Recent documents displayed

My 07 word and excel are suddenly no longer displaying most recently viewed
documents . . . any ideas why?

"Randy Brown" <RandyBrown@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My 07 word and excel are suddenly no longer displaying most recently
> viewed
> documents . . . any ideas why?

In Word do Office Button-Word Options-Advanced and scroll down to Display.
What is the value of the "Show this number of recent Documents" set to?

0
Gordon

Creating a new document by adding other documents
I am using word 2007. I need to create a new single document from three existing documents. All docs are word 2003. Also how do I lock each page in the documents from changing when editing? I'd use the Insert File dialog box (Insert tab | Object | Text from File in Word 2007) to bring the documents together; that will also give you a "preview" of which format changes (if any) that you may have to deal with in the process. On the other hand, if you want to preserve formatting (as indicated by your final question), it would be easier to create three PDFs and then ...

report convert to sanpshot or word document color
I have a report and I change the font color when the value reach some criteria which works fine in the MS Access report. It changes the whole column font color when I send email and convert to Sanpshot, Excel or Word documents. Any workaorund for this? Your help is great appreciated, ...

Document Properties
Any idea of how I can get the document properties of an Excel worksheet to print? You can place the properties you want on a empty sheet and print it Run this macro on a empty sheet Sub test() rw = 1 Worksheets(1).Activate For Each p In ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties On Error Resume Next Cells(rw, 1).Value = p.Name Cells(rw, 2).Value = p.Value rw = rw + 1 On Error GoTo 0 Next End Sub -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "Sandi" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:015e01c3b000$ac6a1db0...

Most Recent
Good afternoon, I'm trying to run a query that will only pull the most recent entry. I have my table set up with a field (Auto-Number) i just don't know how to make it pull the most recent entry (only). thank you for your help. Autonumbers are not a 100% guaranteed to be sequential so that could be a problem. If you want to be almost 100% sure, you need a field in your table that has a data type of Date/Time and a default value of Now(). You can try the autonumber field with something like: SELECT TOP 1 YourTable.* FROM YourTable ORDER BY YourTable.Autonumber_Field DESC; ...

IF there any free API to convert XML Documents to CVS?
Dear All, Access 2002 w/SP3 Access 2003 w/SP2 Windows XP Pro w/SP2 i am trying to find a API to convert convert XML Documents to CVS Thanks in advance for any help you can provide me Regards Antonio Macias "rebelscum0000" <piiixp@jedikeeper.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:cca79148-a9ee-424e-903a-0072f437d2d0@s37g2000prg.googlegroups.com... > Dear All, > Access 2002 w/SP3 > Access 2003 w/SP2 > Windows XP Pro w/SP2 > > i am trying to find a API to convert convert XML Documents to CVS > > Thanks in advance for any help you can provide me > > Re...

CAN I OPEN A PUBLISHER 95 DOCUMENT IN PUBLISHER 98 VERSION
CAN I OPEN A PUBLISHER 95 DOCUMENT IN PUBLISHER 98 VERSION SHONA wrote: > CAN I OPEN A PUBLISHER 95 DOCUMENT IN PUBLISHER 98 VERSION Lose the caps. It's considered yelling, is incredibly rude and makes your posts very hard to read. If you're having problems, ditch NAV. -- In memory of MS MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/ (1) Lower your caps. It's considered rude, as if you are shouting. (2) Have you tried? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "SHONA" <SHONA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E42036DF-1475-437E-9D3D-4A4B98...

2003 word documents
These open and close very slowly indeed. If I close an open document it does so as mormal but if I exit the word doc application is is slow slow. First it closes the word from screen followed by a grey screen for some seconds. I have checked hard ware and ok. I don't have any viruses and AVG have cleared it so anyone know what to do next? Thanks -- Abandoned & orphaned children belong in families you might try testing word via safe mode. -- db·´¯`·...¸><)))º> DatabaseBen, Retired Professional - Systems Analyst - ...

Excel Documents Don't Appear in My Recent Documents
I use Office XP. Word, Publisher, and Power Point documents all appear in 'My Recent Documents' on the Start menu ... but Excel documents never do. The default setting for saving my Excel documents is Documents and Settings/My User Name/My Documents. Any ideas as to what is wrong and how I can correct it? Thank you. Go to <>tools<>options<>general and have a look at setting for "recently used files list" -- Greetings from New Zealand Bill K "Addi" <Addi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B7F175A8-4E58-4367-B78B-FBD45...

Displaying text but the cell needs a numeric value??
Hi guys I,m trying to design a rota for work and have very little exce knowledge, so I hope you can help. What I want to do is the following..... The Rota has a key which describes the different shifts etc Evening 4pm - 10pm Afternoon 2pm - 10pm What I want is to display the key as "E" for the evening shift but have an underlying value of 6 to use i equations. Then I could copy this to every evening shift slot. I hope that makes sense to someone, and I hope you can help. Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Format>Cells>Number>Custom "E...

Not in Recent Docs
W2K Why dont my Visio 2000 docs appear in Recent Docs? Is it only your Visio files that don't show up? They should appear if you save them again, even if you don't make any changes. ...

making a document print in black & white

Entourage
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange My entourage is not displaying any message that have an image (attached or inserted in the message body) All other messages are OK. <br><br>I can see the messages with picture when I check through the webmail. Only in Entourage this problem. On 3/17/10 4:57 AM, vindreams@officeformac.com wrote: > My entourage is not displaying any message that have an image > (attached or inserted in the message body) All other messages are > OK. > > I can see the messages w...

retrieval of one note documents
I was trying to save a powerpoint I had downloaded into One Note the other day that included additional notes I had added and for some reason it didn't save correctly and the information was lost. Is there any way to retrieve the documents with the notes I added? Is there any other way to search in one note other than searching "all notebooks" using keywords? Thanks I would suggest asking your question in either a PowerPoint or One Note newsgroup. This has nothing to do with Word. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publish...

