Ribbon vs traditional Menu......

Hi, I want to change the ribbon menu format back to the traditional menu
format.... can this be done and if so, how?

Thank you!
Nichelle

Learn Ribbon side by side using old office classic menu from

http://shahshaileshs.web.officelive.com/MenuAddins.aspx

Free Exshail Classic Menu for Excel-2007
http://shahshaileshs.web.officelive.com/Exshail_Classic_Menu.aspx

Regards,
Shailesh

"Nichelle" <Nichelle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I want to change the ribbon menu format back to the traditional menu
> format.... can this be done and if so, how?
>
> Thank you!
> Nichelle

0
Shailesh
5/5/2010 2:35:48 PM
"Nichelle" <Nichelle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I want to change the ribbon menu format back to the traditional menu
> format.... can this be done and if so, how?

Yes but only by installing a third-party addin. I suggest you get used to
the Ribbon - it's not going to go away.

0
Gordon
5/5/2010 4:33:03 PM
Nichelle;1772668 Wrote:
> Hi, I want to change the ribbon menu format back to the traditional menu
> format.... can this be done and if so, how?
>
> Thank you!
> Nichelle

Hi Michelle,

The Ribbon is here to stay, but it is an extremely useful tool :smile:.
Watch this demo video on the Office help page that shows you how to use
it: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/HA103898361033.aspx.

Let me know if you have any questions about using the tool!

Cheers,
Isabella
MSFT Office Outreach Team

--
Isabella_Oteam
0

Hyperlink field / Allowing Full Menu's
I have a hperlink field that I want users to be able to Add, Open ect on my form. It works until I uncheck the "Allow Full Menu" in the Access Options area. However, I don't want to leave this unchecked because it allows users to potentially get to design view and other areas but I also want user to have the full functionality of the hyperlink field. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-tablesdbdesign/201005/1 ...

Pull down menu
Hello, I am trying find a way to make a pull down menu in excel. I have a list of foods on one sheet in a workbook where all the nutrition information is stored per food type where the row indicates the food type and the columns indicate the nutrition info ie: Carbs, Protein, Fats, Calories etc. This sheet has roughly 300 or so food items listed in rows. How can I create a pull down menu in another cell on another worksheet as a method to select a food item from the food sheet? Any help is appreciated, Dave --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (...

Epay vs Apay
I recently purchased the newest version of Microsoft Money and am trying to understand the difference between bill Epay and Apay. I have many bills that my bank pays automaticaly for me and has been doing so for many years. When I tried to include these in the BILLS section of Money and mark them as Epay or Apay, it looks like money will pay them AGAIN if I mark them as such. Don't want that!! Do I have to mark these as WRITE CHECK? Epay = one time Apay = automatic (i.e. recurring) If your bank is already setup to pay your bills, and you're not asking Money to send the ...

RIBBON COLOR
Is there any idea how to change the color of a custom tab different from default theme as in the case of Contextual tabs? Sure would oblige if appropriate XML tags, ideas or address of a source on net is provided. -- Thanx in advance, Best Regards, Faraz I don't think you can Faraz, you have a few ribbon theme colours, but all tabs carry that colour AFAICS. HTH Bob "Faraz A. Qureshi" <FarazAQureshi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:67C1065B-1AEA-44B8-B595-210CA78EE546@microsoft.com... > Is there any idea how to change the color ...

mfc42.dll and vs dotnet
Can I use visual studio 7.0 with mfc42.dll (instead of mfc70.dll) No. THis question comes up every few weeks. The answer is no. Not at all. Not possible. Forget it. joe On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 00:58:29 -0800, "mdeuerling@gsd-software.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can I use visual studio 7.0 with mfc42.dll (instead of >mfc70.dll) Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP] email: newcomer@flounder.com Web: http://www.flounder.com MVP Tips: http://www.flounder.com/mvp_tips.htm You might be able to do it if you dont use any of the new functionality and if you link w...

missing the menu bar
Office 2000 - Excel on a XP machine. The program runs fine but I have no menu bar. Tool bar exists. Someone must have change something but I don't know what. How can I restore the menu bar (File, Edit, View....) Thanks, Uzi 11-30-05 You are able to move the menu bar around.It's not sitting at the bottom, left or right of the screen? -- Greetings from New Zealand Bill K "uzidengineer" <uzib97@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1133375416.725387.262880@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Office 2000 - Excel on a XP machine. > The program runs fine but I have no m...

Manual Payments
I was wondering if there is a quicker way in Dynamics to input manual payments. We are running Realworld 8.0 concurrently with Dynamics for another month. The actual checks are being printed out of Realworld for now. To more quickly enter the data into Dynamics the client tried to use manual payments without entering Payables Transactions which left all the check amounts for a batch unapplied. Now in Dynamics we are entering in Payables Transactions and then doing manual payments to match the checks with the applied invoices with how they were paid in Realworld, (they may not pay all ...

