Recovering a file in Word 2007

I have been composing a blog entry on my new HP Mini computer. I
worked several days on the document and several hours yesterday. I
physically saved (pressed the save button) when I finished working on
it yesterday.
This morning I only have the material I wrote on the 13^th ..nothing
is left from yesterday.! I'm using a trial version of MS Word 2007
and I have MS XP Opsys.. Any hints on recovering it? I've tried the
typical search function and only get the old doc. LP

--
lfpevec
lfpevec's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/155133.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

0
lfpevec

outlook xp recovered data - from CD
I just received a CD with all of my recovered outlook xp data from a failed hard drive: how do I move/copy/transfer the recovered Calendar, address book and contacts, personal folders, and emails from the data recovery CD to my existing Outlook folders? Where does that data reside on my new hard drive (windows xp pro oper system)? Would very much appreciate any help. Thanks. "kevinh" <kevin.hefner@aps.com> wrote in message news:0c7601c3b8f4$d417b3c0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I just received a CD with all of my recovered outlook xp > data from a failed hard drive: ho...

word 2002 to work with vista
I can't get word 2002 to work on my vista its says have have to change the association preferences. Can anyone help me with that? I am not very computer savvy so i will need step by step instructions. Pleaseeeeeeeeeeee i really need this to work ...

How do you recover a parameter?
Hello, I would like to execute an excel file, for example, with a file name file.xls zz.txt And afterwards, in that file, I would like to recover the name zz.txt. Could you please help me? Thanks. Dave, I'm not sure what you mean by "execute" the Excel file, or "recover the name." It sounds as though you want to make a txt file from the xls file. If so, you'll need to open it in Excel, then do File - Save As, with the file type set to txt. -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com ----------------------------------------------------------------------- &...

Recover live calendars?
Someone was helping me cleanup an old laptop and they deleted important calendars from my WLM. I have months worth of appointments and need some help/instructions. Thanks (I hope) Did you sign in to Live services in WLM? It will not say Sign in below the Close X if you are signed in. calendar.live.com will have the calendars that will sync back to WLM the next time you connect with WLM. -- Ron Sommer MS MVP- Windows Live Mail "nimbus" <nimbus@live.com> wrote in message news:CDFEEBEA-D031-4B0B-AECC-58F904E3E601@microsoft.com... > Someone was helping ...

Can't view files with latest beta2 refresh #2
I downloaded the latest Beta2 refresh and now I cant access any of my word and publisher docs. It says "can't find file" or some such thing. I thought I read somewhere that the view and print functions in the latest refresh have been disabled. This is MOST inconvenient as every piece of business on my hard drive is now useless....is there any way of fixing this? Yes, you've said that already. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Fabman" <Fabman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D9FD0DA9-F0DF-4CFF-ACB9-8207333DEBE7@microsoft.co...

File Locked for Editting.
We have a network running on server 2003, client machines are all Windows XP SP1. I have a user that consistently when opening .xls files that are stored on the server, gets the popup message, <filename> is locked for editting by 'user'. The odd thing is, the 'user' is the user that is opening that file.. and she does not have it open allready. Also, the open and close time of her files are a lot slower than they should be. Any ideas? Justin One possible cause....... Excel stores in Windows\Temp(win98) folder a copy(s) of any file that is open. Sometimes this *....

using Word as my e-mail editor
By choice, I have Word as my e-mail editor in Outlook 2002. When I open a regular Word document from within the Word e-mail editor, it does so in a new window. Does anyone know if it's possible to open a Word document directly into the Word e-mail editor message area, instead of a separate window--which then requires a copy /paste procedure? Thanks in advance. Alex No, you cannot as when you are using a new Word document, it is not connected to your email account usage of Wordmail. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. D...

Drag and Drop from 2007 Excel and Word File Open and File Save win
One one of our Windows XP SPK3 computers were running Office 2007. When ever your using Word or Excel and you use either the File Open or File Save commands and the Windowed Dialog Box appears with your file and folder listings it will not let you move or drag and drop a file from one location to another. Lets say you have 3 Sub Folders in My Documents ( Folder 1, Folder 2 and Folder 3 each containing files.) You notice while in the File / Open or File / Save Dialog Box window that their are several files which currently reside in the My Documents folder but should be in say ...