How do I display search terms in report?
Hi, I would like to know how to include my query parameters into my report. For example, if I search a flower database for "pink" and "blue" I'd like a report which gives me all the corresponding flowers and specifies which for search term each was found. (ie. rose- pink; lilac- blue; etc) Thanks! On the form you use to open the report, create an unbound text box called "txtParameters". Set txtparameters.visible=false Use code to fill in the value of txtparameters as the user chooses what they want a report of. Create a control in the header of your re...

How do I hyperlink directly to a section within a Word Document?
I have the need to provide html hyperlinks on our SharePoint portal that will open a Word document and go directly to specific section. I've tried creating anchored links to bookmarks within Word (docx format) but only get as far as having the document open (with a uri like http://portal/requirements.docx#anchor) but it doesn't navigate to the bookmark. Since some of these documents can be quite large, jumping directly to the use case is important. Has anyone else successfully done something like this? Any help is appreciated, Don ...

How to insert document property into excel field
Hi - quick (and possibly stupid) question: I cannot for the life of me figure out how to insert a document property (e.g., Author, Title etc) into an excel spreadsheet. In word I'd do this by clicking on Insert->Field, but there appears to be no correlation in Excel. Is it possible to do this? If so, can anyone enlighten me? Thanks in advance aMc vrth4hqlr4l001 at sneakemail dot com Check out at file-properties. >-----Original Message----- >Hi - quick (and possibly stupid) question: > >I cannot for the life of me figure out how to insert a document property >(e...

Group Policy to govern Font and typeface on all company Documents
Windows 2003 server SP2, Office 2007, Exchange 2003 SP2. There is a company need to ensure that all locally created documents on Word, Powerpoint, excel be with Arial font and 10 Pt. Can this be accomplished with a Group policy? If so how? If not, what would you recommend? Hello Andy3691, You have to use scripting solutions to modify the normal.dotm file. Check the following links about some ways: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/winserverDS/thread/43e095d1-e0bc-40af-a1fb-0070621e7fc7 http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/office2007deployment/thread...

Anybody recently gotten IActiveDesktop to work?
I am trying to resolve the IActiveDesktop 'undeclared identifier' error and I've tried everything I've ever found in googled posts with no success. Just including "shlobj.h" doesn't work. Including "wininet.h" before "shlobj.h" doesn't work. Undef'ing the IE version and manually defining it to 0x400 doesn't work (tried before including wininet.h and shlobj.h) Et cetera... Anyone... Bueller...? WTH Answer is: You MUST define wininet.h BEFORE afxdisp.h otherwise you can't define IActiveDesktop vis shellobj.h. G...

Outlook errors after recent patches
I am having the Outlook has encountered errors on many of my SFO users. I have contacted MS and was given hotfix 931270. I applied to my CRM Server as instructed, but this client side patch will not install on any of my systems? It comes back telling me that I do not have permissions to update Windows (if run by domain user w/ local admins) or if I run as a domain admin it comes back telling me the installed version is different than the version the update is trying to apply? CRM 3.0.5300.0 Will the Vista compatible SFO resolve this problem? Also i am not running Rollup1 on the serv...

calculating and displaying time
i need to enter some time info. and calculate my findings. For som reason i am having trouble. how do i format my cell to display time?? EX. I enter 655 -- I want to see 6:55 second how can i calc time EX start 6:55 end 7:10 ANS 1 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com On Mon, 7 Jun 2004 10:27:07 -0500, matmich <<matmich.17hlb5@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote: >i need to enter some time info. and calculate my findings. For some >reason i am having trouble. how do i format my cell to display time?? > >EX. I enter 655 -- I want to see 6:55 > > ...

Excel document building
Hi. I have some information from a source (XML or DB) i need to put in an excel file by means of java(jexcel) or .NET applications. My problem is that i have no fixed template. Can someone give me an advice on make this? Is there an easy way to build templates and using them by means of software code? Thanks... ...

Scanned Documents
I am looking for software that will allow me to scan a spreadsheet into Excel and then manipulate the data. Most documents scan into Word and the columns created require so much work that it is easier to recreate in Excel. Suggestions? Linda - You need Optical Character Reader (OCR) software like OmniPage Pro. When you scan using this software, you can define what to expect - like Table format, List, do not scan this area, etc. When the software expects a table, it will import it as a table (columns, rows) Hope this helps, Carole >-----Original Message----- >I am lookin...

Recent List
It would be useful to have a 'Recent' drop down list in all clients that showed maybe the last four accounts, last four contact, last four, cases, last four opporunities viewed for a particular user. Sage CRM MME does this quite well. It would also be good if this list could take into account any custom entities that were added to the system. -- Kev Kevin Whittingham Concentrix Limited, UK ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button ...

Define a development approach to Parse/Load/Search an XML document of size ~1GB
Hi All i have given a problem set in which i need to parse/load/search a xml document of near about 1 GB in dot net. Please help me in this also do not have the luxury to dump the data into a relational database Sandeep *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** Sandeep Akhare wrote: > i have given a problem set in which i need to parse/load/search a xml > document of near about 1 GB in dot net. XmlReader (respectively XmlTextReader in .NET 1.x) parses XML of any size in a forwards only pull parsing mode node by node so memory consumption by the reade...

expanded comments on documents
I would like to have the ability to put lengthy transaction descriptions on documents and in GL transactions. Currently, description fields are limited in the GL. Additionally, notes/comments can be lengthy, but report fields for them are limited in the number of characters that appear on the reports. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Mic...