SQL vs. VBA
I am learning (slowly) how and where to use VBA and SQL. I've noticed that some jobs can be done using either. For example, I can have a button with 'ON CLICK' code including the SQL fragment: UPDATE tblData SET Description = "Not Available" , but I can do the same thing with a Sub containing a code fragment like: With rstData Do While Not .EOF !Description = "Not Available" .Update .MoveNext Loop End With It seems like there are probably many jobs that can be done with VBA alone ...

Linux vs Windows Shootout in Houston
If anyone is interested...this coming first week of December 2004...we will be holding a Linux vs Windows config meeting. Goals: ------ (1) Which is really superior in terms of use and setup (2) Which is the fastest to setup - not using automation or scripts (a) Setup a domain (b) Setup VPN (c) Setup a Wireless Radius/VPN option (d) Setup a Database (e) Setup database with fully functional CMS solution (Plone vs. Sharepoint Portal or CMS) (f) Create a secure web site with SSL (g) few others...more coming up (3) Which can be supported by NON-Guru - smal...

Missing Table in Append Query Dropdown Menu
Damned if I've never noticed this before. I'm working a new project and created a Front-end/Back-end setup. Starting to get some data appended to a table and I run across this problem: When creating a append query, when I select the dropdown to choose what table to append to, the very first alphabetical table in the database does not show up on that dropdown. I tried relinking the table and then recreating the actual database. Then I played with some of my other databases, and sure enough...that append query table dropdown box will NOT show the first alphabetical table in that ...

2007 Ribbon Bar
Is there any way to hide or customize the 2007 ribbon bar to the same size as any older version of an access menubar? The size of the new ribbon bar forces my form to get cut off on the bottom of the screen. This has been getting many bad reviews from my users and either I need to redesign my form or find a way to get rid of the ribbon bar. I opt to go the easier route (if at all possible) of hiding the ribbon bar. On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 17:44:01 -0700, Secret Squirrel <secretsquirrel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Right click in the area where the tabs are, and choose "Minim...

List vs Object Array?
So I am currently programming an RPG video game for a fun side project. And originally I had intended the character's inventory to be an object array. But a friend of mine suggested using a list instead. I am only about an intermediate programmer and I haven't worked with lists before. I was hoping somebody could tell me what the differences and pros/cons are of using a List vs Object Array for my intended use. First of all, I wouldn't use an object[] per say, your inventory items should inherit a common base class so you can avoid constantly casting from object to ...

Money 2004 Entered Date vs. Actual
I currently operate MSMoney 2002 and am considering upgrading to 2004. One thing that I really don't like about 2004 is when I enter a bill to be paid for the upcoming month, it will show up in my budget as if I spent the money during the current month. Example: Pay mortgage on the 1st of Aug. - If I enter that request anytime in July, then when I get my monthly report, it will show that I spent the money in July. I'm hoping that 2004 will reflect the actual day the money is debited from my account and not the day I enter the request. Any thoughts or comments? I don't think ...

spam? vs not spam
I have several emails go directly into my deleted mail box because outlook thinks its spam. How do i tell it that this isnt spam (like on AOL you just push one button that says *this isnt spam*) I cant find where to do this for Outlook express. thanks Please also reply to Peaches3@cox.net as I may not find my way back here =) angel Are you using Outlook or Outlook Express? If Outlook, which version of Outlook? What antispam addin are you using? While there isn't a button that says "this isn't spam", Outlook 2003 lets you make messages as not junk when you use the junk...

Windows E-mail vs Outlook E-mail
I am using Windows E-mail for my e-mails. However, when I want to reply to a link to an e-mail address (eg. help@whatever), it reverts (?) to Outlook e-mail and won't let me send message. It says I need a certificate to sent a message from Outlook e-mail. How do I get it to stop doing that? What is a certificate for Outlook 2007 and do I have to pay for this certificate? Thank you gypsylady wrote: > I am using Windows E-mail for my e-mails. There is no such product. There is Outlook - the topic of THIS newsgroup. There is Windows Mail which is the e-mail client included i...

My excell tool/menu bar disappeared and I cant find it or get it
My excell tool bar / menu dissapeared and I can't get it back? any help? Hi Littkerl Do you see other toolbars on your screen ? You can reset your menubar to default Right click on a toolbar and choose customize Under Toolbars select the worksheet menu bar and click on reset If not post back -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Littkerl" <Littkerl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:10A45BDB-66FF-4916-8DA8-617298C1AB92@microsoft.com... > My excell tool bar / menu dissapeared and I can't get it back? any help? "Littkerl&qu...

