCAA compliant. Are there any Great Plains partners who have used Great Plains Project Accounting for this purpose who could confirm that Great Plains PA is DCAA compliant. I know that Solomon is DCAA compliant and that their are other 3rd party products that integrate with Great Plains that are compliant, however in this particular case the client has GP Project Accounting in place and I need to confirm compliance. Thanks, Rick DeLello ...

Excel keeps installing features
Hi, every time I start Excel, a dialog box pops up with the title "Installing components for Microsoft Excel" and the text "Installing: Microsoft Excel Features". I tries changing the behaviour using Add/remove Programs, selecting modify option and looked for Clip Art Gallery (something that was suggested in Microsoft KB) but could not find this feature. So, I don't think it that is the cause. I would appreciate your help. I am using Office Xp for Small Business, Excel 2002, 10.3506.3501, SP1. By the way, something similar happens when I open Word, except that it flash...

Archiving for compliance reasons
Hello everyone; I was wondering if anyone had any information (good/bad) on third party software to store emails. I am facing a situation. I have users (probably as any other admin has) that likes to keep Emails dating back to the concept of ARPA.NET :) While that wasn't a big problem, now I have been faced with having to deal with the SEC compliance rules for keeping E-Mails and being able to retrieve them on a moments notice. So, in my quest, I am wondering if anyone has any recommendations. Something that I am doing that isn't normal (at least I don't think),is I have...

scorm compliancy features
Does anyone know if office 2007 includes any scorm compiant elements to create courses? we are operating Moodle at school and wandered if word, powerpoint could be used? http://www.scorm.com/scorm-explained/ "geoff" <geoff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C7E99341-310D-445A-8BAD-B18E16523F39@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know if office 2007 includes any scorm compiant elements to > create courses? we are operating Moodle at school and wandered if word, > powerpoint could be used? In article <C7E99341-310D-445A-8BAD-B18E16523F39@...

Outlook Express Handy Feature missing in Outlook
I decided today to switch from Outlook Express to Outlook. On OE, someone set up for me a pulldown menu on the From field of my email messages. I can send business messges from my business email adress, and personal messages from my personal email address. Basically, I have three email accounts (2 personal, 1 business) set up on OE, each with a different name and email address. I can't figure out how to do the same setup on Express. Nor can I recall precisely how I got set up this way on OE. MS Help is no help. Help! What version of Outlook are you using? Steve D wrote: >...

Request for Microsoft reply: Default start page feature missing??
When you go Tools > Options > General Tab, there is no section to change the defual start page. When using the help function within the box "Set Personal Options Form" the very first help topic is "Set start page and view options" this clearly talks about a Default Pane. I was first alerted to the supposed availability of this feature in the book "Working with Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 by Mike Snyder Page 193. Does anyone else get this section in the General tab? Is it a bug in my installation? Did Microsoft leave it out? ---------------- This po...

ADD Feature to a Gridview
Hello Group, I am have been trying to include an "ADD" record feature to the top of a gridview with no luck as far. Does anyone have any method that they know of will work for this? I have googled for days without finding anything that has been effective as of yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks ...

Lost functionality feature
Using windows 7 and publisher 2007. I was making a web page and wanted to make more Produce list pages. Before I was able to go to format publication then to website options which opend ADD to your website under that was Add Functionality. It is gone now, I have no idea what I did to lose it. Is there a way to retreave it? Am four days into and don't want to start over. Thanks James Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice implement Nested Modal popup extender and BehaviorId of ModalPopupExtender in AJAX http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/1bedd84e-1...

Sign in feature
I want my outlook email to be private. Can I set it up so that when I click on the icon, outlook asked me for a password? Put a password on your .pst file and DON'T forget it. Right click on Outlook Today icon, select properties and then advanced. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head-scratching, Steven Bo asked this group: | I want my outlook email to be private. Can I set it up so that...

any good spam email filtering feature in OUTLOOK 2002?
Dear all, Junk emails became my most headache... everyday I am getting over 200+ junk emails... I depend on the OUTLOOK junk email filtering feature to block those junk emails... but the OUTLOOK junk email filtering feature is very stupid... it asks you to identify junk email by hand manually... Some junk emails have very strange title and if I block them, I also block some important emails... Is there any OUTLOOK add-ons having intelligent junk email filtering function? I am also using YAHOO email account, it automatic identifies junk email for me... and send those junk emails to the "...

where is the recover text feature
i need to know where it is cause my file wont open ty zboy File, open, files of type, scroll down to "recover text from any file." -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "recover text" <recover text@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:879C72AE-D1C8-407D-B9B3-96B828FC87E8@microsoft.com... >i need to know where it is cause my file wont open > > > ty zboy How to troubleshoot a damaged publication in Publisher http://support.microsoft.com/kb/198256/en-us -- Mary Sauer M...

Unsubscribe Feature
I've been unsuccessful at getting the unsubscribe feature to work in any scenario I've tried. I can get a link in an email that on the other end opens up an email back to me, but the subject and body are empty. I've tried sending the email as it is, I've tried entering "unsubscribe" in the subject, yet my test lead still has its' flag set to receive marketing materials. I'm stuck, please help. I'm not getting the unsubscribe acknowledgement email either. As far as I can tell, everything is configured, yet no joy. If some kind soul would take m...

