References and Citations

I have microsoft home and student, and my Manage Sources, Style and
Bibliography are all shaded grey and i cant use them! I have to work cite my
paper  due in two days but i cant insert a citation!!
HELP PLEASE!!!!!!

Cell Value as Named Range Reference
Little bit of a quirky question... Trying to use a cell value as a reference in a formula, where that cell value is the name of a named range. So, assume A1:A3 is a named range: Rng1. And, B1:B3 is Rng2. I want to get the correlation vale for A1:A3 and B1:B3 So, cell D1 contains "Rng1" and D2 has "Rng2"; and cell D3 has the formula: =correl(D1,D2). But I get an error. Have also tried using Indirect to no avail. Any help would be hugely appreciated. Thank you. =CORREL(INDIRECT(D1),INDIRECT(D2)) -- Wigi http://www.wimgielis.be = Excel/VBA, soccer and music "ste...

Need to reference a block of cells from another sheet.
Dear All, apologies if this is probably a mundane question, but I didn't know what 'search terms' to put in google to return any results.. I've got a Spreadsheet with 12 tabs (sheets), I need part of tab 12 (sheet) to appear on tabs 1-11 (sheets), so that if I change data in tab 12 (sheet), tabs 1-11 (sheets) are changed too.. the cells themselves will never move location, just the data within them.. Is it possible? Regards Paul. On your sheet1 select the cell that should receive the data from Sheet12; Hold down the Shift key and Click on Sheet11 << this shoul...

refering to a name range area as a reference value multiple times on a worksheet at different locations
i was wondering if i had posted this in the right section as it could apply to both please could you take a look at the following post http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel.misc/browse_thread/thread/f088a5737dd26570 thank you Is there some reason you can't post your question here instead of asking us to look elsewhere? -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "Blinds Nottingham" <bradrail.blinds.awnings@googlemail.com> wrote in message news:d8768e43-e035-45eb-856a-0ccdc843441d@g1g2000yqi.googlegroup...

What is IVA# in Distribution Reference and Reference?
We did an inventory adjustment and now we get a unknown amount in Debit under the Inventory account and Credit for COGS account in the Transaction Entry Zoom. We're trying to figure out where that amount came from but we couldn't zoom more than what it's currently shown. In both fields, Reference and Distribution Reference, it's shown IVA#######... that is unknown to or setup by us in anywhere, i.e. Audit Trail, Source Document. Does this amount affect the dollar in the accounts mentioned? And can anyone please help to where we could drill down the IVA details?...

macro button refers to prev. workbook?
Hi, When I create a macro in Excel, and assign a button to it, it works fine the first time, but when I re-open the workbook for a second time, and try to run the macro again, the macro seems to refer to the previous workbook...For some reason, the macro saves the name of the previous workbook... Sub test() ' Dim name As String Dim adress As String Sheets("sheet1").Select Range("A1").Select name = ActiveSheet.Range("B6").Value adress = ActiveSheet.Range("B4").Value ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:="C:\WINDOWS\Desktop\Temp...

Column and Row reference
How do i hide the column and row reference number in a sheet, when viewing the worksheet i do not to show the top and right hand side references Dave Tools>Options>View. Uncheck "row and column headers". Good idea to spend a few minutes browsing through the various Tools>Options tabs to see what else is available to toggle on/off. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 15:53:02 -0700, "Dave" <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do i hide the column and row reference number in a sheet, when viewing the worksheet i do not to show the top an...

Missing References
I had a problem today with a missing reference - Microsoft Forms 2 on a colleague's machine at work (Office 2003; VBA 6.5; XP). I've read Chip Pearson's "Missing References in VBA" which is a geat explanation about how to fix problems like this. Oddly the library didn't seem to be flagged as "missing" and was in fact present in the system32 directory but didn't show up in the list of available references. Now to the questions: I'm not clear on whether if I write code in a project that references a library which is not part of the &qu...

