question about data from excel to work

I am trying to take input from an excel sheet and mailmerge it to
word....the thing is I want to make it so from here on out ..if I change
something in the excel sheet it automatically updates on word as
well..if not a mail merger what can I use ?

--
Pooja Kamdar
0

Hi Pooja Kamdar,

You can link the Word document to the Excel workbook, so that any changes in the Excel workbook will be reflected in the Word
document. To do this:
1. copy the source range in the Excel workbook
2. in the Word document, use Edit|Paste Special > Paste Link and choose the paste format you want to use.
In Word, you have the option to set a 'update automatic links at open' setting, which will ensure the Word document always opens
with the latest updates to the Excel workbook.

--
Cheers
macropod

"Pooja Kamdar" <Pooja.Kamdar.5bf7a16@officefrustration.com> wrote in message news:Pooja.Kamdar.5bf7a16@officefrustration.com...

> I am trying to take input from an excel sheet and mailmerge it to
> word....the thing is I want to make it so from here on out ..if I change
> something in the excel sheet it automatically updates on word as
> well..if not a mail merger what can I use ?
>

> --
> Pooja Kamdar

0
macropod

Outlook 2003 Cache Mode not working
Hello, I have a problem with one of my users using Exchange 2003 Cached mode. He can't see all the mail in his inbox, anything after last friday is not there. However if he uses OWA he can see all his email, if he uses Outlook 2003 not in cached mode he can see all his mail. I tried setting his account up on a different system and get exactly the same problem. We are running Exchange 2000 Ent. Hopefully domebody has seen thjis before and can offer a solution. Many thanks Nick In news:E62A0664-EF57-432B-9877-7E0007D8DE7B@microsoft.com, Nick Nack <NickNack@discussions.microso...

Backup question

Excel 97 quote calculations #2
Hi Jackie! You could try extending the IF statement. I don't know whether it will work in Excel 97 as I have only used Excel 2000, but here it is: =IF(B4<40000,293.75,IF(B4<80000,323.13)) and so on. Hope it works. Satyajit No basic worksheet functions have been added in recent versions, your approach would work even in Excel 4 (and probably earlier). However, you can have only 7 levels of nested functions in any version. A VLOOKUP table would be much more flexible in terms of the number of rates you could choose among. Jerry Satyajit Bhagwat wrote: > Hi Jackie! &g...

I want to save an Excel file in "Pipe Delimited" (instead of csv).
I want to save my Excel file as "Pipe Delimited" (instead of csv) or else, if csv, then all values from a column to be enclosed in double quotes and not just the ones which have a comma in their values. See www.cpearson.com/excel/imptext.htm for details and example code. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "J�Zee" <J�Zee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:846F5BD4-D8AF-41C6-B474-B788AEFF188D@microsoft.com... >I want to save my Excel file as "Pipe Delimited" (instead o...

ISINTEG not working
I am running EX2003 sp2. I am trying to use ISINTEG. No matter how i run it I only get the help menu to show up. I have seen several newsgroup articles but none have worked. What should I do? On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 14:37:02 -0700, Brillmike <brillmike@yahoo.com> wrote: >I am running EX2003 sp2. I am trying to use ISINTEG. No matter how i run it I >only get the help menu to show up. I have seen several newsgroup articles but >none have worked. What should I do? What exact command are you using? isinteg -s itlab -test -priv -test alltest i have tried all and any combinatio...

how SIN, COS and TAN works on sql server
I ran this: declare @f float set @f = 30 select sin(@f) and got -0.988031624092862 What is this? "Roy Goldhammer" <royg@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eRKvnY0#KHA.5476@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > I ran this: > > declare @f float > > set @f = 30 > > select sin(@f) > > and got -0.988031624092862 > > What is this? > > The values for SIN, COS, and TAN are in radians, not degrees. You are seeing the value of SIN(30 radians), which is correct. -- Dan "Dan" <news@worldofspack.com...

a question and a question

IF AND question

IE8 privacy question

Question about Paste Special

Microsoft Query question

Question

OWA Question #16

Text Box Question

Open CSV file by double-click on explorer all data in one column
Hi, I have a Windows NT with Excel 97. I have a very simple csv file containing: 1;2;3 When I open this test.csv file from File->Open in Excel it renders the data in three different columns. If I open the file by double-clicking in explorer it launches Excel and the data if confined in the first column. It seems as if it doesn't do the same when opening in both ways. Any hint? What do you have for your windows list separator? Close excel windows start button|settings|control panel|Regional and language options Click the customize button Numbers Tab List separator Make sure it ma...

capture numerical data
I want to capture some numerical data from the website. For example, temperature of an observatory. How can I do it using C++ or using MFC library? Thank you very much! How is the data made available? WIthout that specification, no solution can be proposed. joe On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 11:42:03 +0800, "Dam" <yatyat11@yahoo.com> wrote: >I want to capture some numerical data from the website. For example, >temperature of an observatory. How can I do it using C++ or using MFC >library? >Thank you very much! > Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP] email: newcomer@flounder.co...

VBA//Oracle Interfacing Question

401K questions

If / Then Question

Pie chart source data
The "Source Data" menu item is greyed out for my pie chart. Is there any way to confirm the source of the data that is driving the pie chart? I would rahter not utilize a "trial-and-error" method. Thanks Select the chart and click on one of the wedges. In the formula bar (above the column labels), there is a formula which tells where the data came from. It looks like this: =SERIES(Sheet1!$B$1,Sheet1!$A$2:$A$6,Sheet1!$B$2:$B$6,1) where the four arguments refer to the series name, the X values (category labels), the Y values, and the plot order. More on the series f...

ROWCOUNT question

Fibonacci function/command in excel?...tia sal
Fibonacci function/command in excel?...tia sal Greetings all, Is thier a Fibonacci function or command built into excel? TIA Please don't post the same message in different newsgroups. It only tends to fragment your answers, and to potentially waste the time of someone answering a post that's already been answered. For tips on using these groups effectively, see http://cpearson.com/excel/newposte.htm In article <IVjpe.62542$lQ3.45092@bignews5.bellsouth.net>, <sal@spp.net> wrote: > Fibonacci function/command in excel?...tia sal > > Greetings all, &...

Using labels in EXCEL 2007
I have app 400 names in Col B row 1 down to row 400 of my spreadsheet. I would like to transfer that info to "paper labels" Anyone know how? Thanks "pcor" <pcor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F98982B9-75BD-4A9D-85AD-2C28BC9408EA@microsoft.com... >I have app 400 names in Col B row 1 down to row 400 of my spreadsheet. > I would like to transfer that info to "paper labels" > Anyone know how? > Thanks You ask "Anyone know how" Of course someone here knows how! I don't have your answer, b...

How do I append data in several cells in one column
How do I append data in several cells in one column? I have a situation where I have several worksheet with approximately 2000 records on each worksheet. I have to append the data in 2 of the several columns of information. I cannot permanently change the formatting of the documents. I am looking for something that can be done on a large scale with a minimum of keystrokes. I have tried concatenation, but when I delete the reference cell, the program faults out. I would appreciate any help.. Explain your appendage. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Tim" <T...