Section 508 compliance.
Howdy, I'm looking at expanding our software's compliance with Section 508. I've been using Inspect32 to look at the data available on some of our controls and find it's not as much as I want. It is missing things like descriptions for button, etc. There is a way to privide descriptions for windows by overriding CWnd::get_accDescription. But this looks awkward because it seems to require creating a class for each button and dealing with the override. My question is that if get_accDescription takes VARIANT varChild as an arguement, why doesn't the dialog's ...

Naxian Email Archiving and Compliance now available WorldWide
Naxian Message Tracker is an ideal solution for anyone looking for a cost effective solution that has all the features and more of the major email archiving tools. Visit www.naxian.co.za Unlike many solutions Naxian has been developed in the harshest internet environment in the world, South Africa where poor bandwidth and connectivity place harsh restritions on email traffic and how it can or should be archived. Naxian copes in an environement where 26 emails are processed every second! Visit www.naxian.co.za ...

Outlook 2003 AutoCorrect Feature
I have an observation that perhaps someone can comment about, and possibly offer a workaround. I am using Office Pro 2003 on Windows XP in a network environment (Exchange 5.5). Problem #1: I wish to use the Word to edit my email messages. This is easy enough to do, but I have one big problem. Whenever I use this option, and then I wish to attach a SHORTCUT to a file on the network within my email, that option doesn't appear. However, if I uncheck the "use Word to edit" option, and then try to attach a file via a shortcut, that choice appears. Does anyone know why thi...

Visio Partner Live Webcast
Live Webcast November 15th, 9 am PST Register at: http://msevents.microsoft.com/CUI/WebCastEventDetails.aspx?EventID=1032285296 November's solution focus is Compliance Management. How to take this expanding burden of Sarbanes-Oxley, HIPAA and new regulations around the world and make their management work for the business as a means to identifying risks and creating greater efficiency. Compliance management is predicted by AMR to be an $80B opportunity over the next 5 years. In 2005 alone, companies will spend over $15.5B on Sarbanes-Oxley solutions, over $9B of which will be on softwa...

Cannot "Page Setup" feature
Good morning I have been editing a book of ca 170 pages. Up until last Thursday I could access "page setup", the "Column" feature of the "Index and Reference" etc. I do not know what I might have done; however, now the Table of Contents show only 20 pages even though the entire book is present, the "Page Setup" is grayed out and I cannot access it, and other features suich as restoring the two column format for the indices at the end of the book no longer function. Can you tell me what I may have done and how to fix it. I tried just copying ...

Feature Request
Currently, when a note is added to an Activity, the note is treated as a child object of the Activity. The note is written to the AnnotationBase table, with a link to the parent Activity that it is created for. The Activity record is not updated during this process. CRM doesn't change the auditing fields when the parent object is appended to by the addition of a child object. Please please please add this to a future hotfix or release. We have several customers who use multiple notes to track the progress of an activity instead of creating a new activity for each interaction and ...

How do I save a narrated (sound embedded) PPT07 file in SCORM form
I want to allow my company's LMS (Learning Management System) to store, push, and report viewership of narrated (Isound embedded) PPT 2007 files. The LMS has two APIs for content: SCORM 1.2 or AICC. Has anyone found a way to store narrated PPTs (or take intermediate steps) to create SCORM-format output so an LMS can manipulate it? ...

Export Compliance
Does anyone know if there is a "snap-in" module to Great Plains for the US Govenments's Export Compliance List. ...

Money '05
The search feature in my Money 2005 doesn't work. If I am in the checkbook register, and click "Search," enter a check number or amount, and click search, it stops only a few transactions up. It apparently thinks something is matching, but it's certainly not the number I entered. I haven't been able to figure out what it is doing. Any suggestions? Would an upgrade to '06 possibly help? Nathan maxwell_n_AT@gmale.com (remote _, fix other issues, change male spelling) In microsoft.public.money, "Nathan" <maxwell_n_AT@gmale.com (remote _, fix other...

Tracking Feature in Outlook
I recently got a new computer with Microsoft XP installed. When using Outlook and viewing the tracking on sent emails I noted that the email message prints after the tracking list. I preferred the old format where the email message was listed first and the tracking was listed after. Does anyone know if there is a way to change that format? ...

[ANN] New series on discovering hidden and undocumented features
I posted two articles today in the new series of articles to improve productivity and learn about Entourage features. Many of the tips are hidden or undocumented. If you have a tip you would like to share, please leave a comment. Open new windows in the Views you want (The Entourage Help Blog) <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/2009/01/open_windows.html> Use Contextual menus a.k.a. right-click (The Entourage Help Blog) <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/2009/01/use_contextual_menu.html> Be sure to subscribe to the blog for all announcements. -- Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP Entourag...

PCI Compliance
Does anyone know if any version of RMS is PCI compliant? My bank is telling me that it's not as it doesn't appear on their "list". We're a level 2 merchant and I have yet been able to get confirmation from anyone. Help.... ...

Unlocked Cells and tab feature
I have created a form and I have several cells "unlocked" so the user can input data. I am unable to tab to each cell. I have to use the mouse to go to each cell and click. Any way to make the tab feature work between the unlocked cells? Debbie, You can use the EnableSelection property in a VBA macro: Sub ChangeEnableSelection() Dim WS As Worksheet Set WS = ActiveSheet WS.EnableSelection = xlUnlockedCells End Sub -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com "Debbie" <Debbie516@h...