Recover !!
Ok i updated my old outlook and because it was too much for my system (like all windows updates) i uninstalled oulook then reinstalled the old version now i have none of my old emails and there not in my hotmail either and they were going into both, hotmail and my outlook ~ so can anyone help me? or is it lost forever What is the version of your old Outlook? Try to search *.pst file "Robin" <rwtsr1@msn.com> wrote in message news:cb4101c48a4c$21dfd000$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Ok i updated my old outlook and because it was too much > for my system (like all windows upda...

How to I set page 1 of 6 in Word?
In a multi-page document, I want "Page 1 of 6" in the footer, or if the document gets longer page 1 or 7 or page 1 of 8. Use the fields "Page" and "NumPages". The first will display the number of the page you are on, the second will display the totall number of pages in your document. Assuming Word 2007, you can insert fields through the "Insert" tab, "Quick Parts" button, "Field..." Yves "Ted" <Ted@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:138C9DDA-6643-4337-B34D-FC10BC2311FD@microsoft.com....

"File Format is not valid" message
Hi there, I have a spreadsheet that I've been using successfully. I don't recall anything that might have caused file corruption. However, now, when I try to open the file, I get the message "File Format is not valid". But, the excel icon is shown and in a file list, it's displayed as type Excel. Any ideas how I can open this file?? Thanks in advance. The message you sent later appears to have been to cancel this post you said it was a Word file with an .xls file extension. Opening an Excel file in word is one way of destroying an Excel file. If that is the ...

how do I update automatically other worksheets in a file
Each week I enter sales 4 products in sheet1.With a column per week and row per product. Below this I have a cumulative total 2date for each product. Sheets 2-6 have results 4 each of the previous 5 years and also a similar table showing the cumulative total 2date.Sheets 7 -11 compare performance between successive years.Sheet,12, shows results 2date for each product & each of the 6 years. At present I enter current figures in sheet 1,then go to sheets2-6 and alter the sum formula for each row to cover the same number of weeks as on sheet 1. Simlarly I have to go to the comparisions...

Help! I accidentally deleted emails that I desperately need to recover... Any suggestions please?
Desperate here! I have used LACIE back up, does it save emails? Many thanks! On 1/26/10 10:20 AM, in article C7847266.27FB9%gavin@kerner.com, "Gavin Wilding" <gavin@kerner.com> wrote: > Desperate here! I have used LACIE back up, does it save emails? It depends on what you backed up. Without more details, we can't help. You can use Switch Identity to access data in a second Identity. -- Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP Entourage Help Page <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/> Entourage Help Blog <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/> YouTalk <...

OL '02 merge PST files
How can I merge a PST file from another computer into my outlook? Both versions are the same (2002). Wanted some advice before trying and messing it up!! Thanks If the PCs are connected via a network link, copy the file over and either open it in Outlook (File | Open | Outlook Data File) and drag the folders/messages into your existing personal folders. If they're not connected, you'll have to find alternate means of getting the file over. If you end up burning it to a CD, make sure you copy it from the CD to the target machine and uncheck the read-only attribute in the file's...

Opening multiple files separately
When opening multiple excel files they used to all open in separate versions of Excel which was great because then I could easily Alt-Tab between them. Now all of a sudden when ever I open new excel files by double clicking the name they open in the same Excel program but as a separate window. This is a real pain because it's hard to cycle through them and they keep minimizing whenever I maximize another one. I haven't changed any settings that I know of, is there a way to get each file to open separately again? -- pjyelton -------------------------------------------------------...

convert 2002 Money file to 2008 Money file
I have a new Windows 7 computer and have moved my 2002 Money file from my old computer to My Documents on the new computer. I have downloaded a trial version of Money Essentials (2008) thinking I could convert my 2002 Money file to a 2008 Money file before converting the 2008 Money file to a Quicken file. However, when I try to open my 2002 Money file in Money Essentials I get the message "Money Essentials is unable to open files from other versions of Money." I had understood that it should have been able to open the file. How do I convert my Money 2002 file to a...