How To: Ribbons
Hi, I want to create a custom ribbon menu but load it from code when the database starts (Autoexec), e.g. the ribbon menu is temporary in that I DON'T/CAN'T use the 'USysRibbons' table (ADP and all that, tables are stored in Oracle), so after I've connected to the Oracle server and created a recordset to the menu ribbon table that stores my XML, I then load my menu ribbons by using the code, While not rs.EOF Application.LoadCustomUI rs!MENU_RIBBON_NAME, rs!MENU_RIBBON_XML rs.movenext Wend So the question, what is the code that will hide the curre...

Excel 2003
This has me cofused to no end. I have two tables each with account numbers. In one table they are shown with a dash (123-456789), in the other, with nodash (123456789). Several of the account numbers actually have an alpha character (X04456789 / X04-456789). I have tried just about everything to get a good compare to no avail. Is there a surefire way to do a comparison? I can get the alpha-numeric nember to match but none of the others. Craig How do you want to compare them? 123456789 = numeric number 123-456789 = text string You can virtually "edit out" the dash but then you...

Money vs Quicken ?
Can anyone suggest which is better? Thanks! On zorianr@yahoo.com (Zorian) wrote: >Can anyone suggest which is better? >Thanks! I use both, both have their advantages. The reason I use both? Because I want my financial information on my HP680, to do that I have to use Money 2000, but in order to get the information on my Dell Axim I use Pocket Quicken. -------------------------------------------- To send me e-mail exorcise NO Spam from my e-mail address. -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =----- http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in ...

Getting menu handle from a floating menu bar
Hi All, I am launching many applications from my application in background. Say I launched MS Word. Now, I want the handle of the launched application. I have the handle to the mainframe window of newly launched application. I am able to get the menu pointer using CWnd::GetMenu() from the mainframe pointer. But this works only with the applications like Notepad and Adobe Reader where menu is the intigral part of the mainframe. Applications like MS Word and MS Excel have seperate docking windows for menu. At this time I am not able to get the menu from mainframe. For such application...

outlook vs OE
Why is my Outlook Express 100 times faster than Outlook? Do I need to do something to speed it up? When I reply to an email it sometimes takes 10 seconds for the thing to open. When I open the same email in OE it opens in less than a split second. thanks for the help in advance. What version of Outlook are you using? Outlook is usually slower than Outlook Express (OE is a bit less complex than Outlook). "Bacchus" <kdoye2112@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:RJCdnWnXpPHxH67eRVn-gg@rogers.com... > Why is my Outlook Express 100 times faster than Outlook? Do I nee...

excel vs. word which is better
ineed a comparision between word and excel Word is a word processor, XL is a spreadsheet. Word is better for word processing tasks, XL is better for spreadsheet tasks. There's some, but not much, overlap in their capabilities. What are you trying to do? In article <4A6DBC18-08D3-45D4-BF74-292E1F8D4CDD@microsoft.com>, "linda raye" <linda raye@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > ineed a comparision between word and excel A question like "Which is better?" depends upon what you are trying to do. Both are very useful tools for very different tasks...

Access form in 2003 vs Access form in 2007
I created an Access form in 2003 that contains 3 command buttons (like a switchboard). It works fine on my system but when I take it to a Vista machine with Access 2007 nothing works. Any suggestions? -- FKB Thanks Beetle, worked like a charm. Not quite the correct instructions but close enough that I could wing it the rest of the way. I'll be careful how I fish the beetle next summer. -- FKB "AR trout fisherman" wrote: > I created an Access form in 2003 that contains 3 command buttons (like a > switchboard). It works fine on my system but when I take it to a Vis...

2-dim arrays vs. 1-dim ?
Hi, I have 2 arrays: BYTE array1[20]; // 1 dimensional BYTE array2[10][2]; // 2 dimensional Both now can hold 20 bytes. But are they stored in the same order in memory? In other words, can I safely use memcpy in such a way that: ASSERT( sizeof(array1)==sizeof(array2) ); // shouldn't assert, right? memcpy(array2,array1,sizeof(array1)); // copy array1 to array2 memcpy(array1,array2,sizeof(array2)); // copy it back So I'm wondering if when using memcpy, I may assume array2 is identical to array1 (structure wise). Lisa It all depends. Both of your arrays look the s...

Outlook 2007 Ribbon
Hi I have just installed Outlook 2007 at home and everything is fine. I have upgraded at work and there is now ribbon. I am looking to roll this out across the organisation and want consistency of interface. Is there a way to turn the ribbon on when upgrading? TJ "TJ" <noreply@nothere.com.de.fr> wrote in message news:eXZNaXUdIHA.4196@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi > > I have just installed Outlook 2007 at home and everything is fine. I have > upgraded at work and there is now ribbon. I am looking to roll this out > across the organisation and want c...