Reference
Is it possible to create a reference to another object such as: int & x = i; but using an image list, and referencing different objects depending on a condition? such as : CImageList & imageList; if (thumbnail == 1) imageList = m_ImageListThumb; else imageList = m_ImageListFullSize; Hope this makes sense! Ben You're better off using pointers for this. I believe, depending on the class, that what you're trying to will make a copy of the object instead of referencing it. "Ben Williamson" <oakdaleclose@googlemail.com> wrote in message news:43ee4603...

Cut and Paste in Citation Tool
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I am not able to paste text into the citation tool in Word 2008. Does anyone know if this is an error or if there is a fix or is that just the way the program is built? <br> Thanks, <br> Mark Elliott Have you tried using the Paste keystroke: Command+V ? HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 1/17/10 7:22 PM, in article 59bb122e.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "MWElliott@officeformac.com" <MWElliott@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow L...

Macro to Reference Column Next to Current Reference
Hi, I'd like to automate the following procedure using a macro. Please help. 1) i have 2 sheets: Sheet1 & Sheet2 2) In Sheet1, Cells B2,D2,F2 has the formulas "=Sheet2! F2", "=Sheet2!K2", "=Sheet2!P2" correspondingly. 3) Every month when i do my work, i'd have to manually rekey the formulas to reference the subsequent columns, ie, Cell B2,D2,F2 will change from above to "=Sheet2! G2", "=Sheet2!L2", "=Sheet2!Q2" and in the following month, I have to change manually again to "=Sheet2! H2", "=Sheet2!M2&qu...

Sheet Reference
Is there a formula for listing the current Sheet. I know about the filename cell("filename",A1) which returns the entire path, but I just want the Sheet name to appear. John, You still use the CELL("filename") function, but you need to trim the result a bit. Like this: =MID(CELL("filename"),FIND("]",CELL("filename"))+1,99) -- Ture Magnusson Microsoft MVP - Excel Karlstad, Sweden "John" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0c6001c3a856$291c9a20$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a formula for listing...

R1C1 reference #2
Excel keeps changing to the R1C1 reference style, but only in one of my workbooks (I believe in just one of the worksheets). I keep changing it back (Tools - Options - General - R1C1 Reference Style), but when I move or copy cells in the workbook, it changes back to R1C1. Anyone have an idea? Look at the TOOLS / OPTIONS / SETTINGS is the 'R1C1 References Style' box checked? If not, check it then save the workbook. Not sure if this is your issue but it's worth a try. Good Luck, -- Gary Brown gary.DeleteThis2SendMeAnEmail.Brown@kinneson.com "Tony S" wrote: > Ex...

How do I Shorten Object References?
ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Vessel") I'm always referring to this Sheet and Sheet "Operations" I've seen code where people shorten the objects... How exactly do I do that? Dim ws as worksheet set ws = ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Vessel") ws.Range("A1").value = "Shorten" "Benjamin" wrote: > ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Vessel") > I'm always referring to this Sheet and Sheet "Operations" > I've seen code where people shorten the objects... > How exactly do I do that? Benjamin, Here's ...

reference to circular reference bug
I just discovered something that looks like a new excel bug: to reproduce behaviour: 1. open a new workbook; 2. activate circular references; 3. enter those formulas: B4 <- formula is =B5 B5 <- formula is =1+SE(B6;0;1) B6 <- formala is =(B5=2) B7 <- formula is =B5 (same as B4!!!) (NB: SE() this is the standard IIF() function in the italian version of excel;) What's wrong: B4 and B7, will display different results even if they contain the same formula. The result displayed depends on the position of the cell conataining the formula: if it is on the left or above B5 the result...

Getting the cell reference
How can I automatically/ continously get the cell reference to the last cell in a particular column, that contains text? Any help would be appreciated! *Thanks. :) * -- DuncanG ------------------------------------------------------------------------ DuncanG's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16398 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=277691 Hi see for various methods depending on your data structure and performance requirements: http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.LastValue.html "DuncanG" wrote: >...