Access 2007 command button
I converted and 03 app to an 07. I haven't changed any code just yet. I have added a command button to open another form just as I have done in the past. For some reason, when I click the button, the app does nothing. I've set a breakpoint at the start of sub and try clicking the button. I do not even get to the breakpoint, I get nothing. Sound like a reference problem but not sure. Can anyone tell me what the default reference files are for 2007? Did you 'trust' de directory where the db resdes within the trustcenter of 2007. Also did you enable the macro sett...

Copy file to all users desktop directory
I have a d:\users folder on my server. inside users, each user has a folder named with their name. inside each of those folders is a desktop folder. I have a file on the C drive that I need to copy to each of those desktop folders, thereby giving each user this shortcut. Does anyone have a script that could do that, instead of me copying this file manually a few hundred times? many thanks if you do! ...

File in Use Alert
Now that we have migrated to Office 2007 we are not getting the file in use alert with publisher. if someone opens a pub file from the network and then someone else opens the same file there is no alert like in Word or Excel. The file does open in Read only mode but if your not paying attention and look at the title bar on top you wouldn't know it. How do you enable the file in use alert in Publisher 2007? TIA, Terry ...

Continuing problmes with chkdsk and PST file
My PST file is apparently corrupted, with "Data error, cyclic redundancy check" upon starting Outlook. As per earlier advice, i ran chkdsk /r. But, chkdsk hangs. The % done on phase 4, file data check, was moving along at 1% per every 1 to 5 minutes. Then, at exactly 50%, it just stopped moving. I left it for a few hours, but no further progress (so i interrupted it). The disk light was on continually, but no progress in % complete. Also, if scanpst.exe is run, windows crashes (blue screen). So, are there any further suggestions? Is there any disk utility more robust t...

Recover Unsaved
I need help. Excel closed without saving what I was working on now I need to recover it.... You do not say how Excel closed or what version you are using. The later versions have an AutoRecover feature. If you closed Excel without saving the file, you may not be able to recover. -- Damon Longworth Don't miss out on the 2005 Excel User Conference Sept 16th and 17th Stockyards Hotel - Ft. Worth, Texas www.ExcelUserConference.com "Tori" <Tori@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8F64C96B-62FD-430D-A27A-DF00A9AA64D0@microsoft.com... >I need help. Exce...

The sheet path file name ?
Hi all , How can i edit in a cell a formula to retrieve the whole path of th sheet and not only the file ! Thank you veru much -- gaftali ----------------------------------------------------------------------- gaftalik's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=645 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=48453 If you can use a UDF in your workbook then you could use one like so Function FullPath() As String Application.Volatile True FullPath = ThisWorkbook.FullName End Function -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Sout...

Recover junk mail
How can I recover all of my mail from the junk mail folder that I mistakenly just deleted? afaik...locally emptying or purging the junk mail folder is permanent in WLM(and also if using WLM for http access to a Hotmail account). If Pop3, access the web server holding the account to determine if the messages are present(ymmv) in the web Deleted folder. -- ...winston ms-mvp mail "Justin" <Justin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:18654186-1254-4406-9DAF-22B213E775D4@microsoft.com... > How can I recover all of my mail from the junk mail fold...

Can't view files with latest beta refresh
I downloaded the latest Beta2 refresh and now I cant access any of my word and publisher docs. It says "can't find file" or some such thing. I thought I read somewhere that the view and print functions in the latest refresh have been disabled. This is MOST inconvenient as every piece of business on my hard drive is now useless....is there any way of fixing this? Fabman wrote: > I downloaded the latest Beta2 refresh and now I cant access any of my word > and publisher docs. It says "can't find file" or some such thing. I thought I > read somewhere tha...

File Locked for editing--not
A user has a file that shows a dialog claiming that the file is "locked for editing" and you can open read-only or elect to get notified when it is closed. But the person who supposedly has it open is himself! We logged off and on and still the problem persists. How does Excel lock files? How can it be overidden? -mjm Maybe this from Debra Dalgleish's site will help: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#ReadOnly mike montagne wrote: > > A user has a file that shows a dialog claiming that the file is "locked > for editing" and you can open read...